PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Rivalry Domain: Send Your Allies Into Competition

sandmote
2019-09-29, 04:54 PM
This page on the Homebrewery (https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/S1iPPVj0PH)

Blessings of Rivalry
At 1st level, you learn two languages of your choice. You also become proficient in your choice of two of the following skills: Deception, Intimidation, Persuasion, or Sleight of Hand.

Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of those skills.

Domain Spells
Travel Domain Spells
Level Spell
1st Bane, Heroism
3rd Enhance Ability, Misty Step
5th Haste, Remove Curse
7th Aura of Purity, Locate Creature
9th Dispel Evil and Good, Skill Empowerment

Enhance Rivalry
Starting at 2nd level, you can use Channel Divinity to heighten the rivalry between creatures.

As a bonus action, you can choose two creatures within 30 feet of you, which recognize each other as rivals for 1 hour.

When either rival makes a skill check, it receives a 1d4 bonus on the roll if its rival has made the same check since the end of their last turn. If either creature makes an attack roll, it receives a 1d4 bonus on the roll if its rival has damaged the target since the end of their last turn. If both rivals make a saving throw against the same instance of an effect and one fails while the other succeeds, the rival that failed can add 1d4 to the saving throw, potentially turning the failure into a success.

Aid Underdog
At 6th level, you can use your Channel Divinity, choosing one creature within 30 feet, which chooses its own rival it can see. As long as no ally of your target makes an attack roll against the rival or forces the rival to make a saving throw, the creature can add 1d4 to its attack and damage rolls against the rival.

Potent Spellcasting
Starting at 8th level, you add your Wisdom modifier to the damage you deal with any cleric cantrip.

Secure Superiority
Starting at 17th level, you can create an aura sapping the ability of those within 60 feet of you. For 1 minute, each creature of your choice within the aura must subtract 1d4 from its first attack roll, skill check, or saving throw during its turn. You can use this ability once, and regain it at the end of a long rest.

I'm not very happy with the 17th level feature, but rather like the rest of this. the knockoff from Knowledge domain is actually weaker (as bards are more likely to have high deception/intimidation/persuasion). The 2nd channel divinity option exclusively buffs, and is meant to get even murder hobos to be willing to work together.

sleepyhead
2019-10-01, 09:28 AM
Spells: Misty Step, Remove Curse, Aura of Purity, Dispel Evil and Good- These spells don't really make me think of competition or rivalry.
Aid Underdog- Should scale as you level up, doesn't really mean much at higher levels, at least not the damage dice.
Secure Superiority- I like it, doesn't really scream competition, but works as a ultra bane which is cool, once per long rest might be a bit to little though.

sandmote
2019-10-02, 09:23 PM
Spells: Misty Step, Remove Curse, Aura of Purity, Dispel Evil and Good- These spells don't really make me think of competition or rivalry. The spells removing effects, I was thinking you're removing hindering effects, allowing the target to compete. Maybe Aid or Zone of Truth could work as a 2nd level spell? Death Ward or Elemental Bane replacing Aura of Purity?

Aid Underdog- Should scale as you level up, doesn't really mean much at higher levels, at least not the damage dice.
Secure Superiority- I like it, doesn't really scream competition, but works as a ultra bane which is cool, once per long rest might be a bit to little though. I mean, Secure Superiority doesn't require a saving throw. Would effects restricting the rival's movement strengthen Aid Underdog to be more useful?