PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator 3 has started!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Abardam
2007-10-16, 01:59 PM
This is the introductory text for the third
Gladiator

The rules:
Every round, players may: 1) activate one physical stance or stance and/or execute one attack; 2) activate one psionic stance or stance and/or manifest one psionic power; 3) activate one divine stance or stance and/or cast one divine spell; or 4) use one special maneuver. Any number of passive skills may also be used, as well as one shout.

Attacking:
Attacker rolls attack against his target's defense.
If the attack roll exceeds the defense roll, the attack hits.
The attacker then rolls damage.
At the end of the round, all damage is tallied, and everyone makes a vitality roll. If damage exceeds a player's vitality, the player loses a life.
If the damage exceeds twice the max vitality roll (12 for 1d6, 16 for 1d8, etc), that player loses 2 lives instead. Likewise, if it exceeds thrice the max, the player loses 3 lives, and so on.
If you lose a life, you cannot act for the rest of the round.
Players with 0 lives are dead.

Psionics:
Psi automatically regenerates at the rate of 1 per round, at the end of each round, to a maximum of your starting Psi.
Concentration: While concentrating, you may not use a stance, attack, use psionics, or use a special maneuver. You take Defense-, and if you are damaged, you lose your concentration.

Order of events:
Shouts and stances are applied before the round starts.
Effects of actions (ex: damage, ability loss, conditions) take place at the end of your phase (phase, not round).
Payment for actions (ex: Psi loss, life loss from Desperation Strike) take place at the beginning of your phase.
Vitality is generally rolled at the start of your phase (if you took damage), and then again at the end of the round, if you took any more damage. (Damage is reset to 0 after the first roll.)

All players start with:
1d6 damage
1d6 attack
1d6 defense
1d6 vitality
1d6 psi
5 lives

Players also start with 7 points to customize their character. They may purchase passive skills, stances, special attacks, special maneuvers, shouts, divine spells, and psionic powers with these.

(Whenever an attribute is marked with a '+', this means an increase in die size. If it is marked with a '-', this means a decrease in die size.)

Conditions:
Stunned: A player who is stunned may not attack or manifest any powers. For example:
There are three gladiators: Speed, Smasher, and Swordsman.
Round 1:
Pre-phase:
Speed goes first, as he is Rushing.
Main Phase:
Smasher stuns Swordsman.
Swordsman still gets to go, as the stunning happens after the phase.
Round 2:
Pre-phase:
Speed goes first again.
Main Phase:
Smasher stuns Speed.
Swordsman is stunned.
Round 3:
Pre-phase:
Speed is stunned.
Main Phase:
Swordsman is not stunned anymore.
Blinded: A player who is Blinded takes Attack- and Defense-. Whenever that player attacks there is a 25% chance he misses entirely.
Wounded: A player who is wounded takes 2 damage every round that he is damaged. Effectively, it adds another 2 damage to the damage dealt by player.
Burning: A player who is burning takes 1 damage the first round, 2 damage the second, and so on (caps at 4), after his phase.

For clarification:
'hits': Overcomes defense
'deals damage': Overcomes vitality
Automatically unlocked stuff: Everyone gets these

Fighting defensively [physical stance]: Defense+ Attack-
Fighting aggressively [physical stance]: Attack+ Defense-
Sprint [special]: You may not be the target of attacks this round, you may not use this the round after you use this

Passive skills: These skills are always active. Players may take these skills more than once, but the price increases by 1 each time. (ex: 1 point for Strength 1, 3 points for Strength 2, 6 points for Strength 3)

Strength: Damage+
Dexterity: Attack+
Armor: Defense+
Constitution: Vitality+
Intelligence: Max Psi+
Wisdom: Add 5 divine spell points; choose 2 divine spells
Charisma: You may use shouts. Whenever you take Charisma, you may take 3 shouts
Stealth: Player may PM actions to me, instead of posting
Fortitude : If you lose a life in a round, you do not lose your action.
Champion: You have 1 more life. You cannot use Stealth. You cannot take this more than once
Shield Body: Each round, you may choose a player or creature. All attacks directed at your target this round are instead directed at you
Lucky: Every other round (it is disabled for 1 round after it is used), you may add a +1 bonus to Attack, Damage, Defense, Vitality, or Psi. You cannot take this more than once

Stances: A player may use one stance each round.

Biofeedback: Replace your Vitality score with your Psi score. If you have Constitution, the bonus from that skill is still applied/Vitality+
Shield Other: Grants defense++ to one ally
Tumble: Choose one player or creature. That player or creature cannot attack you this round. (However, he can still attack you if he has Spring Attack.) You cannot choose the same player twice in a row
Dodge: Choose one player or creature. You get Defense++ against that player or creature

Physical Stances: A player may choose to use one stance each round. Physical Stances may not be used with Psionics or Divine Spells.

Blind-Fight: You do not suffer the 25% miss chance while Blinded/Attack+
Rush: Player's initiative increases by 1, defense-
Rage: Damage++ defense-
Frenzy: Attack++ vitality-
Power Attack: Damage++ attack-
Combat Expertise: Defense++ attack-
Flank: Grants attack++ to one player or creature who also attacks your target
Juggernaut Stance: Defense-- Vitality+++
Spring Attack: You do not count as attacking when it would be beneficial to you (such as determining extra damage from Counterattack)/ Attack+
Expansion: Damage+, Defense-, Vitality+, Initiative+/ required: 1d4 Psi/ pay 1 Psi
Robilar's Gambit: Choose a target; he gains Damage+ against you. Whenever he attacks you, you may make a free attack against him
Telekinesis: Replace your Attack score with your Psi score. If you have Dexterity, the bonus from that skill is still applied/Attack+

Special Attacks: These skills replace your regular attack. Effects after the slash affect the player.

Net: Target's initiative decreases by 1 for 3 rounds/ damage-
Sunder: If this attack hits, instead of dealing damage, your target opposes your damage roll with another damage roll. If yours is greater, he loses 1 attack
Shield Break: If this attack hits, instead of dealing damage, your target opposes your attack roll with another damage roll. If yours is greater, he loses 1 defense
Impale: Target loses 1 vitality if it deals damage
Weakening Strike: Target loses 1 damage if it deals damage
Stunning Smash: Target is stunned for 1 round if it hits/ attack-
Counterattack: If your target is attacking you, this attack is at Attack+ Damage+.
Whirlwind Attack: Attack all who attack you
Two-Weapon Fighting: Attack two targets
Leap Attack: / attack++ damage+ defense--
Coup-de-Grace: This attack is made at a lower initiative; if your target is at 1 life, this attack cannot be avoided; if it hits, your target dies instantly/ Attack---
Desperation Strike: Take 3 damage / Attack+ Damage++
Enraged Smash: / Damage+ (maximum Damage++++) for every attack skill you have that is enabled (e.g. not disabled).
Hamstring : If this attack hits, target player may not use Sprint next round and is Wounded for 1 round
Falling Spider: If this hits a stunned player or creature, that player or creature loses 1 Vitality and is Wounded for 3 rounds
Eye Strike: If you hit, target is Blinded and Wounded for 2 rounds/ Attack-
Shield Bash: If this attack deals damage to an opponent whom you successfully defended against in the last round, your target is stunned for 1 round
Skull Smash: If you hit, target loses 2 Psi
Sneak Attack: If your target is not attacking you, and he did not attack you last round, this attack is at Attack+; if it hits, your target is either Wounded for 2 rounds, Blinded for 2 rounds, or Stunned for 1 round (your choice)
Fury Sweep: If you attacked your target at least once in the past one round, this attack is at Damage+. If it is blocked, your target loses 1 Defense
Dual Strike: If this attack fails to hit, you may make a second attack for free
Bloodletting Slash: If this attack hits, instead of being damaged, your target is Wounded for x÷2 rounds (round down), plus 2 rounds, where x is the amount of damage he would have taken
Critical Pierce: If your target is Wounded, and this attack deals damage, your target loses 1 Damage and 1 Vitality
Iron Palm: This attack always hits. This attack always does 3 damage.

Special maneuvers: You cannot activate a stance or attack/use psionics in a round where you use any of these.[/FONT]

Repair: Restore target's permanent attack and defense damage by 1
First Aid: Restore target's permanent damage and vitality damage by 1
Blinding Powder: Your target blinded for 2 rounds
Caltrops: All who attack you this round lose 1 Initiative
Heal: Choose a Condition affecting your target (aside from Burning). That Condition is removed.

Shouts: You may use a shout at any time, even if you also attack or whatever. You must always post your shout publicly, even if you have Stealth. The effects of shouts take place at the start of the round.

“Everybody to the Limit!” [multi-target shout]: targets' Attack+ Damage+ for 1 round/ shouts disabled for 3 rounds
“You are on the Way to Destruction!” [single-target shout]: If target's life is at less than half of maximum, he takes Attack- and Damage- for 1 round/ shouts disabled for 1 round
“I Will Survive!” [personal shout]: If you are at less than half of your starting life, for 1 round, you gain Vitality+ for every foe attacking you; you also gain Defense+ for the round/ shouts disabled for 1 round
“Halt!” [single-target shout]: Target may not Sprint this round
“Hammer Time!” [multi-target shout]: The next time targets use an attack with Smash in the name, the target of the attacks is stunned for an additional round (if the attack does not stun, it stuns for one round) if it hits/ shouts disabled for 2 rounds
“Charge!” [multi-target shout]: Targets have Initiative+ for 1 round/ shouts disabled for 1 round
“It's Just a Flesh Wound!” [personal shout]: If you would lose a life or lives this round, and you would die due to this, you instead remain at 1 life/ shouts disabled forever
“The Power is Yours!” [multi-target shout]: For 3 rounds, you take Damage-- and all targets gain Damage++. You may not target yourself with this shout
“Go for the Eyes!” [multi-target shout]: The next time target attacks, if he rolls the maximum on his attack roll and hits, he may add that value to his Damage roll/ shouts disabled for 2 rounds

Psionic Stances: A player may use one stance each round. A player may use Psionic Stances with Psionics, but not with Attacks or Divine Spells.

Quicken Power: Initiative+/ pay 1 Psi
Unconditional Power: You can manifest even while stunned/ pay 1 Psi
Twin Power: You manifest the power twice/ pay 3 Psi
Overchannel: Take 4 damage, gain 2 temporary Psi (which you can pay for powers with)
Psionic Dodge: Defense++ Vitality-

Psionics:

Diversion: If target is using a special attack or a psionic power, he may not use it again for 3 rounds/ required: 1d6 Psi/ Pay 2 Psi
Migraine: Your target loses 1 Psi every round you are concentrating / required: 1d6 Psi/ pay 2 Psi/ requires concentration
Mind Thrust: Roll Psi (with a Psi+++) against your target's Psi; if you succeed, target loses 1 life/ required: 1d6 Psi/ Pay 3 Psi
Silence: Target cannot use shouts as long as you are concentrating on Silence/ required: 1d6 Psi/ pay 2 Psi/ requires concentration
Energy Wave: Deal 2 times x damage to all players and creatures (except for your team). You are stunned for 1 round/ required: 1d8 Psi/ pay x Psi
Metaphyical Weapon: Your target's (you can target yourself) next successful hit has Damage++/ pay 1 Psi

Divine Stances: A player may use one stance each round. A player may use Divine Stances with Divine Spells, but not with Attacks or Psionics.
Quicken Divine Spell: Initiative+
Empower Divine Spell: If you cast a divine spell, it deals 1.5 times more damage (including life loss), gives 1.5 times more bonus, and heals 1.5 times more life. Created and summoned creatures have 1.5 times more health (for life loss and life gain, round up)/ pay 1 divine spell point

Divine Spells: Players have a set amount of divine spell points at the start of the game, which are used to power divine spells. No player may have two spells of opposing alignments.

Cure Wounds: Your target regains 1 life/ pay 2 divine spell points/ your target cannot be affected by this spell again for 4 rounds
Inflict Wounds: Your target loses 1 life/ pay 2 divine spell points/ your target cannot be affected by this spell again for 4 rounds
Smite: Your target takes 2 damage, plus 4 damage if he is attacking your team/ pay 1 divine spell point
Shield of Law [Law]: Your target gains a +4 bonus (actual bonus) to his Vitality for 3 rounds/ pay 2 divine spell points
Holy Word [Good]: Stun and deal 5 damage to up to 2 targets (if undead, deal 15 damage)/ pay 2 divine spell points
Chaos Hammer [Chaos]: Your next attack automatically hits and has a +4 bonus (actual bonus) to damage/ pay 2 divine spell points
Animate Dead [Evil]: Target dead player rises as a zombie under your control (if more than one cast this spell, the one with the most divine spell points gets to cast it). Zombies have 1d6 Attack, 1d8 Damage, 1d4 Defense, 20 hit points (which means it takes 20 points of damage to kill), and no Psi/ pay 2 divine spell points
Divine Power: For 2 rounds, you have Damage+ and Vitality+/ pay 1 divine spell point

All attacks happen simultaneously (unless initiative-modified), and all actions must be posted here (unless you are using Stealth). Up to 1 change may be taken, in either case.

Team Battles
Normal players are grouped into pairs. If there is an odd number of players, the last player gets a bonus of some sort (I'm still thinking)

Random Events
They are random!

Dice stacking goes like: 1d2 - 1d4 - 1d6 - 1d8 - 1d10 - 1d12 - 1d14 - 1d16... and so on. Yeah, yeah, they don't really exist.

SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

Game starts on November 1!

Players:

Almighty Salmon [done] - Fleeing Coward [done]
Fredricus [done] - Captain van der Decken [done]
Kasz [done]
Castaras [done] - Heretic [done]
Streakster [done] - GoC [done]
Meynolds [done]
Jagg [done] - Raiser_B1ade [done]
Eldritch Knight
Mustiado
North
Dr Bath [done] - Calamity [done]
Orzel
Khaldan [done]

Raiser Blade
2007-10-16, 02:18 PM
So
Wisdom-1
Stealth-1
Empower divine spells-1
Shield Body-1
Intelligence 1
Twin powers-psi stance-1
Energy Wave 1

----------------
=7

GoC
2007-10-16, 04:30 PM
Why did you decide against implementing "luck"?

EDIT: I'm playing of course.:smallbiggrin:

EDIT2:Divine spellcasting seems very overpowered. Why waste 1 point on +1 extra life when for the same cost you can get +2 lives and a zombie servant?

Mustiado
2007-10-16, 05:08 PM
Holy Crap. :smalleek:

If I figure out how to play, I'm in.

heretic
2007-10-16, 05:17 PM
Can you clarify Enraged Smash?

Is it + Attack for every special attack you have or every special attack you are using? Because you can only use one attack at a time...

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-16, 05:20 PM
In.

Stats:

Dodge
Whirlwind Attack
Power Attack
Frenzy
Dexterity
Armour
Constitution

GoC
2007-10-16, 05:24 PM
Hmm...
I must agree with Mustiado.
It has a lot of attacks/stances/spells.:smalleek:

heretic
2007-10-16, 05:26 PM
It isn't a game for the faint of heart. *flashes round one co-champion trophy for the noobs*

Jagg
2007-10-16, 05:31 PM
Oh Hell yeah I'm in

Not sure what to go with yet though

streakster
2007-10-16, 05:49 PM
I will take Stealth and Spring Attack and Two-Weapon Fighting. A point each of Con, Dex, Strength, and Armor.

This will be fun...

heretic
2007-10-16, 05:53 PM
We choose our partners, guys. Time to figure that out. I think I'm taken, but I'm not sure yet.

Meynolds
2007-10-16, 08:38 PM
I'll partner with anyone who wants to.

1d8 Attack (1 point spent on Dexterity)
1d8 Damage (1 Point spent on Strength)
1d8 Defence (1 Point spent on Armor)
1d6 Vitality
Frenzy (1 Point)
Combat Expertise (1 Point)
Two Weapon Fighting (1 Point)
Leap Attack (1 Point)

GoC
2007-10-16, 09:38 PM
I've got a good combo:
Wisdom->Animate Dead, Chaos Hammer
Strength+
Armor+
Power Attack
Heal
Metaphysical Weapon
Shield Other

2xWisdom->Inflict Wounds, Shield of Law, Cure Wounds, Holy Word
Empower Divine Spell
Charisma->The Power is yours!, I Will Survive!, Charge!
Shield Other
Armor+

I'd be either of these. Anyone?

streakster
2007-10-16, 09:44 PM
Hey GoC, care to partner? I like your last one, but up to you.

GoC
2007-10-16, 10:05 PM
Hey GoC, care to partner? I like your last one, but up to you.

You mean the guy capable of killing any other player in two rounds?:smallamused:

Sure, why not?:smallbiggrin:

PS. I finaly made Orc! Yay for me!:smallbiggrin: :smallsmile: :smallbiggrin: :smallsmile: *dances*

Jagg
2007-10-16, 10:20 PM
Question for Abardam

Wounding - I like it...but I seek clarification.

you said

Effects of actions (ex: damage, ability loss, conditions) take place at the end of your phase (phase, not round).
Payment for actions (ex: Psi loss, life loss from Desperation Strike) take place at the beginning of your phase.
Vitality is generally rolled at the start of your phase (if you took damage), and then again at the end of the round, if you took any more damage. (Damage is reset to 0 after the first roll.)

The last line is what worries me about how useful wounding will be. Vitality is generally rolled at the start of your phase (if you took damage), From wounding presumably and then again at the end of the round, from other people sticking the boot in if you took any more damage. (Damage is reset to 0 after the first roll.)

If damage is reset to 0 after the first roll, and wounding looks to only do a couple of points of damage max, then it will be easily negated and you reset your damage. Doesn't this cut the effectiveness of wounding too much? To turn the question around why should the wounding damage be treated separately from normal damage?

P.S. who wants to partner with me? PM me and we will talk tactics.

JAGG

Captain van der Decken
2007-10-17, 01:57 AM
In. I'll put up stats later.

Castaras
2007-10-17, 02:30 AM
It isn't a game for the faint of heart. *flashes round one co-champion trophy for the noobs*

*waves about the other co-champion trophy*

In. Again.

Stats will go up in a bit.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-17, 03:30 AM
Looks fun, in
Stats up later.
I'll partner with anyone who wants to.

Trix
2007-10-17, 03:59 AM
Looks great I'm in, but will send up a profile when i've looked over the rules and understand them well

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-17, 04:00 AM
I'm in, i'll put my stats up later.

Hey Fleeing Coward, We could partner up! Two arch enemies join together to make the feel good comedy of the year! :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-17, 04:30 AM
I'm in, i'll put my stats up later.

Hey Fleeing Coward, We could partner up! Two arch enemies join together to make the feel good comedy of the year! :smalltongue:

Sure, I've always wanted A Salmon Shield :smallbiggrin:

Kasz
2007-10-17, 04:42 AM
Ooh I'm in.
First name down! Raiser_B1ade want to be partners?

Sneak Attack -1
Combat Expertise -1
Dexterity x2 -2
Armor -1
Stealth -1
Points = 7

Fredricus
2007-10-17, 05:40 AM
Looks interesting! I'm in

Wisdom(Holyword, Divine Power)-1
Falling Spider-1
Armor-1
Strength-1
Dexterity-1
Stealth-1
Rage-1
Total: 7

Anyone want to team up?

Abardam
2007-10-17, 05:45 AM
Why did you decide against implementing "luck"?

EDIT2:Divine spellcasting seems very overpowered. Why waste 1 point on +1 extra life when for the same cost you can get +2 lives and a zombie servant?

What are you talking about of course I implemented luck!
And yeah, I thought about it last night and I'm probably changing Cure and Inflict to 1 life, 2 DSPs.

Question for Abardam

Wounding - I like it...but I seek clarification.

you said

The last line is what worries me about how useful wounding will be. Vitality is generally rolled at the start of your phase (if you took damage), From wounding presumably and then again at the end of the round, from other people sticking the boot in if you took any more damage. (Damage is reset to 0 after the first roll.)

If damage is reset to 0 after the first roll, and wounding looks to only do a couple of points of damage max, then it will be easily negated and you reset your damage. Doesn't this cut the effectiveness of wounding too much? To turn the question around why should the wounding damage be treated separately from normal damage?

P.S. who wants to partner with me? PM me and we will talk tactics.

JAGG

To clarify: wounding (and burning) deals its damage both before your turn and after it. Thus it is added to normal damage. Actually, I suppose a betterish idea is to just slap on wounding damage whenever the guy's damaged. Though burning inflicts its damage regardless, after the affected's phase.

Can you clarify Enraged Smash?

Is it + Attack for every special attack you have or every special attack you are using? Because you can only use one attack at a time...Damage+ for every attack you bought (including Enraged Smash) so if you have it and 6 other attack skills, you'd get Damage+++++++. Huh. This needs to be capped. Probably at 4.

Question: Do divine points regenerate?Nope. Psi does though

North
2007-10-17, 06:04 AM
I think Im in.

Just need to read through this when Im a bit more awake.

Hey Castaras want to make team blue :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-17, 07:24 AM
New to this so just need some clarification:
1) Does everyone start at max psi?
2) Do you choose the lucky bonus at the start of each round?
3) Does Lucky's +1damage stack with Iron palm?

Abardam
2007-10-17, 07:40 AM
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No. You're not actually rolling for Damage with Iron Palm

Castaras
2007-10-17, 11:31 AM
I think Im in.

Just need to read through this when Im a bit more awake.

Hey Castaras want to make team blue :smalltongue:

Sorry, already teamed up with someone(I think).

Just need to wait for a pm...

Raiser Blade
2007-10-17, 12:34 PM
Sorry Kasz but i'm alread on team Jagged-B1ade.
But don't worry we won't kill you too quickly.:smallwink:

Dr. Bath
2007-10-17, 12:51 PM
Dr. Bath is back for another round!

Whirlwind attack
Iron Palm
Charisma: "Go for the eyes!" "Everybody to the limit!" "Charge!"
Wisdom: Inflict wounds ; Smite
Armor
Constitution
Sheild other

I am willing to team up with pretty much anyone. Just make sure you stay to the end this time.

Jagg
2007-10-17, 04:55 PM
Yup Team Jagged Raiser Blade has been defined

For now - whilst high level discussions on tactics is continuing my build is as follows: -

Shield Body
Divine - Cure wounds, Holy Word
Juggernaut
Constitution ++
WWA

Kasz
2007-10-17, 05:04 PM
Righto, FLEE!

So anyone mind making a team with me?

Calamity
2007-10-17, 05:19 PM
I'm in.

My stats are coming to a thread near you, soon.

Trix
2007-10-17, 05:19 PM
in retrospect, I'm already in three games. I think i would prefer to give this a proper shot when not so busy game wise. Sorry,

please accept my apoligies

Jagg
2007-10-18, 11:16 PM
This needs bumping!!!

C'mon guys pile in so we can have a MASSIVE BLOODLETTING!!:smallbiggrin:

JAGG

Raiser Blade
2007-10-19, 02:40 AM
*pokes thread*

Castaras
2007-10-19, 05:55 AM
Working on my stats, bear with me...<.<

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-19, 06:39 AM
Current build, may change depending on what others decide to go with.
Armor +
Constitution +
Lucky
Wisdom - Cure Wounds, Holy Word
Charisma - I Will Survive!, It's Just a Flesh Wound!, The Power is Yours!
Shield Other
Iron Palm

Fredricus
2007-10-19, 06:46 AM
Anyone want to team up?

Captain van der Decken
2007-10-19, 09:24 AM
I will, if you want.

Fredricus
2007-10-19, 09:50 AM
Sure! Sounds good

heretic
2007-10-19, 10:38 AM
Team Castaras.

Stealth
Armor
Constitution
Shield Other
Flank
Impale
Charisma-Charge, Go for the Eyes, Everybody to the Limit

Castaras
2007-10-19, 10:40 AM
^ Teaming with Heretic.

Stealth
Shield Other
Flank
Wisdom (Chaos Hammer, Animate Dead((Subject to change)) )
Constitution
Whirlwind Attack
Dexterity

This will probably change alot as I reread the stats again and formulate more plans.

Edit: Will the divine power points regenerate as the psionics do?

heretic
2007-10-19, 10:44 AM
Question:

Lucky seems insanely over powered. Basically it is Constitution, Armor, Dexterity and Strength all put together, except you may only use one at a time.

So why take any of the above skills when Lucky will do just as well and can change to fit the situation?

If my interpretation of Lucky is correct, then I'll take it instead of Dexterity.

Castaras-

Question: Do divine points regenerate?

Nope. Psi does though

GoC
2007-10-19, 11:37 AM
Question:

Lucky seems insanely over powered. Basically it is Constitution, Armor, Dexterity and Strength all put together, except you may only use one at a time.

So why take any of the above skills when Lucky will do just as well and can change to fit the situation?

If my interpretation of Lucky is correct, then I'll take it instead of Dexterity.

It's actualy supposed to cost 2 points. I think he forgot that.

If it is how you think it is then I'm switching both Armor+ for lucky.

Captain van der Decken
2007-10-19, 12:06 PM

It's a flat +1, rather than a step up in die. But pretty good nevertheless.

Abardam
2007-10-19, 08:12 PM
It's actualy supposed to cost 2 points. I think he forgot that.

If it is how you think it is then I'm switching both Armor+ for lucky.Eheh. Whoops.

So as to not screw with the people who have taken it already, I'll just have it be disabled for 1 round after it is used or something

Orzel
2007-10-19, 08:26 PM
I want to play

And I want to eat people

Khaldan
2007-10-19, 08:29 PM
Hrm.. Let's go solo.. unless someone wants to team up..

Wisdom II- cure wounds, holy word, chaos hammer, inflict wounds
Lucky
Consititution
Dexterity
whirlwind attack
juggernaut stance

Captain van der Decken
2007-10-20, 02:29 AM
Okay, teaming with Fredricus.

Shield Body
Constitution
Armour
Expertise
Champion
Juggernaut

Might be subject to change.

Castaras
2007-10-20, 02:51 AM
So wisdom points don't regenerate?

Damn.

*goes to look for anything that might regenerate wisdom points*

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-20, 04:13 AM
Eheh. Whoops.

So as to not screw with the people who have taken it already, I'll just have it be disabled for 1 round after it is used or something

Don't see why Lucky needed to be nerfed, a 1 point bonus is nice but it isn't exactly overpowered considering you have to choose what to apply it to at the start of the round.
But since it is, my new build:

Armor +
Constitution +
Stealth
Shield Other
Iron Palm

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-20, 06:51 AM
Here's mine:

Armor
Champion
Lucky
Wisdom - Cure Wounds, Divine Power
Charisma- "It's just a flesh wound!" "I Will Survive!" "You are on the way to destruction!"
Shield Other
Whirlwind Attack

Abardam
2007-10-20, 09:06 AM
*goes to look for anything that might regenerate wisdom points*You can't. Them spells are powerful enough already, you know.

Don't see why Lucky needed to be nerfed, a 1 point bonus is nice but it isn't exactly overpowered considering you have to choose what to apply it to at the start of the round.Well, for one thing, it's more versatile, and for another, a +1 bonus is mathematically superior (though, you know, not by much) to an increase in die size.

Hrm.. Let's go solo.. unless someone wants to team up..Actually, you have to pair up with someone now, unless there's an odd number of players.

Jagg
2007-10-21, 08:25 PM
OK After High level tactical discussion with my teammate I am changing my build.

Here we go...

Shield other 1
Energy wave 1
PSI+ 1
Chaos Hammer 1
Raise Dead 1
Quicken stance 1
constitution 1

7 points

*Pokes Raiser blade to get build finished

Abardam
2007-10-23, 05:15 AM
@Jagg: Actually, you can't buy divine spells individually. You get 2 per point of Wisdom you buy.

Also, update: Submissions close on Thursday!

Jagg
2007-10-23, 06:23 PM
Thanks Abardam

Shield other 1
Energy wave 1
PSI+ 2
Wisdom +1 Chaos Hammer, Raise Dead
Quicken stance 1
constitution 1

Calamity
2007-10-25, 01:59 AM
Teaming with Dr. Bath

Stealth
Flank
Shield Other
Sneak Attack
Empower Divine Spell
Chaos Hammer
Fury Sweep

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-25, 05:52 AM
Last minute change.
Armor +
Constitution +
Metaphysical Weapon
Shield Other
Iron Palm

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-25, 06:13 AM
Last minute changes here too.

Armor
Champion
Dexterity
Wisdom - Cure Wounds, Divine Power
Charisma- "It's just a flesh wound!" "I Will Survive!" "You are on the way to destruction!"
Shield Other
Whirlwind Attack

Abardam
2007-10-25, 07:18 AM
Actually, it's not starting yet. But submissions are now closed! The game starts next week, so everyone must have a teammate and a skillset by then.

Castaras
2007-10-25, 11:10 AM
Stealth
Shield Other
Flank
Wisdom (Chaos Hammer, Smite)
Constitution
Whirlwind Attack
Dexterity

Changed stats slightly.

Calamity
2007-10-25, 12:55 PM
Another last minute change:

Stealth
Flank
Shield Other
Sneak Attack
Empower Divine Spell
Wisdom (Chaos Hammer, Cure Wounds)
Fury Sweep

Abardam
2007-10-28, 05:53 AM
Just a heads up to all concerned: all participants must have a partner and a completed skillset by Thursday, November 1.

Orzel
2007-10-30, 06:42 PM
Here's mine

Intelligence
Lucky
Constitution
Biofeedback
Overchannel
Mind Thrust
Iron Palm

Looking for a partner.

Abardam
2007-11-01, 08:32 AM
Righto.

Confirmed teams:
Almighty Salmon + Fleeing Coward
Fredricus + Captain van der Decken
Castaras + Heretic
Streakster + GoC
Jagg + Raiser_B1ade
Dr Bath + Calamity

Players with no team yet:
Kasz
Meynolds
Orzel
Khaldan

Players with no skillset yet:
Eldritch Knight
Mustiado
North

Firstly: Could the four players with no team form up into two pairs?
Secondly: If anyone in the third group still wants to play, I need a skillset before the game starts.
Thirdly: All teams, pick a color.

streakster
2007-11-01, 09:51 AM
Streakster and GoC are going with Chrome.

Fredricus
2007-11-01, 11:58 AM
Last minute changes!

Wisdom(Holyword, Divine Power)-1
Falling Spider-1
Armor-1 -> Shield other
Strength-1
Dexterity-1
Stealth-1
Rage-1 -> Charisma: Charge, It's just a flesh wound, Everybody to the limit
Total: 7

Colour: Red or orange

Dr. Bath
2007-11-01, 01:40 PM
By mixing the powers of red and white in the playground, Calamity and I become............ Team Pink!!

If Calamity has a more sensible suggestion, we'll go with that.

Captain van der Decken
2007-11-01, 01:42 PM
Red sounds pretty good to me.

Calamity
2007-11-01, 01:45 PM
By mixing the powers of red and white in the playground, Calamity and I become............ Team Pink!!

If Calamity has a more sensible suggestion, we'll go with that.

Team Magenta?
Team Teal?

Castaras
2007-11-01, 01:57 PM
Colour for me and Heretic can be Grey again, unless he has a better suggestion.

heretic
2007-11-01, 04:53 PM
Grey's good.

Almighty Salmon
2007-11-01, 06:20 PM
Well, Red is taken. Sorry FC.

So we'll take Blue? Unless you have a problem with that Coward.

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-01, 06:51 PM
Blue's fine unless we can take White :smallbiggrin:

Raiser Blade
2007-11-01, 07:14 PM
Team Black for us.

Jagg
2007-11-01, 08:23 PM
Mwahahar!

Always Bet on Black

Kasz
2007-11-01, 09:21 PM
Khaldan and I have teamed up and we're lime green !

Eldritch Knight
2007-11-01, 09:27 PM
I'd prefer to solo, but if that's not possible, PM me if you want to team.

Abardam
2007-11-05, 10:23 AM
Hum. If Eldritch Knight doesn't find a partner, I'm starting the game (and he's getting a bonus of some sort).

Three other guys, Confirm/Deny?

(If there are still an odd number of players after this, one player would still get the solo bonus, hopefully with the imbalance reduced in magnitude because there would be only one.)

Orzel
2007-11-05, 05:56 PM
EK and I are team Dark Orange

Meynolds
2007-11-05, 09:05 PM
Khaz and Kahaldan already teamed up, I think that makes me the only person without a team.

Eldritch Knight
2007-11-05, 09:55 PM
Dodge
Whirlwind Attack
Power Attack
Frenzy
Dexterity
Armour
Constitution

^ Isn't this a skillset? I had already posted it.

Abardam
2007-11-06, 08:14 AM
@Meynolds: Oh, yeah. I see it. Team lime green.

So since you're going solo, I'd say you get an increase in two stats (you choose), and 2 additional life.

Final lineup:
Almighty Salmon - Fleeing Coward
Fredricus - Captain van der Decken
Kasz - Khaldan
Castaras - Heretic
Streakster - GoC
Meynolds (solo)
Jagg - Raiser_B1ade
Eldritch Knight - Orzel
Dr Bath - Calamity

Once Meynolds picks his two stats (and color), we're getting this thing rolling!

Confirmed skillsets (please correct me if I listed yours wrong):
Almighty Salmon:
Armor
Champion
Dexterity
Wisdom: Cure Wounds, Divine Power
Charisma: "It's just a flesh wound!" "I Will Survive!" "You are on the way to destruction!"
Shield Other
Whirlwind Attack
-----
Fleeing Coward:
Armor
Constitution
Metaphysical Weapon
Wisdom: Cure Wounds, Holy Word
Charisma: I Will Survive!, It's Just a Flesh Wound!, The Power is Yours!
Shield Other
Iron Palm
-----
Fredricus:
Wisdom: Holy Word, Divine Power
Falling Spider
Shield Other
Strength
Dexterity
Stealth
Charisma: Charge, It's just a flesh wound, Everybody to the limit
-----
Captain van der Decken:
Shield Body
Constitution
Armour
Wisdom: Cure Wounds, Holy Word
Expertise
Champion
Juggernaut
-----
Kasz:
Sneak Attack
Combat Expertise
Dexterity 2
Armor
Stealth
-----
Khaldan:
Wisdom 2: Cure Wounds, Holy Word, Chaos Hammer, Inflict Wounds
Lucky
Consititution
Dexterity
Whirlwind Attack
-----
Castaras:
Stealth
Shield Other
Flank
Wisdom: Chaos Hammer, Smite
Constitution
Whirlwind Attack
Dexterity
-----
Heretic:
Stealth
Armor
Constitution
Shield Other
Flank
Impale
Charisma: Charge, Go for the Eyes, Everybody to the Limit
-----
Streakster:
Wisdom 2: Inflict Wounds, Shield of Law, Cure Wounds, Holy Word
Empower Divine Spell
Charisma: The Power is yours!, I Will Survive!, Charge!
Shield Other
Armor
-----
GoC:
Wisdom: Animate Dead, Chaos Hammer
Strength
Armor
Power Attack
Heal
Metaphysical Weapon
Shield Other
-----
Meynolds:
Dexterity
Strength
Armor
Frenzy
Combat Expertise
Two Weapon Fighting
Leap Attack
*pluses to Vitality and Attack
------
Jagg:
Shield Other
Energy Wave
PSI 2
Wisdom: Chaos Hammer, Raise Dead
Quicken Power
-----
Raiser B1ade:
Wisdom: Chaos Hammer, Animate Dead
Stealth
Empower Divine Spells
Shield Body
Intelligence
Twin power
Energy Wave
------
Eldritch Knight:
Dodge
Whirlwind Attack
Power Attack
Frenzy
Dexterity
Armour
Constitution
-----
Orzel:
Intelligence
Lucky
Constitution
Biofeedback
Overchannel
Mind Thrust
Iron Palm
------
Dr Bath:
Whirlwind attack
Iron Palm
Charisma: "Go for the eyes!", "Everybody to the limit!", "Charge!"
Wisdom: Inflict wounds, Smite
Armor
Constitution
Sheild other
-----
Calamity:
Stealth
Flank
Shield Other
Sneak Attack
Empower Divine Spell
Wisdom: Chaos Hammer, Cure Wounds
Fury Sweep
@Khaldan, and Jagg: Taking a skill more than once increases its cost. You both exceeded the skill point limit by one, please modify your builds.
@Raiser B1ade: Divine spells please

Meynolds
2007-11-06, 09:51 AM
Vitality and attack, team Yellow taken yet?

streakster
2007-11-06, 10:23 AM
Is my build not confirmed, Abardam? It doesn't seem to be on the list. I can rebuild if there's a problem...

Abardam
2007-11-06, 10:28 AM
Wow, I fail@reading. List updated.

Raiser Blade
2007-11-06, 01:27 PM
Chaos Hammer and animate dead for me kthnxbai.

Jagg
2007-11-06, 04:36 PM
Drop one point of PSI Abardam - Lets get the contest started

Khaldan
2007-11-06, 05:53 PM
huh. Drop juggernaut stance then, and lets run this.

Mustiado
2007-11-06, 07:50 PM
Yikes, sorry guys... I'd forgotten I signed up for this. ?:/

Have fun, everybody!

Abardam
2007-11-07, 04:56 AM
@Jagg: But then you'd have one extra skill point. If you're cool with that, than okay.

Jagg
2007-11-07, 05:12 AM
Razza Frazza here we go sorry to hold up the process

Shield other 1
Energy wave 1
PSI+ 2
Wisdom +1 Chaos Hammer, Raise Dead
Quicken stance 1

Abardam
2007-11-07, 05:40 AM
Game start!

You are behind metal bars, in pitch darkness, along with your parter. After what seems like an hour, the announcer's voice booms out, "Ladies and gentlemen, we now open the gates for the gladiators! They will fight for your entertainment, to the death! Raise the gates!"

----

The audience roars.
The ten or so steel gates around the coliseum slowly rise, and the gladiators (and Inactivity Lions) step out. The announcer says, "Begin the killing!"

{table]Player|Psi|DPs|Lives|Effects
Almighty Salmon|1d6|5|6|
Fleeing Coward|1d6|5|5|
Fredricus|1d6|5|5|
Captain van der Decken|1d6|5|6|
Kasz|1d6|0|5|
Khaldan|1d6|10|5|
Castaras|1d6|5|5|
Heretic|1d6|0|5|
Streakster|1d6|0|5|
Goc|1d6|10|5|
Jagg|1d10|5|5|
Raiser_B1ade|1d8|5|5|
Eldritch Knight|1d6|0|5|
Orzel|1d8|0|5|
Dr Bath|1d6|5|5|
Calamity|1d6|5|5|
Meynolds|1d6|0|7|[/table]

Round 1 ends on Friday!

GoC
2007-11-07, 09:32 AM
Hey Streakster did you change your build when I wasn't looking?:smallconfused:
I would think it would have been a good idea to at least keep Shield Other...

Unless of course you're planning on going solo due to me being ripped to shreds in two rounds?

streakster
2007-11-07, 11:54 AM
Aww, crap. Miscommunication. Looks like Abardam used my old build, from before we teamed. EDIT: My fault really, I never changed my old post to reflect that...

If I have to use that thing, I think I'm dead in the water....

GoC
2007-11-07, 12:38 PM
Aww, crap. Miscommunication. Looks like Abardam used my old build, from before we teamed. EDIT: My fault really, I never changed my old post to reflect that...

If I have to use that thing, I think I'm dead in the water....

Also I'm pretty sure I said I was using the first build in post #13 but got given the second.
Let's just pretend you're using build #2 in post 13 and I'll use build #1. Ok?

Noone's posted any actions yet so no harm done.

EDIT:
I use:
Shield Other, Metaphysical Weapon on myself

streakster
2007-11-07, 12:44 PM
Righty-ho!

Dr. Bath
2007-11-07, 04:18 PM
Aaaaannnd in the Pink Corner! Dr. Baaaalamaty!!!

"After a true res spell, Dr. Bath is looking better than ever Des!"
"That's right Les, mabye this time he'll be less woefully innefficient....."

Dr. Bath readies his shield and razor-scrubbing brush for the oncoming battle.

Whirlwind attack, shield other: Calamity

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-07, 04:36 PM
((Need some rules calrification. How would Metaphysical Weapon work if you use Iron Palm afterwards? Would it just disappear or does it remain until the next successful non Iron Palm attack?
Also, does sprint avoid the wave?))

Jagg
2007-11-07, 05:05 PM
Jagg steps out, nods to his teammate, and proceeds to run like a madman around the arena screaming like a banshee. He waits until he's near the most of his fellow gladiators before screaching to a halt and saying deep and meaningful words of power. "Whoops, crackle the chicken gibblets, it's time for soup Mr Pie."

Quicken Stance
Energy Wave

Dr. Bath
2007-11-07, 05:27 PM
In light of recent actions:

"CHAAAARGE!!(for me and Calamity, and Almighty Salmon and Fleeing Coward if possible)"

"RUN AWAAAY!!!"(sprint)(trying again, check later post)

@v Curse you Jagged Raiser! Curse yoooou!! *shakes fist from the other side of the arena*

Also, how many points of psi are you putting into the wave Jagg? I think you have to specify.

Raiser Blade
2007-11-07, 05:34 PM
In light of recent actions:

"CHAAAARGE!!(for me and Calamity)"

"RUN AWAAAY!!!"(sprint)

I wonder how many other pople have a way of improving their initiative. :smallamused:

heretic
2007-11-07, 06:00 PM
One shadowy combatant turns to his counterpart, whispering "Go for the Eyes" before disappearing into the darkness.

(Shout targeting me and Castaras)

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-07, 06:38 PM
A slender, black haired elf who appear oddly out of place in a combat arena roars loudly before melting back into the shadows again.
((The Power is Yours! targetting Almighty Salmon, Dr. Bath, Calamity, Heretic
and Castaras.
Sprint if Jagg casting at max/near max power and it can be avoided with sprint.
Shield other: Salmon, Metaphysical Weapon: Salmon otherwise))

Raiser Blade
2007-11-07, 06:42 PM
A slender, black haired elf who appear oddly out of place in a combat arena roars loudly before melting back into the shadows again.
((The Power is Yours! targetting Almighty Salmon, Dr. Bath, Calamity, Heretic
and Castaras.
Sprint if Jagg casting at max/near max power and it can be avoided with sprint.
Shield other: Salmon, Metaphysical Weapon: Salmon otherwise))

Sadly no since jagg has improved initiative just sprinting won't stop it. Also he is going to use max psi=10.

GoC
2007-11-07, 06:51 PM
Me and Streakster (assuming he doesn't post before the deadline) both Sprint.
If needed to escape the Energy Wave Streakster will also shout "Charge!!!!" to everyone in the silver and orange teams (subject to change on promises of NAP).

FC: That's a pretty big group you've got there.:smalleek:

Raiser_B1ade: I think you're playing you're trump card a little too early.

EDIT: Streakster uses Shield of Law on himself (unless he says otherwise of course).

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-07, 06:55 PM
Sadly no since jagg has improved initiative just sprinting won't stop it. Also he is going to use max psi=10.

But since I do as well, it's just a question of if sprinting only avoids physical or all.

EDIT:
@Raiser_Blade: With quicken stance max Jagg can spend is 9 psi.
@GoC: Just trying to survive.

Orzel
2007-11-07, 07:16 PM
"Got you next round. Thanks for lowering your Psi. Me and my 1d10 base vitality should be good. But it's d12 now"

Orzel, boosted with speed, focuses his mind and strikes with assurance (Biofeedback, Iron Palm, Lucky Vitality+)

GoC
2007-11-07, 07:22 PM
We're all lucky that Raiser_B1ade forgot to give himself the Charge! shout. :smalleek:

EDIT: What do we do next round when Raiser_B1ade hits us with a 20hp Energy Wave?
Shall we all hit him this turn to prevent that?

Raiser: Kinda sad that your team went all-or-nothing in the first round...:smallwink:

EDIT2: Dibs on his corpse!:smallbiggrin:

EDIT3: Hmm... 36 damage to everyone on the first round while using Quicken Power to make people think that Sprint is useless.
The pure brilliance of it deserves 5 stars!:smallbiggrin:
btw:Should definitely have included Charge! as a backup plan. That was a grevious (possibly fatal?) error.

Jagg
2007-11-07, 07:29 PM
Indeed I am going to be using 8 PSI!!! because I used 1 point for quicken and I'm saving 1 point for something.

Fear the strategy!!!!!!!

Raiser Blade
2007-11-07, 07:33 PM
:smallamused:
We're all lucky that Raiser_B1ade forgot to give himself the Charge! shout. :smalleek:

EDIT: What do we do next round when Raiser_B1ade hits us with a 20hp Energy Wave?

Raiser: Kinda sad that your team went all-or-nothing in the first round...:smallwink:

Almost but not quite you can't hit and flee. Also 24 hp energy wave?

Oh and we came prepared for the long haul not just all or nothing.

Orzel
2007-11-07, 07:38 PM
How much damage is that.

He used 1 psi on Quicken

GoC
2007-11-07, 07:43 PM
How much damage is that.

He used 1 psi on Quicken

(10-2)*2=16 damage from Jagg
(8-3)*2*2=20 damage from Raiser_B1ade

Total=36
*edits previous post to reflect this.

Orzel
2007-11-07, 07:51 PM
Good thing I have d12 Vitalilty.

Now I can mind thrust them all day

Jagg
2007-11-07, 07:57 PM

EDIT3: Hmm... 36 damage to everyone on the first round while using Quicken Power to make people think that Sprint is useless.
The pure brilliance of it deserves 5 stars!:smallbiggrin:
btw:Should definitely have included Charge! as a backup plan. That was a grevious (possibly fatal?) error.

1) Jagg motions to his stealthy partner - maybe he will and maybe he won't - builds the psychological warfare hype - fear the strategy!!!

2) Hey no dibs on corpses - We kill 'em WE raise 'em

3) Woot 5 star strategy - brilliance woot! :elan: hey that's my line.

GoC
2007-11-07, 08:05 PM
Note: If too many people Sprint+Charge this round then Raiser_B1ade will probably wait til the next one before attacking. That's why I reccommend we kill him this turn.

Orzel: But what about poor me and my d6 vitality (and you actualy have d10+1 vitality)?:smallannoyed:
That's 3 lives even if I Sprint this round!

Raiser Blade
2007-11-07, 08:24 PM
Orzel: But what about poor me and my d6 vitality (and you actualy have d10+1 vitality)?:smallannoyed:
That's 3 lives even if I Sprint this round!

No matter what you and your d6 are gonna get owned hard.:smallwink:

streakster
2007-11-07, 08:26 PM
"And now, the best of what was left, the mad master of mediocrity, the sultan of so-so:

Streeeeeeeeek-Stah!

Shield Other stance, "Charge" shout on my team and the silver team and Orzel (if they don't already have +1 to init), and attack Jagg.

Orzel
2007-11-07, 08:38 PM
Forgot to target Jagg with my Iron Palm

Sweet+2 to Init. That's 3 auto damage to Jagg.

You d6 guys might get lucky.

GoC
2007-11-07, 08:40 PM
No matter what you and your d6 are gonna get owned hard.:smallwink:

Heh.
It shows in that everyone from the previous gladiator games took Constitution.
I thought d12 defence, empowered cure wounds and Shield of Law would make up for it but also thought that d8 psionics meant you had 4 power poionts not 8...
A d10 twinned Energy Wave does 26 (3 lives if you've got d8 vitality) damage to everyone.

I can't help but wonder why there wasn't a team with int++, twinned power, energy wave and stealth...
They could have suddenly wiped out every other competitor whenever they wanted.

streakster
2007-11-07, 08:44 PM
We're all gonna DIE!

Jagg
2007-11-07, 08:49 PM
We're all gonna DIE!

*Checks name of thread*

um...except for the winners...why? What were you expecting?

Jagg
2007-11-07, 08:50 PM
Forgot to target Jagg with my Iron Palm

Sweet+2 to Init. That's 3 auto damage to Jagg.

You d6 guys might get lucky.

Oh you do NOT want to know what I'm gonna do with your corpse.

streakster
2007-11-07, 08:51 PM
It's a quote...from something.

Of course I was expecting to die. Just not this soon.

Umm - just a guess, but Animate Dead?

Jagg
2007-11-07, 08:55 PM
It's a quote...from something.

Of course I was expecting to die. Just not this soon.

Umm - just a guess, but Animate Dead?

Ever see a corpse do the hustle?

not pretty
doo doo doo doodoo doodoodoodoo

Orzel
2007-11-07, 08:57 PM

I'm not dead, punk. You have to deal 55 damage to OHKO me.

But:
1) you have only 1 psi now
2) I have 10 psi
3) I have Mind thrust :)

GoC
2007-11-07, 09:10 PM
I'm still hoping that Abardam walks in and says that Jagg and Raiser were wrong/lying and d8 psi really does mean you have 4 psi points.

Jagg
2007-11-07, 09:20 PM
I'm not dead, punk. You have to deal 55 damage to OHKO me.

Not dead YET *snicker* *snicker* *snicker* :xykon: Oooh nice evil laugh *yoink* I'm taking that for future use.

Meynolds
2007-11-07, 09:26 PM
The announcer's voice is heard in the stands as "Bezerker" Meynolds enters the arena. "Before the battle began, we had an opportunity to catch up with the only soloist in the competition. The following is an audio recording of the exchange."

Reporter: "So why are you going solo in this round?"
Meynolds: "My parter failed to . . . report . . . to the competition."
Reporter: "Really? We had heard you killed him off for some bonuses during the competition. Is this true?"
Meynolds: "No. Complete lies. I deny everything."
Reporter: "Are you sure? Is that your final answer?"
*Pause*
Meynolds: "You know too much." *Swish* *Thud* "*Whistling*"

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/6549/gladiatorqm8.png
Avatar made by me for the occasion.

Now in the arena Meynolds rushes for the center of the growing energy wave, taking an agressive stance and leaping, bringing his weapon down at his target.

Almighty Salmon
2007-11-07, 09:40 PM
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3084/salmonglad2iq5.png (http://imageshack.us)

The Salmon enters the arena. With a smirk on his face.

Haha! This should be a piece of cake. Bring it!

Activate Sprint

Eldritch Knight
2007-11-07, 09:42 PM
Power Attack on Jagg

Khaldan
2007-11-07, 09:49 PM
Fight defensivly, inflict wounds orzel.

((template: inflict wounds: orzel, salmon, FC, and the cure self. Repeat until dead or otherwise stated.))

GoC
2007-11-07, 10:09 PM
Frenzied Powerattack on GoC

*stares for a few minutes

A. That's illegal (you can't activate two stances/round)
B. I'm currently Sprinting so you can't attack me.
C. What did I ever do to you? I was giving you initiative+.
D. Jagg and Raiser_B1ade are going to kill everyone this round so I'm curious as to what you hope to accomplish.

streakster
2007-11-07, 10:28 PM
You know what?

My "Charge" shout no longer affects Team Orange.

Raiser Blade
2007-11-07, 10:32 PM
I feel like jigsaw driving everyone to kill themselves.

:smallwink:

Jagg
2007-11-07, 11:23 PM

Say it with me brother

Fear the strategy!!!!

streakster
2007-11-07, 11:32 PM

You'll feel like a jigsaw with a couple of pieces missing when I'm through with you...:smallsmile:

Kasz
2007-11-08, 02:08 AM
Going to kill everyone this round? AHHHH! *runs around in circles*

Orzel
2007-11-08, 03:04 AM
Dang EK.

I kind of needed those 2 charges! from team silver
so I can go before Jagg and possibly make him lose an action and waste his energy wave

oh well. Have fun dying everyone with d6 vitality.

Abardam
2007-11-08, 07:40 AM
Righto. So.

@Jagg and Raiser: a "point" of Psi is equivalent to an increase in die size. So Jagg can spend 5 max (well 4 because he quickened) and so on, which would drop him to zero Psi (effectively 1d2) for 8 damage to everyone

@Everyone who sprinted: You're still getting Energy Wave'd, since it's not an "attack"

@GoC and Streakster: So that's build number 1 for GoC and number 2 for Streakster, in GoC's post?

@Multiple "Charge!"rs: Same effects (aside from damage) don't stack.

@Fleeing Coward: It (Metaphysical) stays on

@Almighty Salmon, Streakster: Sprinting means no stance or spells

@Meynolds: TWF is different now. You can't attack the same target twice, but there's no attack penalty

Whew. Is that all the points?

Almighty Salmon
2007-11-08, 07:44 AM

Sorry, i'll edit that now.

streakster
2007-11-08, 07:59 AM
Righto. So.

I'll fix that.

GoC
2007-11-08, 08:13 AM
Righto. So.

@Jagg and Raiser: a "point" of Psi is equivalent to an increase in die size. So Jagg can spend 5 max (well 4 because he quickened) and so on, which would drop him to zero Psi (effectively 1d2) for 8 damage to everyone
huh?
Wouldn't it be 1d10=5, 1d8=4, 1d6=3, 1d4=2 1d2=1, 1d0=0?

@GoC and Streakster: So that's build number 1 for GoC and number 2 for Streakster, in GoC's post?
Yep.

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-08, 08:18 AM
Righto. So.

So Raise Blade can deal a maximum of 8 without twin power and 4 with twin power, guess their plan just went completely downhill :smallamused:

Abardam
2007-11-08, 08:22 AM
@GoC: Well technically it's 1d0, but, you know. 1d2. So he can resist stuff.

@Fleeing Coward: Well I thought people would use it for Mind Thrust, I dunno. Two lives in one go sounds pretty sweet.

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-08, 08:29 AM
Since Sprint can't avoid energy waves and Jagg and Raiser_Blade have been nerfed:
Shield Other: Salmon
Iron Palm: Jagg
Power is Yours to Salmon, Bath, Calamity, Castaras and Heretic

GoC
2007-11-08, 11:17 AM
All right then, I Shield Other: GOC, use Charge on my team and any members of the silver team that need it, and attack Jagg.

Umm...
I'd recommend you empower an Inflict or Holy Word spell (or stay with Shield of Law). You're not too hot in the hand-to-hand department but you've got some deadly spells.

Also I think the The Power is Yours! to anyone attacking Jagg or Raiser would be a better shout to use.

streakster
2007-11-08, 11:24 AM
Gah! And you all thought the mad master of mediocrity bit was just a gag...

The Power is yours! to everyone attacking Jagg, Raiser, or Eldritch Knight, and to GoC as well.

Stance: Empower Divine Spells

Inflict Wounds: Jagg

Sorry about that, playing this and finals simultaneously.

Dr. Bath
2007-11-08, 04:47 PM
Ok.

Trying again, as aparently I can't outrun the powaer of the mind.

Sheild other: Calamity
Iron Palm: Jagg
Shout "CHAAARGE!!!": Calamity

That should be it.

Meynolds
2007-11-08, 05:42 PM
@Meynolds: TWF is different now. You can't attack the same target twice, but there's no attack penalty

OK, will change.

Abardam
2007-11-09, 08:45 AM
Okay, so people are ignoring the one-change only rule. That's okay, it's the only the first round.

Anyway...

Round 1

Shouts
Heretic tells Castaras to go for the eyes! Dr Bath commands Calamity to charge! Fleeing Coward inspires Almighty Salmon, Dr Bath, Calamity, Castaras, and Heretic with his power! Streakster does the same with GoC and Meynolds! (also in the future could you specify names for your targets, thanks)

Pre-Main Phase
The gladiators circle each other. All of a sudden, Calamity leaps at Raiser Blade (can I spell it this way please) and sinks his daggers into skin (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1363044) for 3 damage! He then rips them out, allowing Raiser to bleed freely! (For two rounds!)

Oh and Jagg blasts everyone for 8 of course:

Almighty Salmon, Fredricus, Kasz, Streakster, GoC, Eldritch Knight, and Calamity are blown away! Fleeing Coward (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1363065), Khaldan (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1363068), Castaras (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1363069), Heretic (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1363070), Dr Bath (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1363076), and Meynolds (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1363077) try to resist, but are slammed against the wall with force!
Only Captain van der Decken (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1363066) and Orzel (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1363078) remain standing!

Jagg drops to his knees, spent! Raiser loses more blood (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1363079)!

Main Phase
Orzel smacks Jagg upside the head! Jagg's jawbone audibly cracks (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1363087)! Orzel tries to Iron Palm Jagg, but Raiser takes the hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1364949)!

Captain van der Decken and Fredricus are mauled by the Inactivity Lions!

Abardam
2007-11-09, 08:52 AM
Almighty Salmon|1d6|5|5|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4
Fleeing Coward|1d6|5|4|The Power is Yours! (negative) until R4
Fredricus|1d6|5|3|
Captain van der Decken|1d6|5|5|
Kasz|1d6|0|4|
Khaldan|1d6|10|4|
Castaras|1d6|5|4|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4; Go for the Eyes!
Heretic|1d6|0|4|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4; no shouts until R3
Streakster|1d6|10|4|The Power is Yours! (negative) until R4
GoC|1d6|5|4|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4
Jagg|1d0(2)|5|5|Stunned until R2
Raiser_B1ade|1d8|5|4|Bleeding until R3
Eldritch Knight|1d6|0|4|
Orzel|1d8|0|5|No Lucky until R2
Dr Bath|1d6|5|4|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4; no shouts until R2
Calamity|1d6|5|4|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4
Meynolds|1d6|0|6|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4[/table]Quite an explosive start, wouldn't you say? Jagg blasts everyone (except for you know) and is stunned, meaning he can only use a stance next round! But what's this?

Announcer: That Jagg sure is quite the flashy fellow, is he not? Good thing we in the audience are shielded for such occasions as this! Anyway, raise the maze walls!

To your surprise, walls rise from the ground, forming a maze! You can see neither your opponents nor your teammate!

The Maze
Mechanics: Only 'connected' Gladiators can affect (attack, heal, shield, energy wave, and so on) each other within the maze! Any player who connects to anyone you are connected with becomes connected to you, too!

Seek [stance]: Connect to target player or creature
Hide [special]: Break all connections at the start of your phase

Announcer: The walls will be lowered in 3 rounds, or when the Minotaur is slain!

Minotaur:
2 lives, 1d6 attack, 1d10 damage, 1d6 defense, 1d8 vitality, 1d4 psi
The Minotaur connects to a random player each round, at the start of its turn. Slay it to get its Minotaur Axe! (Attack-, Damage+ if you are using it.) If more than one player gets the final blow in, the one who dealt the most damage gets the axe! (In case of a tie, it will be randomly determined.)

Currently Connected Gladiators:
-no connections-

Next round is on Monday!

Meynolds
2007-11-09, 03:32 PM
Umm...
Didn't Meynolds Leap Attack Jagg?
Didn't Streakster target Jagg with an empowered inflict wounds?
Didn't Khaldan Inflict Wounds at Orzel?
Didn't Eldrich Knight Power Attack Jagg?
Didn't Fleeing Coward Iron Palm Jagg?
Didn't Dr. Bath Iron Palm Jagg?

All those listed lost lives before their initiative, thus not being allowed an action. See the first post.

Anyways, on to this round:

I begin seeking a worthy foe named Jagg, leaping at him when he is found!

Eldritch Knight
2007-11-09, 05:42 PM
Whirlwind attack anyone near me.

GoC
2007-11-09, 06:47 PM
All those listed lost lives before their initiative, thus not being allowed an action. See the first post.

Thanks. There's still the fact that I should have 5 DP and Streakster 10DP...
Why don't you Leap Attack Jagg?
Streakster could give you Charge! if necessary.

I seek out Streakster.
I then activate metaphysical weapon.

streakster
2007-11-09, 08:14 PM
GoC, I don't think you can seek me and shield me. Those are both stances. One of us will have to seek, and the other shield. I'll shield you, if you wish.

Anyhoo, assuming that GoC and I connect, I cast Cure Wounds on him.

To sum up:
Shield Other: GoC
Cure Wounds: GoC

GoC
2007-11-09, 10:34 PM
GoC, I don't think you can seek me and shield me. Those are both stances. One of us will have to seek, and the other shield. I'll shield you, if you wish.

Anyhoo, assuming that GoC and I connect, I cast Cure Wounds on him.

To sum up:
Shield Other: GoC
Cure Wounds: GoC

Cast Empowered Cure Wounds. It's got a better life/DP ratio.

streakster
2007-11-09, 10:37 PM
No can do. I can't heal you above your max life, I don't think.

GoC
2007-11-09, 10:49 PM
No can do. I can't heal you above your max life, I don't think.

It doesn't say anything about that in the rules...

Cure Wounds: Your target regains 1 life/ pay 2 divine spell points/ your target cannot be affected by this spell again for 4 rounds

If it's not possible then it's best just conserve your DP.

EDIT: Wait a second...

At the end of the round, all damage is tallied, and everyone makes a vitality roll. If damage exceeds a player's vitality, the player loses a life.

If you lose a life, you cannot act for the rest of the round.

Wouldn't that mean that Meynolds, me and the rest didn't lose an action?
It would seem that we only lose actions when hit by a death effect like Infict Wounds or Mind Thrust.

Jagg
2007-11-09, 11:07 PM
2 Questions for Abardam,

Sooo these new stances...

Whilst I am stunned I can still use one stance

1)
IF I choose to hide this round, What does this mean for those like Meynolds that are seeking me? I merely ask as it states in your explanation that it breaks all connections at the start of your round.

Currently there appears to be no connections.

Does this mean I can be found this round if someone seeks me?

2) There does not appear to be a seek limit. Can I only seek one person or can I seek multiple connections?

JAGG

Abardam
2007-11-09, 11:37 PM
Recall: Raiser shield body'd Jagg, so Orzel hit him instead. Jagg doesn't lose a life.

@GoC: I'm pretty sure I put something in about the phases. Otherwise, there would be no benefit to going first for non-mind thrust/inflict wounds people. EDIT: In the spoiler under Order of Events. EDIT2: It (Metaphysical) doesn't stack with itself, but you haven't used it yet anyway.

@Jagg: 1) They're going to find you. 2) One per round, but multiple connections are permitted.

streakster
2007-11-09, 11:57 PM
What about healing above the starting number of lives?

Abardam
2007-11-10, 12:09 AM
Well I guess I didn't put anything in the rules about that. Buh. Gonna have to fix that. EDIT: Fix as in in the next one. For now though it appears you can

streakster
2007-11-10, 12:41 AM
Um...fix yea, or fix nay?

Jagg
2007-11-10, 01:36 AM
Guess I will be standing around stunned and fighting defensively

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-10, 02:41 AM
Seek Raiser_Blade
Iron Palm Raiser_Blade

Captain van der Decken
2007-11-10, 03:49 AM
Gah.

Seek: Fredricus
Shield Body: Fredricus

Almighty Salmon
2007-11-10, 02:39 PM
Seek: Raiser_Blade
Shield Other: Fleeing Coward
Whirlwind Attack

streakster
2007-11-10, 02:51 PM
All right, change time:

If I can overcharge GoC's health, I use Empowered Cure Wounds
If I cannot, I Shield Him.

Orzel
2007-11-10, 07:40 PM
Seek EK and Iron palm anyone who attacks him.

Dr. Bath
2007-11-11, 07:52 AM
Seek Calamity
Whirlwind attack

Also, Salmon, you're using two stances, which might prove to be difficult to pull off.

Abardam
2007-11-12, 09:35 AM
First off: to everyone who declares actions like: "Attack someone who attacks X," or "Shout Y to everyone who attacks Z," I'd prefer it if you'd not do that, because for one thing, in the case of multiple options, it might make the choice biased; for another thing, it might target someone who is using Stealth, where you would normally have no knowledge of the action. And another thing, I'm lazy and I don't want to have to think about the actions beyond the targets that you list. :o

Round 2

The Minotaur targets Orzel (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1368835)!

Shouts
Fredricus: Everybody to the Limit! Meynolds, Fleeing Coward, Fredricus

Main Phase

The Minotaur hunts Orzel (who is looking for Eldritch Knight) down and brings its axe down on him (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1368839)! Orzel barely manages to roll out of the way!
Jagg, in the center of the maze, is recovering from his energy wave. Suddenly, behind him, Meynolds leaps over the wall and lands a crushing blow (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1368844)... on the space where Jagg was just standing! Raiser Blade arrives, and calls the spirit of Chaos to aid him, but he does not notice Heretic, who stabs Jagg (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1368846)! Jagg is impaled by Heretic's weapon, and takes 9 damage! He loses 1 vitality! Fredricus falls on Jagg (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1368850)then, merely scratching him (1 damage) but nicking a major artery! Jagg loses 1 more vitality, and is wounded for 3 rounds!
Raiser turns around to help Jagg, but just then Fleeing Coward strikes his back with a palm for 3 damage! Calamity adds more injury to injury with a powerful slash (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1368848) to Raiser's midsection for 5 damage! Raiser bleeds for 2 damage! Almighty Salmon also arrives, and so does Dr Bath, and Captain van der Decken.
Kasz finds Khaldan, who is being mauled by the inactivity lions!
GoC finds Streakster and manifests Metaphysical Weapon; Streakster heals him for 2 life.

Jagg loses a life! Raiser Blade also loses a life! Khaldan is mauled!

Connected Players and Creatures:
Minotaur-Orzel-Eldritch Knight
Jagg-Meynolds-Raiser Blade-Heretic-Fredricus-Fleeing Coward-Almighty Salmon-Dr Bath-Captain van der Decken-Calamity
Kasz-Khaldan
GoC-Streakster

Abardam
2007-11-12, 09:42 AM
Fredricus|1d6|5|3|No shouts until R5
Kasz|1d6|0|4|
Khaldan|1d6|10|3|
Castaras|1d6|5|4|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4; Go for the Eyes!
Heretic|1d6|0|4|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4; no shouts until R3
Streakster|1d6|7|4|The Power is Yours! (negative) until R4
GoC|1d6|5|6|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4; Metaphysical Weapon; Cannot be affected by Cure Wounds until R6
Jagg|1d2|5|4|Impaled; Falling Spider'd; Wounded until R5
Raiser_B1ade|1d8|5|3|Wounded until R3; Chaos Hammer
Eldritch Knight|1d6|0|4|
Orzel|1d8|0|5|
Dr Bath|1d6|5|4|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4
Meynolds|1d6|0|6|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4[/table]Announcer: What an outpouring of hostility against team Black! Well, I suppose that's understandable...

Maze falls: R4

Next round is on Wednesday!

Calamity
2007-11-12, 10:56 AM
Hey shouldn't I be connected to that massive chain? I connected to Raiser.

Fredricus
2007-11-12, 11:16 AM
And I used my shout. There should be a cool down period for it.

GoC
2007-11-12, 01:19 PM
Jagg got very lucky. If Meynold's had hit him he'd have lost another life.

Jagg
2007-11-12, 04:56 PM
I Live!!!

And look everyone is connected *evil grin*

*thinking*

Raiser Blade
2007-11-12, 05:02 PM
I haven't used my energy wave yet... :smallamused:

Dr. Bath
2007-11-12, 05:05 PM
That's why we're going to kill you before you can.

I Has Question: Does increasing the number of people in a shout increase cool-down time or not?

heretic
2007-11-12, 11:42 PM
I don't expect so.

Abardam
2007-11-13, 06:46 AM
@Dr Bath: Used to, but not anymore.

Captain van der Decken
2007-11-13, 11:39 AM
Shield body Fredricus, Expertise, attacking Jagg.

Dr. Bath
2007-11-13, 05:16 PM
Hooray!

"Charge!!" : Almighty Salmon, Fleeing Coward, Castaras, Heretic, Calamity and myself.
Iron Palm Raiser B1ade

"The Minotaur's having a good season, eh Les?"
"Too right Des. He had a bad start, what with those Theseus related injures early on, but he's picked up recently."
"He's been devouring his oppenents in the last couple of matches, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he play this one, Les."
"You could say he was 'decapatating the other side', Des!"
"............No Les,"

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-13, 05:23 PM
Shield other Salmon
Iron Palm Jagg

Almighty Salmon
2007-11-13, 05:28 PM
Attacking Raiser B1ade

Khaldan
2007-11-13, 06:17 PM
link to: raiser blade

inflict wounds: Raiser Blade

GoC
2007-11-13, 09:03 PM
I aggressively attack Jagg.

Unless he says otherwise Streakster will shout Charge! to Meynolds, Fredricus, Streakster, GoC and Captain van der Decken. (whom Dr. Bath forgot)
He will also shield me and attack Jagg.

Meynolds: You should seek and attack Jagg.

EDIT: Inlude Khaldan in the Charge! if the rules permit.

EDIT2:If Meynolds doesn't make it in time have him seek and attack Raiser.:smallbiggrin:

streakster
2007-11-13, 09:07 PM
Sure, that's what I'll do.

Orzel
2007-11-13, 11:04 PM
If I kill the Minotaur, can I give my partner the axe? I can't use it effectively.

OVERCHANNEL MIND THRUST vs the Minotaur.

Jagg
2007-11-14, 08:02 AM
well since EVERYONE's attacking me I'm going to run like the hounds of hell are on my tail.

SPRINT!!

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-14, 08:10 AM
So how does sprint work against initiative?
And if sprint bypasses initiative, would stunning the target prevent it from sprinting?

Abardam
2007-11-14, 12:49 PM
Sprint takes effect on the initiative. Stun would not work against sprint, because all effects of attacks (other than damage (this is the deal-damage type of damage I'm talking about here)) take effect at the end of the round.

Also, shouts are getting pretty ridiculous now. Should've capped them...

@Orzel: ok

Round 3

Shouts: Dr Bath orders Almighty Salmon, Fleeing Coward, Castaras, Heretic, and Calamity (and himself? how do you order yourself) to Charge!
Streakster does likewise for Meynolds, Fredricus, himself, GoC, Captain van der Decken and Khaldan!

Charge Phase

The legion takes revenge!
Almighty Salmon slices into Raiser (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1373235) for 6 damage! Fleeing Coward palm strikes Jagg for 3 damage! Heretic attacks Jagg, but it is only a scratch (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1373239) (1 damage)! Calamity tries to attack Raiser, but he is blocked (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1373241)! Dr Bath palm strikes Raiser for 3 damage! Streakster is evaded by Jagg (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1373243)! Meynolds merely scratches (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1373245) Raiser (for 1)! Fredricus deals 5 damage to both with a word of might! GoC strikes a critical area (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1373247) for 8 damage to Jagg! Captain van der Decken cautiously attacks, but Jagg parries his thrust (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1373249)! Khaldan opens up wounds on Raiser for 1 life damage!

Raiser sustains 15 damage, and bleeds some more for 2 extra damage! He loses 2 lives, plus 1 more! Jagg took 17 damage, plus 2 more! He loses 9 lives! Both collapse under the overwhelming might of the vengeful masses!

Main Phase

The Minotaur comes upon the captain (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1373251)! It swings its axe, but the captain heard him coming and ducks under it (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1373256)! Orzel overchannels to mentally own (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1373258) it! However, the strain makes him take 4 damage!
Kasz happens upon the corpse of Raiser Blade and stabs it for some reason.

Orzel survives the strain (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1373262)!

Eldritch Knight and Castaras are mauled!

Connected Players and Creatures:
Minotaur-Orzel-Eldritch Knight-Meynolds-Heretic-Fredricus-Fleeing Coward-Almighty Salmon-Dr Bath-Captain van der Decken-Calamity-Kasz-Khaldan-GoC-Streakster

Abardam
2007-11-14, 12:56 PM
Fredricus|1d6|3|3|No shouts until R5
Kasz|1d6|0|4|
Khaldan|1d6|8|3|
Castaras|1d6|5|3|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4; Go for the Eyes!
Heretic|1d6|0|4|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4
Streakster|1d6|7|4|The Power is Yours! (negative) until R4; no shouts until R4
GoC|1d6|5|6|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4; Metaphysical Weapon; Cannot be affected by Cure Wounds until R6
Jagg|1d2|5|0|DEAD
Raiser_B1ade|1d8|5|0|DEAD
Eldritch Knight|1d6|0|3|
Orzel|1d6|0|5|
Dr Bath|1d6|5|4|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4; no shouts until R4
Meynolds|1d6|0|6|The Power is Yours! (positive) until R4[/table]Announcer: Oooh, that had to hurt! I guess we have ourselves a couple of Funkyodors!

Maze falls: R4

Next round is on Friday!

Castaras
2007-11-14, 12:58 PM
GAAAH!

Sent the action to Heretic only, and forgot to add Abardam's name!

Bah! :smallsigh:

Dr. Bath
2007-11-14, 02:02 PM
Sheild other Calamity
Iron Palm Minotaur.

Also, can Calamity will take my actions for the end of the week? I'm away. Thank you.

Calamity
2007-11-14, 02:42 PM
Sheild other Calamity
Iron Palm Minotaur.

Also, can Calamity will take my actions for the end of the week? I'm away. Thank you.

Okies, I will.

Jagg
2007-11-14, 04:48 PM
JAGG: Gah!!! URG!! BLORG!! I regret that I have but one life to give for the playgr-

Everyone else: Oh just die already.

JAGG: Oh. Okay

GoC
2007-11-14, 04:50 PM
I Animate Jagg.:smallamused:

I also Shield Streakster.

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-14, 05:09 PM
Shield Other: Salmon
Metaphysical Weapon: Salmon

Almighty Salmon
2007-11-14, 05:20 PM
Whirlwind Attack

Eldritch Knight
2007-11-14, 06:17 PM
Whirlwind attack on anyone trying to attack me, (Again.) (please Assume as normal action unless stated otherwise.)

GoC
2007-11-14, 09:37 PM
Would an empowered inflict wounds be treated as an attack for the purposes of Whirlwind attack?

Cause if it is not, then I cast empowered inflict wounds on EK.
If it is, I cast empowered inflict wounds on Fleeing Coward

:smalleek:
Override code 101833!
Streakster casts empowered cure wounds on himself!

Streakster: This is the cooling off period after a linching. A lot of people are just waiting to see who to attack next. Don't try and attack anyone until the next round unless you want to become the fourth Funkyodor...

streakster
2007-11-14, 10:05 PM
Ah, oui. Code 101833 accepted. Sorry about that, just a little trigger happy. Do that in DnD too.

Empowered cure wounds, on me!

Eldritch Knight
2007-11-14, 10:07 PM
What provokation did I give for you to attack me in such a manner?

Dodging Streakster
Sticking with Whirlwind Attack

If you are attacking me only because I am weakened, you will find more resistance than you bargained for. Attacking the weak who has not sought to harm you will only cause others to recognize you as a threat, and they will deal with you.

Khaldan
2007-11-14, 10:13 PM
lucky: vitality
Fighting agressively: the minotaur

Orzel
2007-11-14, 10:26 PM
Fight defensively
Iron palm Zombie Jagg the minotaur

Meynolds
2007-11-15, 05:09 PM
The gladiator named Meynolds works himself into a frenzy and leaps at the Minotaur! And prays for a good roll...

Fredricus
2007-11-15, 07:52 PM
Captain van der Decken: Shields body Fredricus, Cure's himself (1 life)

GoC
2007-11-15, 09:35 PM
Ah, oui. Code 101833 accepted.

Heh.
Sorry about that. I too get a bit carried away at times.:smallredface:

Abardam
2007-11-16, 07:50 AM
Round 4

Main Phase

The minotaur picks Almighty Salmon (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1376781)! It swings its huge axe... but it is blocked by Fleeing Coward (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1376786)! Almighty Salmon retaliates (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1376813), but the minotaur is able to dodge!

Calamity strikes the minotaur in a vital spot (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1376790), causing bleeding and 3 damage! Dr Bath strikes it on the same spot with his palm for another 3 damage! Khaldan attacks it too, but his weapon ineffectively hits only tough hide! Orzel palmstrikes for 3 damage! Fredricus swings powerfully, connecting and chopping off its left arm (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1376795) for 8 damage! Meynolds, not one to be outdone, dismembers it too, separating its right arm from its body (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1376800) for another 8 damage! The minotaur was holding the axe in its... right arm (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1376808)! Meynolds quickly snatches the axe!
Minotaur Axe [passive]: This axe looks crude, but it is good at what it does (e.g. cleaving the skulls of one's foes). Whenever you wield the Minotaur Axe, you gain Damage+, but lose Attack-, as you are not a minotaur and are unaccustomed to such a large, unwieldy weapon.
Captain van der Decken and Streakster both cure themselves (by 1 life and 2 lives, respectively). Fleeing Coward enhances his teammate's weapon. GoC raises a zombie from Jagg's corpse.

Kasz gets mauled!

Abardam
2007-11-16, 08:02 AM
Almighty Salmon|1d6|5|5|Metaphysical Weapon
Fleeing Coward|1d4|5|4|
Fredricus|1d6|3|3|No shouts until R5
Captain van der Decken|1d6|3|6|Cannot be affected by Cure Wounds until R8
Kasz|1d6|0|3|
Khaldan|1d6|8|3|
Castaras|1d6|5|3|Go for the Eyes!
Heretic|1d6|0|4|
Streakster|1d6|4|6|Cannot be affected by Cure Wounds until R8
GoC|1d6|3|6|Metaphysical Weapon; Cannot be affected by Cure Wounds until R6
Jagg|1d2|5|0|DEAD; undead (GoC); 20 hp
Raiser_B1ade|1d8|5|0|DEAD
Eldritch Knight|1d6|0|3|
Orzel|1d8|0|5|
Dr Bath|1d6|5|4|
Calamity|1d6|5|4|
Meynolds|1d6|0|6|[/table]Announcer: Poor minotaur. I hope the PETM doesn't find out about this... Anyway, folks, it looks like... Meynolds, got the axe! Big surprise, there.

Nect round is on Monday!

Kasz
2007-11-16, 10:29 AM
Ah nutbunnies, early American Friday not later. The lions have teeth! Oh dear god the teeth!

GoC
2007-11-16, 11:52 AM
I Raise Raiser!
And Shield Streakster.

My zombie sits around and looks intimidating.
My zombie attacks Khaldan.

Khaldan
2007-11-16, 05:33 PM
hits GoC and jaggs dead body with Holy strike

Fight defensivly

streakster
2007-11-17, 12:09 AM
Charge! on GoC, Jagg, Meynolds, and me.
Inflict Wounds on Khaldan.
Shield GoC

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-17, 08:24 AM
Power is Yours: Almighty Salmon, Dr. Bath, Calamity, Heretic, Castaras
Shield Other: Almighty Salmon
Metaphysical Weapon: Self

GoC
2007-11-17, 09:34 AM
Charge! on GoC, Jagg, and me.
Empowered Inflict Wounds on Khaldan.

Think carefuly about that.
If you Empower an Inflict you won't have any DP left for emergencies.
It may not be worth it depending on how much of a threat you think Khaldan is.

EDIT: Why don't you give the Charge! to Meynolds too? It's nice to have allies.:smallcool:

Almighty Salmon
2007-11-17, 02:10 PM
Whirlwind Attack

Eldritch Knight
2007-11-17, 02:29 PM
Whirlwind Attack

Orzel
2007-11-17, 08:19 PM
Overchannel Mindthrust Kasz

Cull the fragile and weak!

Meynolds
2007-11-17, 11:27 PM
Meynolds pulls out the Minotaur's Axe and, in a frenzy, leaps at Khaldan!

Calamity
2007-11-18, 07:30 AM
Dr. Bath's Actions:

Shield Other Calamity
Whirlwind Attack

Sending in my actions now.

Fredricus
2007-11-18, 06:02 PM
Captain van der Decken's actions:

Shield body Fredricus
Cure(1) Fredricus

Jagg
2007-11-18, 08:11 PM
BRAINS!!!!!

Grr Argh.

Abardam
2007-11-19, 06:21 AM
Round 5

Shouts:
Streakster orders GoC, Jagg's recently-animated body, and Meynolds, and himself too, to charge!
Fleeing Coward bestows his power upon Almighty Salmon, Dr Bath, Calamity, Heretic, and Castaras!

Pre-Main Phase:
Streakster opens up wounds on Khaldan with a touch!
Zombiejagg groans and scratches at Khaldan (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1381228) for 2 damage!
Meynolds raises the Minotaur Axe high and charges across the arena thunderously, but he trips on a rock (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1381231) and falls on his face just before Khaldan!
GoC raisesers Raisers raiserses Raisesreses raises Raiser! (Incidentally, as what type of undead? No statistical reason, purely for flavor purposes.)

Khaldan's wound (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1381237) seems not to be infected...

Main Phase:
Kasz drops down on GoC after he completes his unholy ritual and, though Streakster tries to protect his teammate, KO's GoC with a sap (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1381333) for 6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1381233) damage!
Heretic cuts into soft Zombiejagg flesh (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1381248) for 8 damage!
Orzel blows Kasz's mind (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1381250)! He takes 4 damage for overchanneling!
Fredricus joins in, striking at Kasz (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1381252), but his slash is turned into merely a minor scratch!
Fleeing Coward generates a Metaphysical Weapon for himself!
Captain van der Decken cures some of Fredricus' wounds!

GoC resists the damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1381254)! Orzel reels from the mental strain (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1381261)!

No one is mauled! (Shock, awe, etc.)

Abardam
2007-11-19, 06:45 AM
Almighty Salmon|1d6|5|5|Metaphysical Weapon; The Power Is Yours! (positive)
Fleeing Coward|1d4|5|4|The Power Is Yours! (negative); Metaphysical Weapon
Fredricus|1d6|3|4|Cannot be affected by Cure Wounds until R9
Captain van der Decken|1d6|1|6|Cannot be affected by Cure Wounds until R8
Kasz|1d6|0|2|
Khaldan|1d6|8|2|Cannot be affected by Inflict Wounds until R9
Castaras|1d6|5|3|Go for the Eyes!; The Power Is Yours! (positive)
Heretic|1d6|0|4|The Power Is Yours! (positive)
Streakster|1d6|2|6|Cannot be affected by Cure Wounds until R8
GoC|1d6|1|6|Metaphysical Weapon; Cannot be affected by Cure Wounds until R6; Stunned until R6
Jagg|1d2|5|0|DEAD; undead (GoC); 12 hp
Raiser_B1ade|1d8|5|0|DEAD; undead (GoC); 20 hp
Eldritch Knight|1d6|0|3|
Orzel|1d6|0|4|
Dr Bath|1d6|5|4|The Power Is Yours! (positive)
Calamity|1d6|5|4|The Power Is Yours! (positive)
Meynolds|1d6|0|6|[/table]Announcer: Now the whole of Team Black is under GoC's sway! Hmm... I think we need to spice things up, a little! Send in the Ungerladon!

A massive gate slowly rises, and out of it steps a massive creature with massive teeth, massive claws, a massive tail, and a massive shell covering its back.

The Ungerladon
1d8 attack, 1d12 damage, 1d6 defense, 1d8 vitality, 1d6 psi, 3 lives
Whirlwind Attack
Fortitude
Massive Shell (reduces damage from all sources by 1)
Each round, the Ungerladon attacks a random target from a list of people who attacked it in last round. If no one attacked it, the list includes all players and/or creatures. If more than 3 people attack it, it uses its massive tail to attack all those people instead of a random target.

Ride 'Em [stance]: Roll Attack against the Ungerladon's Attack. If you exceed it, it cannot attack you on that round. Also, if you are successful, you may only affect (e.g. attack, heal, etc) the Ungerladon and other players who are Riding as well; and no player who is not Riding may affect you.
If you fail this roll, you take 4 damage.

Wednesday! The next round is on Wednesday.

GoC
2007-11-19, 08:16 AM
Streakster was shielding me.
Shouldn't that make my defence 1d12?

EDIT: Oh yeah, Raiser is a Ghoul.

Abardam
2007-11-19, 08:21 AM
Huh. So he was. Rerolling.

In the future, please repost your changes, people

Khaldan
2007-11-19, 12:45 PM
.. i wish i could get an attack off..

holy smite jagg and raiser blades dead body.

Fredricus
2007-11-19, 01:24 PM
When is next round? Tomorrow or the day after?

Dr. Bath
2007-11-19, 01:48 PM
Can you sprint away from the Ungerladon?

Actions to come later.

heretic
2007-11-19, 08:40 PM
Just a side note, but back in round one when I used Go for the Eyes, I assumed that it affected me as well.

Your call, but I originally intended to use it on both Castaras and myself. I'm not sure if I was clear enough before. Your call, Abardam.

Abardam
2007-11-20, 12:19 AM
@Heretic: D'oh. Well, I don't know. You could just use it again. (As before, please repost changes people.)

@Dr Bath: Yes you can

@Fredricus: Wednesday

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-20, 03:16 AM
Shield other Salmon
Iron Palm Raiser_Blade the ghoul

Almighty Salmon
2007-11-20, 05:12 AM
Shield Other Fleeing Coward
Attack Raiser B1ade

GoC
2007-11-20, 09:05 AM
Umm... guys?:smallconfused:
Raiser and Jagg are dead...

I Shield Streakster
The zombies attack Khaldan.
Streakster shields Raiser and attacks Kasz.
"Braaaains..."

Captain van der Decken
2007-11-20, 02:15 PM
Shield body Fredricus, Expertise and attack Khaldan.

Khaldan
2007-11-20, 02:47 PM
... wow, i feel the hate..

Lucky-vitality
fight defensivly
holy smite ze zomebies(raiser blade and jagg)

Dr. Bath
2007-11-20, 03:22 PM
"Everybody to the limit!": Calamity, myself, Almighty Salmon, Fleeing Coward, Castaras and Heretic.

Attack Zombie Jagg.

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-20, 05:25 PM
Umm... guys?:smallconfused:
Raiser and Jagg are dead...

I Shield Streakster
The zombies attack Khaldan.
Streakster shields Raiser and attacks Kasz.
"Braaaains..."

The players may be dead but the zombies live. Can't let you have 6 lives each AND control 2 zombies.

Orzel
2007-11-20, 06:39 PM
Ride 'Em
Iron palm the ghoul
Lucky Attack

The monster can't attack me it I ride him right

heretic
2007-11-20, 06:46 PM
@Heretic: D'oh. Well, I don't know. You could just use it again. (As before, please repost changes people.)

I'm trying to avoid the cool down, but it's fine. I can live without it.

The grey-robed combatant appears from the shadows. "Chaaaaaaaaarge!"
(heretic, Castaras, Khaldan, Kasz, Fleeing Coward, Dr. Bath, Calamity, Orzel, Almighty Salmon)

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-20, 08:41 PM
Iron Palm: Streakster

GoC
2007-11-20, 11:00 PM
Iron Palm: Streakster

Looks like you were lying about the whole "just after the zombies" thing.:smallconfused:

GoC
2007-11-20, 11:03 PM
The players may be dead but the zombies live. Can't let you have 6 lives each AND control 2 zombies.

Well given the fact we spent 5 points on those things (lives+zombies) I think you could have...:smalltongue:

Eldritch Knight
2007-11-20, 11:17 PM
Dodge the Ungerladon
Power Attack Zombie Jagg

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-21, 12:04 AM
Looks like you were lying about the whole "just after the zombies" thing.:smallconfused:

Zombies + 6 lives makes you look like threats and the mobs here like to get rid of threats as soon as they see it, especially threats that already got killed once :smallamused:

GoC
2007-11-21, 07:17 AM
Zombies + 6 lives makes you look like threats and the mobs here like to get rid of threats as soon as they see it, especially threats that already got killed once :smallamused:

:smallamused:

I guess Meynold's isn't going to make it so just in case:
Meynold's Frenzies and uses two weapons to attack Khaldan and Kasz!

Note: The round is almost over so he's not in danger from other attacks, thus the frenzy.