PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a race I think I read about

Ignis6669
2019-09-24, 04:51 PM
Hey everyone!

Weird question, but I'm hoping that you guys can help me to find a race that I'm fairly sure that I read about in a manual at some point. I pretty much only read 3.5 stuff, so it's probably from there. I think it's a race of Elf (or other long lived race, I'm not sure) that "freezes" their elders before they die so that they can be consulted on important things. I want to say that they have like a large cavern of them so that they can benefit from their wisdom. I'm not 100% on anything except that part where they can call back on their ancestors. Any idea?

Thurbane
2019-09-24, 04:52 PM
Sounds vaguely like Illithids and their Elder Brains, but I'm pretty sure that's not what you;re thinking of.

Maat Mons
2019-09-24, 05:07 PM
That's how elven society in Eberron works.

The Viscount
2019-09-24, 05:15 PM
More specifically the Aerenal elves, who become Deathless so they can guide their living descendants as the Undying Council.

Ignis6669
2019-09-24, 05:23 PM
That's how elven society in Eberron works.

More specifically the Aerenal elves, who become Deathless so they can guide their living descendants as the Undying Council.

Thanks guys! I found the information I was looking for! Page 216 of the Eberron campaign setting!