PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Blade of the Four Fallen

Vrock Bait
2019-10-10, 08:15 PM
The moon shines on Trethon, capital of the elves, a gem of city lights amidst the dark sea. You find yourself walking through the streets, lively even at the darkest hour of night. Hundreds have traveled across the world to trade in what is called the greatest market in the world; and you are in its center. This place is called the Geas Market, where white magic is bought easily, and darker magic can also be bought... for a price.

Suddenly, you see the glint of a sword among the potions of the alchemists and the scrolls of the magicians. A man in a expensive cloak is accompanied by two hulking henchmen, this stranger can not disguise his noble bearings, even with the hood of a cloak on his head. The glint moves towards him, revealing itself as a short sword.

A smoke bomb is thrown, revealing dark intentions. As soon as it appears, the Geas Market disappears, each vendor teleporting away with their goods. Behind the blade are three warriors in tow. The leader activates a wand on the guards, paralyzing them, before rushing towards the nobleman. The other pedestrians on this street have fled, you are the only ones left.
Roll initiative.

jdizzlean
2019-10-10, 09:04 PM
[roll0] have to wait and see as to what action to take

Alhallor
2019-10-11, 02:32 AM
Look at that market! All that strange and unusual spells. Fireburst, Wraithstrike, Kelgore's Fire bolt... Gandurk had to take some time after he got a rough estimation if he actually wanted some of the spells, and if he was able to afford any of them.

When the smoke and the attackers appeared he freezed, but only for a moment. These guys shouldn't cause trouble in the midst of a City. Though he was a bit afraid that all these probably powerful casters just whisked away. (They're probably just bored.)

[roll0]

Definitely boosting my Dex by 2 Points as a free Action so AC, to-Hit and damage goes up by 1 for 1 Minute.

I don't have a battle plan but if I see the noble I'd try to get in between him and the attackers and scream "I protect him!" And hoping that the other guys I'm travelling with are going to help, the next attacker that want's to getting close to Mr. Fancy will get a punch to the face (Holding my Standard Action) with a Clinging shadow strike.

To hit is in the OOC thread. If I hit that would be [roll1] one of that being acid and the punched one needs to make a Fort save against 13 and if he Fails he has 20% miss Chance for melee and ranged for 1 round.

If I don't see the noble I run to the next attacker I see and Punch him with the same maneuver. (see above)

If I don't see the noble or any attacker... I try to see them harder?

Just edited some stuff so it appears correctly, sorry.

Rattigan
2019-10-11, 07:46 AM
Fendren blinks for a moment, taken aback by the sudden surge of violence. Then she springs into action, trying to recall all she has read about the weak spots of humanoid creatures even as she works to identify what sort they are.

"By the Dragon! Even the capital isn't safe! I'll split off into my darkness so it doesn't blind you all. Please don't let them hurt him!"

She reaches in to a pocket and murky darkness springs into being as she takes out her lucky pebble, and she blends into the shadows that form. The patch of darkness moves up towards the noble but enough to the side that hopefully people will be able to function well still from the light from the stars. Her own eyes need no such help.

Initiative: [roll0]

EDIT: Not too shabby. But the speedy bois are going ahead of me, which I guess works well. Can edit where I move if need be.

Knowledge Devotion roll to identify assailant and gain bonus to hit and damage against them.

Using Knowledge (local) since they are humanoids. I get [roll1]

EDIT: Hot Damn, Nat 20! That means I get +4 to my to-hit and damage rolls against humanoids in this scene. Let me know if there's any other types I need to roll for as the bonuses depend on how well I know each type.

Move Action 1: Retrieve lucky pebble (pebble in my pocket I touch periodically to keep Darkness renewed on since I can cast it at will) and blanket area around me with Darkness.

Standard -> additional move: Rush away from the party so the darkness doesn't hinder them, and aiming to end up nearer to the targetted noble and his guards

Swift Action: Blend Into the Shadows feat. Make a Hide Action as swift action when within 10 of patch of magical darkness, even when observed. Hide Action: [roll2]

NiKkatsu
2019-10-11, 02:04 PM
Kula-Tai takes a few seconds before reacting, all lost in her thoughts as she was - these places of civilization make her nervous. Of course, the structures are all made of natural elements, but they are worked, transformed, and the echoes of the Earth are fainter here.

She adjusts her little round spectacles and gasps: Violence!? Unsurprising. These cities are full of it, she thinks to herself.
Grasping the piece of unworked quartz she wears around her neck, she concentrates on the Earth, extending it's song all around her. A faint hum fills the air, emanating from the quartz, the blessing envelopping the nobleman as well as the individuals she saw rise up to protect him.

Then, carefully, she draws her prized scimitar, green fluid dripping from the blade; droplets sizzle as they come in contact with the ground. She advances slowly, observing before taking any further action.

[roll0]
Kula uses an immediate action to extend her protection devotion to everyone within 30ft (+3 to AC, including to the nobleman) and draws her weapon as she steps a little closer to the action. She prepares an action to cast a spell should the swordsman try to hit the noble
I'll roll the spell in advance since I have a feeling the nobleman will be attacked anyways. She casts spirit jaws, so a [roll1] to hit and if that's a hit there is [roll2] plus a grapple check of [roll3]

Stone-Ears
2019-10-11, 02:18 PM
Hap strolls about, looking for masks to buy and other shiny things that may catch his attention. Truly this is a wonderful market.

Hap sees all the commotion and readies himself willing to spring into action against any ill deeds

I won't be able to see what my roll is until later tonight but I'm trying from my phone to roll a d20 + 6
[roll0]

Hap typically being speedy is one of the slower actors this time. I move closer to the goblin with the sword and once within 25 feet of the goblin. Hap will cast grease on the goblin's sword to try and force the goblin to drop the weapon. This is assuming he's not dead by the time hap can cast that spell

jdizzlean
2019-10-15, 09:52 PM
I'm going to post my action so it can happen w/o me, since i won't be able to post (most likely) until friday after this, but we'll see.

Pod is always curious when he comes upon a new settlement. There are as many types of Elves, as there are waves in the ocean after all. And this Magic Mart is certainly interesting indeed. Why, one moment it is festooned in a vivid array of stalls and booths, and the next there's naught but a set of ruffians who seem intent on ill action. A Ranger is ever prepared for battle, and in one swift action Pod lets fly a volley at the apparent leader of this troupe.

I'm assuming the leader is an arcane caster, if not, reduce my attack rolls by 1, and damage by 2.

Cast Swift Haste: Gain haste for [roll0] rounds, granting +30 to all speeds, an extra attack at full BAB during a full attack, +1 to attacks and AC/REF saves.
+9 ranged attack, +1 hasted, +1 point blank shot
attack 1: [roll1] for [roll2] the +7 is: +1 from bow, +1 ea fire, electricity, cold, acid crystals, +2 favored enemy.
attack 2 (rapid shot): [roll3] for [roll4] the +7 is: +1 from bow, +1 ea fire, electricity, cold, acid crystals +2 favored enemy.
attack 3 (rapid shot): [roll5] for [roll6] the +7 is: +1 from bow, +1 ea fire, electricity, cold, acid crystals +2 favored enemy.

Vrock Bait
2019-11-21, 07:07 AM
Look at that market! All that strange and unusual spells. Fireburst, Wraithstrike, Kelgore's Fire bolt... Gandurk had to take some time after he got a rough estimation if he actually wanted some of the spells, and if he was able to afford any of them.

When the smoke and the attackers appeared he freezed, but only for a moment. These guys shouldn't cause trouble in the midst of a City. Though he was a bit afraid that all these probably powerful casters just whisked away. (They're probably just bored.)

[roll0]

Definitely boosting my Dex by 2 Points as a free Action so AC, to-Hit and damage goes up by 1 for 1 Minute.

I don't have a battle plan but if I see the noble I'd try to get in between him and the attackers and scream "I protect him!" And hoping that the other guys I'm travelling with are going to help, the next attacker that want's to getting close to Mr. Fancy will get a punch to the face (Holding my Standard Action) with a Clinging shadow strike.

To hit is in the OOC thread. If I hit that would be [roll1] one of that being acid and the punched one needs to make a Fort save against 13 and if he Fails he has 20% miss Chance for melee and ranged for 1 round.

If I don't see the noble I run to the next attacker I see and Punch him with the same maneuver. (see above)

If I don't see the noble or any attacker... I try to see them harder?

Just edited some stuff so it appears correctly, sorry.
Alright you’re first, highest init. [roll0]. He’s not quite down, though nearing it. Roll Spot, though.

Fendren blinks for a moment, taken aback by the sudden surge of violence. Then she springs into action, trying to recall all she has read about the weak spots of humanoid creatures even as she works to identify what sort they are.

"By the Dragon! Even the capital isn't safe! I'll split off into my darkness so it doesn't blind you all. Please don't let them hurt him!"

She reaches in to a pocket and murky darkness springs into being as she takes out her lucky pebble, and she blends into the shadows that form. The patch of darkness moves up towards the noble but enough to the side that hopefully people will be able to function well still from the light from the stars. Her own eyes need no such help.

Initiative: [roll0]

EDIT: Not too shabby. But the speedy bois are going ahead of me, which I guess works well. Can edit where I move if need be.

Knowledge Devotion roll to identify assailant and gain bonus to hit and damage against them.

Using Knowledge (local) since they are humanoids. I get [roll1]

EDIT: Hot Damn, Nat 20! That means I get +4 to my to-hit and damage rolls against humanoids in this scene. Let me know if there's any other types I need to roll for as the bonuses depend on how well I know each type.

Move Action 1: Retrieve lucky pebble (pebble in my pocket I touch periodically to keep Darkness renewed on since I can cast it at will) and blanket area around me with Darkness.

Standard -> additional move: Rush away from the party so the darkness doesn't hinder them, and aiming to end up nearer to the targetted noble and his guards

Swift Action: Blend Into the Shadows feat. Make a Hide Action as swift action when within 10 of patch of magical darkness, even when observed. Hide Action: [roll2]

Yup, you’re pretty near. Nobody sees you.

Kula-Tai takes a few seconds before reacting, all lost in her thoughts as she was - these places of civilization make her nervous. Of course, the structures are all made of natural elements, but they are worked, transformed, and the echoes of the Earth are fainter here.

She adjusts her little round spectacles and gasps: Violence!? Unsurprising. These cities are full of it, she thinks to herself.
Grasping the piece of unworked quartz she wears around her neck, she concentrates on the Earth, extending it's song all around her. A faint hum fills the air, emanating from the quartz, the blessing envelopping the nobleman as well as the individuals she saw rise up to protect him.

Then, carefully, she draws her prized scimitar, green fluid dripping from the blade; droplets sizzle as they come in contact with the ground. She advances slowly, observing before taking any further action.

[roll0]
Kula uses an immediate action to extend her protection devotion to everyone within 30ft (+3 to AC, including to the nobleman) and draws her weapon as she steps a little closer to the action. She prepares an action to cast a spell should the swordsman try to hit the noble
I'll roll the spell in advance since I have a feeling the nobleman will be attacked anyways. She casts spirit jaws, so a [roll1] to hit and if that's a hit there is [roll2] plus a grapple check of [roll3]

Hap strolls about, looking for masks to buy and other shiny things that may catch his attention. Truly this is a wonderful market.

Hap sees all the commotion and readies himself willing to spring into action against any ill deeds

I won't be able to see what my roll is until later tonight but I'm trying from my phone to roll a d20 + 6
[roll0]

Hap typically being speedy is one of the slower actors this time. I move closer to the goblin with the sword and once within 25 feet of the goblin. Hap will cast grease on the goblin's sword to try and force the goblin to drop the weapon. This is assuming he's not dead by the time hap can cast that spell

He drops his weapon on the ground, loudly. (Rolled IRL)

I'm going to post my action so it can happen w/o me, since i won't be able to post (most likely) until friday after this, but we'll see.

Pod is always curious when he comes upon a new settlement. There are as many types of Elves, as there are waves in the ocean after all. And this Magic Mart is certainly interesting indeed. Why, one moment it is festooned in a vivid array of stalls and booths, and the next there's naught but a set of ruffians who seem intent on ill action. A Ranger is ever prepared for battle, and in one swift action Pod lets fly a volley at the apparent leader of this troupe.

I'm assuming the leader is an arcane caster, if not, reduce my attack rolls by 1, and damage by 2.

Cast Swift Haste: Gain haste for [roll0] rounds, granting +30 to all speeds, an extra attack at full BAB during a full attack, +1 to attacks and AC/REF saves.
+9 ranged attack, +1 hasted, +1 point blank shot
attack 1: [roll1] for [roll2] the +7 is: +1 from bow, +1 ea fire, electricity, cold, acid crystals, +2 favored enemy.
attack 2 (rapid shot): [roll3] for [roll4] the +7 is: +1 from bow, +1 ea fire, electricity, cold, acid crystals +2 favored enemy.
attack 3 (rapid shot): [roll5] for [roll6] the +7 is: +1 from bow, +1 ea fire, electricity, cold, acid crystals +2 favored enemy.

Your arcane bonus.... has no effect. I’ll be back with IC comments and enemy actions in a few.

Vrock Bait
2019-12-30, 12:00 AM
Hostiles: [roll0]
Noble: [roll1]

The goblin takes the punch well, but it is obvious that he has some kind of internal wound. He creates a shield of force around himself. (Inertial Armor)
Next to him, his companion charges at the attacker. Atk:1d20+3.5[roll] Dmg: [roll]1d3+1d6
The final goblin is subdued by the grease spell.
Meanwhile, the noble runs to the relative safety behind his makeshift saviors.

Rattigan
2020-01-02, 10:18 AM
Fendren takes her time, lining up a shot with the biggest threat before a bolt flashes out of the darkness.

Aiming for whichever enemy is still up at my initiative.

To-hit [roll0]
crit confirm (if needed) [roll1]

Damage [roll2]