PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Make your homebrew better with this one simple trick

Bjarkmundur
2019-09-25, 01:26 PM
Sorry, I couldn't resist that title xD

I just realized that 4e has like five million different abilities and powers, each one in the theme of the class it belonged to. If you ever have trouble naming a feature just look for encounter and daily powers from a class that fits the theme of your feature.

Many of my favorite power names come from the warlord (https://dnd4.fandom.com/wiki/Warlord). Names like like Scent of Victory, Chimera Battlestrike, Heart of the Titan, Hero's Defiance and War of Attrition are just awesome.

cajbaj
2019-09-25, 03:08 PM
I wrote a Gambler class and naming features was so fun.
Of course you get the Gambling terms like "Double or Nothing" and "Snake Eyes", the you've got the puns like "Blockjack" , and then you've got the joke stuff that fits the theme like "Liver failure", "Out for Cigs" and "Can't Do Another Nickel".

Bjarkmundur
2019-09-25, 04:41 PM
I wrote a Gambler class and naming features was so fun.
Of course you get the Gambling terms like "Double or Nothing" and "Snake Eyes", the you've got the puns like "Blockjack" , and then you've got the joke stuff that fits the theme like "Liver failure", "Out for Cigs" and "Can't Do Another Nickel".

Blockjack xD