PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Druid/Monk multiclass help

Degwerks
2019-09-30, 02:28 PM
I'm considering multiclassing Druid with Monk starting at level 1 and going to maybe 15th level.
I've no race preference and all books/UA is allowed. We're using point-buy.

I am interested in the Astral Self monk and the class is the reason I was thinking of multiclass with Moon Druid. Was planning on maxing WIS and getting Shillelagh for when my wild shape uses are out. WIS can be used for my Astral Arms attacks too. Will most likely use the Astral Arms while Wild Shaped.

Seeking tips on where to put my levels and when; race choices; spell combos/spell prep; ability placement; and background choices.

Dork_Forge
2019-09-30, 02:59 PM
I'm considering multiclassing Druid with Monk starting at level 1 and going to maybe 15th level.
I've no race preference and all books/UA is allowed. We're using point-buy.

I am interested in the Astral Self monk and the class is the reason I was thinking of multiclass with Moon Druid. Was planning on maxing WIS and getting Shillelagh for when my wild shape uses are out. WIS can be used for my Astral Arms attacks too. Will most likely use the Astral Arms while Wild Shaped.

Seeking tips on where to put my levels and when; race choices; spell combos/spell prep; ability placement; and background choices.

A Ghost Wise Halfling would give you Dex and Wis boosts as well as Telepathy for whilst you're wildshaped. Mixing Astral self with Moon Druid would be a very good combination, but going from level one would be very rough, Druid 2,Monk 5 then finishing out Druid seems like the best option progression wise if you want Wildshaping to be your main thing. You hurt your spell and shape progression but hopefully Monk will help with that, background wise it doesn't really matter unless you have a specific theme or skill you want to go with.

Degwerks
2019-10-01, 11:27 AM
Debating on going Shepherd Druid instead of Moon... only about 6 levels or 7 then finishing out in Monk.
Warforged for race maybe?

Yunru
2019-10-01, 11:34 AM
I have an unfinished guide over on EnWorld that I kept meaning to move over here (and finish), although it doesn't cover an Astral Monk. (Since I've never heard of them :P)
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?657153-The-Karate-Kid-A-Guide-to-Monk-Druid-Multiclassing