PDA

View Full Version : The Inheritance Wars (Recruiting One More)

DarthArminius
2019-09-30, 07:16 PM
The Inheritance Wars
It was just an ordinary day. Or not. It may have been a good day. Or not. It could have been the best day of your life. Or not. Whether it was even the worst day of life, is entirely besides the point because up until then didn't matter. At least, compared to the days that would come after it, it would be nothing. This was their last day as an ordinary man or woman, and from hence forward, they would have something that would mark them as extraordinary for the rest of their lives. They would have, their Inheritance.

January 1st, 2020. . . 12:00 AM
For ages untold, wars were waged. The Inheritance Wars. These were the wars that have been waged in order to determine the destiny of the Human Race, and beyond. Throughout the multiverse, Humans, Elves, Aliens, and all manner of intelligent species have fought for the good of their and all other races. Now this war was coming to Earth. . . !
The time is now 12:00 AM, Midnight. Suddenly, you are gone from your bed, disappeared, and now appearing, on the floor, in a vast white expanse, as a man appears in front of you , appearing to be in his 70's, standing there with a white cane, while a young woman dressed in black stands at his side. Before any of you can speak, you are filled with some kind of magical energy that changes you. . . changes you from the inside out. Without uttering a word, you understand you have changed.

The old man smiles as he awaits for you to awaken.

totadileplayz
2019-09-30, 07:50 PM
He felt like panicking would have been the right thing to do here, but he felt calm, and simply analyzed the people in front of him.

So old life, and young death. He wouldn't be surprised if they were life and death. Of Course Life would be old, he is the culmination of life and experience, and of course Death would be young, she's of the unchanging afterlives and the brief moments that bring people there. He, lived a long life, and he was bound to live a lot more now that he was no longer human. Honestly he had no idea what he was, he felt like he could fit in a variety of forms, be classified as a number of things. Honestly, he wasn't even sure if he was truly alive anymore. But, he doubted that really mattered here, and now. Instead, he had a simple question. "What now?"

Noob5674
2019-09-30, 08:09 PM
The Inheritance Wars
It was just an ordinary day. Or not. It may have been a good day. Or not. It could have been the best day of your life. Or not. Whether it was even the worst day of life, is entirely besides the point because up until then didn't matter. At least, compared to the days that would come after it, it would be nothing. This was their last day as an ordinary man or woman, and from hence forward, they would have something that would mark them as extraordinary for the rest of their lives. They would have, their Inheritance.

January 1st, 2020. . . 12:00 AM
For ages untold, wars were waged. The Inheritance Wars. These were the wars that have been waged in order to determine the destiny of the Human Race, and beyond. Throughout the multiverse, Humans, Elves, Aliens, and all manner of intelligent species have fought for the good of their and all other races. Now this war was coming to Earth. . . !
The time is now 12:00 AM, Midnight. Suddenly, you are gone from your bed, disappeared, and now appearing, on the floor, in a vast white expanse, as a man appears in front of you , appearing to be in his 70's, standing there with a white cane, while a young woman dressed in black stands at his side. Before any of you can speak, you are filled with some kind of magical energy that changes you. . . changes you from the inside out. Without uttering a word, you understand you have changed.

Some would panic and smash their head due to the changes in their body. Others think and process what their inheritance and past self were.

As for I? I’m simply floating in the ocean of hatred of existence of sentient life. It’s very interesting. So many flaws created in the path of their rise to the top, so much blood shed from their own in petty squabbles.

If it wasn’t for another life pecking the back of my head, I’d probably be drowning. Honestly, I like the little bird more than the lizard, it at least has good intentions...if only he was a little less willing to go the extra mile for what he stands for.

A moment later, I open my eyes and see an old man and a young lady across from me...and my very existence screams to kill the old man and erase the very existence of the woman.

Not that anything happens, i don’t see a time where either could happen. My body does shift to try its best at least, growing rapidly and beginning to remove any case of natural degrading of cell growth, so as to remove the scenario of me falling from my prime. But that is for a far time. For now, what’s occurring at the moment?

Cambion
2019-09-30, 08:33 PM
Henri stumbles up thr stairs of her apartment building as she sluggishly fishes for her keys. She had just gotten back from a nigjt out with the girls celebrating her birthday and was ready for some sleep. Slow and steadily, she made her way inside and to her bedroom and fell foward to snuggle up in the covers of her mattress

The Inheritance Wars
Suddenly, you are gone from your bed, disappeared, and now appearing, on the floor, in a vast white expanse, as a man appears in front of you , appearing to be in his 70's, standing there with a white cane, while a young woman dressed in black stands at his side. Before any of you can speak, you are filled with some kind of magical energy that changes you. . . changes you from the inside out. Without uttering a word, you understand you have changed.

Henri groans as she sits up right, both from the sudden soberness and power flowing inside her. She breathes heavy as she raises her hands and sees her former barely there nails were now sharp claws. She ran her tongue along her teeth and felt they were all fanged

"What is all this?" she breathed out

DarthArminius
2019-09-30, 08:59 PM
"What is all this?" she breathed out

. "What now?"

"It's time for you to wake up! My honored guests."
"Welcome to my dimension. In a few moments, you will be surrounded by the luxurious presence of my palace."
"I am Archibald Word'sworth. This over here is Elizabeth. Say hello Elizabeth!" The young woman waved and spoke a greeting. "Yes, I"m Elizabeth."
"Get the [Redacted] up and stop sleeping on the marble floor."

Cambion
2019-09-30, 09:08 PM
"It's time for you to wake up! My honored guests."
"Welcome to my dimension. In a few moments, you will be surrounded by the luxurious presence of my palace."
"I am Archibald Word'sworth. This over here is Elizabeth. Say hello Elizabeth!" The young woman waved and spoke a greeting. "Yes, I"m Elizabeth."
"Get the [Redacted] up and stop sleeping on the marble floor."
Henri got to her feet in an instant and had to steady herself at rhe sudden change in positions. She took a moment to process the knowledge in her head now. The knowledge that was twlling her she had powers, actual powers. Henri tightened her fists as they erupted in flames

" How about I put you to sleep on this marble floor twerp?" Henri asked the blonde

DarthArminius
2019-09-30, 09:14 PM
Elizabeth smirked. "I'd like to see you try, Angel boy!" She mocked, before Archibald promptly waved his hands, silencing Elizabeth, causing Henri's fire to be extinguished, and causing all our protagonist's surroundings to transmute into what appeared to be an enormous mansion. On the inside, their were lights hanging on magnificent golden colored chandeliers overhead. "I apologize for having you all awaken on the hard marbled floors of these hallowed grounds. It was not my intention."

"As I said, I am Archibald Word'sworth."
"I am protector over the Earth, and I've managed to keep our world somewhat safe from the Great Wars over the centuries."
"However, I am afraid that the time is come for us all to prepare ourselves."
"I have gifted you all with your inheritance, at least, some of it."
"I'm sure you all have no clue what this war is."

Cambion
2019-09-30, 09:33 PM
Elizabeth smirked. "I'd like to see you try, Angel boy!" She mocked, before Archibald promptly waved his hands, silencing Elizabeth, causing Henri's fire to be extinguished, and causing all our protagonist's surroundings to transmute into what appeared to be an enormous mansion. On the inside, their were lights hanging on magnificent golden colored chandeliers overhead. "I apologize for having you all awaken on the hard marbled floors of these hallowed grounds. It was not my intention."

"I am protector over the Earth, and I've managed to keep our world somewhat safe from the Great Wars over the centuries."
Henri calms down and collects herself as she takes a seat. She processes what Archibald said and ran let her hair down to run her fingers through it

" So what Archie, you're a real life Raiden and we've just been tapped for Mortal Kombat" she said with an air of disbelief

Arayl
2019-09-30, 10:17 PM
Charlotte's head had barely hit the pillow when she found herself in an opulent mansion with a few other people who seemed to be as confused as her. Once she was on her feet she felt a sudden surge of power inside her as if she was something far larger than a human stuffed into a human body.

Hearing one of her companions mention Mortal Kombat Charlotte says, "Seems like this is more than a fighting tournament to me."

Cambion
2019-09-30, 10:52 PM
Charlotte's head had barely hit the pillow when she found herself in an opulent mansion with a few other people who seemed to be as confused as her. Once she was on her feet she felt a sudden surge of power inside her as if she was something far larger than a human stuffed into a human body.

Hearing one of her companions mention Mortal Kombat Charlotte says, "Seems like this is more than a fighting tournament to me."
"Yeah but I bet the gist is the same. Which means outside meddlers and people bending the rules to win"

Henri walks over to the blonde and holds out her hand

"Henri McCain" she greets

DarthArminius
2019-09-30, 11:04 PM
Henri calms down and collects herself as she takes a seat. She processes what Archibald said and ran let her hair down to run her fingers through it

" So what Archie, you're a real life Raiden and we've just been tapped for Mortal Kombat" she said with an air of disbelief

The man smiles. "Now you're acting like Raiden and Mortal Kombat isn't real."

"Quite right. Mortal Kombat, at least in it's earlier iterations, is just a tournament. This is war."

"Yeah but I bet the gist is the same. Which means outside meddlers and people bending the rules to win"

Henri walks over to the blonde and holds out her hand

"Henri McCain" she greets

Reluctantly, she stares at Henri's hand for a moment. "Oh what the hell, I'll bite." She takes her hand and shakes.

Atma-Stand
2019-10-01, 07:05 AM
The man smiles. "Now you're acting like Raiden and Mortal Kombat isn't real."

"Quite right. Mortal Kombat, at least in it's earlier iterations, is just a tournament. This is war."

Reluctantly, she stares at Henri's hand for a moment. "Oh what the hell, I'll bite." She takes her hand and shakes.

Morgan who had been sitting on the ground and staring at the architecture like a wonderstruck idiot simply raised his hand and asked.

“So... we’re your defenders of Earthrealm then? I hope I’m not the Johnny Cage. No offense to anyone but I don’t want my neck snapped by Bryan Thompson.”

Noob5674
2019-10-01, 10:05 AM

Staring blankly, I’m just letting my mind process exactly what’s happened to me...before the memory of the lizard thing rebuilding its body through will to survive and an idea pops in my head.

(Swapping to Third Person now)
To say the kid is mostly silent is true, but anyone who looks sees him with his hand in his mouth chewing. Those who listen carefully however, can hear the sound of bone crushing and flesh tearing from him.

And a moment later, he pulls his hand out of his mouth and it is...very changed. Scales grown all over it with fingernails replaced with claws. The normally wiggly movement of human hands has been exchanged for a solid scaled paw...before snapping sounds come from it and reverting back to being wiggly.

Seems like the kid is getting a feel of his own inheritance for now.

DarthArminius
2019-10-01, 10:52 AM
Morgan who had been sitting on the ground and staring at the architecture like a wonderstruck idiot simply raised his hand and asked.

“So... we’re your defenders of Earthrealm then? I hope I’m not the Johnny Cage. No offense to anyone but I don’t want my neck snapped by Bryan Thompson.”

"No. This is not Mortal Kombat, although it is indeed very real. We're in the multiverse. . . a vast, endless stream of universes compose everything that exists. Earth Realm is in one of them."

"In this Earth, things have been mostly normal for centuries. I've been trying to limit the war to mostly unusual circumstances where people from this Earth have to fight."

"Basically, it comes down to this: someone is gathering power to dominate the entire multiverse. They are someone that you really don't want to mess with. Imagine if Adolph Hitler was not only a master of powerful magic, but also a genius and immortal. That would kind of be the threat that's against everyone, everywhere."

Cambion
2019-10-01, 11:11 AM
"No. This is not Mortal Kombat, although it is indeed very real. We're in the multiverse. . . a vast, endless stream of universes compose everything that exists. Earth Realm is in one of them."

"In this Earth, things have been mostly normal for centuries. I've been trying to limit the war to mostly unusual circumstances where people from this Earth have to fight."

"Basically, it comes down to this: someone is gathering power to dominate the entire multiverse. They are someone that you really don't want to mess with. Imagine if Adolph Hitler was not only a master of powerful magic, but also a genius and immortal. That would kind of be the threat that's against everyone, everywhere."
"So why don't you just stop them, you're obviously powerful enough. What can we do you couldn't" Henri asked

She started to pace back and forth. As she does licks of flames dance on her clothes

DarthArminius
2019-10-01, 11:15 AM
"So why don't you just stop them, you're obviously powerful enough. What can we do you couldn't" Henri asked

She started to pace back and forth. As she does licks of flames dance on her clothes

"When you plant seeds in the earth, they start as small seeds. If you come back after hundreds of years, they become magnificent oaks."
"None of you might reach your potential, but altogether, you stand more of a chance than just me alone."
"Another thing is, that you are weak enough that you can kind of fly under the radar, as it were."
"Before you actually go fighting in the war, you'll be more like investigators."
"Your first mission is to find someone, and bring him under my care."

Cambion
2019-10-01, 01:21 PM
"When you plant seeds in the earth, they start as small seeds. If you come back after hundreds of years, they become magnificent oaks."
"None of you might reach your potential, but altogether, you stand more of a chance than just me alone."
"Another thing is, that you are weak enough that you can kind of fly under the radar, as it were."
"Before you actually go fighting in the war, you'll be more like investigators."
"Your first mission is to find someone, and bring him under my care."
Henri listened and the logic was sound if slightly cold. She walked over to a chair and took a seat

"So who are we tracking down?"

DarthArminius
2019-10-01, 02:01 PM
Henri listened and the logic was sound if slightly cold. She walked over to a chair and took a seat

"So who are we tracking down?"

"There's a man out there. He's a wizard. He should be very easy to find, as it turns out he's in London, England, where else, and he's working as a teacher of magic. You just need to get to him and meet him, and ask him why he's endangering the world through announcing his presence."

totadileplayz
2019-10-01, 03:28 PM
"So, is he Merlin?" He asked out loud, trying to think through the possibilities of people that would associate with it, and are wizards, Merlin was of course the most obvious one. Gandalf, and Various Harry potter mages were other possibilities that immediately came to mind, and the possibility of a nonfictional wizard was present in his mind as well/

gac3
2019-10-01, 03:30 PM
"There's a man out there. He's a wizard. He should be very easy to find, as it turns out he's in London, England, where else, and he's working as a teacher of magic. You just need to get to him and meet him, and ask him why he's endangering the world through announcing his presence."

Andrea has been listening to everything, somewhat overwhelmed by her senses as they heighten. She feels better than she ever has before though. Better and yet strange. When she first woke up she could barely stay awake but now she has more energy than she has in ages.

"So do we know where the wizard is? Or do we have to do this old school? Also why is announcing his presence dangerous?"

DarthArminius
2019-10-01, 03:36 PM
"So, is he Merlin?" He asked out loud, trying to think through the possibilities of people that would associate with it, and are wizards, Merlin was of course the most obvious one.

"No. I mean, that's close. He isn't Merlin."

Andrea has been listening to everything, somewhat overwhelmed by her senses as they heighten. She feels better than she ever has before though. Better and yet strange. When she first woke up she could barely stay awake but now she has more energy than she has in ages.

"So do we know where the wizard is? Or do we have to do this old school? Also why is announcing his presence dangerous?"

"The wizard is in a hotel with this address. . . " He materializes a piece of paper with the hotel name. "The Unicorn Hotel". . . It's dangerous that he's letting people know that powerful magic exists on Earth. Usually when this kind of magic shows up on Earth, it means that the war is starting. We don't need to quite get into the fray just yet."
"The man's name is David. David Benjamin White."

thethird
2019-10-02, 06:22 AM
Marc blinks and raises himself from the ground. He is wearing some nice clothes; the shoes are black synthetic leather and albeit expensive they look well used, the pants are also black with a simple clean cut, and he is wearing a shirt with white and blue stripes rolled at the elbows. The thing that looks the most out of places is the cheap shiny paper celebratory mask that he wears pulled up, holding his unruly hair as a diadem. As he rises he adopts a defensive position, before blinking again and becoming a bit self conscious, and relaxing the posture.

"So... what do you want to do with that David Benjamin White? Something that can't be resolved over a phone call? Name is Marc, by the way." He tilts his head to the others who have introduced themselves, feeling himself a bit out of his depth, and being a bit paranoid, but nonetheless keeping himself from being overtly rude.

DarthArminius
2019-10-02, 11:00 AM
Marc blinks and raises himself from the ground. He is wearing some nice clothes; the shoes are black synthetic leather and albeit expensive they look well used, the pants are also black with a simple clean cut, and he is wearing a shirt with white and blue stripes rolled at the elbows. The thing that looks the most out of places is the cheap shiny paper celebratory mask that he wears pulled up, holding his unruly hair as a diadem. As he rises he adopts a defensive position, before blinking again and becoming a bit self conscious, and relaxing the posture.

"So... what do you want to do with that David Benjamin White? Something that can't be resolved over a phone call? Name is Marc, by the way." He tilts his head to the others who have introduced themselves, feeling himself a bit out of his depth, and being a bit paranoid, but nonetheless keeping himself from being overtly rude.

"He never returns his calls. . . and if I showed up, it would be bad for this pocket dimension I have to take care of."
"Anyway, there are portals outside of the Palace that you can take to immediately appear in London. There's no need even to fly."

thethird
2019-10-02, 11:25 AM
"He never returns his calls. . . and if I showed up, it would be bad for this pocket dimension I have to take care of."
"Anyway, there are portals outside of the Palace that you can take to immediately appear in London. There's no need even to fly."

"That would be... expeditive. So, go to London, find this guy that wants to be found, ask him why he wants to be found? Sounds rather easy, doesn't it? Any catch we should be aware?"

DarthArminius
2019-10-02, 11:36 AM
"That would be... expeditive. So, go to London, find this guy that wants to be found, ask him why he wants to be found? Sounds rather easy, doesn't it? Any catch we should be aware?"

"Be careful. I don't think he's a threat himself, but something fishy is going on. I can sense that something dangerous is lurking in the city of London. I don't know if he's apart of the problem, or if he's in danger."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-02, 02:05 PM
A woman with a white cardigan pushes up her black-rimmed glasses to rub some sleep from her eyes. She stares out the window at the London portal. She's been to London before, but it's a big city. She doesn't know it inside and out or anything.

She turns to Mark, reminded that she should probably tell everyone her name before she starts confusing them with memories from conversations she hasn't actually had. "Erica Ketevan. Pleased to meet you."

"You said that Mr. White was, 'announcing his presence.' What did he do?"

DarthArminius
2019-10-02, 04:18 PM
A woman with a white cardigan pushes up her black-rimmed glasses to rub some sleep from her eyes. She stares out the window at the London portal. She's been to London before, but it's a big city. She doesn't know it inside and out or anything.

She turns to Mark, reminded that she should probably tell everyone her name before she starts confusing them with memories from conversations she hasn't actually had. "Erica Ketevan. Pleased to meet you."

"You said that Mr. White was, 'announcing his presence.' What did he do?"

"The problem is that in the magic world, it's a generally agreed practice to rarely teach any more than three or more students at a time. Too much magical knowledge has a very high potential for many different risks. Demons can be attracted to potentially very powerful individuals, magical or not, adding magic to someone's power only increases the interest in someone from a demon's point of view"
"Also, every time a magical Renaissance occurs, the war comes down to Earth."

"What this David is basically doing is announcing the reality of magic to the whole world and is teaching scores of students, by himself, to learn magic."

Noob5674
2019-10-02, 04:20 PM
It’s at that point the kid just flat out lays on the floor. For a while, he’s just there. Maybe he’s listening, maybe he isn’t.

Until everybody is so focused on info and talking, which at that point he slowly begins to roll towards the nearest exit. And just...the low hiss of acid is all that is heard to explain what he’s doing, and even that’s drowned out by the constant talks goin on.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-02, 06:50 PM
"That certainly sounds like he's up to something... okay, we'll check it out." Erica takes for granted that everyone else is agreeing to this. "Everyone ready? Ken? Are you okay down there?"

Poor kid. It's hard to tell whether he feels sick, or scared, or consumed with animalistic bloodlust. Part of Erica wants to leave him be, but she can feel the force beckoning him to join the mission as much as herself. She walks over to examine him.

Arayl
2019-10-02, 07:28 PM
Turning to the man and woman who had introduced themselves and said to them and anyone who happened to be listening, "It's nice to meet you all, I'm Charlotte Trescott"

Noob5674
2019-10-02, 08:04 PM
"That certainly sounds like he's up to something... okay, we'll check it out." Erica takes for granted that everyone else is agreeing to this. "Everyone ready? Ken? Are you okay down there?"

Poor kid. It's hard to tell whether he feels sick, or scared, or consumed with animalistic bloodlust. Part of Erica wants to leave him be, but she can feel the force beckoning him to join the mission as much as herself. She walks over to examine him.
...Alright, looking over at the child, the smell of vomit becomes apparent. Like stomach acid thrown up, one might be thinking the kid threw up.

And they’d be right. As for the reason though, is probably more confusing. The door he’s at now? It has a hole now.

No, not from melting from acid, that’s ridiculous. No, from how it looks, it was ripped apart like the kid bit through it, and with the chewed up wood pieces, he probably did. And being a child, accidentally swallowed and threw back up said Wood pieces.

Honestly, given some time and he’d probably would’ve made a hole big enough for him to wiggle through.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-02, 08:30 PM
"Are you trying to leave?" Erica guesses. It's weird, but she'd be hard-pressed to find anything about this situation that isn't. "The exit's this way! Come on, I'll show you."

Noob5674
2019-10-02, 09:43 PM
"Are you trying to leave?" Erica guesses. It's weird, but she'd be hard-pressed to find anything about this situation that isn't. "The exit's this way! Come on, I'll show you."
Turning his head to face you (Odd...he doesn’t have much of a mess on him, all of it seems to be on the door), he stares with a dead cold stare...

And then tiny flapping sounds starts coming from him and a tiny pair of blue wings make their presence known by flapping and flying slowly in the air.

Like, hovering is more accurate to say for what’s occurring. Although the child does wonder how they know his name. He hasn’t even said a word since this started, much less say his name. Welp, just attribute it to mind reading shenanigans...Ah. He seems to be altering his mind now. Seems to be functioning fine, but he’s basically changing to speaking in Morse code on a mental level.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-02, 10:31 PM
"Um, right. Good! Having wings is cool, right?"

Receiving a skill set puts one in a frustrating situation. Intellectually, Erica inherited a catalogue of monsters and aliens to compare to her new friends' new forms, but she doesn't remember being the people who learned those things and so has no context for the knowledge. It's a little like having amnesia.

Her power tells her that that makes this timeline different from previous ones. This is not useful information.

Still, she tries to stay calm. Professional. And now maternal, apparently. She narrows her eyes at the group's mysterious benefactors as she leads Ken to the portal. They had better be really desperate if they're pulling in shell-shocked 8-year-olds like this.

"...so! How old are you, Ken?"

DarthArminius
2019-10-03, 08:24 AM

Receiving a skill set puts one in a frustrating situation. Intellectually, Erica inherited a catalogue of monsters and aliens to compare to her new friends' new forms, but she doesn't remember being the people who learned those things and so has no context for the knowledge. It's a little like having amnesia.

Her power tells her that that makes this timeline different from previous ones. This is not useful information.

Still, she tries to stay calm. Professional. And now maternal, apparently. She narrows her eyes at the group's mysterious benefactors as she leads Ken to the portal. They had better be really desperate if they're pulling in shell-shocked 8-year-olds like this.

"Oh, um, he's eating pieces of the building now. Just great." Archibald commented. "Great. So, you may want to enjoy the hospitality that I can offer here, before you go. You could stay for a few hours, if you wish. It's not like I can't conjure the creature comforts any of you could dream of at will now."

Noob5674
2019-10-03, 08:31 AM

The kid just continues flapping and for a while, he seems to be ignoring you. No signs of even noticing you... But in reality, he’s still reconfiguring himself and it takes a hefty chunk of himself focused to do so.

He does answer with a somewhat monotone voice though after a few moments from asking.

“...Seven.”

thethird
2019-10-03, 09:54 AM
"Oh, um, he's eating pieces of the building now. Just great." Archibald commented. "Great. So, you may want to enjoy the hospitality that I can offer here, before you go. You could stay for a few hours, if you wish. It's not like I can't conjure the creature comforts any of you could dream of at will now."

"If conjuring wealth it is... I am pretty sure I can do pretty well for myself."

He opens one of his hand and a small portal forms behind it, he then pulls a very simple looking old magnifying glass. Marc smiles and says "Rise". Then from his shadow an humanoid figure comes up, dressed in what appears to be a perfectly fitted waiter garb, with straight black pants, a white shirt and a black vest. His skin though is clearly not human, a mixture of shadow and purplish ectoplasm, shaped in a young man's face.

"Thanks for joining us detective, would you mind taking the case? Find what you can about Mr. White, and why he is teaching magic."

Marc says while grinning and trying not to giggle. This newfound powers are quite useful. The shadow for his part bows into a flourished salute, before departing into the portal to London.

"Assuming this is safe ground I would take the invitation and use the time to assemble my team."

Marc just raised Sherlock Holmes (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Ruler_(Fate/Grand_Order_-_Holmes)) as a shadow (https://solo-leveling.fandom.com/wiki/Shadows)

NineOfSpades
2019-10-03, 01:15 PM
Rikku had been dozing through the new year, utterly spent from celebreating most of the day before, so when she got pulled out of her world and thrown into the void, she was hardly prepared for the trip. Arriving in an oversized t-shirt, her underware, and nothing else, she was struggling to keep things together. She was also missing her glasses, though she was having trouble telling if she still needed them or not. A lot of information and new ideas were filling up her head. It was like her memories were part of a library, and she'd just found a door in her head she'd never noticed, opening up to an entire new wing. Everything she had in her still fit together, there was just a lot more of it to go through. Gave her a bit of a headache.

However, the shiver on her thighs was a nice reminder that despite all the talk of wizards and wars and cosmic forces, she had more immedaiate and mundane problems at hand.

Up until this point, she'd largely been out of the groups focus, which was fine, but her situation was unlikely to improve on its own. Tugging down on the hem of her sleep shirt and trying to cover up as much as possible, she waited for a pause in the dialog to chime in "I'm sorry, but I am really not comfortable fighting evil today without pants or something. Couldn't you have waited till morning to start all this up?"

thethird
2019-10-03, 02:38 PM
"I'm sorry, but I am really not comfortable fighting evil today without pants or something. Couldn't you have waited till morning to start all this up?"

Marc suddenly felt really happy that he had been celebrating when whatever had summoned them here had chosen to do its thing. After all he had taken the custom of sleeping completely naked. He summoned another small gate and finicked inside till he got a warm yellow cloth that appeared to be made of something like silk.

He offered the flustered girl the clothing.

"Sorry, finding pants that are the right size might take some time. You can tie this arround your waist as a skirt."

gac3
2019-10-03, 02:44 PM
"I would also like to get properly dressed," Andrea says realizing that she had been asleep at the time and her shirt and shorts were not what she would normally wear out in public. "I'm Andrea by the way. Nice to meet you all."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-03, 03:34 PM
"Okay, that's true." Erica was so focused on the flying boy that she didn't notice how the others aren't even dressed. She herself was on her way home from a new years' party when she lost consciousness, like Henri apparently was.

Something clicks in her mind about the nature of this mansion-palace-area. "So, we're still wearing whatever we were wearing when we were abducted, even though we're, 'awakened.' I guess that means there's no cognitive effect here?"

No one is going to know what she means by cognitive effect, aside from what can be inferred from context. That's probably just as well. It's nothing more than fantasy technobabble in the first place.

DarthArminius
2019-10-03, 03:53 PM
"Oh. . . how rude of me. I forgot." He snaps his fingers, conjuring clothes for everyone to wear. "There, how is that?"
"Meanwhile, I don't require that you go off within the hour or anything like that. Go ahead and take your time, but it's probably best that you don't take more than a few hours to get going."
"Also, are you sure you have no other questions?"

Xenopax
2019-10-03, 07:03 PM
Conor had been tapping out his latest conspiracy theories on the internet when all this went down and he still wasn't too sure what...exactly was going down. "Are you sure you're not FBI? Perhap CIA?" He piped up. Whenever anything went wrong, it had to be the governments fault. It was a fact of life!

Meanwhile he also had the strongest urge to snap his fingers. Cause some chaos yeah? While he was always up for causing chaos, he felt like perhaps it'd be better not to at the moment?

Arayl
2019-10-03, 07:12 PM
When the others mention wanting to be properly dressed Charlotte realized that she also wasn't dressed for going to visit someone. When their host summoned clothes for the group she felt much better for it as she had gone to bed in a t-shirt and sweatpants.

"I guess not, otherwise those of us not dressed for going out visiting would have noticed and already changed into something more appropriate for it" Charlotte replies to Erica's question.

Cambion
2019-10-03, 07:15 PM
Conor had been tapping out his latest conspiracy theories on the internet when all this went down and he still wasn't too sure what...exactly was going down. "Are you sure you're not FBI? Perhap CIA?" He piped up. Whenever anything went wrong, it had to be the governments fault. It was a fact of life!

Meanwhile he also had the strongest urge to snap his fingers. Cause some chaos yeah? While he was always up for causing chaos, he felt like perhaps it'd be better not to at the moment?
"What!!!! How could the government snatch us and drop us here in the blink of the eye" Henri asked in confusion

She got to her feet and started pacing again. Trying to ignore the slowly growing feeling she had. A burning dryness in her throat

Arayl
2019-10-03, 07:26 PM
"What!!!! How could the government snatch us and drop us here in the blink of the eye" Henri asked in confusion

She got to her feet and started pacing again. Trying to ignore the slowly growing feeling she had. A burning dryness in her throat

"It could be easy for them to do that, just wait till we're in the right phase of sleep and bring us here." Charlotte says when Henri begins to look like they're panicking "Although I doubt it could have been them as our host and his friend have shown they have far more power than any government currently has in their arsenal, if any did the more aggressive one would have most defintely have been using them to further their agendas"

Noob5674
2019-10-03, 08:42 PM
"Oh. . . how rude of me. I forgot." He snaps his fingers, conjuring clothes for everyone to wear. "There, how is that?"
"Meanwhile, I don't require that you go off within the hour or anything like that. Go ahead and take your time, but it's probably best that you don't take more than a few hours to get going."
"Also, are you sure you have no other questions?"
Unlike everybody else, whose clothes were of similar sizes, it appears as if Ken got his own set of clothes since he's one of the youngest among the group...

Who immediately starts chewing on the clothes with 0 regards to everybody else. And unlike with the wooden walls...he seems to be keeping it down smooth. By the time he's eaten like, 4 shirts and a few pants before his body pulses visibly, as a set of white clothes forms on his skin. Anybody with extreme vision can literally see his skin spin a clear string similar to the clothes he's eaten, with his skin having morphed to look odd at a glance, and created his set of clothes within the moments it took.

He pats himself to see if he did the thing correctly and nods before just wandering towards what exit there is of this place.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-03, 10:13 PM
"Hmm."

Erica isn't sure whether she and Charlotte are talking about the same type of themed costume change as far as cognitive effect is concerned, but it's close enough. Her conjured clothes include a black-trimmed winter coat with a hood. "Thank you, Archibald. This should be much better for the London winter."

Meanwhile, two people are talking about Archibald and Elizabeth as though they're not there, and Ken is stripping and completing his transformation as though nothing else matters. To be fair, Ken probably doesn't have much choice in the matter.

...then again, letting him go out with flapping wings is probably a bad idea. She pursues.

"Ken! Hold on for just a second, okay?" She gently puts her hand on his arm, if only to keep track of him while she talks to everyone else. "We need to keep this operation a secret, correct? Or at least, we need to not blatantly advertise that magic is real?"

NineOfSpades
2019-10-04, 10:48 AM
Rikku was happy to have something to wear, and went to the clothing provided. As she found an outfit that looked suspiciously like it came from her own closet, and by suspiciously she really meant 'most definatly' since it looked like her school uniform, she went for that. Not that she really wanted to be strolling through town in her school clothes, but because it was something she knew would fit. As she touched the outfit, it was a strange sort of sensation that overcame her.

Rikku felt sort of...outside herself, like seeing how she currently was. She was very immediately aware of every object she had on her person, where it was, and the qualities it possessed. It was like flipping through a menu, where everything was just clear as day. The uniform in her hand was there as well, and with but a thought, she expressed a desire to put it own.

Rikku didn't change cloths, she just sort of...flexed? A small bounce of motion, and her entire wardrobe had switched, leaving the Pajamas in her hand, and herself flully dressed. Furthermore, she noticed with a sort of abstract disinterest, there was an open....space that was sort of all aroud her. A place to put things she didn't want to use right now. With a similar thought, her pajama outfit vanished, going to the space inside and outside her.

And wow, it wasn't alone there.

Rikku probably would have been taken aback, if all these new experiences didn't feel fully familiar to her. But her storage space was filled with objects. Weapons, armor, shields, accessories, outfits, food, musical instruments...it just went on and on and on. Time didn't really seem to be moving as she looked through it, recognizing everything immediately and understanding its place. She had an entire outlet store worth of goodies on hand.

What brought Rikku back to reality was the sight of the little kid just going to town on the conjured wardrobe and...extruding clothing onto his body. "That...might be the most disgusting thing I've seen in a while" she muttered, backing away a little, feeling a bit ill. She tried to shake it off, but found it a bit odd. This night was proving pretty taxing as far as weird experiences and having to cope with new situations. Like magic being real. That was a new thing. It was a thing she now knew. Heck, those backroom parts of her library told her that it was a thing she could now do, if so inclined. Not even just high-speed-outfit-changing magic either. As a sort of small scale experiment, she willed one of her items into being, conjuring an arcane book filled with cards, which popped into her hand from non-existance. There was a registry in her brain telling her about these wonderous Clow Cards, and what they could do. And memoires, not her memoires, informing her to be cautious not to let them run wild.

"Um, Excuse me, Elizabeth?" Rikku asked, politely but not urgently "This is a lot to take in all at once and I think I might be about to throw up" She stated, rather flatly, then added, with a small inflection of surprise "Yup, that is definitely about to happen", and than proceeded to do so.

DarthArminius
2019-10-04, 11:31 AM
Hours Later
London, Unicorn Hotel

Outside the Unicorn Hotel , there appears to be little going on. There are many cars parked outside, while a few people get inside some of these automobiles and leave. The lobby inside also seems calm, with only a few newcomers waiting to be served by the front counter. Inside this vast Hotel, there is an indoor fountain, with hundreds of pennies inside the waters. The golden looking chandeliers hang over head, and there seems to be a couple arguing with each other. Other than that, there seems to be nothing important going on.

NineOfSpades
2019-10-04, 02:12 PM
"Alright then, this shouldn't be to bad" Rikku commented to nobody in particular, mostly addressing herself. The building seemed nice enough, and all they had to do was go talk to a wizard. That should be fine. Just a nice, friendly conversation. "So...that would make step one finding this wizard. Not to bad." That mental inventory opened up in her head as she thought about the problem, looking for tolls that could help her track down someone or something. She found a few options. One was to turn herself into a wolf, as she recalled it gave her an enhanced sense of smell. That was dismissed, because for one she didn't even know what she'd be smelling for, and for another, she also remembered having a mask that did much the same, no wolf-transformation needed. Even so, no sample of what she was looking for meant no real means of using that method. She had several items which detected hidden secrets, but didn't think they would work to find a person, and seemed better suited to hidden objects or treasures. Other magical methods came to mind, but similarly stumped due to a need for some familiarity with the target. With nothing else for it, Rikku addressed her...associates felt like the only right word "Anybody got a way to track wizards down before we run in there like a bunch of crazy people? Just quick show of hands"

Noob5674
2019-10-04, 02:20 PM
Hours Later
London, Unicorn Hotel

Outside the Unicorn Hotel , there appears to be little going on. There are many cars parked outside, while a few people get inside some of these automobiles and leave. The lobby inside also seems calm, with only a few newcomers waiting to be served by the front counter. Inside this vast Hotel, there is an indoor fountain, with hundreds of pennies inside the waters. The golden looking chandeliers hang over head, and there seems to be a couple arguing with each other. Other than that, there seems to be nothing important going on.
Arriving at the scene, Ken has changed his attire slightly. No, his tiny wings aren't hidden at all. However, he has added something to his full white style.

Held up by a small antenna from his back (It's hidden where it connects to his spine with his clothing), is a small yellow plastic halo. It's made from the same material as some of the buttons he ate as well as some yellow coloring that he bleached out from the clothing.

So instead of looking simply odd, he now looks like a simple child wearing an angel costume...which is still odd but not beyond imagination. He'd more than attract some gazes, but would simply receive a, "How cute" from other guests. Anyways, he simply looks around before noticing the indoor fountain and makes a slow rush over to inspect it while everybody else in the group does their own thing.

Arayl
2019-10-04, 02:37 PM
"I've got a spell that can be used to search for magical sources, but it is rather overt, and if who we're looking for doesn't want to be found would signal to them that someone is searching for them" Charlotte says when Rikku asks if anyone has a way to find their target. "We might have better luck just going up to the front desk and asking for Mr White, we might be lucky and be let up to see him"

DarthArminius
2019-10-04, 03:01 PM
Elizabeth
Elizabeth begins to speak in a normal, somewhat quiet indoor voice to whoever's listening.
"I can sense something enormously powerful here. I can take you to the room without even talking to the front desk."
"Maybe it would be less suspicious if I went to the front desk anyway."
Doing so, she simply waves her hands behind her at the twelve others. "We're here to see David Benjamin White."
The receptionist nods her head and grabs the phone. "Hello, Mister White, they're here to see you." She nods. . . "Okay, come on in, he's upstairs. Room fifteen."

Noob5674
2019-10-04, 03:33 PM
Elizabeth
Elizabeth begins to speak in a normal, somewhat quiet indoor voice to whoever's listening.
"I can sense something enormously powerful here. I can take you to the room without even talking to the front desk."
Doing so, she simply waves her hands behind her at the twelve others. "We're here to see David Benjamin White."
The receptionist nods her head and grabs the phone. "Hello, Mister White, they're here to see you." She nods. . . "Okay, come on in, he's upstairs. Room fifteen."
Simply hearing this, Ken just goes and follows everybody else's lead...and has his arms are dripping with water...

He took an armful of coins from the fountain. I say armful, because he's carrying those coins in his arms and some are dropping with every step and movement he makes.

Cambion
2019-10-04, 04:21 PM
Elizabeth
"That or we could question the lovers having a spat over there" Henri suggested as she pointed at the couple fighting

She glances at the kid with a odd look as she sees his arms

thethird
2019-10-05, 08:26 AM
Hours Later
London, Unicorn Hotel

Before crossing over to London Marc had done his thing, he had taken several of the items stocked within the gate of Babylon and bound the shadow of their owners to him. Currently his shadow was packed with shadows. He had also left some shadows within the gate of Babylon, acting both as reserve and as a means to catalog what's in there. He had played around with both his inventory and the gates of Babylon, getting used to them and transferring items from one to the other and viceversa. When he had felt ready with his skills he had started outfitting himself, by the time he crossed into London he was wearing comfortable and easy to move jeans, a white t-shirt and a black buttoned up trench coat, and a red scarf, his looks were complemented with an unexpected amount of jewelry as he wore a ring on each finger and thumb, as well as a golden earring, and a red stone hanging from a necklace around his neck. Not only his clothing is changed, he looks... more confident, almost regal, walking with secure ease.

Once in London he was reunited with Sherlock who had given reconnaissance and led him to the hotel before joining back into Marc's shadow. As he arrives to the building one of his shadows, emerges, a man wearing a camo cloak and a longbow. "Find a nest and provide cover." The shadow nods and covers himself with the cloak becoming invisible before going up to a different building. "Secure the perimeter." several humanoid shadows wearing all too similar masks and golden weapons leave his shadow hiding in the shadows surrounding the hotel.

Elizabeth

"I can also sense the magical energy, thank you. For that matter since you can detect magical power, can you detect mine?"

When tinkering with his inherited powers he had discovered that he could hide his presence very well, activate stealth so to speak. He didn't know how he knew it but he was pretty certain that he could for certain hide all his magic emanation and conceal the tools he carried on his person.

Shadow's fun time.
A shadow of Semiramis (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Assassin_of_Red) is within the Gates of Babylon and she is starting to build the Gardens of Babylon (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Hanging_Gardens_of_Babylon) using the material wealth within the gates.
The other two shadows within the gates are Lancelot (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Saber_(Fate/Grand_Order_-_Lancelot)) and Leonardo da Vinci (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Caster_(Fate/Grand_Order_-_da_Vinci)) who are cataloging/testing the items within.

The shadow's within Marc's shadow are Galahad (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Galahad), Jeanne d'Arc (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Ruler_(Fate/Apocrypha)), Merlin (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Caster_(Fate/Grand_Order_-_Merlin)) (he has been given the sword of paracelsus (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Sword_of_Paracelsus) and the orb of avarice, coming from sung jin-woo's inventory, doubles magical power of the user), Hassan of the hundred faces (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Assassin_(Fate/Zero)) (having drunk the dangerous game (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Dangerous_Game) and being outfitted with weapons from the gate of babylon), William Tell (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Archer_(Fate/Grand_Order_-_William_Tell)) (who carries Failnaught (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Failnaught) and several presence concealing items including no face may king (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/No_Face_May_King)), Scáthach (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Lancer_(Fate/Grand_Order_-_Sc%C3%A1thach)).

Finally, Richard Lionheart (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Saber_(Fate/strange_fake)) is currently possessing Marc, and he has outfitted himself with Kavacha and Kundala, the rings of solomon (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Skill_(S-Z)#Solomon.27s_Rings), the goddess of war (https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Goddess_of_War) and a philosopher's stone.

Atma-Stand
2019-10-05, 09:50 AM
Before crossing over to London Marc had done his thing, he had taken several of the items stocked within the gate of Babylon and bound the shadow of their owners to him. Currently his shadow was packed with shadows. He had also left some shadows within the gate of Babylon, acting both as reserve and as a means to catalog what's in there. He had played around with both his inventory and the gates of Babylon, getting used to them and transferring items from one to the other and viceversa. When he had felt ready with his skills he had started outfitting himself, by the time he crossed into London he was wearing comfortable and easy to move jeans, a white t-shirt and a black buttoned up trench coat, and a red scarf, his looks were complemented with an unexpected amount of jewelry as he wore a ring on each finger and thumb, as well as a golden earring, and a red stone hanging from a necklace around his neck. Not only his clothing is changed, he looks... more confident, almost regal, walking with secure ease.

Once in London he was reunited with Sherlock who had given reconnaissance and led him to the hotel before joining back into Marc's shadow. As he arrives to the building one of his shadows, emerges, a man wearing a camo cloak and a longbow. "Find a nest and provide cover." The shadow nods and covers himself with the cloak becoming invisible before going up to a different building. "Secure the perimeter." several humanoid shadows wearing all too similar masks and golden weapons leave his shadow hiding in the shadows surrounding the hotel.

"I can also sense the magical energy, thank you. For that matter since you can detect magical power, can you detect mine?"

When tinkering with his inherited powers he had discovered that he could hide his presence very well, activate stealth so to speak. He didn't know how he knew it but he was pretty certain that he could for certain hide all his magic emanation and conceal the tools he carried on his person.

"Hmmmm, so I kinda sense something to but I don't really know what exactly. So! While you do that I'm going to make a an innocent distraction." Morgan says while jostling his messenger bag before approaching.

"Hello! I have a letter that needs to be delivered to a... " He pauses while mock checking his phone. "Mr. White? Er, David Benjamin White. I got told that this needed to be delivered personally. A family matter you know?" Morgan finishes with a simple smile.

All those memories.... were they implanted there by Mr wizard of Oz or...

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-05, 11:46 AM
[Ken] took an armful of coins from the fountain. I say armful, because he's carrying those coins in his arms and some are dropping with every step and movement he makes.

"Put those back," Erica tells Ken assertively. "They're supposed to go to charity."

It looks like she's going to have to watch this kid like a hawk to keep him out of trouble. If mimicking her mother doesn't work, she resorts to force powers. "You don't need them. You should drop them back in the fountain."

Being awakened and determined, Ken's under no real obligation to act on her words, however true and reasonable they may be. But man, that would sure be nice, huh? Not having to carry all those coins everywhere? Not leaving a trail of them behind us that anyone could follow?

totadileplayz
2019-10-05, 12:06 PM
The Man seemed to take stock of his situation, and seeing the arguing couple. Decided to break away from the others after all too many people at one place and you can barely hear yourself think, instead he headed over with purpose. He decided to ask them. "I'm sorry for troubling you, but something seems to be bothering you, and I believe a friendly stranger could help if want someone's else's help in resolving the disagreement. "

DarthArminius
2019-10-05, 12:08 PM
The Man seemed to take stock of his situation, and seeing the arguing couple. Decided to break away from the others after all too many people at one place and you can barely hear yourself think, instead he headed over with purpose. He decided to ask them. "I'm sorry for troubling you, but something seems to be bothering you, and I believe a friendly stranger could help if want someone's else's help in resolving the disagreement. "

The tall dark haired and black eyed man is the first to speak. "This is personal. No offense, stranger, but this is none of your concern. Sorry if it's disturbing you." Then the woman smirks. "Yeah, thank you for your concern, but you need to butt out." Elizabeth, hearing this, nudges @totadileplayz's shoulder.

totadileplayz
2019-10-05, 12:23 PM
"Well, that's not very nice of you. If you're going to get into an argument so publicly, you should expect the public to listen and respond to it. If you wanted privacy there were many ways to achieve it. " He says as his darker desires bubble from within. He phases his body and through it puts one of his hands into both of the couples shoulders. "Now, I want you to apologize."

DarthArminius
2019-10-05, 12:28 PM
The tall, dark man's eyes glow, and suddenly, a force of magical energy slams into him, hard enough to send him flying to the other side of the lobby. The blonde, blue haired and pale skinned woman then looks towards Shamus Reagan and notices that he's still alive. Looking towards Richard, she sighs. "STOP!" She demands.

atomictaco
2019-10-05, 12:43 PM
While all this was going on, another memeber of the group had pratically been a zombie, only finally managing to get enough caffine in his system to wake himself up.

"...this reminds me of collage." Kirov muttered, taking time to reflect on the past events now that he was able to think straight. further reflection made him aware that as of now, he was basically a sentient viral colony. Well now, that makes things interesting.

Noob5674
2019-10-05, 12:52 PM
"Put those back," Erica tells Ken assertively. "They're supposed to go to charity."

It looks like she's going to have to watch this kid like a hawk to keep him out of trouble. If mimicking her mother doesn't work, she resorts to force powers. "You don't need them. You should drop them back in the fountain."

Being awakened and determined, Ken's under no real obligation to act on her words, however true and reasonable they may be. But man, that would sure be nice, huh? Not having to carry all those coins everywhere? Not leaving a trail of them behind us that anyone could follow?
Ken would prove quite dense to any suggestion of being charitable to any cause and doesn't budge. And resorting to the force seemed to work for a second...

Before his shirt split open as a blood red mouth split from stomach and swallowed the coins right out his arms, and any force sense that Erica had, would feel a drastic shift in the child for the second the mouth lashed out. If the kid's feelings were a normal curiosity and slight greed, it would be a simple layer of water over a black ocean of hatred like oil, hatred that bursted in that second and devoured the coins in defiance.

The kid's mind was affected, but there's something lying in his mind that wouldn't stand for any attempt to bend them to their will.

Not that the kid seemed to think much of. He didn't need the coins, but now he doesn't have them. So he just goes back to wandering around on his own. The mouth then slips back to normal, as his shirt seemed to be attached to his skin where the mouth was, it just simply blended back in, with some slight shuffling as the shirt seemed to mend back together seamlessly...

The tall, dark man's eyes glow, and suddenly, a force of magical energy slams into him, hard enough to send him flying to the other side of the lobby. The blonde, blue haired and pale skinned woman then looks towards Shamus Reagan and notices that he's still alive. Looking towards Richard, she sighs. "STOP!" She demands.
Until the other person suddenly pushed one of their group with a force of magic. And tilting his head, Ken just walks over to be in front of the now prone person, and simply glares at the dark man, eye to eye. His eyes seem to narrow to be like that of a lizard.

totadileplayz
2019-10-05, 01:28 PM
Shamus simply reformed, and stood up. And Dusted himself off albeit metaphorically. and He became prepared to Sing!!!!
He Creates a Mic, and starts singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-8xHD7FRss
As He prepares himself for the fight, he turns himself invisible keeping some of his nanobots to play the song where he was previously while having others do similarly all around the room, still intangible he walks up to the man. Prepared to see if he could see or detect him. If he doesn't believe he can spot him, he'd go over to him, and put his hand into his shoulder increase his density to half an ounce, and say "Don't you ever do that again."

atomictaco
2019-10-05, 01:37 PM
Well, if things where going to come down to a fight, there was only one thing to to, as he begun discretly preparing a souped up flesh eating bacteria in his lungs, something that would strip a man to the bone in under a miniute, his perfect control over illness ensuring it would only effect those he wanted it to effect, leaving his allies unharmed. form there, it was as simple as to keep breathing, slowly exhaling more and more. If that man tried anything, he was in for a nasty suprise

DarthArminius
2019-10-05, 01:40 PM
Shamus simply reformed, and stood up. And Dusted himself off albeit metaphorically. and He became prepared to Sing!!!!
He Creates a Mic, and starts singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-8xHD7FRss
As He prepares himself for the fight, he turns himself invisible keeping some of his nanobots to play the song where he was previously while having others do similarly all around the room, still intangible he walks up to the man. Prepared to see if he could see or detect him. If he doesn't believe he can spot him, he'd go over to him, and put his hand into his shoulder increase his density to half an ounce, and say "Don't you ever do that again."

Bethany, the blonde, fair skinned woman and witch, noticed that Shamus was a threat to both Richard and her, teleports both of them to the other side of the room, before Shamus can lay his hands on Richard. Richard, noticing Shamus afterward through divination, looked straight at the invisible Shamus. "I can see you."
Meanwhile, the wizard, David B. White finally entered through the lobby like a normal person instead of using teleportation. He has one blue eye and one green eye, stands a little tall, over six foot one, and has a sleek, muscular body besides, with tanned white skin, and has a black moustache and short black beard. Looking at the protagonists, including Shamus, he speaks with a commanding authority.
"Shut up. All of you. Or ELSE!"
"Now, you will behave yourselves. I know who you are and why you are here. To save this establishment from any further shenanigans, I will answer your questions, somewhere private."

Noob5674
2019-10-05, 01:50 PM
Bethany, the blonde, fair skinned woman and witch, noticed that Shamus was a threat to both Richard and her, teleports both of them to the other side of the room, before Shamus can lay his hands on Richard. Richard, noticing Shamus afterward through divination, looked straight at the invisible Shamus. "I can see you."
Meanwhile, the wizard, David B. White finally entered through the lobby like a normal person instead of using teleportation. He has one blue eye and one green eye, stands a little tall, over six foot one, and has a sleek, muscular body besides, with tanned white skin, and has a black moustache and short black beard. Looking at the protagonists, including Shamus, he speaks with a commanding authority.
"Now, you will behave yourselves. I know who you are and why you are here. To save this establishment from any further shenanigans, I will answer your questions, somewhere private."
Looking to the normal person, Ken just tilts his head as his eyes shift to a normal look...

And then burps up a quarter back into the fountain. No, it was from the mouth on his face, not his chest. That one at least isn't visible at the moment, and even if someone were to remove his clothing, they wouldn't find anything off. No lines where the mouth would split, nothing. And so, no need to worry about seeming odd.

Arayl
2019-10-05, 04:17 PM
In just a few minutes the hotel lobby had descended into chaos and Charlotte seeing that it showed no sign of abating began to solidify the offending parties shadows into tentacles to bind them and hopefully calm them down. Fortunately, before she had did so as the person they were there to see arrived and shouted at everyone to stop what they were doing.

"Thank you, sir, I have no idea why my companions thought it would be a good idea to attack people in the lobby, please lead the way before the more trigger-happy of us decide to ignore your request and continue that little spat" Charlotte says turning to Mr White. Turning to where Seamus had last been seen she continues, "Trying to force your way into another's argument is rather rude of you sir, you could have just asked if you could offer any assistance and left them alone once they refused it, rather than shoving your hands into them and demanding they apologize"

DarthArminius
2019-10-05, 04:22 PM

Elizabeth
The young woman's face turns a pale white. . . "D.d.Daaadd?" She stated in disbelief.

The wizard turns to her and waves his hands as she is suddenly vanished. "Don't worry, she's just fine. I teleported her upstairs and put her in a paralysis spell. She did murder me and my wife, after all. Pay back is a . . . witch?"

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-06, 12:16 AM
Erica recoils and freezes in the wake of several waves in the Force, starting with the dark energy of Ken's rebellious spirit and exacerbated by flashy magic on one side of the room and creeping doom on the other. She hadn't really appreciated the secret world that had been opened up to her until now, and she knows intellectually that this is just a tiny sample of what's ahead.

The sheer chaos of the situation is too much for Erica to react to all at once, inexperienced as she is. She stands aside in a cold sweat as the situation unwinds itself.

Thankfully, the fight only lasts an instant, if it could even be called a fight.

Erica takes a second to check on the singing spot where Seamus used to be. Indeed, he's not there. Some kind of self-sustaining song situation. Erica sighs. Sure. Whatever.

She walks over to join Charlotte and White in the swiftly-shrinking Reasonable Adults Club.

"Funny," she says in reaction to the wizard's pun. "Well, you were clearly more prepared for this meeting than we were. Would you like to fill us in on what's going on?"

Xenopax
2019-10-06, 12:37 AM
Meanwhile Conor? Conor was grabbing anything that looked like he might be able to use it later. Mostly phones and such, although he did grab someones charging Smart Watch too, shoving them into his pockets. he trusted in his powers to keep their focus off him and he chose his targets carefully. Empty desks or people who looked like they both wouldn't notice the absence of their phone, weren't using their phone and/or weren't there and had left their phone behind,

Atma-Stand
2019-10-06, 09:54 AM
Erica recoils and freezes in the wake of several waves in the Force, starting with the dark energy of Ken's rebellious spirit and exacerbated by flashy magic on one side of the room and creeping doom on the other. She hadn't really appreciated the secret world that had been opened up to her until now, and she knows intellectually that this is just a tiny sample of what's ahead.

The sheer chaos of the situation is too much for Erica to react to all at once, inexperienced as she is. She stands aside in a cold sweat as the situation unwinds itself.

Thankfully, the fight only lasts an instant, if it could even be called a fight.

Erica takes a second to check on the singing spot where Seamus used to be. Indeed, he's not there. Some kind of self-sustaining song situation. Erica sighs. Sure. Whatever.

She walks over to join Charlotte and White in the swiftly-shrinking Reasonable Adults Club.

"Funny," she says in reaction to the wizard's pun. "Well, you were clearly more prepared for this meeting than we were. Would you like to fill us in on what's going on?"

"Yeah." Morgan says as he steps away from the receptionist's desk, quietly giving a thumbs up to the worker.

"I mean to be fair, I had no letter for you... but now that your here, what's going on? I mean I personally get it, you being a teaching and what not. That's cool, I support that just uh... you know what lead us to this private meeting room."

DarthArminius
2019-10-06, 10:00 AM
"Yeah." Morgan says as he steps away from the receptionist's desk, quietly giving a thumbs up to the worker.

"I mean to be fair, I had no letter for you... but now that your here, what's going on? I mean I personally get it, you being a teaching and what not. That's cool, I support that just uh... you know what lead us to this private meeting room."

The Wizard's Room
"Okay, first of all, my name is not David Benjamin White. It's actually Franklin Benjamin Arseneau. I'm Elizabeth's Father."
"You see, as it turns out, the Great Wars that Archibald spoke of actually needs me. I'm not just teaching magic. I'm specifically trying to create warriors for the Inheritance Wars. The normal people who don't receive Inheritance specifically need someone like me to teach them how to defend themselves. Guns are not enough in a situation like this."
"As it turns out, there are almost always dead innocents, and a lot of them that start to drop whenever something like this happens throughout history."

Cambion
2019-10-06, 10:05 AM
The Wizard's Room
"Okay, first of all, my name is not David Benjamin White. It's actually Franklin Benjamin Arseneau. I'm Elizabeth's Father."
"You see, as it turns out, the Great Wars that Archibald spoke of actually needs me. I'm not just teaching magic. I'm specifically trying to create warriors for the Inheritance Wars. The normal people who don't receive Inheritance specifically need someone like me to teach them how to defend themselves. Guns are not enough in a situation like this."
"As it turns out, there are almost always dead innocents, and a lot of them that start to drop whenever something like this happens throughout history."

"If what you're doing is on the level, why does Archie want you stopped?" Henri asks as she nurses a bottle of scotch

Though it was pointless, she was working her way past her second bottle. But it seemed getting drunk was no longer possible

DarthArminius
2019-10-06, 10:09 AM
"If what you're doing is on the level, why does Archie want you stopped?" Henri asks as she nurses a bottle of scotch

Though it was pointless, she was working her way past her second bottle. But it seemed getting drunk was no longer possible

"Well see before I came along a few months ago, most people who taught magic like I do almost never had entire class rooms of anything more than several students at once."
"Also, I'm churning out students like products on an assembly line. I only have a little while to teach magic like this, so I can't guarantee that some of us won't go rogue."
"However, I do have a screening process, and there are many students that have powerful magic, so if a few of them go insane with power, or evil, then they can be stopped."

Atma-Stand
2019-10-06, 10:20 AM

The Wizard's Room

Morgan raises his hand. "I think I have an answer, correct me if I'm wrong though. Your using a method to empower people right? So, I'm figuring your not looking at a select group but rather the greater population? If all the memories swimming in my head are any indication, then there are two main reasons I'm thinking of. There maybe more."

Morgan raises his index finger. "Reason 1, resource management. How much power is needed for the process? Where are you going to the get that power? If it's not much then you should be fine, but again what are drawing the powers from, that can cause I guess destabilization right?"

He then raises his middle finger alongside his index making a play at the peace sign. "This one's more pessimistic, resource control. Maybe Archibald wants to be the big man in charge or maybe he doesn't trust enough people to let it get out? I mean that screening process is a great idea but can anyone fudge the system to say X instead of Y?"

DarthArminius
2019-10-06, 10:35 AM
Morgan raises his hand. "I think I have an answer, correct me if I'm wrong though. Your using a method to empower people right? So, I'm figuring your not looking at a select group but rather the greater population? If all the memories swimming in my head are any indication, then there are two main reasons I'm thinking of. There maybe more."

Morgan raises his index finger. "Reason 1, resource management. How much power is needed for the process? Where are you going to the get that power? If it's not much then you should be fine, but again what are drawing the powers from, that can cause I guess destabilization right?"

He then raises his middle finger alongside his index making a play at the peace sign. "This one's more pessimistic, resource control. Maybe Archibald wants to be the big man in charge or maybe he doesn't trust enough people to let it get out? I mean that screening process is a great idea but can anyone fudge the system to say X instead of Y?"

"My inheritance is from Odin, from those Marvel films, and Mister Wednesday , from American Gods. It's easy to at least jump start my students with the power at my disposal. As for the screening process , it is improbable that a student without magic could do what you're suggesting."

Cambion
2019-10-06, 11:31 AM
"Well see before I came along a few months ago, most people who taught magic like I do almost never had entire class rooms of anything more than several students at once."
"Also, I'm churning out students like products on an assembly line. I only have a little while to teach magic like this, so I can't guarantee that some of us won't go rogue."
"However, I do have a screening process, and there are many students that have powerful magic, so if a few of them go insane with power, or evil, then they can be stopped."
"So you could be training kids just to flip and join the other side" Hemri growled, actually growled, in annoyance

"My inheritance is from Odin, from those Marvel films, and Mister Wednesday , from American Gods. It's easy to at least jump start my students with the power at my disposal. As for the screening process , it is improbable that a student without magic could do what you're suggesting."
"Saying you're connected to the shadiest of the gods isn't winning you points"

DarthArminius
2019-10-06, 11:44 AM
"So you could be training kids just to flip and join the other side" Hemri growled, actually growled, in annoyance

"Saying you're connected to the shadiest of the gods isn't winning you points"

"You are worried that there may be traitors defecting to the other side."
"Isn't that the same with any war?"
"Besides, if what you mean by shady is pragmatic, you are absolute right."
"There is no way Earth could survive this war without more warriors to protect it."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-06, 12:40 PM
Having given up on policing the magpies picking pockets in the background, Erica focuses on Ben-Ben the Odin Wizard.

"Archibald seemed convinced that it was you that were attracting the war here in the first place. I still don't quite understand it, beyond that you were somehow advertising Earth's magical potential. Is it possible that you were acting on a self-fulfilling prophecy?"

It doesn't really matter what he says to that. Whatever the cause, the fact remains that some kind of invasion is on the horizon. Erica can feel it, probably the same way Ben-Ben does.

"I have another question. Who is the other side of this war? What do you think they want?"

DarthArminius
2019-10-06, 02:50 PM
Having given up on policing the magpies picking pockets in the background, Erica focuses on Ben-Ben the Odin Wizard.

"Archibald seemed convinced that it was you that were attracting the war here in the first place. I still don't quite understand it, beyond that you were somehow advertising Earth's magical potential. Is it possible that you were acting on a self-fulfilling prophecy?"

It doesn't really matter what he says to that. Whatever the cause, the fact remains that some kind of invasion is on the horizon. Erica can feel it, probably the same way Ben-Ben does.

"I have another question. Who is the other side of this war? What do you think they want?"

"In order to fully answer your questions, there are some complexities that you have to learn. Otherwise, you won't understand. Have any of you ever heard of "Romance of the Three Kingdoms", and are familiar with that era?" He asked.

thethird
2019-10-06, 04:23 PM
"In order to fully answer your questions, there are some complexities that you have to learn. Otherwise, you won't understand. Have any of you ever heard of "Romance of the Three Kingdoms", and are familiar with that era?" He asked.

Everything had happened pretty fast and he hadn't really felt like intervening. When magic had been flung his way he simply used the rings to control it and make sure it didn't hit him too hard, but for the rest he had preferred to stay quiet and under stealth observing what had been going on. When the wizard had revealed himself he had almost done something about it, but ultimately he had kept himself from doing it.

"I am quite familiar with the protagonists of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, I can get you some experts if that would aid what you need to say. Speaking of... I can get you some people to help with screening and getting students. I have some good candidates in mind, if you would like to trade some of that divine juice for them I can get you some Valkyries."

DarthArminius
2019-10-06, 05:05 PM
Everything had happened pretty fast and he hadn't really felt like intervening. When magic had been flung his way he simply used the rings to control it and make sure it didn't hit him too hard, but for the rest he had preferred to stay quiet and under stealth observing what had been going on. When the wizard had revealed himself he had almost done something about it, but ultimately he had kept himself from doing it.

"I am quite familiar with the protagonists of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, I can get you some experts if that would aid what you need to say. Speaking of... I can get you some people to help with screening and getting students. I have some good candidates in mind, if you would like to trade some of that divine juice for them I can get you some Valkyries."

"Throughout the multiverse there are many realms looked over by it's own Overseer. Our particular universe is not ruled by one Overseer, but is kind of divided among a few different factions."

"That is not what I speak, but rather the Multiverse as a whole. You see, eons ago, there was a great conqueror who united many realms through the multiverse, creating the greatest empire that the Multiverse had ever known. He was powerful, smart, and even wise. Under his rule, the people were at peace, prosperous and happy.

"However, over the eons that followed, he mysteriously disappeared. His relatives, in fact, his Clan, now called the Antedeluvians ruled over the Realms as their Overseers. Over time, things began to go wrong. Evil was rising up, not as bad as before the Sovereign Master, but the people were restless."

"The Overseers were opulent, hedonistic, and selfish. People suffered all over the Realms while the Overseers grew fat and content to let them live in pain."
"It forced the hand of rebels to over throw their masters. Overtime, some of the Overseers banded together to destroy the rebellion. In time, the rebellion was put down, and then, an Overlord came. He took the Throne for himself, making the descendants of The Sovereign his puppet Kings."

"The Overlord was over thrown by an alliance of Overseers, one man was a lesser evil, compared to the Overlord, he was ambitious, and ruthless, but in his own way, kind. One man was kind, virtuous and more benevolent, and attracted many unique talents to himself. The third was less kind than the second man, but was in his own way great like the two preceding."

"Overtime, the Three Sovereigns annexed and conquered territories until they were the only three name sake rulers over most of the multiverse."
"We are on the outlying regions of their Empires."

"The time is not quite here, but the time in which we're going to be annexed by one of them is practically at our doorstep. If the wrong power gets to us, then we may be doomed. This is why I am gathering all the power and talent I can."

Noob5674
2019-10-06, 07:29 PM
"Throughout the multiverse there are many realms looked over by it's own Overseer. Our particular universe is not ruled by one Overseer, but is kind of divided among a few different factions."

"That is not what I speak, but rather the Multiverse as a whole. You see, eons ago, there was a great conqueror who united many realms through the multiverse, creating the greatest empire that the Multiverse had ever known. He was powerful, smart, and even wise. Under his rule, the people were at peace, prosperous and happy.

"However, over the eons that followed, he mysteriously disappeared. His relatives, in fact, his Clan, now called the Antedeluvians ruled over the Realms as their Overseers. Over time, things began to go wrong. Evil was rising up, not as bad as before the Sovereign Master, but the people were restless."

"The Overseers were opulent, hedonistic, and selfish. People suffered all over the Realms while the Overseers grew fat and content to let them live in pain."
"It forced the hand of rebels to over throw their masters. Overtime, some of the Overseers banded together to destroy the rebellion. In time, the rebellion was put down, and then, an Overlord came. He took the Throne for himself, making the descendants of The Sovereign his puppet Kings."

"The Overlord was over thrown by an alliance of Overseers, one man was a lesser evil, compared to the Overlord, he was ambitious, and ruthless, but in his own way, kind. One man was kind, virtuous and more benevolent, and attracted many unique talents to himself. The third was less kind than the second man, but was in his own way great like the two preceding."

"Overtime, the Three Sovereigns annexed and conquered territories until they were the only three name sake rulers over most of the multiverse."
"We are on the outlying regions of their Empires."

"The time is not quite here, but the time in which we're going to be annexed by one of them is practically at our doorstep. If the wrong power gets to us, then we may be doomed. This is why I am gathering all the power and talent I can."
Simply following behind, Ken is, as usual, just doing his own thing as everybody else figures out their own plans...However, he does speak out at this time, and for the Force User of the group, that same ocean seemed to overlap with the child's own feelings. Anybody who can see souls can see a malformed lizard overlapping with the kid.

"Why should we trust you on this knowledge? From what I'm hearing, a lot of what you're describing the history of a homeland we never even heard of. A past king who was apparently greater than everyone else united to form said homeland, before vanishing where his servants rise to live lavishly like pigs, as most sentient life tends to do."

His eyes go reptilian for a second and he deadpans while rolling his eyes before continuing. "And then someone came to rule those hogs before being overthrown by the swine working under another, where the original lands of the place were then left unclaimed before the boars are now reclaiming the land under their own banner of command."

He then looks dead at the man. "Now explain exactly where that leaves us? You can speak as many stories as you'd wish." Ken's teeth then begin to visibly crack and elongate. "But we came here for a job to do. You can certainly tell us that the war needs you. I certainly believe you on being the father of the girl we came with, she certainly was shocked enough to be considered good enough evidence. However, if you really do hold such importance, then why not just come and explain it with the person who gave us these inheritances and gave us this job? You certainly can't just expect us to walk away and think our employer to be content with us saying we found an acquaintance of his and gave up after he told us a story. And who knows, perhaps your telling a farce and are working under one of those warlords, building an army on the inside, and plan to do something like a mass summon to ruin things. After all, all we have to go by is your word. And I certainly don't trust anybody." The kid then makes a sneering (https://ctl.s6img.com/society6/img/r4YHxlbitNN6eqLMMMTtWIxL9bA/h_264,w_264/prints/~artwork/s6-original-art-uploads/society6/uploads/misc/3daac292ba654e628ef3fe39a59465ee/~~/golden-sneer-prints.jpg)grin as his eyes are fully reptilian. (682 is a pleasant SCP)

Force sensing the kid will get very mixed signs. If the dark side of the force feels like an ocean of raw ravenous emotion, then Ken is currently having multiple oceans worth of hatred currently swirling around him, some of that hatred seeping into the center 'self' that he is. Honestly, most should've been merged into that ocean easily, however something is keeping the two 'liquids' separate.

DarthArminius
2019-10-06, 07:44 PM
Simply following behind, Ken is, as usual, just doing his own thing as everybody else figures out their own plans...However, he does speak out at this time, and for the Force User of the group, that same ocean seemed to overlap with the child's own feelings. Anybody who can see souls can see a malformed lizard overlapping with the kid.

"Why should we trust you on this knowledge? From what I'm hearing, a lot of what you're describing the history of a homeland we never even heard of. A past king who was apparently greater than everyone else united to form said homeland, before vanishing where his servants rise to live lavishly like pigs, as most sentient life tends to do."

His eyes go reptilian for a second and he deadpans while rolling his eyes before continuing. "And then someone came to rule those hogs before being overthrown by the swine working under another, where the original lands of the place were then left unclaimed before the boars are now reclaiming the land under their own banner of command."

He then looks dead at the man. "Now explain exactly where that leaves us? You can speak as many stories as you'd wish." Ken's teeth then begin to visibly crack and elongate. "But we came here for a job to do. You can certainly tell us that the war needs you. I certainly believe you on being the father of the girl we came with, she certainly was shocked enough to be considered good enough evidence. However, if you really do hold such importance, then why not just come and explain it with the person who gave us these inheritances and gave us this job? You certainly can't just expect us to walk away and think our employer to be content with us saying we found an acquaintance of his and gave up after he told us a story. And who knows, perhaps your telling a farce and are working under one of those warlords, building an army on the inside, and plan to do something like a mass summon to ruin things. After all, all we have to go by is your word. And I certainly don't trust anybody." The kid then makes a sneering (https://ctl.s6img.com/society6/img/r4YHxlbitNN6eqLMMMTtWIxL9bA/h_264,w_264/prints/~artwork/s6-original-art-uploads/society6/uploads/misc/3daac292ba654e628ef3fe39a59465ee/~~/golden-sneer-prints.jpg)grin as his eyes are fully reptilian. (682 is a pleasant SCP)

Force sensing the kid will get very mixed signs. If the dark side of the force feels like an ocean of raw ravenous emotion, then Ken is currently having multiple oceans worth of hatred currently swirling around him, some of that hatred seeping into the center 'self' that he is. Honestly, most should've been merged into that ocean easily, however something is keeping the two 'liquids' separate.

"Eh, well, maybe you'd be content with me returning Archibald's phone calls, lizard boy." Franklin stated. "You know, I'm not sure what you were talking about with the pigs, but I think it has something to do with a book called Animal Farm?"
"Was that it?"

Noob5674
2019-10-06, 07:50 PM
"Eh, well, maybe you'd be content with me returning Archibald's phone calls, lizard boy." Franklin stated. "You know, I'm not sure what you were talking about with the pigs, but I think it has something to do with a book called Animal Farm?"
"Was that it?"
Ken...His eyes and teeth return to normal as if nothing happened before he looks back, albeit with a different kind of look on his face. One of...confusion if I had to say.

"What's Animal Farm?" (This is what happens when genius immortal lizard gets inherited by a dumb kid) He then gets distracted by something (It's nothing) and then wanders around the room for others to ask questions of their own.

atomictaco
2019-10-06, 10:40 PM
While all this chatter was going on, Kirov was occupied experimenting with his powers, manufacturing and then destroying several different viral agents, and was current working on combining two in particular that also happened to make up the bulk of his form together.

mixing Blacklight and the T-virus, into something new, taking the best qualities form both, while making sure any resulting abominations would be loyal to him. He would dub it, T-light.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-06, 10:44 PM
Well. That was anticlimactic.

He seems to be a Persona user? Or... something like that. That dragon is clearly a fiend of the Dark Side. Ken's own personality isn't solid enough to control it yet.

"He does raise a valid question, Mister Arsenau. Why haven't you returned Archibald's calls?"

DarthArminius
2019-10-06, 10:47 PM
Franklin Benjamin Arseneau
"He doesn't know it's me that's David Benjamin White. In fact, I no longer care if he knows, I had just discovered before you got here that some things in the war have changed."
"Anyway, I masked my identity because Archibald is my former teacher. He would be exceptionally angry if he knew that I was the one doing this."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-07, 04:17 PM
"...right. So, to clarify: you had a sense that this entire world was at stake in a war it cannot fight, and you avoided involving a fellow god that you knew had a shared interest in protecting it because you were worried that he might not like your first idea of how to handle the situation? Does it not really have something to do with your Elizabeth, who he was working with, and who you mentioned killed you and your wife at some point?"

At this point, something tells Erica that this line of questioning is probably a waste of time. There are more important things to be doing than picking apart Franklin and Elizabeth's maladjusted family situation.

...but she can't help it. It's what she would be doing if she were still a normal person.

Arayl
2019-10-07, 05:01 PM
"Would this be anger that you didn't think to come to him for assistance or anger that you're doing it at all?" Charlotte asks after Ken's outburst about humans being pigs although a memory in the back of her mind thought it would have been better to compare them to sheep, after all when faced with something larger and more powerful than them they ran and tried to find someone to help them.

DarthArminius
2019-10-07, 08:52 PM
"...right. So, to clarify: you had a sense that this entire world was at stake in a war it cannot fight, and you avoided involving a fellow god that you knew had a shared interest in protecting it because you were worried that he might not like your first idea of how to handle the situation? Does it not really have something to do with your Elizabeth, who he was working with, and who you mentioned killed you and your wife at some point?"

At this point, something tells Erica that this line of questioning is probably a waste of time. There are more important things to be doing than picking apart Franklin and Elizabeth's maladjusted family situation.

...but she can't help it. It's what she would be doing if she were still a normal person.

"Would this be anger that you didn't think to come to him for assistance or anger that you're doing it at all?" Charlotte asks after Ken's outburst about humans being pigs although a memory in the back of her mind thought it would have been better to compare them to sheep, after all when faced with something larger and more powerful than them they ran and tried to find someone to help them.

"If need be. I'll go with you and/or return Archibald's calls. Here, I'll just snap my fingers and we'll all be there."
"Oh, and please be careful in the future. Try not to advertise your powers to the world."

Cambion
2019-10-07, 08:57 PM
"If need be. I'll go with you and/or return Archibald's calls. Here, I'll just snap my fingers and we'll all be there."
"Oh, and please be careful in the future. Try not to advertise your powers to the world."
"Please be on the level, I'd rather not have to hurt you right now" Henri warned

She got up and walked over to the others, grabbing another bottle as she went

"I've gotta find something to actually eat"

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-08, 11:17 AM
Erica is visibly irritated at Franklin's last line. The wizard was just saying how the world needed to be prepared for all of this soon enough anyway, so there's no way to interpret it except as a taunt. She has no rebuttal for it, though. If success hinged on being stealthy or tactful, then this team was set up to fail. Henri is still just taking stuff from the bar, and she's one of the sane ones.

Erica sighs and lets it go. "Alright, let's head back then."

DarthArminius
2019-10-08, 11:45 AM
The Palace
Elizabeth, Franklin, and the protagonists were all currently in Archibald's magical palace. Surprised to him, Archibald at first had a smile on his face, and the two wizard's seemed to exchange information with each other mentally. Then, however, Archibald limped over on his cane and nearly smacked Franklin's smile off his face. "You gave an oath to teach cautiously, Frank. Do you realize you've brought war to Earth -" Franklin cut him off, "Actually, Archibald, the war is already here. I've merely kept it from erupting on the planet's surface." Archibald looked a little confused. "What are you saying, Frank?" He asked, before the other man continued. "The truth is, I've been taking care of spies on Earth and keeping them from sending information to their Realm. You see Archibald, without doing that, we would have been at the front lines all along."
"These spies have been here for three years, assassinating and sabotaging, and doing other nasty things."

Archibald raises his brow. "Why have you kept all this from me?" Franklin then responds , "I've been spying on them."
"The problem has grown much worse. Instead of being recruited into the Inheritance Wars, we are in danger of a brutal assault on our planet."
"For three years, The Sovereign's forces has been attempting to take out people like us, so no one could stop them when they invaded or took us over."

So Archibald has a look of continued annoyance. "SO why haven't you been telling me what you've been doing?"
Franklin then responds. "First of all, Archibald, I am a blood relative of The Emperor."
Archibald gets a pale look on his face. Several seconds pass as Archibald waits for his own shock to wear off, before he waves his right hand, vanishing Franklin to an unknown location inside his dimension, and turning to the protagonists.

"Ooookay. Change of plans."

"There has been a rash of disappearances of important members of the supernatural community lately. Now we know why."
"Franklin has told telepathically informed me of the next targets. I need to you to find Martha Cunningham, a powerful witch, living in a place called Haven, Maine. There's a portal leading there."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-08, 04:47 PM
Part of Erica wants to ask what just happened. Why they both seemed fine keeping this all from each other and from everyone else until a moment ago. Why their vanishing club of secret magicians wasn't worth mentioning until now, but is suddenly urgent enough that they need to push the lot of us out the door. Why they seem so confident telling random strangers to run their errands for them.

Another part of her already has an answer, though it's probably not one the wizards can articulate. At the hotel, most of the group couldn't keep track of what was happening well enough to act on it, so they just gave up. Without some kind of direction, the party's determination could simply run out, and that would be it for this timeline.

...Erica can't afford to let that happen.

"You said targets? As in, the plural?" she asks. "There are enough of us here that we could split up and cover more than one at a time."

thethird
2019-10-08, 04:59 PM
Part of Erica wants to ask what just happened. Why they both seemed fine keeping this all from each other and from everyone else until a moment ago. Why their vanishing club of secret magicians wasn't worth mentioning until now, but is suddenly urgent enough that they need to push the lot of us out the door. Why they seem so confident telling random strangers to run their errands for them.

Another part of her already has an answer, though it's probably not one the wizards can articulate. At the hotel, most of the group couldn't keep track of what was happening well enough to act on it, so they just gave up. Without some kind of direction, the party's determination could simply run out, and that would be it for this timeline.

"You said targets? As in, the plural?" she asks. "There are enough of us here that we could split up and cover more than one at a time."

"I agree with her."

Marc was moody, too focused inward. If there was a war brewing, and it looked like there was one coming what he actually wanted to do was go home. Set some defenses. If he could keep the people close to him then he could probably focus better on saving the world at large. He was quite certain that he could go to Barcelona, drop some protections, and then get back pretty fast.

"More efficient."

Less people to keep watch on him while he made his quick trip.

DarthArminius
2019-10-08, 05:30 PM

"I agree with her."

Marc was moody, too focused inward. If there was a war brewing, and it looked like there was one coming what he actually wanted to do was go home. Set some defenses. If he could keep the people close to him then he could probably focus better on saving the world at large. He was quite certain that he could go to Barcelona, drop some protections, and then get back pretty fast.

"More efficient."

Less people to keep watch on him while he made his quick trip.

"Well Martha Cunningham is in Haven, Maine, the second target, Wei Huang, is in a small town in New Mexico, called Aztec. Wei Huang is a powerful martial artist."
"Wei Huang, I'm told is situated just outside Aztec in his own private estate. He just got there."

Noob5674
2019-10-08, 11:54 PM
"Well Martha Cunningham is in Haven, Maine, the second target, Wei Huang, is in a small town in New Mexico, called Aztec. Wei Huang is a powerful martial artist."
"Wei Huang, I'm told is situated just outside Aztec in his own private estate. He just got there."
Spasming a little, the kid's eyes..don't turn quite reptilian, but the color does shift so that it's clear who's running the seat at the moment.

"And so? What exactly are we supposed to be doing to them? Also, asking in advance but," the kid smiles before picking bits of nothing out of his teeth, which are sharpening as he does so. "What exactly are we being paid in? I certainly hope it's not the satisfaction of a job well done, because that does not fill a stomach as much, and poor folks like me have to make do with whatever we find, yes?"

DarthArminius
2019-10-09, 10:11 AM
Spasming a little, the kid's eyes..don't turn quite reptilian, but the color does shift so that it's clear who's running the seat at the moment.

"And so? What exactly are we supposed to be doing to them? Also, asking in advance but," the kid smiles before picking bits of nothing out of his teeth, which are sharpening as he does so. "What exactly are we being paid in? I certainly hope it's not the satisfaction of a job well done, because that does not fill a stomach as much, and poor folks like me have to make do with whatever we find, yes?"

"Ah, well, you're being paid in Power. Actually." Archibald states matter of factly. "The more you defend the Earth in this way, the more you will be rewarded with your Inheritance."

Noob5674
2019-10-09, 01:26 PM

"Ah, well, you're being paid in Power. Actually." Archibald states matter of factly. "The more you defend the Earth in this way, the more you will be rewarded with your Inheritance."
Nodding, the kid's eyes narrow and he asks, "Do we happen to get rewarded for getting Franklin here? Also, I'd prefer to know exactly what we're supposed to do to each of our targets. Just knowing what they are does little to explain why they're an issue."

DarthArminius
2019-10-09, 01:29 PM
Nodding, the kid's eyes narrow and he asks, "Do we happen to get rewarded for getting Franklin here? Also, I'd prefer to know exactly what we're supposed to do to each of our targets. Just knowing what they are does little to explain why they're an issue."

"Well, as for the targets, they aren't our targets, they are the enemy targets. We need to make sure they are protected , and not dead."
"As for getting rewarded, I suppose I can think of rewarding you all with something else other than your Inheritance Powers. I can't just buff you all out on magic all the time."

atomictaco
2019-10-09, 03:27 PM
"Well, as for the targets, they aren't our targets, they are the enemy targets. We need to make sure they are protected , and not dead."
"As for getting rewarded, I suppose I can think of rewarding you all with something else other than your Inheritance Powers. I can't just buff you all out on magic all the time."

"by protect, do you mean bring them into a form of protective custody, or are we to help them hunker down and eather the oncoming storm?" Kirov asked, looking for clarifcation.

DarthArminius
2019-10-09, 04:06 PM
"by protect, do you mean bring them into a form of protective custody, or are we to help them hunker down and eather the oncoming storm?" Kirov asked, looking for clarifcation.

"Well, if they are under attack, you are to defend them. If not, it would be best if they were put in protective custody."

Arayl
2019-10-09, 04:28 PM
At the mention of being given something more than just power the part of her that had agreed with Ken perked up a bit and her eyes became a deep red

"So we become more powerful and we also get other rewards, this saving the world thing is sounding better and better the more I hear about it. We do have a large group here so it could be possible for us to go after both of them at the same time"

DarthArminius
2019-10-09, 04:39 PM
At the mention of being given something more than just power the part of her that had agreed with Ken perked up a bit and her eyes became a deep red

"So we become more powerful and we also get other rewards, this saving the world thing is sounding better and better the more I hear about it. We do have a large group here so it could be possible for us to go after both of them at the same time"

"Well, I just assumed you would help since the Legends of the Inheritance Wars said you would, I didn't think you were figuring out what was in it for you."
"Anyway, I suggest you split the team up into two different teams."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-09, 04:42 PM
Erica winces again at the explanation for how this power is accrued. It's not a lie, but there is a very important omission. Would it not be better to disclose it now, rather than invite an inevitable betrayal when it is discovered?

The topic changes before she's decided to say anything.

"So, plan A is to convince them to come here," Erica adds to the plan. "We need to get them together to make our plans for the future, anyway."

She counts the available personnel, not including Archibald or any of Frankie's team, then steps to one side. "Alright! Everyone on this side of the room, follow me to New Mexico. Everyone else go with Elizabeth to Haven. Any objections?"

Team Light:
Guns: Erica (32, Lawyer, Durdlemancer)
Arayl: Charlotte (25, Tinker, Sentai)
Taco: Kirov (24, Doctor, Mutageneticist)
Gac: Andrea (16, Sheltered Child, Robot Clone)
Nine: Rikku (16, Naive Child, Weapons Master)
Totadile: Shamus (22, Cop, Self-replicator)

Team Dark:
Darth: Elizabeth (18, Second-generation Wizard)
Xeno: Conor (25, Pre-awakened Luckhaver)
Third: Marc (31, Engineer, Summoner)
Cambion: Henri (27, Brawler, Vampire)
Atma: Morgan (24, Bicyclist, Demon Guy)
NEET: Ken (7, Apathetic Child, Murderbeast)

DarthArminius
2019-10-09, 07:54 PM
Just outside the small town of Aztec

Teleporting to the Estate of Wei Huang, you see the man fighting what appears to be a large number of armed people, some with weapons like swords and knives, and others with fire arms. The men and women with fire arms only seem to be cutting off any escape routes from the martial artist as he fights off the ever encroaching number of baddies. You also can't help but notice that all of you are inside a large blue energy field. What this energy field does, you currently have no idea.

Haven, Maine
Teleporting to Haven, Maine, you all appear right in front of the Haven, Herald, the local newspaper. Everything in town seems quiet, with no especially weird looking events going on. Except for you. A couple of policemen notice the assembled group of protagonists and one of them motions for you to come with them.

thethird
2019-10-10, 05:26 AM
Erica winces again at the explanation for how this power is accrued. It's not a lie, but there is a very important omission. Would it not be better to disclose it now, rather than invite an inevitable betrayal when it is discovered?

The topic changes before she's decided to say anything.

"So, plan A is to convince them to come here," Erica adds to the plan. "We need to get them together to make our plans for the future, anyway."

She counts the available personnel, not including Archibald or any of Frankie's team, then steps to one side. "Alright! Everyone on this side of the room, follow me to New Mexico. Everyone else go with Elizabeth to Haven. Any objections?"

Team Light:
Guns: Erica (32, Lawyer, Durdlemancer)
Arayl: Charlotte (25, Tinker, Sentai)
Taco: Kirov (24, Doctor, Mutageneticist)
Gac: Andrea (16, Sheltered Child, Robot Clone)
Nine: Rikku (16, Naive Child, Weapons Master)
Totadile: Shamus (22, Cop, Self-replicator)

Team Dark:
Darth: Elizabeth (18, Second-generation Wizard)
Xeno: Conor (25, Pre-awakened Luckhaver)
Third: Marc (31, Engineer, Summoner)
Cambion: Henri (27, Brawler, Vampire)
Atma: Morgan (24, Bicyclist, Demon Guy)
NEET: Ken (7, Apathetic Child, Murderbeast)

Before slipping trough the portal Marc directs mentally his shadows, a different version of Hassan sticks to each of the other inheritors' shadow as well as one hides in the dark corners of where they stand.

"Good luck everyone, let's meet back here and see how it goes."

Then he activates stealth and crosses into the portal.

Haven, Maine
Teleporting to Haven, Maine, you all appear right in front of the Haven, Herald, the local newspaper. Everything in town seems quiet, with no especially weird looking events going on. Except for you. A couple of policemen notice the assembled group of protagonists and one of them motions for you to come with them.

He sees the cop spot the rest of the team as they arrive. He is thankful for being stealthed and simply evades notice. Once he is certain that he is far from anyone that can see him he summons Medea's shadow, and with her teleports to the outskirts of town. Where he brings forth a stealth airship from the gates of Babylon along with Lancelot.

"Lionheart, it's been a pleasure having you riding shotgun." He says as Richard I stops possessing him and materializes at his side giving a regal nod, it is then Lancelot who goes in him. "Interesting... it does feel different."

He goes into the cockpit and as he takes the controls of the airplane and starts pumping mana into it. A knight shouldn't be empty handed of course, and a king even less. He soon turns it into a powerful conceptual construct, a weapon, a chariot, a comet. And then he poured his and Lancelot's soul into it, turning it into a pure thought. Flight is exhilarating, flying at the speed of thought and invisible is incredible. Before he realized he was in Barcelona. There he summoned several of his shadows, to keep tabs on his family and friends, at least alerting him of any potential danger.

Then making sure that his family is covered he unsummons the plane, back into the gate of Babylon, and activates shadow exchange, changing places with Medea back in mine. He makes a mental ping with Medea, making sure that she is to keep tabs on her family and coordinate the shadows there, while he focuses on observing his surroundings. The return trip was even faster than on his way out, traveling instant. He could perceive where the shadows that he had left where the party were, and he started walking towards those while stealthed.

Arayl
2019-10-10, 04:37 PM
As the group is leaving Charlotte notices something attach to her shadow, but decides to leave it for later thinking it was one of the others keeping an eye on her group. Once her group were through the portal to their destination she noticed that the person they were there to find fighting off a group of attackers.

"Looks like things got a bit busy before we got here, shall we shift the balance in the homeowner's favor?" Charlotte says as she produces a rectangular object from behind her back, placed it on her waist where a belt materialized to attach it to her, and she inserted two small bottles into it, a red one on the left and a blue one on the right. Moving a few steps away from the group she began spinning the crank on the belt's side and as she did so clear pipes extruded from it forming a frame work in front and behind her with a red humanoid form in front of her and a blue one behind her. A voice from the belt asked her if she was ready and once Charlotte affirms she is the two halves slam together over her form with the announcement of, "Hagane no Moonsault! RabbitTank! Yeahhh!"

Once she was fully transformed she looked for the nearest attackers to her, once she saw them she shot near them with the strange looking gun she was holding in her right hand, hoping to draw at least a few of them away from the martial artist.

Noob5674
2019-10-10, 05:29 PM
Haven, Maine
Looking boredly around, the kid notices the policemen and looks at everybody else for what they're gonna do...is what I'd prefer he'd have done, but no one-sentance posts, so he's probably gonna do something worse.

He walks up to the policemen with a curious shine to his eyes...and a tough layer of leather is forming under his clothes.

atomictaco
2019-10-10, 05:34 PM
Just outside the small town of Aztec

Teleporting to the Estate of Wei Huang, you see the man fighting what appears to be a large number of armed people, some with weapons like swords and knives, and others with fire arms. The men and women with fire arms only seem to be cutting off any escape routes from the martial artist as he fights off the ever encroaching number of baddies. You also can't help but notice that all of you are inside a large blue energy field. What this energy field does, you currently have no idea.

Haven, Maine

"so... should we intervene?" Kirov asks, activating both Armor Musclemass just in case.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-10, 06:01 PM
Aztec, New Mexico, USA - "Team Light"

While Charlotte is preparing her magical girl mech suit, Erica scans the gathered mob to find what is driving so many people to this place at once...

...but it's nothing. Not even their own volition. If they ever had souls to spare, they've been carved out entirely. Whatever mechanism is left in their place is too simple for Erica to detect, much less reason with.

"Don't hold back!" she tells her teammates. "These are all robots or zombies or something."

She takes advantage of the mooks' apparent single-mindedness and rushes through the crowd to find the person they're ganging up on. "Huang, I presume? Archibald sent us."

Erica does not really have a plan beyond talking to Huang here, but thanks to some combination of enemy incompetence and force shenanigans the incoming fire doesn't seem to be hitting her at all. There's a reason the wizard said guns wouldn't be enough.

atomictaco
2019-10-10, 09:45 PM
While Charlotte is preparing her magical girl mech suit, Erica scans the gathered mob to find what is driving so many people to this place at once...

...but it's nothing. Not even their own volition. If they ever had souls to spare, they've been carved out entirely. Whatever mechanism is left in their place is too simple for Erica to detect, much less reason with.

"Don't hold back!" she tells her teammates. "These are all robots or zombies or something."

She takes advantage of the mooks' apparent single-mindedness and rushes through the crowd to find the person they're ganging up on. "Huang, I presume? Archibald sent us."

Erica does not really have a plan beyond talking to Huang here, but thanks to some combination of enemy incompetence and force shenanigans the incoming fire doesn't seem to be hitting her at all. There's a reason the wizard said guns wouldn't be enough.

"well then..." Kirov charged in, intent to absorb as many of them as possible fo biomass, and if the brain was still intact, possibly gain their memrories and figure out who did this to them.

DarthArminius
2019-10-10, 10:22 PM

"I was meditating outside when all of a sudden I was shot with some kind of shot gun. That would kill most people, but I noticed that there's this army here all chipping in to kill me."
"Anyway, please help me get rid of them. Look out, there's more coming!" He turns his back and appears to be channeling a blue ball of energy to unleash on the enemies. Over a dozen are getting closer."

Cambion
2019-10-10, 10:28 PM
Looking boredly around, the kid notices the policemen and looks at everybody else for what they're gonna do...is what I'd prefer he'd have done, but no one-sentance posts, so he's probably gonna do something worse.

He walks up to the policemen with a curious shine to his eyes...and a tough layer of leather is forming under his clothes.
Henri followed up behind, not sure what the cops wanted, tightened her fists behind her back and readied for a fight. With a smile on her face ahe spoke first

"Is there something wrong officers?"

DarthArminius
2019-10-10, 10:46 PM
Henri followed up behind, not sure what the cops wanted, tightened her fists behind her back and readied for a fight. With a smile on her face ahe spoke first

"Is there something wrong officers?"

"You guys seem to be new. Have you come to escape The Troubles?"
The man asks. He wonders if these newcomers have even ever heard of The Troubles."

Cambion
2019-10-10, 11:04 PM
"You guys seem to be new. Have you come to escape The Troubles?"
The man asks. He wonders if these newcomers have even ever heard of The Troubles."
"Troubles? Probably, what's happening exactly and do you need any help"

Henri felt like whatever was worrying the cops was exactly the type of thing they were there to stop

DarthArminius
2019-10-10, 11:31 PM

Henri felt like whatever was worrying the cops was exactly the type of thing they were there to stop

"Well, we couldn't help but notice that the way you travel is not the way most people travel. At least, we assume you were traveling when you suddenly appeared out of nowhere, literally, in front of the Haven Herald."

"The Troubles, they are supernatural abilities that manifest in someone during moments of great trauma. They are a curse. We call these, "The Troubles". Haven is generally a safe place for Trouble People, hence the name."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2019-10-11, 01:55 AM
Erica takes a deep breath as the enemies approach. Her teammates seem to be taking them out by the dozen, which apparently involves eating them in Kirov's case. This has pretty much stopped the hail of gunfire she was dodging, but that still means trusting her and Huang to handle the ones that are already upon them.

"Right. I'll..." Erica hopes her inheritance will automatically finish this sentence for her, but no dice."...I'll think of something."

The flash of Huang's Kameameha buys her some time, and the shadow cast by the light of the blast reminds her of something she noticed Marc doing before he left for Maine.

She looks down at her own shadow. There's some kind of monster soul here, alright. Her instinct tells her it's called a, 'Hassan.' Erica has a cousin named Hasan, but it's probably a coincidence.

Atk: 20 Def: Lots
* A Shadow of an Assassin-class Servant.
* It's not just a shadow, is it...?
* You ask the Hassan if they can help with the fight.
* It does not seem much for conversation.
"I... do not... remember..."
* Who?

On the plus side, I'll never be able to completely ignore how insane this situation is.

As Huang fights off the zombies trampling through his garden, Erica is confronted with some that ran around to flank him while she was occupied. With a sweep of her hand, a wave of force throws them backwards into each other.

Cambion
2019-10-11, 04:09 PM
"Well, we couldn't help but notice that the way you travel is not the way most people travel. At least, we assume you were traveling when you suddenly appeared out of nowhere, literally, in front of the Haven Herald."

"The Troubles, they are supernatural abilities that manifest in someone during moments of great trauma. They are a curse. We call these, "The Troubles". Haven is generally a safe place for Trouble People, hence the name."
'An entire town of people cursed with superpowers, that's just a disaster of epic proportions' Henri thought to herself

"We were sent by a......concerned party, who I believe, wants us to assist in any way possible"

Quickly putting out her hand and a smile on her face, she introduced herself

"Henri McCain"

Noob5674
2019-10-11, 04:23 PM

'An entire town of people cursed with superpowers, that's just a disaster of epic proportions' Henri thought to herself

"We were sent by a......concerned party, who I believe, wants us to assist in any way possible"

"Henri McCain"
Listening in on the conversation...the kid's mind is working both the thought that there might be someone here doing this and exactly why one would, seeing how it's unlikely as hell that someone would just spontaneously gain powers once all of the war is starting to go on the rise. Unlikely it's someone trying to make an army in mind, from what the police are saying it's something happening all over the place and that'd be a horrible way of building an actual army of people with superpowers, and they're just simply gathering here since it's 'safe'.

Someone might be trying to do that here knowing they're gathering, but it's still unlikely to be the big plan behind this all.

Meanwhile, the other part of the kid's head is wondering just what would a shadow taste like. Also, he's not introducing himself. He hasn't before, he's not doing it now.

thethird
2019-10-11, 05:38 PM

"Henri McCain"

Marc can see that the group is dealing with the cops, so he remains stealthed observing from afar. A full town of troubled people? Sounds like someone has been handling powers easily. It might prove interesting to see if he could find one of those, and get more power. Unobtrusively he summons Sherlock once again.

"Find whatever is causing this super power pandemic. Sounds like something I would like to get my hands on."

As Sherlock disappears he focuses on observing his team. The kid and the punk girl approached the cops. The kid unsettled Marc, he... it was not... normal. If any of them were. The blonde, who had caused her fair share of trouble was remaining silent, thank god for small blessings. The last member of their little group, the messenger boy was standing by her. He could have sworn there was someone else, too, but now he wasn't so sure. Perhaps he had left with the other group?

He focused his senses on the shadows he had left with the others.

Erica takes a deep breath as the enemies approach. Her teammates seem to be taking them out by the dozen, which apparently involves eating them in Kirov's case. This has pretty much stopped the hail of gunfire she was dodging, but that still means trusting her and Huang to handle the ones that are already upon them.

"Right. I'll..." Erica hopes her inheritance will automatically finish this sentence for her, but no dice."...I'll think of something."

The flash of Huang's Kameameha buys her some time, and the shadow cast by the light of the blast reminds her of something she noticed Marc doing before he left for Maine.

She looks down at her own shadow. There's some kind of monster soul here, alright. Her instinct tells her it's called a, 'Hassan.' Erica has a cousin named Hasan, but it's probably a coincidence.

* Who?

On the plus side, I'll never be able to completely ignore how insane this situation is.

As Huang fights off the zombies trampling through his garden, Erica is confronted with some that ran around to flank him while she was occupied. With a sweep of her hand, a wave of force throws them backwards into each other.

One of the shadow's is eager to fight motivated. Marc stands silently closing his eyes to a focused slit. Trouble is brewing in New Mexico, for a moment he is tempted to teleport there and fight, but after all he might as well be needed here. He let's the shadow of his that wants to fight know that it can do so. He will happily gather some knowledge on what the enemies capabilities might be.

DarthArminius
2019-10-12, 01:18 PM

* Who?

Each time one of the souless individuals dies, whether through a broken neck, or even an exploded body. The bodies appear to simply reconstitute themselves. Wei turns to Erica. . . "Oh, I forgot to mention, that's what happens when they die."

"Henri McCain"

He takes Henri's hand and shakes in a friendly manner.
"The curses are back. After four years of quiet and peace in Haven, they have returned. The people in Haven are beginning to panic, and worst of all, over two hundred children have mysteriously slipped into a coma. "

Cambion
2019-10-12, 10:30 PM
He takes Henri's hand and shakes in a friendly manner.
"The curses are back. After four years of quiet and peace in Haven, they have returned. The people in Haven are beginning to panic, and worst of all, over two hundred children have mysteriously slipped into a coma. "
Henri gives a firm shake back and scrunched up her brows

"What are the children's symptoms? Are there any common factors amongst them? Is there any record of a Trouble causing something like this before?"

Henri wondered if this was more on their side of a problem or another Sin or worse, another Inheritor. But another thought occurred to her then

"This is Ken" she gestured to her companion. "Don't let his appearance fool you, he's a capable fighter"

DarthArminius
2019-10-13, 05:51 PM
Erick Manstein

Archibald conjured another man. This one named Erick Manstein. . . "Hello. . . I see you're up." the wizard stated. "Welcome to my Palace."
"I assume you have many questions why you are here."

5ColouredWalker
2019-10-13, 06:07 PM
Erick Manstein

Looking rather like a cybernetic Anubis with flesh coloured rubber bands for muscles, Erick makes it most of the way through raising his plasma canon towards Archibald before stopping, but it continues to glow blue like it's primed.
"I believe better questions are, Why do I look like this? What are these voices in my head? And who the hell are you?"

Erick ***** his head up and to the right.
'Can you lot please stop shouting! It's hurting my head!'

DarthArminius
2019-10-13, 07:03 PM
Erick Manstein

Looking rather like a cybernetic Anubis with flesh coloured rubber bands for muscles, Erick makes it most of the way through raising his plasma canon towards Archibald before stopping, but it continues to glow blue like it's primed.
"I believe better questions are, Why do I look like this? What are these voices in my head? And who the hell are you?"

Erick ***** his head up and to the right.
'Can you lot please stop shouting! It's hurting my head!'

"You have been chosen to fight for the Earth, in the Inheritance Wars."
"You've been given power, that is why you look like this. Some of those who Inherit Power do so from reincarnation. Perhaps that is why there are so many voices in your head."

5ColouredWalker
2019-10-13, 08:23 PM
Erick Manstein

Erick's face focuses on Archibald again.
"Ok. For the sake of this conversation I'm going to assume I'm sane and it's the world that's stopped making sense. What do you mean Save Earth? And please, don't stop, I can ask all my questions at the end."

I'm willing for you to have me info dumped off screen for the purpose of catching up with the others.

DarthArminius
2019-10-13, 08:30 PM
Erick Manstein

Erick's face focuses on Archibald again.
"Ok. For the sake of this conversation I'm going to assume I'm sane and it's the world that's stopped making sense. What do you mean Save Earth? And please, don't stop, I can ask all my questions at the end."

I'm willing for you to have me info dumped off screen for the purpose of catching up with the others.

Archibald explained everything in a few moments of speaking with Erick.

DarthArminius
2019-10-20, 02:32 PM
-place holder-