PDA

View Full Version : Social build how wouldit work exactly

Hunterx
2019-10-02, 09:48 AM
I was looking over a social build and we all know about the binders and the half elf, but what if you did not to play the half elf most players might say changling and i would be yes i think your onto something here and i think i have an idea but i am not 100% sure how it would workout. So here is the idea and i need some input on how exactly it would work if you please.

Changling RCF Rogue 2 Bard 1(half elf RCF: soothing voice)

Now i know some are going to say how can you get the half elf RCF for bard well there is a feat that is called Racial emulation and it states

When you use your minor change shape ability to assume the form of a humanoid creature, you can also emulate any of that humanoid's subtypes. Though you do not gain any of the humanoid's traits, you are considered to be a member of that race for all other purposes (allowing you to use magic items or spells keyed to race, for example). You can also ignore the normal penalty on Disguise checks when disguising yourself as a different race (see the Disguise skill description, page 72 of the Player's Handbook). You can only emulate one race at a time, and you always retain the shapechanger subtype.

now the question is this would you still get your bard spells and bardic music and not have the soothing voice until you emulate a half elf or do you lose it all until you emulate a half elf.

Climowitz
2019-10-02, 10:11 AM
To get soothing voice you need to take the first bard substitution level that requires you to be a Half elf. Since you are a changeling and not a half elf, you would not be able to take a level in Half Elf Bard. Remember that just because you look like a half elf does not make you one.

LegionXIV
2019-10-02, 10:14 AM
So, while I agree that you could get the RCF if you level while emulating a half elf, I would have to rule that you need to be a half-elf in order to use the feature, considering it is a prerequisite.

Hunterx
2019-10-02, 04:08 PM
To get soothing voice you need to take the first bard substitution level that requires you to be a Half elf. Since you are a changeling and not a half elf, you would not be able to take a level in Half Elf Bard. Remember that just because you look like a half elf does not make you one.

Did you read the what i put into bold. I guess not.

Hunterx
2019-10-02, 04:09 PM
So, while I agree that you could get the RCF if you level while emulating a half elf, I would have to rule that you need to be a half-elf in order to use the feature, considering it is a prerequisite.

I agree that the soothing voice could only be used while as a half elf that is clear it is the other parts, the bardic music and spells and what not would i still have them if i am not emulating a half elf?