PDA

View Full Version : Daevic questions

Efrate
2019-09-30, 04:56 AM
Can I invest in both my passion and a passion veil provided I have the essense? For example an akashic race at level 1 has 2 eseense, could I invest in my veil and my passion and pseudo break the essence cap?

How does that interact with enhanced capacity? I know I cannot use it on my passion, but could I use it on my veil, and provided I had 3 or more essence, do 2 in my veil thanks to enhanced capacity one in my passion and have 3 effectively in that one veil?

Quarian Rex
2019-09-30, 01:13 PM
From the Passions section of the Daevic (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/daevic) class...

Because of the unusual nature of these veils, they cannot benefit from veil-specific feats or effects like Enhanced Capacity or akashic catalysts (though they can still be bound as normal).

So, nope. You are getting a pretty massive efficiency boost from the Passion mechanic as is, so no boosting it further.

Efrate
2019-09-30, 04:12 PM
That does not answer my question exactly. I know I cannot boost my passion capacity, but can I invest essence in BOTH passion which pseudo fills my veils and individual veils?

Ssalarn
2019-09-30, 08:07 PM
No. As Quarian Rex noted with their quoted text, none of the Passion veils can benefit from effects like Enhanced Capacity or akashic catalysts; that is a restriction specifically of the veils.

The veils also cannot be invested separately from your Passion-

These veils are actually the partially formed physical body of the possessing daeva and vary from standard veils; instead of investing essence into the veils the daevic invests it directly into her bond with her daeva, and the daeva augments and disperses it to those veils for her.

You lose the option to invest them separately in exchange for the increased efficiency granted by the Passion.

Essentially, the only way to invest essence in a Passion veil is to invest it in your Passion.

Efrate
2019-10-02, 04:04 PM
One more, the attack granted by armbands of the elephant, is that it's own seperate attack, or an addition to your normal melee attack?

NomGarret
2019-10-02, 10:40 PM
It specifically says it is a free action, so I would say it is a distinct attack.

Ssalarn
2019-10-03, 10:14 AM
It specifically says it is a free action, so I would say it is a distinct attack.

Correct. It is its own distinct attack.