PDA

View Full Version : 5e Stringy Haired Ghost Girl

Cisturn
2019-09-28, 10:43 AM
Hey playgrounders,

I'm currently building a 5e fiend warlock that has the flavor of a stringy haired ghost ghost girl. Think Samara from The Ring or Alma from the Fear Series. My DM has given me cart blanche to design some feats for her. The idea is to design a few to give her a scary phantom alternate form for her. The time frame here is that the form can last as many rounds are equal to her level, per short rest.

I'm thinking proficiency in Intimidation, maybe some resistances. Possibly a levitation thing later on. Does anyone have any ideas or building blocks to add in?

Bjarkmundur
2019-09-28, 11:40 AM
Looking for homebrewed stuff, we have a forum for that. What you're describing is basically the fey warlock thought.

Check out if there's a potion that might get you what you want, at least then you have some precedent.

JackPhoenix
2019-09-28, 12:17 PM
Warlock can give you Disguise Self at will. I suggest GOO for the spell list. Mixing in sorcerer for metamagic (mainly subtle) would be a good idea. Shadow origin would be most thematic.

Bjarkmundur
2019-09-28, 12:29 PM
An aoe fear effect is probably all you need, right? Rest is just cosmetics?
Also remember the rule of cool; if you describe something awesome, your DM wants to make it happen, even if you didn't plan it before hand. Most DMs are suckers for a good narrative (I know I am)

RickAllison
2019-09-28, 12:38 PM
It's a shame you're set on warlock, because that seems like a fantastic character for a Long Death Monk XD. Unarmored Defense for only wearing the nightgown or other eerie apparel, L3 leeching life off other people, L6 AoE fear, L11 nigh-unkillable, and L17 being able to kill with just a touch.

Bobthewizard
2019-09-28, 02:06 PM
Let's go GOO Warlock for the telepathy. Take Mask of Many Faces to make yourself creepy and Misty Visions to make the room creepy. Later consider Cloak of Flies, Sign of Ill Omen, Ascendant Step, and Whispers of the Grave.

For creepy spells consider Arms of Hadar, Dissonant Whispers, Misty Step, Phantasmal Force, Spider Climb, Fear, Hunger of Hadar, Evard's Black Tentacles, Shadow of Moil, Telekinesis, Soul Cage, Etherealness, Maddening Darkness, and Psychic Scream.

It's not an optimized character but it would be playable. It would be especially cool for Curse of Strand.

Capac Amaru
2019-09-29, 09:45 PM
The Menacing feat would be pretty thematic.