PDA

View Full Version : Comics Gamilas based on Kree?

t209
2019-09-27, 12:25 AM
As a fan of Yamato and Marvel, I've seen both of them to be too similar to be coincidence.
Sure, Blue skinned-aliens are not unique, but just that part of me feel that either it was coincidence or Leiji was influenced by Kree, who were drawn in 1967 before they were drawn in Blue around 1970's.
I even made some notes below, albeit the reboot version since it has clear depiction of what I need.
https://i.imgur.com/ywTJhzt.png
Also not counting Imperialism, propensity for Genocide on "uncooperative" subjects, and humiliated by humanity (though Earth in Marvel universe have large amounts of superheroes and a Kree defector to not get flattened by blue aliens).

Kitten Champion
2019-09-27, 01:41 AM
*scrubbed*Yes, there's some overlap in terms of autocratic forms of power generally, but the design inspirations are clearly different, especially with Kirby and Mastumoto's designs being so... particular to them as artists.

Secondly, Garmilians weren't intended to be blue, which is partly why the first adversaries just look like humans. It was something retconned into the production early because it's less confusing for the audience to give them a visual shorthand for the aliens. Just changing them to blue means you don't have to make any real concessions to the art style.

t209
2019-09-27, 04:51 PM
Secondly, Garmilians weren't intended to be blue, which is partly why the first adversaries just look like humans. It was something retconned into the production early because it's less confusing for the audience to give them a visual shorthand for the aliens. Just changing them to blue means you don't have to make any real concessions to the art style.
Same happened to Kree.
I do remember Ronan being drawn in human-skin tone in Fantastic Four before turned into Blue in Kree Skrull War.