PDA

View Full Version : What would Roy look like in the afterlife?

The Hammer of Thor
2007-10-15, 11:02 AM
If Roy's mum reverted to being a 19-year-old looker, and Roy's dad stayed wrinkely(?) because that's what they're like inside, what would Roy look like?
Personally, I find it hard to imagine that he would change from how he looks now. Though he might grow a bit older, with all that cynicism and sarcasm inside him.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-10-15, 11:25 AM
I think he'll stay pretty much the way he is, a warrior in his prime.

Elan, on the other hand will probably look like an eight-year-old!

Belkar: A troubled 15 year year old.

Durkon: About the same as he looks now.

V: Very Old

Haley: Hmmm... Tricky one. Maybe a bit older, but still smooth. Sort of a female Sean Connery.

DreadSpoon
2007-10-15, 11:37 AM
V: Very Old

He/she IS very old. Elf. :p

Haley: Hmmm... Tricky one. Maybe a bit older, but still smooth. Sort of a female Sean Connery.

I did NOT need that freakin' mental image, thank you.

Lord
2007-10-15, 11:39 AM
Nah I actaully think Roy will be a bit younger, his fathers neglect of him and such are probobly causing him to try too hard to be responsible, as he has shown a softer side. Oh and the fact that his team consists of a Phychotic halfling, an overly Verbouse Elf, a not so intelligent bard, and a Dwarf who is afraid of tree's probobly has something to do with it too.

Oh and Elan cetainly would not be an eight year old. He has matured a bit. Besides if he were that, Haley would be arrested for a certain crime which will go unmentioned.

T.Titan
2007-10-15, 11:40 AM
Elan, on the other hand will probably look like an eight-year-old!

Doubtful... i don't know many 8 year olds that like seducing wenches.

more like 16 without the goth look...

silvadel
2007-10-15, 11:47 AM
Why teenager all the time -- that is either at statutory or close to it... And is even below the legal age... I would think around 23 would be a more popular age for people to choose....

Soniku
2007-10-15, 11:48 AM
I would presume that would depend on the legal age of lawful good heaven, really :smallwink:

Arnen
2007-10-15, 11:49 AM
Doubtful... i don't know many 8 year olds that like seducing wenches.

You don't? Seriously? Not one? I mean, maybe a little older than eight, but half the little boys I know try to hit on any older girls they see because they think it'll make them "cool".

Archbear
2007-10-15, 11:54 AM
Why teenager all the time -- that is either at statutory or close to it... And is even below the legal age... I would think around 23 would be a more popular age for people to choose....

Disregarding the fact that legal age varies all over the world, and I have no idea if the concept even actually exists in the world of OotS....

Seriously, why would heaven have an age limit on this kind of thing? Does it matter if someone looks like 16 if he or she was three times that age when he or she dies?

Mind you, I'm not sure how to handle people who actually died at the age of 12 or so. Maybe they get to spend a few years in pre-heaven or something.

Anywho. I think it'd be rare for people to seem older in heaven than they were when they died, if for no other reason that people haven't seen themselves that old. They can probably recall what they used to look like, but an older face they'd have to invent.

Aerysil
2007-10-15, 12:10 PM
If he turns into a woman with a mop for a head, I WILL gouge my eyes out.

Querzis
2007-10-15, 12:10 PM
Roy would look just like he is right now. There is no way he would be a child or a teenager. He had hard time when he was young because of his father and never made any friends at fighter college. But right now, he is a responsible and powerfull fighter people depend on who died saving the world. We saw him change in the comic, especially with Elan and the bandit and he doesnt like what he did (and what he was) before. What he is right now is everything he ever dreamed to be, an hero just like his grandfather and his ancestor who got a sexy girlfriend and loyal friends. He will look the same.

Anyway the others would be

Elan: 15 years old or what he is right now because, just like Roy, elan changed and like what he became more then what he was.

Haley: Definitly what she is right now. She finally fought her fear and kicked the ass of her self-loathing.

Belkar: 18 years old....thats just a guess since we know nothing about Belkar background.

V: Very very old. I dont know if you can look older then when you died but if you can, V would.

Durkon: When he was still in the dwarf kingdom. Durkon like his humans friends now but he still want to go home.

Kaelaroth
2007-10-15, 01:07 PM
Roy's voice drifts out from the kitchen: Hey Durkon, welcome to Celestia! Come in, I'm just putting the food on the table.
Durkon makes for the kitchen: Hey Roy, me lad! It is just so fant-

[Stunned Silence]

Roy looks concerned: What is it Durkon?

[Stunned Silence]

Roy, even more worried: Durkon?

Durkon: Ye have an AFRO?!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Lord
2007-10-15, 01:12 PM
What the hack does an afro have to do with Roys character

Ing
2007-10-15, 01:20 PM
Belkar would be a giant spartan warrior with blood and foam perpetually gushing out his mouth. (IE how he WISHES people would see him but don't due to his munchkin size)

T.Titan
2007-10-15, 01:23 PM
You don't? Seriously? Not one? I mean, maybe a little older than eight, but half the little boys I know try to hit on any older girls they see because they think it'll make them "cool".

Last time i checked that whole being cool thing starts at around 12... but maybe boys "mature" faster where you're from...

Arnen
2007-10-15, 01:28 PM
Last time i checked that whole being cool thing starts at around 12... but maybe boys "mature" faster where you're from...
Eight is a bit of an exaggeration, but still somewhere in that age group around where Elan's mind seems to be - maybe ten or eleven.

donkyhotay
2007-10-15, 02:59 PM
Roy's voice drifts out from the kitchen: Hey Durkon, welcome to Celestia! Come in, I'm just putting the food on the table.

[Stunned Silence]

[Stunned Silence]

Maybe not an afro but hair in general. Roy only began shaving his head in order to 'beat genetics to the punch' so I assume he would prefer to have hair.

Ecalsneerg
2007-10-15, 03:01 PM
What the hack does an afro have to do with Roys character
As a kid, and before he went off to college, he had a 'fro.

Chronos
2007-10-15, 05:13 PM
Durkon: Ye have an AFRO?!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAA!"Don't worry, River, he's going to put the hair away now."

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-10-15, 06:06 PM
Eight is a bit of an exaggeration, but still somewhere in that age group around where Elan's mind seems to be - maybe ten or eleven.

I was exaggerating a little bit, but 10-12 sounds about right. :smallsmile:

But Belkar makes me think of an angry teen, mad because... well, just because.

Vaarsuvius wants to look as old as possible, to cultivate that "Arch-Mage" look. Even though elves are "ageless," some ageless look older than others.

Sean Connery was winning "People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive" in his 70's. Haley will remain lean and toned deep in to her MILF years. Stacey's Mom Has Got it Going On! :smallbiggrin:
(I'm so glad Rich said that, so I wouldn't have to worry if I was crossing the line)

Durkon and Roy are right where they probably always see themselves. Warrior in his prime, and Advisor/Coach.

Green Bean
2007-10-15, 06:19 PM
I see Durkon in the afterlife as older than he is. He's pretty much the grandfather of the team, and perhaps he'd get the years to match his experience.

Ariko
2007-10-15, 06:46 PM
If he turns into a woman with a mop for a head, I WILL gouge my eyes out.

I'l assume ya mean hair..now a mop for his head, that would be silly :smallbiggrin:

Roderick_BR
2007-10-15, 06:56 PM

[Stunned Silence]

[Stunned Silence]

I thought exactly the same. While he is lawful good, he pends a lot to chaotic because of his "rebel" style, although he balances rebelling (against his father) and keeping tradition (following his grandpa's steps).
But definitively an afro.

Kaelaroth
2007-10-17, 01:35 PM
"Don't worry, River, he's going to put the hair away now."

Love that episode.

And yes, as said above, one would assume Roy enjoyed having a 'fro when he was in college. After all, he removed for practicality and to beat genetics. No worries about that in Celestia though.

The honest illusionist
2007-10-17, 06:53 PM
"Don't worry, River, he's going to put the hair away now."

"Doesn't matter. It'll still be there. Waiting. :smalleek: "