PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Plants and lycanthropy [3.x]

omegaghost
2019-09-30, 11:02 AM
Hi. I'm currently DMing a 3.5 game and one of my players plays a volodni, a plant race from unapproachable east. In the last game he was bitten by a natural wererat and failed his saving throw against lycanthropy. Plants are immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning and polymorphing, but not to disease. Does lycanthropy count as polymorph for this purpose or does he have to turn into a lycanthrope now? The player doesn't know he might be afflicted so I can just wave it off as if it never happened in any case.

Telonius
2019-09-30, 11:15 AM
From the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm):

"Lycanthrope" is a template that can be added to any humanoid or giant (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Since the base creature is a Plant, by RAW the template can't be applied.

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-09-30, 11:15 AM
Hi. I'm currently DMing a 3.5 game and one of my players plays a volodni, a plant race from unapproachable east. In the last game he was bitten by a natural wererat and failed his saving throw against lycanthropy. Plants are immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning and polymorphing, but not to disease. Does lycanthropy count as polymorph for this purpose or does he have to turn into a lycanthrope now? The player doesn't know he might be afflicted so I can just wave it off as if it never happened in any case.Look at the lycanthrope template itself (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm):

Lycanthropes are humanoids or giants who can transform themselves into animals.

Creating A Lycanthrope
"Lycanthrope" is a template that can be added to any humanoid or giant (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

[edit] Bunnicula'd.

omegaghost
2019-09-30, 11:17 AM
Ah, it seems I've missed the obvious thing :D Thanks.

ShurikVch
2019-09-30, 11:37 AM
Note: GRP Advanced Bestiary have Monstrous Lycanthrope template: it's allow about any combination of creatures, as long as both are living, one with "generally humanoid form - namely, two arms, two legs, and a head", and the other is within one Size category from the first. So, if you really want it, you may use Monstrous Lycanthrope on Volodni (presuming it was WereDire Rat)

omegaghost
2019-09-30, 03:23 PM
That's an interesting book, I might use it for something, thanks!