PDA

View Full Version : Player Help (3.5) Want to try a new class

booliusdoolius
2019-09-25, 09:56 AM
Hey all, I was just wanting to know your opinions for some classes. I want to try something new class, because I mostly Crusader, Cleric, and Rogue. Many thanks!

Cygnia
2019-09-25, 09:58 AM
Are you looking for something totally out of your comfort zone or something with similarities to what you've played before? Does your GM have certain sources/classes/ACFs et al banned from the campaign or is it anything goes? Are you starting at level one or somewhere else?

booliusdoolius
2019-09-25, 10:08 AM
Are you looking for something totally out of your comfort zone or something with similarities to what you've played before? Does your GM have certain sources/classes/ACFs et al banned from the campaign or is it anything goes? Are you starting at level one or somewhere else?

I'm looking for something different, because I mostly just play those classes. The GM's pretty cool with everything I think, so I dont think there'll be any restrictions.

ChaosStar
2019-09-25, 10:10 AM
Try a Wilder?

Sian
2019-09-25, 10:19 AM
Wilder is Imho one of the more underrated classes for what they can do... sure their psionic powers are at a premium, but you’re almost as good a manifester as non-cheese psion (given that they share list and pp) while at the same time being almost as good a meleer as PsiWar, given that they have medium BaB and a stronger ability to supplement with powers due to more pp/powers and arguebly more flexible powerlist (even if, as mentioned you’re going to have to be very selective with little/no overlap between your powers)

booliusdoolius
2019-09-25, 10:26 AM
Wilder is Imho one of the more underrated classes for what they can do... sure their psionic powers are at a premium, but you’re almost as good a manifester as non-cheese psion (given that they share list and pp) while at the same time being almost as good a meleer as PsiWar, given that they have medium BaB and a stronger ability to supplement with powers due to more pp/powers and arguebly more flexible powerlist (even if, as mentioned you’re going to have to be very selective with little/no overlap between your powers)

Ok. Do they work on Power Points or something else? If so, I don't know how to calculate Power Points.

Particle_Man
2019-09-25, 10:27 AM
Try a warlock. They are like an easy-mode arcane caster.

Korwin
2019-09-25, 10:29 AM
How about Binder?

booliusdoolius
2019-09-25, 10:30 AM
How about Binder?

Not a bad idea. Is there a handbook out there I can use?

Zaq
2019-09-25, 11:14 AM
I can’t get enough incarnates, myself. Really rewards thinking on your feet; not a traditional combat brute, but still very capable of contributing.

Luckmann
2019-09-25, 11:22 AM
A Feral Tortle Shaman.

booliusdoolius
2019-09-25, 11:31 AM
A Feral Tortle Shaman.

Aren't shamans bad?

ChaosStar
2019-09-25, 02:29 PM
Ok. Do they work on Power Points or something else? If so, I don't know how to calculate Power Points.

Do you not have access to the Expanded Psionics Handbook? It tells you how to calculate Power Points.

Troacctid
2019-09-25, 03:48 PM
How about a warmage? I personally find blowing things up to be very satisfying on a visceral level.

Aren't shamans bad?
They're a cross between clerics and druids so no, they're not bad.

StSword
2019-09-25, 04:06 PM
Not a bad idea. Is there a handbook out there I can use?

Yes, there is. (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=2942.0)

Luckmann
2019-09-25, 05:06 PM
Aren't shamans bad?No, Shamans are actually amazing. Good casting, 3 domains, a full animal companion, 3/4 BAB, and then some gravy.

The only genuine issue is that they didn't get a proper 3.5 update and their spell list is shallow/outdated unless you can convince the GM to let you take more stuff from various lists, as appropriate.