PDA

View Full Version : Homebrewed Warforged

SeasideDruid
2019-10-01, 12:00 PM
Im looking to play a Warforged Fighter in an upcoming campaign but my DM isnt permitting UA. I found a homebrewed version of thr race and they said it would be fine but it says they fully treated as constructs and no healing spell would work on them. Mending is out too since it repairs an object but doesnt restore magic. I would only have access to the Second Wind ability, the Samurai Fighter temp hp, and my hit die.

Any advice?

nickl_2000
2019-10-01, 12:03 PM
The official Eberron 5e hardcover book will be released in November.

The PDF Wayfinders Guide to Eberron is official WotC material.

Both have the same Warforged in there that you can use.

Alkerite
2019-10-01, 12:03 PM
Have you not seen the official release of Warforged in Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron?

Trandir
2019-10-01, 12:09 PM
The healer feat should allow you to regain some hp.

I would advice you to take another class. As construct if you drop to 0 you just die. No 3 saves, no way to get back and I am not sure if you can even be resurrected.
Or just ask for the official warforged that is not a construct.

Also this DM allows homebrew material but not UA? Why is that?

JackPhoenix
2019-10-01, 04:50 PM
As construct if you drop to 0 you just die. No 3 saves, no way to get back and I am not sure if you can even be resurrected.

That's not true. Everyone (and everything, as long it is a creature) get death saves, it's just usually skipped for NPCs to save time.

Revivify and True Resurrection work on constructs, other spells are more limited.

ProsecutorGodot
2019-10-01, 04:57 PM
The official Eberron 5e hardcover book will be released in November.

The PDF Wayfinders Guide to Eberron is official WotC material.

Both have the same Warforged in there that you can use.

Small nitpick, we've been made aware that some features will be changing from Wayfinder's Guide to Rising from the Last War. We're not yet sure if the same Warforged will be available. Wayfinder's Guide will be updated with some content from Rising from the Last War.

Either way, the UA Warforged (The "Races of Eberron" 2018 version) matches the one found in Wayfinder's Guide which is currently supported for certain AL games. It's as official as it can be until Nov 19.

Damon_Tor
2019-10-01, 06:17 PM
my DM isnt permitting UA. I found a homebrewed version of thr race and they said it would be fine

He doesn't allow UA... but homebrew is alright? That's... odd.
Warforged are not "UA". The Eberron PDF is official content.
Warforged are more akin to elementals than they are to "constructs". And the wood that forms their core is living tissue that bleeds and needs to heal, just like anything else. They aren't "robots".
And from a game balance perspective, it's needlessly punitive to make a PC unable to be healed.

Basically, your DM is wrong in four different ways.

JackPhoenix
2019-10-01, 07:10 PM
The warforged really gives you all the good stuff of being a construct: increased AC, immunity to poison with warforged resilience and 'standby-mode' with sentry's rest. What is it exactly about that warforged that doesn't fulfill your fantasy?

Warforged doesn't get immunity to poison.

And the thing about that warforged is that the OP's GM doesn't allow it in his game.

Bjarkmundur
2019-10-01, 07:18 PM
Warforged doesn't get immunity to poison.

And the thing about that warforged is that the OP's GM doesn't allow it in his game.

Oh ****, I misunderstood terribly. Sorry, it's late. Thanks for pointing it out xD

But yeah, listen to the Ferengi/Roper-With-a-Bunny-on-his-Head, he's pretty spot on.