PDA

View Full Version : a question about Psychic Warriors

nhbdy
2007-10-15, 07:10 PM
i was wondering, which is better, a level 20 Psychic Warrior or a Psychic Warrior/10 War Mind/10?

Reel On, Love
2007-10-15, 07:21 PM
They're about equal. The War Mind has Sweeping Strike, better BAB, and his abilities, but the Psychic Warrior has more PP, better powers, and more combat feats.

ocato
2007-10-15, 07:32 PM
I like the War Mind because the higher Power points of Psychic Warrior doesn't entice me enough to pass up on all those sexy War Mind abilities, more BAB, and sweeping strikes, and you still get a continuation of psychic warrior powers.

Reel On, Love
2007-10-15, 07:44 PM
I like the War Mind because the higher Power points of Psychic Warrior doesn't entice me enough to pass up on all those sexy War Mind abilities, more BAB, and sweeping strikes, and you still get a continuation of psychic warrior powers.

Yeah, but check out things like Form of Doom (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/formofDoom.htm), Schism (snagged with Expanded Knowledge, buffs you while you fight--a War Mind can't afford that kind of PP expenditure), Dispelling Buffer, Psychofeedback, manifesting Psionic Lion's Charge a lot, all that jazz. Those extra PP and higher-level powers are very, very strong.

CASTLEMIKE
2007-10-15, 08:46 PM
Consider going Slayer with psion. Maybe Barbarian or WarBlade -1 at first for hit points and some skill points, Ranger -1 for tracking, F - 1 (with Psion - 2) or F - 2 with Psion - 1 then Slayer -10 plus other PRCs to taste (Maybe your DM would let you use a variant Abjurant Champion based on psionics which would be strong using force shield and inertial armor).

Ranger - 1, Psychic Warrior or Wilder -4, Psion - 1 enhanced by Slayer - 10 + 4 more PRC levels could be interesting especially with a few levels of AI.

nhbdy
2007-10-15, 09:09 PM
Consider going Slayer with psion. Maybe Barbarian or WarBlade -1 at first for hit points and some skill points, Ranger -1 for tracking, F - 1 (with Psion - 2) or F - 2 with Psion - 1 then Slayer -10 plus other PRCs to taste (Maybe your DM would let you use a variant Abjurant Champion based on psionics which would be strong using force shield and inertial armor).

Ranger - 1, Psychic Warrior or Wilder -4, Psion - 1 enhanced by Slayer - 10 + 4 more PRC levels could be interesting especially with a few levels of AI.

sounds interesting, but, there is a problem with that,that wasn't the question, i was simply wanting a comparason of the two choices.

CASTLEMIKE
2007-10-16, 12:05 AM
i was wondering, which is better, a level 20 Psychic Warrior or a Psychic Warrior/10 War Mind/10?

With no other PRCs or builds probably Psychic Warrior with 127 PP, 20 known base powers (5 of 6th level) and 8 bonus feats from the class and can spend up to 20 PP a round.

A Psychic Warrior - 10 has 27 base PP, and know 10 powers of levels 1 - 4, going Warmind gives your PC 70 more base PP and 6 more powers of levels 1 - 5 and some specials including +17 BAB which means just a single level 5 power and 2 level 4 known powers.

That build nets you +10 HP, +2 BAB and some specials at a cost to your PC 30 base PP, 4 psychic warrior class bonus feats (Which could be used for acquiring non Pyschic warrior powers through expanded knowledge) and the opportunity to know 2 more level 5 powers and 5 level 6 powers as a Psychic Warrior - 20. Additionally powers should be capped at 10 PP a round based on levels in both classes.

The capstone power Chain of Overwhelming Force and that +10D6 to an attack can only be used once a day. More PP and known powers gives your PC more options in more situations.

Going with another build like Slayer would allow your PC the option to be equal to a level 15 psion with a +17 or better BAB and have at least 170 base power points, access to 28 base powers including level seven and eight powers at a 15 PP a round limit normally.

Human Paragon 3
2007-10-16, 12:41 AM
Psychic warrior is gangbusters. That is all.