PDA

View Full Version : Optimization My Mystic Goliath

Drache64
2019-09-27, 01:18 PM
My Mystic Goliath is my ploy at playing a Darkseid/Thanos Character.

His backstory is pretty simple, my last campaign was in Pathfinder, I played a Psion Elan Thrallherd. Somewhere in time my Old Character cast Mind Seed on this Goliath causing him to forget who he once was and think of himself as the god of eternity (something my old character asserted he was).

This Goliath is starting at level 2, any ideas of how to optimize him, or start off better? I am looking for optimization tips, but also not wanting to forsake the backstory in the name of a monchkin.

Class Mystic
Order Awakened (Symbolizing the Psion Elan Telepath that used mind seed on him)
Disciplines: Telepathic Contact, Psychic Inquisition, Adaptive Body
Talent: Mind Trust (DC 14 Int save or 1d10 DMG)
Background: Acolyte (He is starting his own religion hiring 25 hirelings a day to spread the word of the cult of the eternal, also called the Cult of the Mad god)

Starting equipment:
Spear, Scale Male (not Proficient), Shield (Not Proficient), Holy Symbol (of himself), Prayer book (his own gibberish scrawlings).

HP: 19
AC: 18

STR: 15
DEX: 15
CON:16
INT: 18
WIS: 14
CHA: 11

Play Style, He sits in the back with his arms folded, never running, never screaming, just calmly casting mind thrust for free every round on the weak minded.

Level 4 he will pick up Medium Armor Proficiency and Disciplines that will allow him to fight physically like Brute Force. The idea is that he rarely deigns combat worthy of himself, but when he does (at higher levels) he pumps the Psi Points to fight as if he truly is a god (Perhaps even using Giant Growth Discipline).

His Charisma is really low because he doesn't persuade people through conventional means, he simply tells them how to think.

I know wearing armor I am not proficient with is a risk, but his MO is to stay in the back, never run, never fight back conventionally, and it doesn't get in the way of his Psychic Powers. If he accidentally triggers a trap he can use his Stones Endurance Goliath Ability, and His Mystic Recovery Class ability to negate the damage received plus his Adaptive Body Disciplines to gain resistance to the damage as a reaction.

Thoughts, Ideas, Am I an idiot for not going Immortal?

Wildarm
2019-09-27, 07:04 PM
Check with your DM to make sure you can do Psionics while wearing armor you're not proficient with.

Immortal is a bit more durable and regen which is pretty strong early on. Awakened is decent enough though definitely the most classic Psionicist. Wu Jen can be fun too. For a Thanos inspire character though, immortal is probably closer to what you want.