PDA

View Full Version : Blood hunter vs Barbarian

Butler121
2019-10-07, 04:41 PM
Well I've been playing D&D for 2 years now and the classes I've played have mostly martial one. But my Favorite class has to be blood hunter and Barbarian but wich ones better. Blood hunter or barbarian

Kane0
2019-10-07, 04:45 PM
Depends on whether you like being the meatshield or the glass cannon.

Butler121
2019-10-07, 04:49 PM
I'm talking kill Everything on the battle field kind of class

GlenSmash!
2019-10-07, 05:32 PM
I'm talking kill Everything on the battle field kind of class

Depends on how many things are on the battlefield.

Butler121
2019-10-07, 05:39 PM
Alot of creatures

HolyDraconus
2019-10-08, 01:12 AM
Then it would probably be the one that can hit things.

Expected
2019-10-08, 03:39 AM
I would choose Barbarian over a Blood hunter, but it depends on what class you'd like to play. It seems as though you are trying to justify choosing to play a Blood Hunter (which is perfectly fine and maybe due to your liking of the thematic elements of the class). I don't have much experience with Blood Hunters (from what I've read, they seem underpowered and have many ribbon features), so I will present a Barbarian build for you since I have a lot of experience playing them.

Path of the Totem Warrior Barbarian 1-20
Variant Human
Custom Outlander
Str-Dex-Con-Int-Wis-Cha
15(+1)-14-15(+1)-8-10-8
Polearm Master [Level 1], Great Weapon Master [Level 4], Sentinel/Ability Score Improvement

Because of Path of the Totem Warrior, you take half damage from all sources, except psychic, while raging. It only takes a bonus action to start raging and you'll eventually get advantage on initiative rolls so you'll more than likely be going before the enemy. Use your 30 movement (40 at level 5) to move 5-10 feet away and attack using Reckless Attack while raging. You can apply Great Weapon Master (advantage helps you to offset the -5 attack) and if you hit, you deal weapon damage+Rage damage+10 for each hit doing this. You also get a bonus action attack of 1d4+Str modifier+Rage+GWM. There's almost no reason not to use Reckless Attack when raging and it increases your critical hit chance, which synergizes well with Brutal Criticals. It's very simple but effective.

Oh, and be careful posting duplicate topics and posting subsequent posts--you'll probably get a warning/infraction like I did for posting twice/thrice in succession.

GlenSmash!
2019-10-08, 10:21 AM
With a lot of creatures, definitely Barbarian. Bloodhunter can do a lot of damage, but they have to hurt themselves to do it. The Barbarian while not doing as much damage in the short term can freely do damage while taking an enormous beating and thus do it for a lot longer.