PDA

View Full Version : Curses

Scottlang
2019-09-24, 02:43 PM
Hi all,

I have a play who loves to play around with curses.

the question is:
1) if you cast blindness/ deffness on a Ettin, does it effect both heads or just the one?

2) if you cast bestow curse on a rock troll and took its int to 0, and possesed the body, do you replace the int with yours or do you then become subject to the same curse?

Crake
2019-09-24, 02:47 PM
Hi all,

I have a play who loves to play around with curses.

the question is:
1) if you cast blindness/ deffness on a Ettin, does it effect both heads or just the one?

2) if you cast bestow curse on a rock troll and took its int to 0, and possesed the body, do you replace the int with yours or do you then become subject to the same curse?

1) They are one creature, and that one creature is rendered blind, so both heads.

2) Bestow curse cannot reduce a creature's ability score below 1, but regardless of that, when possessing a creature you use your int score, and you aren't cursed, so your int score should remain the same.

Mr Adventurer
2019-09-24, 02:51 PM
you aren't cursed, so your int score should remain the same.

I was with you up until this bit, which I'm less sure about. Does the same apply if the curse applied to Strength? What if it was a Ray of Enfeeblement instead?

Crake
2019-09-24, 03:31 PM
I was with you up until this bit, which I'm less sure about. Does the same apply if the curse applied to Strength? What if it was a Ray of Enfeeblement instead?

No, the same does not apply, because you use the troll's strength score, and the troll is cursed/enfeebled.

Mr Adventurer
2019-09-24, 03:33 PM
Yes but the point is what about things that aren't clearly one or the other? What's your logic?

Crake
2019-09-24, 03:58 PM
Yes but the point is what about things that aren't clearly one or the other? What's your logic?

Most possession abilities specify quite clearly which parts of the host and which part of the possessor you use, can you give me an example where it's unclear?