PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help me build an Archaeologist bard

MindTheGap97
2019-09-30, 07:41 PM
Ok, so, I want to build an archaeologist bard, flavored as a professional adventurer, and I wanted to ask here how should I build it,

-str or dex based?
-feat order or good feats
-half-orc vs. human vs. half-elf
-any other advice

We are starting at level 3 with a 20 point buy, any help is immensely appreciated

Bartmanhomer
2019-09-30, 07:50 PM
I think the bard need a lot of skills for archaeology but that will count as cross-skills if I remember correctly.

FaerieGodfather
2019-09-30, 08:56 PM
Human for the Alternate Favored Class bonus.

If you can do 3pp, see if you can get Rogue Genius Games' Genius Guide to the Talented Bard and just... don't take any Edges or Talents having to do with Performance.

Particle_Man
2019-09-30, 09:20 PM
I think there is a trait that increases any luck bonus by 1 so that could help.

RatElemental
2019-09-30, 09:43 PM
If it's pathfinder there's some silliness you can do with a certain kind of whip to be able to attack adjacent squares despite it being a reach weapon.

MindTheGap97
2019-10-01, 12:57 AM
Human for the Alternate Favored Class bonus.

If you can do 3pp, see if you can get Rogue Genius Games' Genius Guide to the Talented Bard and just... don't take any Edges or Talents having to do with Performance.

Human's FCB is awesome, thanks

I think there is a trait that increases any luck bonus by 1 so that could help.

I did a little research and it is apparently called fate's favored, thanks for that

If it's pathfinder there's some silliness you can do with a certain kind of whip to be able to attack adjacent squares despite it being a reach weapon.

Which whip would that be?

Kurald Galain
2019-10-01, 03:22 AM
Ok, so, I want to build an archaeologist bard, flavored as a professional adventurer, and I wanted to ask here how should I build it,
A lot of advice from the Magus guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus) also applies to other gish classes, such as the archaeologist bard.

It requires a bunch of whip-related feats; it's easier to just wield a regular reach weapon and find a way to enlarge yourself.

RatElemental
2019-10-01, 06:59 AM

The scorpion whip. If you're proficient in both whips and scorpion whips, you can use it as either, and when using it as a scorpion whip it counts as a light weapon without reach, and as a whip it's a reach weapon that extends to 15 feet. It still does lethal damage even when using it as a whip.