PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item to hold Concentration

MR_Anderson
2019-10-06, 11:14 PM
So I am looking for examples of something that would do something similar to maintaining concentration on a spell, effect, or action so the character would not have to maintain it.

Basically I am looking to craft a magic item that will allow me to not have to continually concentrate to maintain something, so I can multi-task concentration use and more or less allow for maintaining a Mage Hand with Minor Image, or one of those while preparing an assassin death strike.

There is a feat that allows you to have a familiar hold a spell with concentration, but there might be times I’ll use two non-spell concentration actions.

My DM is okay with it, we were just trying to find a fair value for creation cost purposes. obviously an all day one would cost more than one that could do it for 10 rounds a day.

Any help/suggestions is appreciated!

Afghanistan
2019-10-06, 11:27 PM
Extraordinary Concentration from Complete adventure allows you to make a Concentration check to reduce a Concentration on a spell to a Move action, if you beat the check by 10 or more, it is reduced to a swift action.

Other than that, I'd look at Soronous Hum (Spell Compendium (page 196). Keep in mind, that Extraordinary Concentration does not allow you to break the rule where you can only concentrate on one spell at a time, where as Soronous Hum does allow you to do just that. All other rules apply for maintaining concentration though.

Ryton
2019-10-07, 02:30 PM
You might want to use the psionic power Solicit Psicrystal (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/solicitPsicrystal.htm) as a benchmark for what you're trying to do. It requires the psionic equivalent to a familiar, and is a 3rd level power lasting 1/round per level.

MR_Anderson
2019-10-07, 10:22 PM
You might want to use the psionic power Solicit Psicrystal as a benchmark for what you're trying to do. It requires the psionic equivalent to a familiar, and is a 3rd level power lasting 1/round per level.

This works great. This will end up costing more to make, but I think it is fair at a 3rd level.