PDA

View Full Version : Have Ao Ever Appear In Your Game?

Bartmanhomer
2019-09-29, 04:44 PM
Have Ao the overwrite ever appeared in your game? If so what your experience like with Ao?

torrasque666
2019-09-29, 05:42 PM
Course Ao has appeared in my games. He's at the other end of the table, sitting behind a folding piece of cardboard.

Bartmanhomer
2019-09-29, 05:44 PM
Course Ao has appeared in my games. He's at the other end of the table, sitting behind a folding piece of cardboard.

LOL! Good one! :biggrin:

Asmotherion
2019-09-29, 06:55 PM
Most of the time not in a way players can interact with him directly. When i was watching the first Marvel movies i was inspired by Stan Lee's Cameos to have Ao appear as a cameo in some games and drop hints of his Divine Nature to the PCs after he departed.

One time i had a fireball drop on some Drow elves the party had trouble dealing with. After a wile a Wizard appeared to appologise for the bad aiming and that it was intended as fire-show at a nearby festival. Although they didn't completely catch the hint they got that he was probably more powerful than met the eye as he had no trouble bypassing the Drow SR.

An other time he appeared in a tavern as some old adventurer that had gone half mad and conviniently remembered adventuring in a dungeon they had trouble finding the solution to a puzzle to oppen a doorway. He came along and helped out giving hints he "remembered" were relevant (in a yes/no pattern). After that he activated a trap and eventhough it did minimal damage to the players (1d4) he appeared to have had "dissintegrated". The Wizard with permanancied Arcane Sight saw that the dust was a very high level illusion spell; He assumed the adventurer was a wizard and had some contigiency-teleport when he got damage.

i mostly use him as a Deus Ex Machina for desperate situations to progress the story.

HouseRules
2019-09-29, 08:22 PM

You mean one of those "10 inches by 10 inches" space requirement on the battle map?

Esprit15
2019-09-29, 08:58 PM
Only as an unmentioned patron for an Archivist/Cleric.

Nizaris
2019-09-29, 11:29 PM
He showed up in one of my epic level games as a continuation of a previous game which ended with the universe almost being destroyed. All he did was tell the party to fix the mess and teleport the party into the 5th level of Hell (without filling out the necessary paperwork first).