PDA

View Full Version : Storing and Transporting Undead Hordes

Bromley20
2019-09-28, 01:50 PM
I've been working on a cleric necromancer for a new campaign that is starting in a few weeks. The party needs someone who can do basic healing and remove conditions so I'm going cleric instead of dread necromancer. We are starting at level 5 so I am capable of creating a small group of undead right now. The character is the gravedigger from a small town so they have access to a lot of weak bodies to animate. I know having 1-2 higher HD undead are better than a horde but it is all I have access to at the moment. I have the Deathbound domain so I can get more bodies per casting. I have also used the divine magician acf to get access to other useful spells like command undead and undead lieutenant.

What are some ways to store and transport a group of undead without drawing too much attention? Enveloping pit seems like a decent way to do it but I may not always have a flat surface to throw it on. Are there any ways to store them in something that doesn't need to be unrolled on the ground like a jar or something?

unseenmage
2019-09-28, 02:10 PM
In my extended sig should be a link to a thread called Construct Folding or somesuch .

The basic just is to use the Squeezing rules to compact your Construct down two sizes and store them in extradimensional spaces like portable holes and Enveloping pits.

Bromley20
2019-09-28, 10:38 PM
I completely forgot about using the squeezing rules to fit more. The enveloping pit should be able to handle everything and more then. Thanks for the reminder!

Jack_Simth
2019-09-29, 10:02 AM
Also: Get a mule and cart. That'll give you a flat surface wherever.

Aotrs Commander
2019-09-29, 10:19 AM
My Pale Master used a Portable Hole, but it was also stated that getting the skeletons in and out of it, due to the squeezing, was very much an out-of-combat activity (since you can actually get a fair few bodies in a 10-foot diamter, 10-foot deep whole if you you pile them up). So likely not much use for your specific query, but maybe worth noting in passing.

Luckmann
2019-09-29, 01:42 PM
Bodybag of Holding? :smallbiggrin: