PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [PF1e] City of 7 Seraphs help! How do mirrorkin work?

EisenKreutzer
2019-09-29, 05:43 PM
Could anyone who has experience with Co7S explain the mirrorkin race to me? I’ve poured over the racial features for a while now, and I can’t wrap my head around it.

Lost_Spheres
2019-09-30, 02:37 PM
Could anyone who has experience with Co7S explain the mirrorkin race to me? I’ve poured over the racial features for a while now, and I can’t wrap my head around it.

Hello!

Mirrorkin species abilities are determined by their Source-Group bonds. They have five potential bonds. These bonds function as psychic imprints on allied creatures. A bond basically has a reflective, inverse, or inert setting. Inert settings are rare enough to be considered alternate species traits. Each bond determines an ability and the total type (reflective, inversive, and inert) determine the current Ability Score Modifiers. Here is an example:

Axyvyxa is a mirrorkin fighter with all five bonds active:

Unar Bond (1) - We chose Inversive Appearance to an allied male aasimar fighter. Axyvyxa presents a female gender aasimar exterior and gains as +10 to appear as a member of the aasimar species.
Duar Bond (2) - We chose Inversive Skill to our halfling rouge and select his Bluff and Sleight of Hand giving us the opposing skills of Sense Motive and Perception as bonus class skills.
Trinar Bond (3) - We chose Reflective Insight with our shadow fey ranger ally who has Two-Weapon fighting and we gain this as a bonus feat.
Tetra Bond (4) - We choose Inversive Movement bonded to the halfling rogues bartending sister who we became friends with and gain a +10 to movement speed.
Pentar Bond (5) - We choose Reflective Language and gain our tiefling wizard's native Infernal, as well as their mastery of Ignan and Terran.

We are dominant Inversive in the bonds we have which means our Ability Scores are opposite of the current average of our five bonds. For sake of example lets say these scores end up being averages of STR 11 DEX 15 CON 14 INT 13 WIS 10 CHA 12 our stat modifiers end up being +2 STR, -2 INT, +2 WIS to balance out our friends weaknesses and strengths. This is set for as long as the bonds remain intact. If an ally ceases considering Axyvyxa an ally or dies she will have to replace them or suffer from her allegiance addiction. If She wants she can change these bonds and alter the abilities she has. Forgetting feats, languages, and shifting her stat bonuses as the average scores change.

Players struggling with this level of complexity who still want to play mirrorkin can take 3 cyclic bonds and be a shardborn which will stop Ability Score shifts and give more consistent species traits.

Hope this helps.

EisenKreutzer
2019-09-30, 04:27 PM
Thanks! That cleared things up for me. Man, that is the most complex race I have ever seen in either Pathfinder or 3.x. I love it though!