PDA

View Full Version : Why do martial initiator prcs only give half maneuvers kown?

Faolin
2019-09-27, 11:02 PM
I was reading the tome of battle and noticed that all but two of the prcs give half maneuvers known. Of the two exceptions one gives half more and bloodstorm blade gives none dispite having several abilities that key off of maneuvers. Why is this? It seems silly.

RatElemental
2019-09-28, 01:14 AM
It might have to do with PrCs for casters turning out to, aside from a few, be extremely powerful and they wanted to avoid that.

That said, I have zero experience with maneuver stuff, so take anything I say on the subject with an entire salt mine.

Kelb_Panthera
2019-09-28, 02:01 AM
I would expect it was to match the progression rate of the crusader and warblade. They both learn a maneuver at every other level too. Master of Nine being fast progression is pretty obviouly down to the nature of what that class is.

I've got no ready explanation for Bloodstorm blade. It -is- one of the single most powerful ranged classes in the game by a fair margin. Maybe someone on the design team felt that adding maneuver progression to that was just a bridge too far?

Luckmann
2019-09-28, 02:35 AM
And note that Bloodstorm Blade (probably) still advances your Initiator Level anyway.