PDA

View Full Version : [Spell] True necromancy at its finest and most useful.

Duke Malagigi
2007-10-15, 01:43 PM
necromancy (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/necromancy)

Because of this dictionary definition of necromancy and the time of the year, I have decided to post my own little homebrew necromancy spell for all of you to enjoy. I hope this makes you happy.

Corpse Analysis
Necromancy

Level: Sor/Wiz 1, Knowledge or Repose 1, Death focused Druid (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3174082#post3174082) 1
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: 5 ft.
Target: One dead creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: none
Spell Resistance: No

Using hair, tissue or blood samples you can determine the precise cause and time of death of one individual. This spell also reveals the amount of force used by the assailant. It can also be used to determine how many times the victim was struck before death and find self defense wounds, if any exist.

Material Component: A drop of blood, a half square inch of skin or a single strand of hair. Neither prevents raise dead or resurrection. Is not effect by eschew matierals or similar feats.

It's a lot more CSI than pure horror, but some of you might like it anyway. I just felt like I had to post this spell right about now.

jindra34
2007-10-15, 01:46 PM

Because of this dictionary definition of necromancy and the time of the year, I have decided to post my own little homebrew necromancy spell for all of you to enjoy. I hope this makes you happy.

Corpse Analysis
Necromancy

Level: Sor/Wiz 4

Using hair, tissue or blood samples you can determine the precise cause and time of death of one individual. This spell also reveals the amount of force used by the assailant. It can also be used to determine how many times the victim was struck before death and find self defense wounds, if any exist.

Material Component: A drop of blood, a half square inch of skin or a single strand of hair. Neither prevents raise dead or resurrection. Is not effect by eschew matierals or similar feats.

It's a lot more CSI than pure horror, but some of you might like it anyway. I just felt like I had to post this spell right about now.

can probably be level one. and why do clerics and druids not get this?

Duke Malagigi
2007-10-15, 02:08 PM
can probably be level one. and why do clerics and druids not get this?

I reduced it to level 1 and put it into the Knowledge and Repose domains. I also gave the spell to druids using my variant.

Maerok
2007-10-15, 04:57 PM

Corpse Analysis
Necromancy

Level: Sor/Wiz 1, Knowledge or Repose 1, Death focused Druid (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3174082#post3174082) 1

Every time someone takes the term 'necromancy' literally, Vecna kills a catgirl.

Duke Malagigi
2007-10-15, 06:44 PM
Every time someone takes the term 'necromancy' literally, Vecna kills a catgirl.

Doesn't Vecna have anything better to do with his time? He's a lich-god of secrecy, death, madness, paranoia, knowledge and magic. Killing catgirls, ha, I thought Vecna would consider that beneath him. I always figured that he would focus on something tougher, like paragon, half-celstial, psudonatrual unicorn saints with 23 levels in wizard. Now that seems like a worthy chalenge for Vecna now, dosen't it?

Maerok
2007-10-16, 04:38 PM
That's too obvious. Helloooo, he's the god of secrecy and paranoia. :smalltongue:

Duke Malagigi
2007-10-16, 07:40 PM
That's too obvious. Helloooo, he's the god of secrecy and paranoia. :smalltongue:

True, but he acts like a whimp on purpose. Now, should I make a half-celsetial, paragon, epic psudonatural unicorn saint with 23 levels in wizard?

Mewtarthio
2007-10-16, 07:55 PM

I'm sorry, how does one take the term "necromancy" literally? That would be liking taking the word "house" literally, or "indefatigable."

martyboy74
2007-10-16, 08:22 PM
Necromancy, translated literally, is communication with ghosts and corpses, as opposed to the meaning that has been in place since the middle ages, which includes all sorts of black magic.