PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on sanctified spells?

Voidstar01
2019-09-24, 01:23 PM
Some of them seem really good, others no so much? curious to know your guys' thoughts.

FearlessGnome
2019-09-24, 01:29 PM
I prefer the Corrupt spells. Much more varied and fun. However, there are some interesting Sanctified spells as well, like the Luminous Armor spells and Sanctify the Wicked. Sanctified spells are also the main way to shore up the spell list for the Healer, a class which I really want to like but which just didn't get any love at all outside the book it was printed in.

Ryton
2019-09-24, 02:53 PM
Same boat as FearlessGnome. They're nice, but in my opinion really don't offer much that's new or different (aside from the highest level ones, which have huge sacrifice costs). Celestial Aspect is nice for getting flight on Healers (or clerics, but clerics have many, many more options available to them though), especially since they can easily mitigate the Str damage.

Elves
2019-09-24, 03:21 PM
Sanctified spells are also the main way to shore up the spell list for the Healer, a class which I really want to like but which just didn't get any love at all outside the book it was printed in.

The healer is so sad because it lacks the one thing it needed to work, an action economy discount on healing. I'm sure if it had come out slightly later in the edition it would have been able to cast cure spells as a swift action. No doubt there are a bunch of homebrew fixes for it.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-09-25, 02:20 PM
Same boat as FearlessGnome. They're nice, but in my opinion really don't offer much that's new or different (aside from the highest level ones, which have huge sacrifice costs). Celestial Aspect is nice for getting flight on Healers (or clerics, but clerics have many, many more options available to them though), especially since they can easily mitigate the Str damage.

While clerics have more options for flight, being able to spontaneously cast Celestial aspect makes it a good option. Agreed the higher level sanctified spells have costs that are too high for their effect.

Psyren
2019-09-25, 03:06 PM
I like them from a spontaneous perspective (Clerics, Exalted Arcanist.) There are very few that are universally useful enough for me to actually want to prepare though, e.g. Luminous Armor.