PDA

View Full Version : Rogue x bard multiclass

Aeriox
2019-10-02, 10:09 AM
Hey I’m kinda new to d and d and I need help. I was thinking for my next character I would have a multiclassed Tabaxi swashbuckler rogue with some sort of bard but I don’t know about the subclass or spells or anything. If there’s a guide or if anyone has ideas that would be cool

Nefariis
2019-10-02, 10:58 AM
Hey I’m kinda new to d and d and I need help. I was thinking for my next character I would have a multiclassed Tabaxi swashbuckler rogue with some sort of bard but I don’t know about the subclass or spells or anything. If there’s a guide or if anyone has ideas that would be cool

There are a million different ways to do this but you are going to have to be more specific -

Do you want more sneaky/stabby, more casty/buffy, or more tanky/fighty?

Bobthewizard
2019-10-02, 11:09 AM
So I think you could go two ways with this.

First option is primarily a swashbuckler with 6 levels of swords or valor bard for some spells and extra attack. Gives a little more flexibility in exchange for 3d6 lower sneak attack. But it comes together late. If you get rogue 3 for swashbuckler first and then bard you wouldn't get your extra attack until level 9. If you start bard you wouldn't get any sneak attack damage until level 7. Could be a fun character, it's just doesn't seem very optimized.

Second option is primarily lore bard with one or two levels of rogue. I'd probably only take one level of rogue for the extra expertise and go for a social god. Here's a guide for that build.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?490505-The-Social-God-A-guide-to-an-optimized-party-face

zinycor
2019-10-02, 11:22 AM
So, who else is at your party? What is your fighting style? What is it that attracts you to the idea of bard/rogue?

Both classes have plenty of synergies, so you have a whole lot of options open to you.

dragoeniex
2019-10-02, 12:50 PM
I'd like to add Whispers Bard to your considerations: you'll get psychic "sneak attack" to keep your burst damage up to par, and it would let you have a dark, manipulative side to go with your roguish charms.

Swords and valor, as previously mentioned, are also fun if you want to get extra attack instead.

CTurbo
2019-10-02, 01:44 PM
Swashbuckler/Swords Bard all the way. They work perfectly together.

I'd probably go Rogue 5, and the 6 straight levels of Bard before switching back to Rogue for good, but you could go Rogue 3, Bard 3 if you wanted to get the build online as fast as possible.