PDA

View Full Version : Any other Minecraft players see an OOTS callout on the yellow text?

sengmeng
2019-09-30, 01:12 PM
If someone can direct me to an image hosting site, I'll post a picture of the screen.

MossyMeow
2019-09-30, 01:15 PM
Haven’t played the game in the longest time, but is it the one that reads ‘Order of the Stone?’

As for an image hosting site, I’m currently on my phone so can’t link easily, but I usually use Imgur- you can use your Google account if you have one.

sengmeng
2019-09-30, 01:32 PM
Haven’t played the game in the longest time, but is it the one that reads ‘Order of the Stone?’

As for an image hosting site, I’m currently on my phone so can’t link easily, but I usually use Imgur- you can use your Google account if you have one.

It was not that one. It said "Haley loves Elan"

I wonder how many there are?

MossyMeow
2019-09-30, 01:53 PM

Wow, I’ve never seen that one before. Then again, I haven’t played Minecraft in over a year, and I hasn’t yet gotten into OOTS when I was a big fan of the game, so I might have seen it without getting the reference. There’s probably quite a few, since Notch reportedly is a fan- there’s something from 2014 posted on the OOTS in the Media thread that says as much. Maybe you should make a post there as well, record it for posterity and all.

Gift Jeraff
2019-09-30, 01:59 PM
"Haley loves Elan"

Spoiler warning, please. :smallsigh:

Peelee
2019-09-30, 02:22 PM

Imgur doesn't work on the forum anymore. Same for a lot of image hosting sites, like tinypic (for example, since you'll notice sengmeng, among others, have a partial image of a frowney face where their avatars used to be).

NerdyKris
2019-09-30, 03:06 PM
That's been there for a long time. Since around 2012-ish. I'm almost positive it was in the original Xbox 360 release but I could be wrong. Definitely at least five years ago.

Lord Torath
2019-09-30, 03:09 PM
Imgur doesn't work on the forum anymore. Same for a lot of image hosting sites, like tinypic (for example, since you'll notice sengmeng, among others, have a partial image of a frowney face where their avatars used to be).I recommend setting up an avatar-only dropbox account, and storing your avatar image there. It's worked for me so far.

MossyMeow
2019-09-30, 03:25 PM
Imgur doesn't work on the forum anymore. Same for a lot of image hosting sites, like tinypic (for example, since you'll notice sengmeng, among others, have a partial image of a frowney face where their avatars used to be).

Odd- I posted an image a few weeks ago, and it worked just fine. I ought to stop giving tech advice. I have about as much internet savvy as a wet noodle.

Peelee
2019-09-30, 05:55 PM
Odd- I posted an image a few weeks ago, and it worked just fine.

Did it, though? :smallamused:

RatElemental
2019-09-30, 06:31 PM

My Avatar is through imgur and it works fine for me. Does it not work for others?

MossyMeow
2019-09-30, 06:33 PM

Okay, upon checking my image seems to have vanished into thin air, leaving behind nothing but an empty white box as a reminder of the cruel, harsh winds of fate that blew it away...

But in all seriousness, it worked fine when I originally posted it.

Jetty
2019-09-30, 08:18 PM

According to the Minecraft Wiki, 'Haley Loves Elan (https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Splash)' has been in since 1.0.0 (RC1). RC1 was released on November 13, 2011 (https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Java_Edition_RC1).

There are apparently 388 yellow texts.

DataNinja
2019-09-30, 08:49 PM

Imgur has blocked gitp because it's against their ToS to host avatars - since many people did, and this is a big, public site, it got blocked. Browsers that have scrubbers to hide what site requests come from (I believe Firefox and Chrome do this, IE and Edge don't, dunno about any others) can still see the images, but don't count on it being visible.

Tinypic hasn't blocked here. Tinypic no longer exists. It ceased operations as of the 9th of September, due to excessive hosting costs and dwindling ad revenue.

Peelee
2019-09-30, 08:58 PM
Imgur has blocked gitp because it's against their ToS to host avatars - since many people did, and this is a big, public site, it got blocked. Browsers that have scrubbers to hide what site requests come from (I believe Firefox and Chrome do this, IE and Edge don't, dunno about any others) can still see the images, but don't count on it being visible.

Tinypic hasn't blocked here. Tinypic no longer exists. It ceased operations as of the 9th of September, due to excessive hosting costs and dwindling ad revenue.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/4d/4d9f5501ec186b510e0b95128ad9ab421a4978698088861976 f1f7505ea16868.jpg

snowblizz
2019-10-01, 05:24 AM
If someone can direct me to an image hosting site, I'll post a picture of the screen.

For posting screenshots I've taken to using Lightshot/Prntscr. Very convenient for temporary stuff. Have no idea how long stuff is up there.

https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html

MossyMeow
2019-10-01, 01:15 PM

That makes sense. I originally posted the aforementioned picture on a tablet using Chrome, while I can’t see it using Safari on my phone.

Schroeswald
2019-10-01, 01:23 PM

I have checked the working smilies we still have (besides the ones that come from the website), and all but one ([Ponchula) is from Imgur, so clearly some Imgur stuff works.

DataNinja
2019-10-01, 05:33 PM
I have checked the working smilies we still have (besides the ones that come from the website), and all but one ([Ponchula) is from Imgur, so clearly some Imgur stuff works.

Again, depends on your browser. I can see nothing that comes from Imgur, while you likely have a browser/extension that scrubs the site info from requests.

Schroeswald
2019-10-01, 05:41 PM
Again, depends on your browser. I can see nothing that comes from Imgur, while you likely have a browser/extension that scrubs the site info from requests.

So we got safari on the list of imgur smilies work (so the threads with lots of smilies should probably deal with some to all of the ones not from the forum not working).

MossyMeow
2019-10-02, 10:55 AM
It likely also depends on the device used; I can’t see many images on Safari, but I only use that browser on my phone. I can’t say anything decisive about the avatars, since only the official Giant in the Playground ones appear on my phone. They seem to work fine on my tablet, though, but I haven’t checked.

That being said, this minecart has gone off the rails. Has anyone found any OOTS references in the game other than the two already mentioned?