PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Five gnolls, one golem and a race.

notXanathar
2019-09-29, 11:58 AM
This is a little selection of creatures that I've been 'brewing for a while. The first is my conversion of the alchemical golem from the new pathfinder to dnd 5e, and the rest are gnolls, which I designed mainly to give gnolls a role outside of combat. It also comes with a gnoll pc race, because I think that would be really fun to play.
Here's the homebrewery link: https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rJHuEYYM8H

I'm not so sure on CRs, so please give me some advice, but here is what I'm hoping. Please give advice on how to get those ones to the right level.

Gnoll speaker: this is designed to be a fairly low CR, but take more a role as a main antagonist or translator type,

Gnoll poisoner: I'm thinking CR 1-2, but I'm not sure here. This is kind of more of a long term threat/plan type thing, like if they poisoned a towns water source. Please also help with design of poisons, as it's not so easy to get both right and reasonably balanced, as there is little precedent.

Gnoll shaman: I don't want this to outshine the gnoll fang of yeenoghu, so I'm hoping CR 3, but it is also similarly a long term plan thing like a powerful ritual, etc.

Gnoll Scourge: CR 6-7. this is really just a brute, but it felt important to add a brute that wasn't supernatural.

Gnoll Knight: CR 3-5. This one feels a bit weak. It was meant to be a step away from gnolls are all nasty hyena demons, and give the DM something more interesting to role-play. The idea was to make a gnoll with more of a sense of honour, but, since gnolls are chaotic evil, it might be interesting to see them wrestle with their natural impulses.

Thanks for any help.