PDA

View Full Version : Feywild undermountain?

Iampower
2019-09-30, 11:33 PM
The feywild reflects the material plane, so does that mean there is a version of undermountain in the feywild? I suppose i could just decide it does. But would alaster have control over it? And does anyone have a suggestion on how it wohld be different from the material plane version?

Luckmann
2019-10-01, 12:44 AM
But would alaster have control over it?I can't imagine that Halaster wouldn't be in control of Undermountain regardless of demiplane, insofar he's "in control" anywhere.

Mordante
2019-10-01, 07:16 AM
The feywild reflects the material plane, so does that mean there is a version of undermountain in the feywild? I suppose i could just decide it does. But would alaster have control over it? And does anyone have a suggestion on how it wohld be different from the material plane version?

Recently I send my party into the Feywild. But I'm not sure if there are any rules for the Feywild in DnD 3.5 so I just borrowed heavily from the Dresden files. On of my characters might even become winter knight. I thought that would be a nice way to retire him as PC into a NPC.

LibraryOgre
2019-10-01, 12:48 PM
Not precisely related, but I once had Halaster get taken to Ravenloft, with Undermountain constantly changing in ways he did not decree as part of his curse.

Iampower
2019-10-02, 08:13 PM
I've always viewed halaster as havibg absolute control over undermountain (powerful characters fascinate me) and any creature who thinks they are not under total control is either not important enough to bother with or is unknowingly doing what halaster wants (or at least NOT doing what Halaster DOESN'T want)

The ravenloft example gave me an idea of an archfey rivaling halaster from feyundermountain. Could be an interesting conflict to get caught up in.