PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Wu Jen BBGE - optimization

Dlabuga
2019-09-26, 08:59 PM
I'm running a campaign, the villain, BBGE is based on the Persian empire. He lives at the end of a desert, near a sleeping volcano.

One class that I liked and I think can match a lot is Wu Jen.

I read about the combinations for this class and got interested in JPM's Emerald Immolation, but I would like more options using the following spells.

Body Outside Body as SLA (Archmage)
Gate SLA (Archmage)
Dancing Blade SLA (Archmage)

I would like to use Transcend Mortality, but imitating the effect of emerald imollation.

would like to summon several swords to dance and use spells of defense and battlefield control

Kayblis
2019-09-27, 12:27 AM
You want to animate weapons? Well then, carry around a bundle of weapons and cast Chained Dancing Blade as a 7th-level spell(apply metamagic reducers as needed). This animates a number of swords equal to your CL to fight by your side, each affected by the original spell, and all have their own initiative order(treat them as one for this or you'll go mad very fast). Anyone can roll a bucket of d6 for damage, but how many people can say they roll a bucket of d20 to hit every round and still cast a spell?

This is actually a pretty inferior version of Animate Weapon from the Wizard/Sorcerer list, but can be chained with no extra tricks(AW has touch range). Both spells share a special quirk, they don't specify size for the blade. So you can chain animate a huge number of Colossal greatswords if you really really hate your players. Hell, even Medium greatswords are a tall order when you have 15 of those.

I haven't messed around with BOB much, other people know how to break it better. Gate is a simple matter of summoning an Abomination from the Epic Level Handbook and have it kill everything because it's what they do. If we had a CL we could suggest good monsters that don't break the 2xCL control cap.

ekarney
2019-09-27, 05:52 AM
If you want TM you can take Arcane Disciple for the Spite Domain which adds Pact of Return to your spell list
Possibly have him use TM for a couple of rounds, dismiss the spell and then let the res proc.

You could possibly also get Divine Power onto his spell list through the same method but asking for a different domain. Though Cas is the only god that offers the Spite domain iirc, so getting that and one of the domains that adds Divine Power might be a little difficult.

If you want to initiate emerald immolation, you can try and weasel Death Throes onto his spell list as well, not sure how you could do that though, unless you pulled some Mystic Theurge/Durthan shenanigans, though if you did that, then getting Pact of Return, Divine Power, and Death Throes all in one easy swoop, and you'd still get a nice martial bonus for a persisted divine power, which would counter the loss of JPM levels.

DrMotives
2019-09-27, 05:58 AM
You could try to get Final Attack from Savage Species in as well. Big boost to your self-destruct, and you could still get back up again afterwords.

Dlabuga
2019-09-27, 07:50 AM
Well, I would like to do everything within the rules.

I've been analyzing the chain spell feat and can't use it because the magic is touch, right?

I really liked Death Thrones, and I'm going to think of a build that is from Wu Jen, Ur Priest and Mystic Theurge, might work.

I loved the idea of ​​many blades dancing, many of them.

I'll use the gates to summon Balor to interact with Death Thrones or Emerald Immolation.

Dlabuga
2019-09-27, 07:56 AM
Fire Elf (Campaign Lore) 80pts 1 per 1

5 Wu Jen
1 Mindbander
2 Ur-Priest
8 Mysthic Theurge
4 Archmage

Divine spells for buffs, debuff
Arcane spells for attacks

RaiKirah
2019-09-28, 12:42 PM
Body Outside Body is one of my favorite spells, and one that I've spend a fair amount of time coming up with uses for. If you're looking for ideas, I would start with Lord of Procrastination's Dirty Tricks #3: Attack of the Clones found here: (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=663.0)

There's some good stuff here that will get you started.

I've put together a bunch of specific builds/combos and posted them here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?581886-Interesting-Body-Outside-Body-Combinations) and some folks chimed in with other ideas as well.

Have fun!

Dlabuga
2019-09-29, 12:51 PM
Body Outside Body is one of my favorite spells, and one that I've spend a fair amount of time coming up with uses for. If you're looking for ideas, I would start with Lord of Procrastination's Dirty Tricks #3: Attack of the Clones found here: (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=663.0)

There's some good stuff here that will get you started.

I've put together a bunch of specific builds/combos and posted them here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?581886-Interesting-Body-Outside-Body-Combinations) and some folks chimed in with other ideas as well.

Have fun!

Awesome tips.

I decided on my build.
It will be in order below:

Swordsage 1
Wu Jen 5
Jade Mage Phoenix 10
Archmage 4

Fire Elf. Half-Fiend Template
Str: 8 + 4 = 12
Dex: 18 + 4 + 2 = 24
Con: 18 + 2-2 = 20
Int: 18 + 4 + 2 = 24
Wis: 10
Car: 8 + 2-2 = 8

Feats:

1- Law Devotion (For clones Attacks)
1 -Bonus Wu jen (chain spell)
3- Knowledge Devotion (for clones attacks)
6- Improved Initiative
9- Skill focus Spellcraft
12- Spell focus Transmutation
15- Spell focus ?
18- ? help plz

Archmage SLA:
BOB + Chained Dancing Blade + Gate (Balorx2) + Transcend Mortality
I will buy every possible slot with unlimited money.

How BoB works? like summons spell? or the clones have their own initiative?
I will focus on dealing fire damage, both spells and maneuvers.

ANy tips for stances and maneuvers?
Ring of fire will be one

But there is a problem, such as how to remove players' fire immunity or resistance for both spells and maneuvers? any suggestion?

It will be the last challenge of the campaign.

All players ECL 20

My players are:
Druid: Focused on animal companion (expert player)
Boccob Cleric (expert player)
Bard Archer with Word of Creation (new)
Swordsage / Warblade TWF (new)

RaiKirah
2019-09-29, 02:54 PM
Well, in terms of overcoming fire resistance you can do that to some extent with Metamagic:

Searing Spell from Sandstorm makes [Fire] spells ignore fire resistance and deal half damage to fire immune

Sacred Spell makes half of all damage Sacred and thus not subject to resistances

Consecrate Spell (and Corrupt Spell) make half of the damage Good/Evil and not subject to elemental resistances

(How a Sacred, Consecrated Fireball works is anyone's guess however, so talk to your DM.)

Explosive Spell from Complete Arcane does nothing whatsoever to overcome fire resistance, but it does make all your spells knock back anyone who fails a reflex save in their AoE, which is hilarious. You could also probably pair this with Knockdown in some manner for additional shenanigans.

BoB Clones act on your initiative.

Dlabuga
2019-09-30, 11:39 AM
Well, in terms of overcoming fire resistance you can do that to some extent with Metamagic:

Searing Spell from Sandstorm makes [Fire] spells ignore fire resistance and deal half damage to fire immune

Sacred Spell makes half of all damage Sacred and thus not subject to resistances

Consecrate Spell (and Corrupt Spell) make half of the damage Good/Evil and not subject to elemental resistances

(How a Sacred, Consecrated Fireball works is anyone's guess however, so talk to your DM.)

Explosive Spell from Complete Arcane does nothing whatsoever to overcome fire resistance, but it does make all your spells knock back anyone who fails a reflex save in their AoE, which is hilarious. You could also probably pair this with Knockdown in some manner for additional shenanigans.

BoB Clones act on your initiative.

If i cast Giantsize spell and them Body Outside body, the clones will have my new size (colossal and my new stats?)

ty

RaiKirah
2019-09-30, 01:20 PM
If i cast Giantsize spell and them Body Outside body, the clones will have my new size (colossal and my new stats?)

ty

My read on this is no. Giant Size is an ongoing spell effect targeting you, it doesn't actually change your baseline form (upon which the clones are based) to be Colossal. The fact that the spell explicitly tells you that equipment is non-magical (and thus doesn't provide it's temporary bonuses) further supports this. However if your DM disagrees, then all your buffs should transfer to your BoB clones, which is pretty sweet.

Lapak
2019-09-30, 02:16 PM
Just as a side note, because you can rule it irrelevant as the DM, but if this is a BB*E*G then strictly speaking Jade Phoenix Mage is incompatible with the build given that it has an alignment restriction.

Dlabuga
2019-10-01, 07:10 AM
Just as a side note, because you can rule it irrelevant as the DM, but if this is a BB*E*G then strictly speaking Jade Phoenix Mage is incompatible with the build given that it has an alignment restriction.

This guy will be Chaotic Neutral.

Another question:

In Body Outside Body, my clones have my caster level? cuz I´m gonna use Gate to summon Balors as SLA.

And what do u guys prefer? Desert Wind (Swordsage) or Devoted Spirit (Crusader).

When i enter in JPM, this ill count for any initiator class? ex: 1 crusader + 10 JPM = 11 crusader? or 1 crusader + 10 warblade? i mean JPM count as any class (warblade, swordsage, crusader)?

Thx