PDA

View Full Version : Question about warlock

Arakune
2007-10-15, 04:30 PM
How he create his magic items? There is some restriction in that?

Shas aia Toriia
2007-10-15, 04:37 PM
Ummm. . . as long as you meet the pre reqs, anyone can take any feat, Warlocks included.

cupkeyk
2007-10-15, 04:40 PM
The warlock must use a scroll using UMD to to cast the spells for item creation, possibly using several scrolls over the span of several days. He must be able to cast the spell everyday required for the duration of item creation. I am not sure if you must actually cast the scroll, but I know you must be able (being the operative term of ability) to cast the spell.

Krrth
2007-10-15, 04:49 PM
The warlock must use a scroll using UMD to to cast the spells for item creation, possibly using several scrolls over the span of several days. He must be able to cast the spell everyday required for the duration of item creation. I am not sure if you must actually cast the scroll, but I know you must be able (being the operative term of ability) to cast the spell.

Hmmm...I don't have my book with me, but I though thatonce you reached lvl 10 (or thereabouts), you no longer need to know the spell to make the item.

Dausuul
2007-10-15, 04:55 PM
Hmmm...I don't have my book with me, but I though thatonce you reached lvl 10 (or thereabouts), you no longer need to know the spell to make the item.

Level 12, actually.

Arakune
2007-10-15, 05:15 PM
I'm trying to make one outcast male drow warlock. Not another crybaby drizzit clone, he's CN simple because he realized that trying to poison another drow drink as a substitute of "hi, how are you my friend" isn't a good way to survive :smallwink:

TimeWizard
2007-10-15, 05:31 PM
I'm trying to make one outcast male drow warlock. Not another crybaby drizzit clone, he's CN simple because he realized that trying to poison another drow drink as a substitute of "hi, how are you my friend" isn't a good way to survive :smallwink:

It's almost like the drow society couldn't exist with all the killing and hatred. Is it possible to have a whole race that only ever laughs at weakness and misdeads?

Krrth
2007-10-15, 05:37 PM
If you are willing to take the LA hit (and with drow, I think you are), you may want to look at the Fey're (evil elven subrace). They can be kinda fun.

Arakune
2007-10-15, 05:53 PM
It's almost like the drow society couldn't exist with all the killing and hatred. Is it possible to have a whole race that only ever laughs at weakness and misdeads?

Don't think so. One "hi" in the drow society should be insulting another drow in a friendly way (his fortune, taste in slaves, about his competency, etc); no bride would be worth if she didn't killed/enslaved/sacrificed at least 3 previous husbands; their hobby could range from 'throw the knife in the middle of eye of that human prisoner', 'who can corrupt faster that priest of some random good deity', 'who can make the slave scream in the most creative way'. And let's not get started when they start to get really mean.

His society will be a little different from standard drow society, with some very interesting quirks.

-------
Also, what good craft skill I can have, for my drow warlock that are not entirely obvious to take?