PDA

View Full Version : How Can A Demigod Reaches To Greater Deity Status?

Bartmanhomer
2019-10-02, 08:12 PM
I'm making a homebrew 3.5 deity who happen to be a demigod. Well she a demigoddess of fire and goodness and she want to gain reputation to reach to Greater Deity status. How can she do that?

Jack_Simth
2019-10-02, 08:41 PM
Depends on the setting. In some, rank is a function of worship. In others, it is a function of plot.

Bartmanhomer
2019-10-02, 08:44 PM
Depends on the setting. In some, rank is a function of worship. In others, it is a function of plot.

Well my Demigoddess only have 500 worshippers. So I guess that's a start.

Silvercrys
2019-10-02, 08:55 PM
Yeah it's explicitly left to DM/Settings stuff in Deities and Demigods 3.5 if I recall correctly.

They give you a few options to choose from, like gaining sufficient worshipers, killing other gods to steal their power/portfolio, or just making gods an immovable fixture so you can't join their ranks at all.

Bartmanhomer
2019-10-02, 10:19 PM
Yeah it's explicitly left to DM/Settings stuff in Deities and Demigods 3.5 if I recall correctly.

They give you a few options to choose from, like gaining sufficient worshipers, killing other gods to steal their power/portfolio, or just making gods an immovable fixture so you can't join their ranks at all.

Ok, thank you. :smile:

RedMage125
2019-10-05, 01:28 PM

Minor note, Deities and Demigods was 3.0.

It was one of the books handled in the free pdf pf the "3.5e update packet", which also included MM2, Fiend Folio, ELH, and Manual of the Planes. But a lot of the update leaves much to be desired.

Biggus
2019-10-05, 03:00 PM
The relevant sections in Deities and Demigods are The Nature of Divinity (p.9-13) and Divine Ascension (p.218-223) which discuss various methods by which divine ranks may be acquired.

If you're going with the "number of worshippers" method the guideline is:

Demigods 100s to 1,000s
Lesser Deities 1,000s to 10,000s
Intermediate Deities 100,000s
Greater Deities 1,000,000s

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineRanksAndPowers.htm#divineRanks

Obviously these may vary somewhat depending on the size of your world's population.