PDA

View Full Version : What super power would you pick

StickMan
2007-10-15, 07:02 PM
If you could have any one superpower in the world what would it be and why?

Now do me a favor and actually think about what having that power would mean to you and what you can do with it in the world. Don't just go mind control "cause then I own you all" I would actually like to know what people think. Unless of course you actually want to be the world dictator then feel free to say mind control cause I want to make sure to never elect you to office.

dwagiebard
2007-10-15, 07:03 PM
The power to split minds.

No, I'm not going to explain it.

Brickwall
2007-10-15, 07:04 PM
Total invulnerability.

Obviously.

Jack Squat
2007-10-15, 07:05 PM
the ability to be extremely proficient at any instrument I pick up. Not the most useful, but it'd be pretty sweet to be able to do.

Gaelbert
2007-10-15, 07:05 PM
I would go for teleportation. Your travel expenses would drop incredibly, you could fly by teleporting yourself through the air, all sorts of fun stuff.

Cyrano
2007-10-15, 07:06 PM
Utter Omnipotence. What? The Living Tribunal was a superhero. Kinda.
Fine, honest answer? I thought about mind control, super speed, amazing strength, etc, but really Ima go with flight.
Because, honestly, we'd all love to fly without our insides being bashed in.

Lord_Gareth
2007-10-15, 07:21 PM
Minor psychocreation - the ability to create and manipulate small bits of matter, such as how the one girl in X-Men Three was writing notes by passing her hand over the page. Incredibly useful and devastatingly subtle - plus, fun ^_^

Green Bean
2007-10-15, 07:25 PM
True shapeshifting, because of all of the utility tricks you can pull off. Cut yourself? Shift it closed. Fridge out of reach? Shift a longer arm. Locked door? Shift yourself through the keyhole. Need money? Two words; celebrity endorsements. :smallbiggrin:

PhallicWarrior
2007-10-15, 07:37 PM
Super-Strength. I'd dominate the UFC. All it takes is one good hit and BOOM! Lights out.

Catch
2007-10-15, 07:41 PM
Intangibility. It's far more useful than you'd think.

I mean there's your standard fare like walking through walls, ignoring hails of gunfire, and never having to open anything. That's pittance, though as the applications of intangibility aren't just limited to moving through things. You could perform perfect surgery and never make a single cut. You could empty any vault, escape any prison. You could could steal someone's wallet, knickers or take the bones right out of their arm.

Crafty, precise, versatile and potentially lethal. Superman is a chump.

Volug
2007-10-15, 07:42 PM

I don't need them!:smallbiggrin:

Samiam303
2007-10-15, 07:47 PM
I would go for teleportation. Your travel expenses would drop incredibly, you could fly by teleporting yourself through the air, all sorts of fun stuff.

I'm gonna second this motion. Of all the things I think would make me really happier in life, teleportation would make a damn lot of things easier.

ArlEammon
2007-10-15, 08:03 PM
The ability to command the forces of the universe on the scale of The Source, from DC comics.

rubakhin
2007-10-15, 08:12 PM
I want teleportation, too. Then I could go back home to Russia whenever I wanted. And see all of those places that are hard to get into, like Chechnya ... I could even visit all the art museums in the world and see John Neumeier's ballets in Hamburg. Plus, money wouldn't be a problem, because one could become a great thief. Teleport into bank vaults, even.

Most importantly, though, I'd be able to see my lover. We live so far apart that it's almost impossible to see one another now that his family wants to keep him away from me. Bah.

StickMan
2007-10-15, 08:16 PM
If I could have any super power, I would want to have Healing powers. See now that to me is a great power. Sure most super heroes can stop the bad guys but what about when the bad guys hurt people before they get there? Just drop me off in one of the many modern day genocides or war zones and I'll save as many lives as I can.

DraPrime
2007-10-15, 08:22 PM
The ability to summon fire by playing a mindblowing guitar solo. Now that would be awesome for fighting, and for any rock concert.

wojonatior
2007-10-15, 08:24 PM
i would say psychokiniesis
from wikipedia
Types of abilities - classification

Psychokinesis is the umbrella term under which are various related specialized abilities. These specialities include:
Movement of matter .
Object deformation (including metal softening and bending).
Influencing events.
Biological healing.
Teleportation (disappearing and reappearing elsewhere).
Phasing through matter.
Transmutation of matter.
Shape-shifting.
Energy shield (force field).
Control of magnetism.
Control of photons (light waves/particles).
Thoughtform projection (a physically perceived person, animal, creature, object, ghostly entity, etc., created in the mind and projected into three-dimensional space and observable by others).

de-trick
2007-10-15, 08:47 PM
my superpower would be shaping, into animals and morphing body parts. Need to run away quick turn into a cheetah, get into a fight turn into a grizzly, need to reach the top jar turn into a giraffe, then general morphing like stretching my arms out or turning my hand into a sledge hammer to serve a ball in volleyball

Thrivol
2007-10-15, 08:54 PM
Mind control/telepathy. Telepathy because I am paranoid, and want to know what people think of me. Mind control, so I can change what they think of me.:xykon:

Vespe Ratavo
2007-10-15, 09:05 PM
The powers to create portals of various sizes and shapes that can connect to each other.
It's better than teleportation because:

1: It's very showy.
2: You can send part of yourself through instead of all of yourself (like, say, to have your head sticking out of a wall :smalltongue: )
3: Infinite falling.
4: I can send other people and stuff with me.
5: All sorts of abusing the laws of physics.

Now you're thinking with portals. :smallamused:

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-15, 09:13 PM
The following abilities:

Energy Control & Manipulation. This would include such things as gravity, kinetic force, etc. Derivative powers would include flight, the ability to throw energy blasts, invisibility, (Light is energy, so I could fold it around myself) superspeed, (Accelerate my own kinetic force) the ability to slow the environment around me, (Again, kinetic force) and the ability to accelerate my own healing, to the point of literally bringing myself back from the brink of death.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-15, 09:20 PM
Shapeshifting. The possibilities are endless.

DivineBriliance
2007-10-15, 09:22 PM
Thats easy i would pick Telekinesis but not the average you need to make a Concentration check to use it i mean REAL Telekinesis were you can move things at the speed of light with barely thinking, move suns, the like. Say get in a box, move said box to your destination you got flying. Chuck things at your opponents at enormous speeds, move mountains out of your way you got super strength. Dislike someone but not to the point were you would actually hurt kill them? No problem, see how they feel like being dropped from hundreds of feet. And even simple meaningless tasks like carrying school books, always winning at dart contests, Supreme Multitasking, Supreme Juggling.
But on a more serious note Save the world! Oh no! The earth is getting warmer from Political "Global warming" move the earth farther away from the sun just a bit.

Though i think portals would almost do the same thing and be cool too.:smallsmile: Though it would be hard without being fast and everything else being slow, to have portals do almost the same as telekinesis.
Dang, i wish i had portal! :smallfrown:

Lemur
2007-10-15, 10:42 PM
Another shapeshifter here.

SurlySeraph
2007-10-15, 10:54 PM
Telekinesis. You don't have to get up to move things, you can pelt people with objects even if you have terrible aim, you can perform surgery without blades (I cite Sylar from Heroes as precedent), and you can fly without actual flight powers by psychically picking yourself up. Oh, and you can do the stopping-bullets-in-midair thing, which would be worth doing just to see the reaction on people's faces.

If one power that can do everything is too cheap, then I'd go with hyperfast reflexes. Dodge anything, win fights easily, catch anything, etc.

Skippy
2007-10-15, 10:56 PM
The ability to bend at my will the space/time continuum.

I rulez

2007-10-15, 11:05 PM
The ability to touch a book and know all of its knowledge instantly and permanently.

Or to be able to burn said book and in exhange be able to summon characters from that book to do my bidding as long as there was book to burn.

So I snatch a book on martial arts and know all of them, and then grab Real Ultimate Power and burn it to summon an army on ninjas!

Rogue 7
2007-10-15, 11:12 PM
Summoning flames, much like a firebender from Avatar. Only these flames, when blasted out behind me, let me fly. Utterly badass.

Leper_Kahn
2007-10-15, 11:41 PM
I would choose lack of need for outside sources for homeostasis. (I know it is a bad sentence, but without that phrasing it would have to be three powers.)

E.G. Cold/warm isn't a problem. Don't need to eat. Don't need to drink water. Etc.

This one is a close second. Not just for travel expenses. I think it'd just be so much fun.

Soups
2007-10-15, 11:41 PM
The ability to be good at things I choose to be good at. I wouldn't care if it took me longer or the same amount of time. It would be nice to be good at something.

Semidi
2007-10-15, 11:52 PM
Necromany.

Both the D&D understanding and the more classical version. How cool would it be to be able to talk with dead people, to hell with their eternal rest! I want to pick Plato's brain... Literally. (muhahaha!)

Stormbright
2007-10-15, 11:59 PM
Pre-cognitiion:the ability to know the results of actions taken before actually taking them.
Then I'd have money based on gambling. That alone would be worth a lot, but then I could also decide who to associate with (will this person betray me in the future?) Should I go out today or stay home (avoid accidents, etc). I think I could safely live my life without much fear of whether or not I'm doing the right thing, because I'd almost always know what the right thing was, or at least, have assurance that I always chose the action that worked out for the best. I'd never have to second-guess myself.

reorith
2007-10-16, 12:05 AM
the ability to alter radiation and magnetism. how cool would that be to just shut down chunks of the grid or cause someones trendy new electronic accessory to just malfunction.

"check out my new phone"
ziiiiiiiiip
dropped call

"check out my new iwhatever!"
brrrrrrr
blow to apple's credibility

"check out my new pacemaker!"
errrrrrr

Orzel
2007-10-16, 12:11 AM
True mental and physical shape changing. The ability to be and think like anything or anyone I can think of.

If there is a 0% chance of supervilliany, then the ability of know all languages and and use all forms of communication (musical, animals, secret codes).

Icewalker
2007-10-16, 12:25 AM
No question. I've thought of this often actually.

Save states. A sort of time manipulation.

At any moment, I can just save everything as it is. Then at any future time, I can load it from that moment (best case, I could keep stuff like exercise muscle build, memory, but not age). Not only one saved at a time either.

It would basically let you do anything. Another addition I'd prefer would be to take one object with me, for example my computer with all it's files, so I can do a years worth of research in a day by resetting it 365 times. Etc.

Second to that, I'd go with insane speed/thought processing speed. If you've seen the episode of Stargate SG-1 where they get the armbands that do exactly that, you know what I mean.

gooddragon1
2007-10-16, 12:41 AM
Absolute Mastery of Flesh.

And here's why:
I control every cell in my body and think with their combined abilities and continually increasing my intelligence. I can steal the abilities of others or create my own as long as I can understand them (which isn't hard with a insanely high IQ). I cannot die of any biological causes or anything I can understand enough to prevent. I can be as rich as I want or not even need money through manipulation of objects based on touch or other means which I derive from powers I have with my IQ. I can communicate with my flesh across any distance instantaneously and retain an infinite amount of information. I can get freaky with anyone I've ever had physical contact with their DNA. Absolute Mastery of Flesh: It's every power you want to have.

FoE
2007-10-16, 12:48 AM
I control every cell in my body and think with their combined abilities and continually increasing my intelligence. I can steal the abilities of others or create my own as long as I can understand them (which isn't hard with a insanely high IQ). I cannot die of any biological causes or anything I can understand enough to prevent. I can be as rich as I want or not even need money through manipulation of objects based on touch or other means which I derive from powers I have with my IQ. I can communicate with my flesh across any distance instantaneously and retain an infinite amount of information. I can get freaky with anyone I've ever had physical contact with their DNA.

I think what you have there is "trying to have your cake and eat it too."

Me, I'd like to have three powers:
1) Flight
2) Superstrength
3) Retractable claws

Basically, I wish I was my avatar. :smallamused:

gooddragon1
2007-10-16, 12:52 AM
I think what you have there is "trying to have your cake and eat it too."

Me, I'd like to have three powers:
1) Flight
2) Superstrength
3) Retractable claws

Basically, I wish I was my avatar. :smallamused:

... but I could have a cake, and eat it as well... then make another from a pile of dog cr*p and say "aw this tastes like cr*p". That psychokinesis stuff is just what manipulation of energy can do, but in its defense, it has the potential to do what I described, however it all depends on the intelligence of the user.

BTW: To stop stuff like this say-> What low power superpower would you wish to have. In which case I'd say the ability to slow and reverse time as well as the effects of time (not stopping time as that would be overpowered). I would do better on my tests, learn more, never die of old age... stuff like that.

Fiery Justice
2007-10-16, 12:59 AM
If I could have any super power, I would want to have Healing powers. See now that to me is a great power. Sure most super heroes can stop the bad guys but what about when the bad guys hurt people before they get there? Just drop me off in one of the many modern day genocides or war zones and I'll save as many lives as I can.

Ditto. *mumbles about being beaten to it* But honestly, yeah, I agree. Healing, even if it is the most reactive power on earth, is worth it. Take me to every person with AIDs, I'll cure it free of charge, without being named or taped or recognized. Heck, give me healing and a good old fashioned mask and I can walk into a hospital and save dozens of lives. I'm sure I could get a good government grant and go and cure a butt-load of sicknesses and injuries. Think about it, I could cure any disease or heal any wound? Wouldn't that be the best thing I could ask for.

Rogue 7
2007-10-16, 01:00 AM
Pre-cognitiion:the ability to know the results of actions taken before actually taking them.
Then I'd have money based on gambling. That alone would be worth a lot, but then I could also decide who to associate with (will this person betray me in the future?) Should I go out today or stay home (avoid accidents, etc). I think I could safely live my life without much fear of whether or not I'm doing the right thing, because I'd almost always know what the right thing was, or at least, have assurance that I always chose the action that worked out for the best. I'd never have to second-guess myself.
Boooorrrrinnggggg!!:smallwink:

Vaynor
2007-10-16, 01:08 AM
The ability to alter or physically change the properties of machines and tools, and everything electronic. Included in this is the ability to talk to computers. So, I could turn a car into a fighting robot, and have it shoot at my enemies. In a more broad sense, turn a gun into a weapon that fires mini nuclear warheads, the possibilities are endless. Like a helmet that would let me read minds, etc. I'd be the bestest cyborg ever.

Nibleswick
2007-10-16, 01:09 AM
I would want the ability to create any item that I have ever seen, heard about, or imagined, I wouldn't even have to know how it works. You could do all sorts of things with that.

Stormbright
2007-10-16, 01:38 AM
Boooorrrrinnggggg!!:smallwink:

Perhaps. However, I followed the OP's request to really think about it, and truthfully, all I really want at the end of any day is a good night's sleep. I want my family provided for, and I want to know that when it's all said and done, I've done the best I can. Besides, even on a comic-book scale, pre-cognition would include the ability not to get shot, which is a definate relief.

FoE
2007-10-16, 01:51 AM
Precognition is a great ability, although it's generally depicted as a burden on the user.

I think what we should also be asking is: what price would you have to pay for having powers? For example, if you had the ability to read minds, to what extent would you be able to shut out the thoughts of others? Would you be willing to accept a permanent change in appearance to facilitate shapeshifting, ie. Changeling or Mystique? What if telekinesis was influenced by emotions (like "Raven" off the Teen Titans cartoon) and you therefore had to exert tremendous control to keep from murdering half the people you see? And what if you had the ability to time travel, but were unable to influence events without tearing apart the space/time continium?

Ceska
2007-10-16, 01:55 AM
The UK. While not the complete dominant force it once was, it still has quite some importance in world politics without being overly strong, the perfect mix, a power between great and mediocre.

Sadly it's not 1918 anymore when the Soviet Union still was promising.

Oh, personal powers? Read minds at will I guess.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-16, 02:54 AM
Full Psychokinesis. Both the moving-objects part and the influence-random-outcomes part. That way, I'd be able to influence the results on gambling machines and perform cool juggling tricks without moving. Simultaneously.

Tempest Fennac
2007-10-16, 02:55 AM
The ability to use Heal and Regenerate at will would be my first choice, closely followed by controllable lycanthropy.

Vella_Malachite
2007-10-16, 04:23 AM
Ok, this is going to sound quite weird, but I would have to say the ability to control things with my emotions. Like, if I get really happy about something, the ground sprouts flowers or something. If I get mad, things break. I'd not have any solid control, except minor control of subject, like a widow breaking or a pencil being rent in twain rather than someone's head being crushed. Like Face Of Evil said, what price? Well, mine's in the power description. Only limited control. These are emotions we're talking about.

Coming in at close second and third are:
Telepathy and
To be half bat. Not like batman, but the wings and the sonar vision would be cool. And I may even agree to give up normal sight for sonar.

Tempest Fennac
2007-10-16, 05:20 AM
I didn't notice Face of Evil's question when I posted. I wouldn't want to absorb other people's injuries or afflictions when healing them unless I can somehow nullify them, and I would want control over whether I mental-shifted as well when using lycanthropy (it would be awkward to think like a wolf a lot of the time).

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-16, 08:11 AM
Probability manipulation.

Reasons:
1) "whats the probability that you're going to just drop dead?"
2) "whats the probability that I'm going to move faster than that Bullet?"
3) "whats the probability that I'm going to punch a Hole in this wall?"
4) "whats the probability that I can defeat you in a fist fight?"
5) "whats the probability of me not dying? EVER."

Skippy
2007-10-16, 08:15 AM
The ability to use Heal and Regenerate at will would be my first choice, closely followed by controllable lycanthropy.

OMG a Werewolf!!! *Point at Tempest Fennac* :smallbiggrin:

I still think that the ability to alter the time/space continuum would be a perfect choice. Nothing would ever be against my will. At least not in this universe. Teleportation, time travel, being able to create paradoxes here and there, at my will, even avoiding other people having powers that would endanger my own... :smallamused:

Setra
2007-10-16, 08:16 AM
Reality Manipulation.

It's like every power and then some!

StickMan
2007-10-16, 08:22 AM
i would say psychokiniesis
from wikipedia
Types of abilities - classification

Psychokinesis is the umbrella term under which are various related specialized abilities. These specialities include:
Movement of matter .
Object deformation (including metal softening and bending).
Influencing events.
Biological healing.
Teleportation (disappearing and reappearing elsewhere).
Phasing through matter.
Transmutation of matter.
Shape-shifting.
Energy shield (force field).
Control of magnetism.
Control of photons (light waves/particles).
Thoughtform projection (a physically perceived person, animal, creature, object, ghostly entity, etc., created in the mind and projected into three-dimensional space and observable by others).

OK now that is just cheating.

Castaras
2007-10-16, 08:24 AM
Unlimited Teleportation.

Then I'd be able to: Go anywhere I like, see people who I can't at the moment meet, and wake up later on school days, because I can just get ready a few minutes before school starts and Wheeee! teleport over.

Plus, it's very difficult for me to hurt someone with Teleportation. I can get pretty darn angry sometimes.

Wiseman
2007-10-16, 08:58 AM
EMMM. i like be an archivis... yea 20 lvl's of archivist :3... wait a minute... i have 20 lvl's of archivist.... :smallamused: die little mortal's die muajajajajajaja

OverdrivePrime
2007-10-16, 09:27 AM
I'm very tempted to go with perfect fluency in all methods of communication. I could be the ultimate diplomat, programmer, naturalist, lover, bard, and still rock the house on the SETI project.

On the other hand, I'm also really tempted by the idea of having the Silver Surfer's allotted dollop of the Power Cosmic. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Surfer#Powers_and_abilities) Alter molecular structures (goodbye pollution, goodbye global warming, goodbye poisoned water supplies and goodbye hunger and poverty!) *and* the ability to explore the universe? Yes Please!

AslanCross
2007-10-16, 09:29 AM
Flight and pyrokinesis.

Voidhawk
2007-10-16, 10:14 AM
I'd have to go with the ability to control time, speeding it up, slowing it down, stopping and reversing it.
In a fight? Pause time and strap explosives with a 0 second fuse to the enemy.
Need cash? Waltz into a frozen bank and take it right out of the vault.

Or for good, spend your entire life working out how to alter the timestream so the humn race survives and florishes, then write down the solution and travel back and give it to yourself so you havn't wasted anything!

Also on happy note, most modern interpetations of time travel show that so called paradoxs can't occur, and you wouldn't be able to 'break history'

starwoof
2007-10-16, 10:54 AM
100% correctness. If I'm wrong then the universe shifts itself to my perceptions. I have to tell you... there would be a lot more cowboys riding bionic t-rexes.

And barring that... super speed.

LesterLester
2007-10-16, 11:01 AM
hmmm...good old psychokinesis(in the sense of moving stuff by will, also my own body(w00t, I already can do that, the first step is done^^), meaning i can fly or let stuff fly...hmm...or I can break people's patella, so they have to bow down before me:smallcool:
As already mentioned, there's loads of things you can do with that.

But my number 2 would be earthbending in a mixture of Avatar-style and this earth-controlling girl in teen titans(i admit it, i like this series), who can fly by standing on some rock, but i also include all things connected to the element of earth(in western way earth, stone, metall, diamonds and all that, woheee!!!)

Indon
2007-10-16, 11:13 AM
The power to never die (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Immortal).

Yeah, you heard me. I chose a GLA hero's power. What? (I'm assuming the power doesn't come with all the 'Satan kills all your friends and mocks you' portion, though no doubt they'd die of age)

It would allow me to pursue self-improvement and become more than I could ever be with most super powers (which mostly just make you awesome at _one_ thing).

thubby
2007-10-16, 01:31 PM
i would want to be able to do what the second terminator does, being bullet proof, able to change shape, looking all shiny:smallbiggrin:. oh ya

webgem
2007-10-16, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't mind a superpower like the druid gets, being able to be at peak physical condition until death? No overly neet, but that way you get to have a full life and not get slowed down by old age.

JellyPooga
2007-10-16, 02:57 PM
Another one for Telekinesis here... it's the lazy mans super power (never leave your armchair again with new improved telekinetic powers!)....and just think of the fun you could have by poking people from a hundred yards and doing poltergeist impressions :smallbiggrin:

ray53208
2007-10-16, 03:00 PM
omniscience.

"...the capacity to know everything infinitely, or at least everything that can be known about a character including thoughts, feelings, life and the universe, etc."

using my knowledge i would know how to know what you are thinking, what will happen tomorrow, how to travel through time, how to teleport, how to manipulate matter and energy... basically, i would become omnipotent.

Ichneumon
2007-10-16, 03:01 PM
I would like to turn myself into a liquid. A bit like Hydroman (from Spiderman), but than without the mass water control, just my own cells are effected and it is water, just a strange living liquid.

Being able to transform into a watery substance, he can access secure areas and small openings with relative ease and when his bodily mass is dispersed in this form it simply reforms, albeit slowly depending on how far apart the mass was. All of his cells remain fully under his control even when he is in his liquid state, as his consciousness apparently resides in every cell in his body. He can turn parts of his body to liquid while retaining the rest of his human form, allowing him to slip from a foe's grasp or have projectiles like bullets harmlessly pass through him.

thubby
2007-10-16, 03:04 PM
omniscience.

"...the capacity to know everything infinitely, or at least everything that can be known about a character including thoughts, feelings, life and the universe, etc."

using my knowledge i would know how to know what you are thinking, what will happen tomorrow, how to travel through time, how to teleport, how to manipulate matter and energy... basically, i would become omnipotent.

"the capacity to know" is what would get you i think. that doesn't mean you just automatically know it all. it means your capable of learning it all.
i get way too much practice screwing up overpowered wishes :smallamused:

GoC
2007-10-16, 04:01 PM
I's pick a sweet Astral Projection varient.

Astral projection that discorporates my body (and say 100Kg of other things, including people) and travels with me as I wander around. I could then recreate my body (and other objects) whenever desired. I would also instinctively be able to home in on people I have an important connection with (parent, sibling, lover, ect.).

When in astral form I could travel at any velocity and shrink/grow to any size (though I'd reappear at my normal size).

Why:
- Travel. I can travel anywhere almost instantly and in complete comfort.
- Knowledge. Able to see what people say about me and know the truth about what goes on in the murky world of politics and international relatons.
- Exploration. I could explore the galaxy or find out certain molecules react and how DNA forms.
- Giving others a good time. There's probably nothing as pretty as watching a supernova up close (and due to the fact you can move at faster than light speed you could watch the entire 1 year long supernova in ten minutes!).

If that isn't possible then I'd go with Icewalker's "Save State" idea.

PsyBlade
2007-10-16, 04:17 PM
To gain any and all knowledge someone possesses that I don't have simply by coming into physical contact (need not be skin-to-skin, through clothes is good enough) with that person. Eventually I would possess sufficient knowledge to gain control of a nice company, then maybe a country. From there I'd be getting more and more knowledge. Hopefully I would gain enough to learn the secret to eternal youth. Immortal bites if you ask me, there will come a time when it will just bring you suffering.

Lemur
2007-10-16, 04:17 PM
I think knowing all the information on the Internet, and being able to enter and interact with technology at the speed of thought would be more interesting than normal omniscience. That'd be my next choice after shapeshifting.

Of course, being such a "freakazoid" would understandably drive you insane, but what the hey.

The Great Skenardo
2007-10-16, 06:18 PM
Advanced Learner. By observing or performing a particular technique of doing something or a concept explained, I would grasp and retain the knowledge.
In this fashion, you can have the satisfaction of learning and knowing that you'll know it forever, if you want.

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2007-10-16, 06:26 PM
The ability to create/destroy anything I imagine. This gives me a whole range of inherent powers. These are the ones I'd use most:

Flight: By creating kinetic energy, and destroying frictional heat.

Instant Regeneration: By creating new cells.

Bulletproof: By creating a shield of kinetic force.

Wrath of Me: Summon a jet of white flame from the heavens.

Et Cetera.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-16, 06:32 PM
I think knowing all the information on the Internet,

Either your head will explode or you will kill yourself....

SurlySeraph
2007-10-16, 07:03 PM
Unlimited Teleportation.

Then I'd be able to: Go anywhere I like, see people who I can't at the moment meet, and wake up later on school days, because I can just get ready a few minutes before school starts and Wheeee! teleport over.

Plus, it's very difficult for me to hurt someone with Teleportation. I can get pretty darn angry sometimes.

No, it's easy to hurt people with teleportation. Just move their kidneys three feet to the left.

Cyrano
2007-10-16, 07:07 PM
I'm going to change my answer to be a Dalek.
Why?
Besides answering all my history teachers questions easily ("Pour quels raisons les autochtones sont exploite par les europeens?" "EX-TER-MIN-ATE") I get death lazers, death plungers, near invincibility, a zoom ability, you can freaking fly, and you can download the entire internet. In seconds. No adverse effects.
Oh, and if 5 million Cybermen show up...WE WOULD DE-STROY THEM WITH ONE DA-LEK

Illiterate Scribe
2007-10-16, 07:15 PM

And when you gaze long into 4chan, 4chan gazes also into you.

Anyway, I think I said the same on a similar thread, but a Sarukkh's manipulate form.

Da Beast
2007-10-16, 07:25 PM
I'd go with all the stuff that traditionally falls under the blanket term of psychic powers.

Or for something that more closely follows the spirit of the topic, either true regeneration or teleportation. With regeneration I could all sorts of things I can't do now, live for ever, and best of all walk away from any injury. Teleportation would not only be extremely convenient but would also be a great moneymaker.

Leliel
2007-10-16, 08:05 PM
Me, I'd chose the ability to manifest bits of people's subconcius mind as self-willed entities under my control, with abilities and apprences based on the particular aspect being manifested. With that, I get:

The ability to avoid traffic: Jammed? I just summon My Want To Get Where I'm Going and have him get me across it.

Psychological counciling: It's a lot easier to belive you're a good person when I can actually show you your good qualities.

The ability to really freak people out: Silent Hill-and-Freud-themed haunted house, anyone?

Minimal risk factor when fighting bad guys: Plus, you gotta love the irony of a villian fighting a bit of himself.

Besides that, I would take controllable lycanthropy, volutary intangibility, teleportation, or telekinesis. Failing those, pyrokinesis.

Zeful
2007-10-16, 08:10 PM
Me, I'd want precognition. I can pick up anything and already have years of practice with it as I've been looking into the future and learning it that way. Also, I'm unstopable. As in I can see my own demise and prevent it, often with a .50 claiber sniper rifle.

Nasrudith
2007-10-16, 10:14 PM
The ability to create and enter a pocket world with total control over it and myself within it (essentially a god) due to the degree of control I have and the ability to enter and leave it when I wish with no time elapsing when I return.

Lemur
2007-10-16, 10:34 PM

Actually, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni1uzkih3HA&mode=related&search=) is what happens. What were you doing in the 90's that was more important than watching cartoons, anyway?

thubby
2007-10-16, 10:38 PM
The ability to create and enter a pocket world with total control over it and myself within it (essentially a god) due to the degree of control I have and the ability to enter and leave it when I wish with no time elapsing when I return.

with that power, you could basically be whatever you want in this world. want blue hair, go to your reality, make it blue, come back.
is it too late to change mine?

LordOfNarf
2007-10-16, 10:58 PM
I would choose super fine control telekenisis. since Chemistry, biology, everyting really is just emergent from physics, control of physical properties would let you do practically everything else. Mind control (control the neurochemicals) nuclear power, super strenght, the possibilities are really limitless.

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-17, 12:54 AM
My power still sounds like the best. :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Ghastly Epigram
2007-10-17, 01:40 AM
My power still sounds like the best. :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Yeah, when I saw it I pretty much assumed the thread was over. :smalltongue:

*Picks Probability Manipulation too, then wonders what would happen if two people with this power ever met each other.* :smallamused:

AtomicKitKat
2007-10-17, 10:00 AM
Shapechanging+self-duplication. New meaning to playing with yourself.:smallwink:

Setra
2007-10-17, 10:10 AM
Why not just choose the power I chose?

Reality Manipulation.

Don't like spiders? Bam! Spiders are now cute and cuddly and still serve the same purpose in the ecosystem.

Want catgirls? Bam! All girls are suddenly catgirls.

Want to be Dictator of the earth and stop all crime? Bam!

It's essentially Omnipotence.

Solo
2007-10-17, 10:13 AM
Want catgirls? Bam! All girls are suddenly catgirls.

But they would all die instantaniously the next time a "Star Trek vs X" thread sprang up on the forums.

Setra
2007-10-17, 11:22 AM
But they would all die instantaniously the next time a "Star Trek vs X" thread sprang up on the forums.

What Star Trek? :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Better yet, catgirls don't die.

Instead, Neo Nazi's do.

Da Beast
2007-10-17, 12:10 PM
Shapechanging+self-duplication. New meaning to playing with yourself.:smallwink:

I'm not sure if that's awesome or a whole new level of messed up. Kudos either way.

AmberVael
2007-10-17, 12:13 PM
True shapeshifting, because of all of the utility tricks you can pull off. Cut yourself? Shift it closed. Fridge out of reach? Shift a longer arm. Locked door? Shift yourself through the keyhole. Need money? Two words; celebrity endorsements. :smallbiggrin:

Seconded!
Not to mention- has anyone thought of this?
If you COULD shapechange yourself that well, you can do other things like, say, be immortal. What? You saying I can't shift to a younger form? Didn't think so. Nothing prevents me from staying in it.

wxdruid
2007-10-17, 12:16 PM
I choose weather control....

Reinboom
2007-10-17, 12:26 PM
I have thought about shapeshifting a lot. I have also provided a lot of thought into endless production of my own personal form into new and creative ways - with a hive mind effect. Sort of like a cross of shapeshifting, mass copies of my self to get things done, and the overmind...

Having thought of a true singular ability however, I will have to expand on the shapeshifting - the power to be able to modify the structure (perhaps not a full blown shapeshift, I'm more concerned on the micro, injury, mental, etc. level) -and the ability to understand perfectly how to- of any person. That is to say, I could live forever by denying DNA deterioration. More importantly though would be the use I would have for the world - being able to cure cancer, aids, common flus and diseases, gun wounds...
Assist people with their birth deficiencies, mental focuses, perform SRS perfectly to those in need, etc. etc. etc.

No matter any power, I would feel too guilty having it for just myself if it was so personally contributive. :smallfrown:

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-17, 12:42 PM
Manipulating time.

Obviously, it's the most usefull power there is. You can keep yourself young forever! You can win the lottery each day (just check the winning numbers and rewind!)! Whenever you make a mistake, you just do it again, but right this time!
Yes, life sure would be easier...

MostlyHarmless
2007-10-17, 12:45 PM
Wow, SweetRain, you already have the power to induce guilt. :smalleek:

Still, I'm gonna go with powers I apply to myself so...nyah. Time stop, all the way. Except it's greatly hampered without something like fly, time/space travel or teleport to get you around while everybody and everything is frozen. The BEST part of it though is that I could stop the world while I nap for 23 hours, waking up refreshed and ready to fight crime.

EDIT: ooh ^ simu-posted! Time manip would be better if it meant stop/reverse, and all that.

Solo
2007-10-17, 12:47 PM
What Star Trek? :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Better yet, catgirls don't die.

Instead, Neo Nazi's do.

If you ever get your powers, can I ask you to turn a few girls I know into catgirls?

The Great Skenardo
2007-10-17, 12:52 PM
Here would be a nifty power: Being able to fix anything by hitting it with a peen hammer. Toaster's jammed (*rim shot*)? hit it with a hammer and you're back in toast-business. The computer mainframe down? Hit the server with a hammer, and watch those interwebs start sending again. Broke a bone? Tap the arm with a hammer and you're good to fall off of buildings some more.

evisiron
2007-10-17, 01:24 PM
Super speed or teleportation.

So much time is wasted in transport during your life. Super speed would be better for combat and such (as long as I had the reflexes to match), but with teleportation, I could visit the world, do stuff I wanted, and help people. Being able to instantly transport food and medicine to where its needed would be a great help to any relief effort.

Setra
2007-10-17, 07:49 PM
If you ever get your powers, can I ask you to turn a few girls I know into catgirls?
Chances are they'd all either be catgirls, or bunnygirls.

Also, expect Mecha to be invented very soon after I get my powers.

Arakune
2007-10-17, 08:52 PM
Stop time (with the neat add on that I can interact with the surroundings and can destroy it if I use power enough) and a very powerful psychic form of my true self.

Wait, someone already though of that. Damn!.

Kriel
2007-10-17, 09:54 PM
The ability to control air. Think of the possibilities. I could generate lift from air currents like Storm, giving me the ability to fly. I could stop hurricanes from ever making landfall. I could make that omnipresent wind that makes superheroes' capes lightly dance whenever they make a heroic pose. That's just off the top of my head.

PhallicWarrior
2007-10-17, 10:49 PM
Oh please no, not wind control!

*rocks back and forth with bad memories from RPing past*

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-18, 12:30 AM
Oh please no, not wind control!

"whats the Chance that your power will not work?"

"100% chance."

Probability Manipulation, its made of win.

Vuzzmop
2007-10-18, 12:31 AM
Everything to do with Hiro Nakamura. Nuff said.

Lykan
2007-10-18, 12:39 AM
I'd shapeshift.

It's just so awesome, and so very useful.

Rockphed
2007-10-18, 01:56 AM
I have always wanted The Human Torch's power set. If I had to pick one, it would be the invulnerability to flame/self immolation. How would it not be fun to catch on fire whenever I want. Only problem is the tendency of clothing to combust.

Destro_Yersul
2007-10-18, 02:09 AM
Telekinesis.

Not limited either. Full fledged Telekinesis.

Why? I'm rather lazy. Sit around all the time and whatnot. Now sometimes I'm sitting on the couch, watching TV or playing Xbox, and people want me to turn the sound down. But the remote is next to the TV, so either way I have to stand up to do this. I'd much rather just summon the remote from where I'm sitting.

Also, I have to do a lot of cleaning where I work. I clean walls, chairs, floors, whatever. If it needs cleaning, I have to clean it. Mentally separating the dirt from the dirty and transferring it to a bucket would be a heck of a lot easier than manual scrubbing.

Plus, if anyone ever attacked me, I could fling them across the room without lifting a finger.

Charity
2007-10-18, 02:31 AM
I think I'd have to go for China, you know the history and the population edge sways it for me.

Tom_Violence
2007-10-18, 05:15 AM
I think I'd have to go for China, you know the history and the population edge sways it for me.

Damn you man! I came all this way to make pretty much that exact joke, and now you've gone and ruined it.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait a fortnight or so for another one of these threads to pop up. :smalltongue: Seriously, there really should be an archive of these things, because its getting to the stage where people must not need to even ask anymore.

Charity
2007-10-18, 08:40 AM
We could just set up a drop down menu for thread title when you start a new one... multiple choice thread names... we could save loads of time...
*looks at the frayed and tattered edges of the thread unravelling around him*

Oops.. Er I'd like total mental dominion over all creatures... then I could get someone else to do all this typing.

Serpentine
2007-10-18, 08:53 AM
I've been reading too much of Superdickery. I keep reading this thread as "What super power would you prick" >.<
Oh, for the record, turning into animals. Manipulation of my own body of this type (e.g. I'd like to make wings on my back. I know they wouldn't work, and technically I'd have two sets of the same limbs, but that's okay. It looks cool, and I could manipulate my body that way). Also communication with animals, and/or empathy with them...

Trog
2007-10-18, 09:03 AM
I keep reading this thread as "What super power would you prick"

Super-girl. Or... hmmm... well Trog'd say Shadowcat cuz she's attractive and all and a bit more normal for a super power. But then there's that whole phasing thing which just loses her points in this area.

*sips DLB*

Truestrike
2007-10-18, 10:43 AM
I would choose the ULTIMATE POWER EVER!!!!!! Cartoon Physics There is no limit to my abilities. Pull a door out of my back pocket and walk through a wall then open it back up and Boom its just a wall. Walk off a cliff and not fall. and i could be hit by everything and never Die. There is no limit to the possibilities!

Aotrs Commander
2007-10-18, 12:12 PM
Well I suppose Lichdom is technically a superpower - from a certain point of view - so I guess that makes it my primary choice.

Failing, that - and the obvious choice of every other (decent) super-power at once1 - I'd go for one or more of the following:

Invulnerability. (duh) Mental and Physical and anything esle come to that.

Manipulation of shadow energy. Not just shadow as in the absence of light, but shadow the energy-like-darkness-shedding anti-laser. 'Cos that's way beyond awesome. Maybe make it shadow bending ala Avatar...

Pokemon attacks (all of them). Yes, I do mean that. Quick Attack followed by Hydropump followed by Razorleaf followed by Vine Whip and Thunderbolt for the win!

If all else fails, I'll take the ability to use Naruto-style jutsus. Not only would sharigan in particular, be damned useful, you have to admit, it'd look really cool. Imagine a Lich with three or for swirly glowy thingies orbiting the central eyeglow. Sheer. Awesome.

But, yeah, I really just want to make the hand seals and shout "Shadow Clone Justu!" at the top of my voice...

1Except super-strength. Call me crazy, but I've never seen that as a very good power meself. Maybe becuase of the prevalance of over-muscled or nobel leader-steriotypes who wield it.

Googlywirdo
2007-10-18, 04:19 PM
I would have to pick the power to randomly genrate candy:smallbiggrin:

topher
2007-10-18, 06:16 PM
I would definitely want the ability to summon dogs with bees in their mouths, and when they bark they shoot bees at you. I would use them in the never-ending battle of good versus neutral.:smallsmile:

Iudex Fatarum
2007-10-18, 08:28 PM
I'm gonna resurect the Portal creation and distruction from earlier in this thread. How sweet would it be to be able to have someone fall 100 ft and hit the ground when in reality they just keep falling the same 4 feet again and again. Or if I'm realy malicious just let them fall till their head and arms are outside the portal then close it off. also remember I can now esentialy fly, falling again and again just each time I move 20 ft to the right or something. only problem is stoping, perhaps I could create resistence to the portal. also all transportation costs become null, any long distance travel can be done through my perminant portals now. I charge a nominal fee for them but hey I got to make a living somehow. Plus purely legit, no robbing people.

Tom_Violence
2007-10-18, 09:31 PM
We could just set up a drop down menu for thread title when you start a new one... multiple choice thread names... we could save loads of time...
*looks at the frayed and tattered edges of the thread unravelling around him*

Oops.. Er I'd like total mental dominion over all creatures... then I could get someone else to do all this typing.

Either that or have about 20 sticky threads with titles such as "What's your favourite colour?", "Where are you from?", "What's your name all about?", etc. Could be fun, eh? Or maybe they should just open another section of the boards for it. It could be like a really inane version of the SMBG section!

Hell Puppi
2007-10-19, 12:16 AM
rolling 20's...
that is if rolling 20's worked in the 'real world'.

Vella_Malachite
2007-10-19, 02:09 AM
Ooh, ooh, I just thought of something else!

Just after the ability to control things with emotion, being able to enter the world contained in books without changing the contents of those books in the 'real' world, then have no time elapse in the 'real world'.

Think about it. Enter the world of, say, Harry Potter, stab Umbridge and leave, then read the rest of the book and know she's dead. Or, then go and do it again! If you're ever in any danger, leave.

Also, as an added extra, maybe saved games or something? Come back to the same version of that world and continue what you were doing?

Of course, I'd want the ability to never age a day while in the book worlds.

Ashtar
2007-10-19, 08:48 AM
Hypercognition input processing.

At the cost of about a second per page (book size), the ability to memorize, comprehend, analyze, integrate and realize the subject.

I would really love that!

Dragonrider
2007-10-19, 10:41 AM
I would want the ability to fly.

First of all, because I have flying dreams on a weekly basis, and they're always the kind where I can and then suddenly I'm falling from the sky and just when I think I'm going to hit the ground, my power comes back and I go swooping up again....anyway, I'd like to be able to do it right.

Second...it looks really fun.

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-19, 10:44 AM
"Whats the probability that I could fly?"

Probability manipulation strikes again!

Truestrike
2007-10-19, 11:27 AM

Just after the ability to control things with emotion, being able to enter the world contained in books without changing the contents of those books in the 'real' world, then have no time elapse in the 'real world'.

Think about it. Enter the world of, say, Harry Potter, stab Umbridge and leave, then read the rest of the book and know she's dead. Or, then go and do it again! If you're ever in any danger, leave.

Also, as an added extra, maybe saved games or something? Come back to the same version of that world and continue what you were doing?

But how would this work would the book have to be opened to a certain page and you jump in on that part or would it be everytime you jump in you start at the begining again?

If its the first part then what if someone closed the book and if its the other way there is a chance you could run into yourself doing these things in the story behind the story line. Thats some dangerous ground to explore.

Aotrs Commander
2007-10-19, 12:04 PM

Regardless of any potential drawbacks, any idea that enables me to stab Umbridge cannot be all bad...

PhallicWarrior
2007-10-19, 05:03 PM
Agreed.

(Ten Chars.)

Setra
2007-10-19, 10:44 PM

Isn't that just an altered version of Reality Manipulation?

All you have to do is come up with a probability and reality will alter, and there is a theoretical probability for everything, so...

StickMan
2007-10-19, 11:08 PM
YOU ALL FAIL

Crud I don't believe this 5 pages of thread about super powers and only two persons other than me actually says that he wants a power to help people. I started this theard think I would hear how you all would help the world with you new superpower and ONLY two people say they wanted a power for the express purpose of helping some one.

No go back and read the thread other than me Fiery Justice and SweetRein are the only people who expressly said they would use there powers to help people. You may have been thinking about it as a secondary thing but it does not seem to have factored in to what power you picked.

I'm going to bed now and I pray I get flamed about how you all just assumed that having super powers means you are helping people with them.

OK disclaimer if I did miss that you said you want to help people I'm sorry I just read 100+ post that were generally depressing.

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-19, 11:10 PM
I'm going to move the Planet out of Orbit with my power? Does that help?:cool:

Setra
2007-10-20, 01:27 AM
YOU ALL FAIL

Crud I don't believe this 5 pages of thread about super powers and only two persons other than me actually says that he wants a power to help people. I started this theard think I would hear how you all would help the world with you new superpower and ONLY two people say they wanted a power for the express purpose of helping some one.

No go back and read the thread other than me Fiery Justice and SweetRein are the only people who expressly said they would use there powers to help people. You may have been thinking about it as a secondary thing but it does not seem to have factored in to what power you picked.

I'm going to bed now and I pray I get flamed about how you all just assumed that having super powers means you are helping people with them.

OK disclaimer if I did miss that you said you want to help people I'm sorry I just read 100+ post that were generally depressing.

Now do me a favor and actually think about what having that power would mean to you and what you can do with it in the world. Don't just go mind control "cause then I own you all" I would actually like to know what people think. Unless of course you actually want to be the world dictator then feel free to say mind control cause I want to make sure to never elect you to office.

You never mentioned anything about helping people. You even mentioned "Unless of course you actually want to be the world dictator". That kind of comment usually implies joking about selfish things people would do with said powers.

And to you, I say, that is rather ... well let's just say, very misleading, on your part. If you want a serious discussion of ways we might use powers to help people then why not say so, instead of leading with a post that implies otherwise very much so.

Extra_Crispy
2007-10-20, 03:35 AM
I would have to say I would want the powers of a X-man that was only there for a short while. Lifeguard. She was actually a life guard on a beach. Her power was to manifest ANY power she needed. Someone was drowning in the ocean? She grew webed feet and gills so she could get to them faster. Someone was going to hurt her or others around her, she got metal skin like Colossus but gold colored. Falling from a plane or needed to save someone from a fall, she grew wings and flew. The comic never really explored her powers much as she did not last long, I think they realized how broken her powers really were so they sent her off on a chase for her brother who freaked out when he got his power (the ability to surf through and create worm holes)

Being able to manifest ANY power I want when I want would allow me to heal everyone I want by a touch, explore the universe without a ship, have the knowledge I need or want when I want it without having "all knowledge" drive me insane. (I feel having all knowledge all the time would make anyone crazy) Thus if I wanted to cure AIDS I would just know the cure. This way I can affect others and help people without the true reality altering maybe screw things up side affect unless I want the ability to alter reality. What I mean by that is with reality altering abilities you never know what you could mess up on the long run. Like was said, turn women into cat girls, now they can not have children with men and the human species go extinct, make it so no one dies and the world gets too populated and the rest of the planet dies.

And before you say it Dean Fellithor. The probabibility of my power working or being immune to yours is 100% as all I need to do is will or need it to be that way and it is.

Vella_Malachite
2007-10-20, 04:00 AM
But how would this work would the book have to be opened to a certain page and you jump in on that part or would it be everytime you jump in you start at the begining again?

If its the first part then what if someone closed the book and if its the other way there is a chance you could run into yourself doing these things in the story behind the story line. Thats some dangerous ground to explore.

Well, you see, given anything I do will really stuff up the storyline anyway, I think that what happens in the actual book is really irrelevant. I would probably just have to want to be in a certain part of the storyline and go from there.

And once I'm out of the story, because the storyline goes back to normal, it is quite possible that once I'm gone, I'm gone for good and none of the characters ever remember me being there.

Possibly.

Rockphed
2007-10-20, 04:07 AM
YOU ALL FAIL

To be honest, If I had known that is what you wanted my response would have been more thusly:

Super powers? To fight evil villians/get people out of burning buildings/whatever? That my friend is what the shotgun is for. Yea, in times of trouble, the Two Barreled man is king!

What? Oh, my lack of shot gun? Well, if there were a super villian on the loose, I would quickly procure one and go to work.

As to being able to withstand heat, think about being able to search burning buildings for people trapped inside.

Sgilti
2007-10-20, 06:50 PM
This one's a little different, but I've always liked non-conventional techniques and abilities. If I got the chance, I'd like to have the power to craft masks that allow the wearer to assume certain attributes that allow them to influence their surroundings. This wouldn't be an overt power, though. Instead it would play off natural tendencies, like producing calming effects, or make enemies more timid. And if you want to add more overt power, you could make one that causes fire to burn hotter or ice to endure at higher temperatures. Really just a matter of imagination.

Grimfist
2007-10-20, 07:00 PM

The power to generate fire so I could flame you for this incredibly self-righteous post.

Edit: Honestly, you even posted a couple times besides your original post in the thread, and pretty much nobody had mentioned helping other people by then. You could have easily changed the rules of the game, or mentioned that you wanted to hear how people would help others, but you didn't. You waited until page 5 then released your "I'm such a better person than all of you" spiel. Therefore I am under the impression that this was intentional and the entire purpose of you making this thread. You come off as the guy who donates $2000 to charity and then brags about how he is so much better than his friends who only donated $1000.[/rant] It really isn't even worth mocking you over this.

Vella_Malachite
2007-10-20, 08:48 PM
But if I had my power to get into books, I could learn skills in the book that I would never have had the chance to learn in real life and use them for good somehow.

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-20, 10:23 PM
Me? I'd use my Powers for my own personal use, who the Hell wants to help a lot of people when you can just Help a handful?

Tarnag40k
2007-10-20, 10:27 PM
I'd want the power to drive anything flawlessly, but then again, that would get rid of the fun of learning how to do stuff like overpower the rearwheels of an underpowered car...

StickMan
2007-10-20, 10:36 PM
OK I should explain something that may have blown that up a lot more than I meant to, were I'm from. So yes I did find it odd that no one said anything but, I'm not really all that mad. The whole "You all Fail" thing would be a big laugh in my area especial in big bold font if I was talking to someone online. I should have also put it in italics, and not used it at all, as I'm sure now that no one understood that.

If by some chance we ever have an Ohio meet up and I come to it and someone references this thread and says to me YOU FAIL AT POSTING I'll be on my side. In this case cause it would be funny or says You Fail at X I'll laugh.

This was a bad case of me having fun with something and forgetting that not everyone is in on the joke.

Soniku
2007-10-22, 09:46 AM
Control over time.

Reason? Well, I want teleportation, super speed, telekinesis, immortality... All that fun stuff. But with time control I could do all of those quite easily, just so long as noone took me by surprise :smallbiggrin:

Solo
2007-10-22, 10:16 AM
Super powers? To fight evil villians/get people out of burning buildings/whatever? That my friend is what the shotgun is for. Yea, in times of trouble, the Two Barreled man is king!

How does a shotgun help you get people out of burning buildings?

Rejakor
2007-10-22, 10:21 AM
DON'T QUESTION IT'S POWER! THAT WAY LIES MADNESS!

Of course, i'd be rocking it up hardcore with super-speed. That stuff is like liquid crack, it's good for you.

Solo
2007-10-22, 10:26 AM

Meh, any power - no matter how lame - can be used by a superhero to help people. For God's sake, look at Squirril Girl!

And how is turning women into catgirls *not* helping people out? :smalltongue:

Iudex Fatarum
2007-10-26, 12:01 PM
I do have to say that force fields are cool but not many have mentioned them. after all make a super thin one and move it arround to fly, surround an object in one to move it, and also creates barriers against both energy and physical attacks, telekenises can only block physical.

Collin152
2007-10-28, 07:01 PM

I'm almost a thousand percent sure probability manipulation does not work that way.
It changes the odds of things that could feasibly occur to another level of probability. Sorry, but there is no chance of someone to just randomly start flying.
Wht you describe is essentially reality control, like what Scarlet Witch had all along.

thubby
2007-10-28, 07:36 PM
I'm almost a thousand percent sure probability manipulation does not work that way.
It changes the odds of things that could feasibly occur to another level of probability. Sorry, but there is no chance of someone to just randomly start flying.
What you describe is essentially reality control, like what Scarlet Witch had all along.

the probability 0%, raised 100%. ain't semantics grand? slightly less irksome, there is a microscopic chance of the wind would become super strong in a highly localized area (through some extremely unlikely series of events), resulting in you being catapulted into the sky.
there's also a chance all your atoms and all those of a given object lining up in a away that allows them to pass through one another.

Orzel
2007-10-28, 07:42 PM
How do I fail

I asked for the ability of know all languages and and use all forms of communication (musical, animals, secret codes).

Of course my objective is

TO MAKE THE ROCKINGEST SONG EVER THAT EVERYONE CAN ENJOY! EVEN MICE AND OTHER VERMIN.

Was it not obvious

ChronicLunacy
2007-10-28, 08:11 PM
I'd go for true immortality. That basically means that I would be completely unable to die. I'd be eternally young and virile until the day the universe exploded...and even then I'm not sure what would happen. I'd live to see everything, be able to DO. EVERYTHING. No one could hurt me, or even if they did I'd heal. Even I healed normal human slow, I'd be back eventually for more. If someone annoyed me, I could wait until they died. No big deal.

I mean, how cool is that? The only problem would be getting bored.

Halna LeGavilk
2007-10-28, 08:35 PM
I'm surprised a forum full of people who play D&D didn't think of this:

The ability to see your own character sheet then edit the stuff to do anything. Wanna be 20 forever? Just keep changing the sheet! Want any superpower said previously? Change the sheet! Wanna be a god with divine rank 33,000,000,000? Edit the sheet! You could do ultimate good with this! Just give yourself True Reserrection/Infinite times per day, and Mass Cure Critical Wounds/ Infinite times per day.

Cyrano
2007-10-28, 08:37 PM
I'd go for true immortality. That basically means that I would be completely unable to die. I'd be eternally young and virile until the day the universe exploded...and even then I'm not sure what would happen. I'd live to see everything, be able to DO. EVERYTHING. No one could hurt me, or even if they did I'd heal. Even I healed normal human slow, I'd be back eventually for more. If someone annoyed me, I could wait until they died. No big deal.

I mean, how cool is that? The only problem would be getting bored.

This is the kind of naivete that gets severely punished by a million million million years of ennui, followed by torpor and a descent into beasthood.

Collin152
2007-10-28, 09:40 PM
This is the kind of naivete that gets severely punished by a million million million years of ennui, followed by torpor and a descent into beasthood.

Do please elaborate.

Now, what power would I posses? The power to know and understand. I stumble on the scene of a homicide? I instantly deduce what went down. Someone vaguely describes their symptoms, and I easily figure out whats ailing them.
Sure, I wont be fighting supervillains, but who's going to handle the mooks with guns? The police? Psh!

Arameus
2007-10-28, 09:43 PM
Non-constrained flight, a la Superman's, only provided that I could somehow be made immune to the sudden drastic changes in pressure, temperature, and velocity. I wouldn't go for the super-speed of Supe's flight, though; that's just cheese, especially if it's your only power. I'd prefer to top out at something more reasonable than lightspeed, perhaps about 120 mph.

This would, however, have to be very tiring and require concentration, just to keep me in my place.

ChronicLunacy
2007-10-29, 12:55 AM

Maybe for you. Not everyone could handle living forever, but I have an advantage.

ADHD

:smallcool:

thubby
2007-10-29, 01:45 PM
Maybe for you. Not everyone could handle living forever, but I have an advantage.

ADHD

:smallcool:

assuming you healed normal human speed, you'd be crippled eventually, because there are injuries you just can't heal from. or you'd get occasional brain damage which would pile up (10,000,000,000,000 conclusions later)
and then there's the whole "wait, this guy can't be alive, he'd have to be over (insane age)) and all related issues.
oh, and finally there is the whole "dying for all eternity" issue, like if you get buried in an avalanche or floating through space experiencing scorching heat, freezing cold, and a host of other problems when earth goes kaboom.

The Bushranger
2007-10-29, 03:28 PM
I'd go with shielding - both "reactive" against fast-moving objects (thrown knives, bullets, falling pigeon droppings, etc.) and voluentary (say a 5' radius around me) when I wanted/needed to...

ChronicLunacy
2007-10-29, 04:46 PM
assuming you healed normal human speed, you'd be crippled eventually, because there are injuries you just can't heal from. or you'd get occasional brain damage which would pile up (10,000,000,000,000 conclusions later)
and then there's the whole "wait, this guy can't be alive, he'd have to be over (insane age)) and all related issues.
oh, and finally there is the whole "dying for all eternity" issue, like if you get buried in an avalanche or floating through space experiencing scorching heat, freezing cold, and a host of other problems when earth goes kaboom.

What I meant was I could heal from anything, even very slowly. I'd always return to my healthy physical state eventually, it just might take a few hundred years. I could wait. And yes, there's always the chance of being buried alive and such and people finding out, but you've got to have some problems or else it'd be pretty boring, don't you think?

Besides, it's my power so :smalltongue: .

thubby
2007-10-29, 04:55 PM
Besides, it's my power so :smalltongue: .

ah yes, the ancient and powerful ":smalltongue:" solver of many disputes :smallcool:

Collin152
2007-10-29, 07:12 PM
I'd go with shielding - both "reactive" against fast-moving objects (thrown knives, bullets, falling pigeon droppings, etc.) and voluentary (say a 5' radius around me) when I wanted/needed to...

Sounds interesting. Is the reactive shield also a bubble, or more like skin-hugging protection? If skin-hugging, would it extend past your clothing?

The Bushranger
2007-10-29, 08:16 PM
Sounds interesting. Is the reactive shield also a bubble, or more like skin-hugging protection? If skin-hugging, would it extend past your clothing?

The 'automatic' shields would be conformal...say 8" off the skin or so, regardless of clothing or other obstructions.

Maybe as I developed my powers, I could learn to create a 'shield wall' at some point, too. :smallsmile:

PaladinFreak
2007-10-30, 08:29 PM
I would go for complete and total control of matter and energy. This includes heat, electricity, gravity, kinetic energy, and just plain force. Add the control of matter, and you can heal any wound short of death, destroy anything, basically play god. Except, not.

Collin152
2007-10-30, 08:56 PM
The 'automatic' shields would be conformal...say 8" off the skin or so, regardless of clothing or other obstructions.

Maybe as I developed my powers, I could learn to create a 'shield wall' at some point, too. :smallsmile:

Ooh. Can I call you "Bubble-Man"?
Man, this makes me want to do super-hero things. I'm watching Heroes for the first time, rolling up characters for the classic marvel RPG (I don't even play it with anyone right now!), I'm drawing heroes...
I love superheroes. Stan Lee is teh roxorz.

Iudex Fatarum
2007-10-30, 10:58 PM
I'd want to be able to create other force fields insteead of just next to my skin. plus can you lower it voluntaraly

The Bushranger
2007-10-31, 08:59 AM
Ooh. Can I call you "Bubble-Man"?

Just don't call me Bubble-Wrap. :smallannoyed: :smallcool:

Rumda
2007-10-31, 09:27 AM
With me it would be a toss up between mind-control and shape-shifting, they'll both be useful (not to mention incredibly fun), but if there were no drawbacks then I'll get bored with them after a while....

Seffbasilisk
2007-10-31, 03:37 PM
Unlimited Teleportation.

Same. A healing factor as per Wolverine wouldn't be bad either. I'd probably get in a lot more scrapes with Teleportation. And if I healed like that, I could even teleport INTO objects and survive.

Collin152
2007-10-31, 09:41 PM
Just don't call me Bubble-Wrap. :smallannoyed: :smallcool:

Of course not!
Bubble-Rap just seems so much more modern.