PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a specific feat

Aeliren
2019-10-07, 02:47 AM
According to this thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonsAndDragons/comments/8ghuml/when_youre_a_caster_but_still_put_points_into/) that I came across while browsing for memes, there's a feat in one of the extended manuals that allows casters to replace the attribute they use for casting spells with any other attribute, effectively allowing a caster to use, say, strength as their spellcasting attribute.

It might not be optimal, but I'd be interested in finding out what it is if only for the hell of it, maybe have some fun playing a wizard who lifts. Unfortunately, so far I haven't been able to find it.

Anyone have a clue what feat this is?

Thanks in advance!

TheTeaMustFlow
2019-10-07, 02:54 AM
You're thinking of the Lost Tradition feat from Bastards and Bloodlines. This is not, however, a feat from "one of 3.5s extended manuals" - it is from a third-party sourcebook (so basically homebrew), and it's actually for 3.0, rather than 3.5.

Thurbane
2019-10-07, 04:11 AM
If you want to use official material, an Illumian (RoD) spellcaster can use Str (or Dex) to determine his bonus spells.

ShurikVch
2019-10-07, 11:47 AM
Also, in the original 3.0 Psionics Handbook, key ability of Psychometabolism was Str

PraxisVetli
2019-10-08, 03:22 AM
Psionic Prodigy, from one of the web articles, would let you run Psionics off of Strength.

NNescio
2019-10-08, 03:47 AM
Psionic Prodigy, from one of the web articles, would let you run Psionics off of Strength.

I cast manifest FIST!