PDA

View Full Version : garrarg!!! afterlife!!!

wojonatior
2007-10-16, 07:45 PM
i admit rich burlew is the best webcomic maker and im getting a little annoyed how this is the 10th afterlife strip and there are 7 other groups(6 if hinjo n' friends and the rest of oots are one group) it would be nice if he got back to them soon.:huff: :huff: :smallredface:

†Seer†
2007-10-16, 07:50 PM
I think the general idea on the forums is he won't go back to them until after the end of this arc (#500), but who knows? Rich has surprised us before...

waffletaco
2007-10-16, 07:54 PM
it's funny that you say that because everyone was clamoring for the afterlife strips, and now that it's here, I also wonder what's going on on the mortal plane.

Porthos
2007-10-16, 08:09 PM
We didn't see Roy in action from strip #444 to #482. I think he is deserving a "me time" right now. :smallsmile:

Shatteredtower
2007-10-16, 08:09 PM
Heh. "Don't split the party!" takes on a whole new meaning, I see.

Antamar
2007-10-16, 08:11 PM
The way I see it, this is making up for the time when we say nothing of Roy other than Flopsy for nearly 40 strips.

Dragon_Keeper
2007-10-16, 08:36 PM
This is the beginning of a new book. Rich always takes it slow action-wise when he starts off a new book. After we finish this arc we will go back to another group, either Elan's, Haley's, or Xykon's. Then we will probably stick with them for a mini-arc, and everyone on the forums will be complaining how we are not seeing what the others are doing, including Roy. It's a cycle, just wait.

LordVader
2007-10-16, 08:38 PM
Yes, I'm loving seeing Roy again. All those still-breathing no0bs can wait.:smalltongue:

I predict it goes back to Azure City at strip #500.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-10-16, 08:45 PM
Surest way to lose the story thread is to jump back and forth from group to group without getting any sense what's going on.

We'll get to the others once we get all the necessary information the current afterlife scenes need to give us.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-16, 09:03 PM
I suggest you calm down. Shouting on the internet is bad for your blood pressure.

Or, if you want to give yourself a coronary, try reading this (http://captainsnes.com).

Seriously. I've forgotten most of the supporting cast in that comic by now.

Lord Anath'Kash
2007-10-17, 03:59 AM
This happens every time we reach a new scene in the comic.

"I'm sick of -insert place here-"

Eh, Rich can't please everyone, sit down and enjoy the ride, everyone else is. :smallannoyed:

katyland
2007-10-17, 08:46 AM
i admit rich burlew is the best webcomic maker and im getting a little annoyed how this is the 10th afterlife strip and there are 7 other groups(6 if hinjo n' friends and the rest of oots are one group) it would be nice if he got back to them soon.:huff: :huff: :smallredface:

Yes, but have you read the FAQ? Rich points out that whenever he gets suggestions or ideas or complaints about the plot, he might continue the way it was complained about just to throw us off. http://www.giantitp.com/FAQ.html#faq8 If you'll read this, you will see my point. So, now, he might be continuing with Roy because there have been complaints. It's possible.

K.Hubbard

FrostXian
2007-10-17, 10:52 AM
I've been looking for a point, tell me if you find any.

Lord Zentei
2007-10-17, 11:43 AM

At a guess, we'll be in the afterlife till #500. And yes, Roy deserves some time on screen for a change.

Also: I seem to vaguely recall the Giant saying something to the effect of the strip toning down the pace from grand pageant to the gag format of bygone days once the battle for Azure City was over -- at least for a while.

So: sit back and enjoy the ride. :smallwink:

katyland
2007-10-17, 02:26 PM
I've been looking for a point, tell me if you find any.

Q: Wouldn.t it be cool if X, Y, and Z happened? You should totally do that.

A: Thanks, but I prefer to create my own plots. In fact, I try not to read anything where people suggest upcoming plot ideas because I hate it when people guess what is going to happen. I feel the uncontrollable urge to change what happens, just to prove them wrong. Petty? Probably.

See? That's my point.

K.Hubbard

Jawajoey
2007-10-17, 03:59 PM
I was going to make a civil reply to the topic, but instead I'm going to imagine the tortures you'll receive in hell for your horrible, horrible sig.

Lord Zentei
2007-10-17, 04:09 PM
See? That's my point.

K.Hubbard

I thought FrostXian meant "point to this thread". :smallconfused:

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-10-17, 08:33 PM

Well, I'm just glad we're FINALLY away from Azure City. I hope we don't see AC for a very long time. If ever.

Anyway, I'm just glad Rich is focusing right now on a main character, rather than ones who aren't even a part of OOTS.

I love the fact we're getting more jokes and gags rather than "epic" yet depressing storylines. I much prefer the 'light' strips to the 'dark' ones. The AC storyline was getting way too melodramatic for my tastes.

I'm sure at #500, we'll get back to Elan and company. I just wish Haley and Belkar can get out of AC very quickly and join up with them.

Ancalagon
2007-10-18, 02:33 AM
I really like the afterlife strip. More of them, please.

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-10-18, 05:29 PM
At a guess, we'll be in the afterlife till #500. And yes, Roy deserves some time on screen for a change.

Also: I seem to vaguely recall the Giant saying something to the effect of the strip toning down the pace from grand pageant to the gag format of bygone days once the battle for Azure City was over -- at least for a while.

So: sit back and enjoy the ride. :smallwink:

I'm so glad Rich is doing that now. I loved all the clever gags and jokes. I'm in the minority of those who really didn't like the Azure City storyline at all. The only parts I enjoyed where the funny bits like "I'm a sexy shoeless god of war".

It won't be long before we see them all together again. I hope Elan and Haley are reunited soon. They're so cute together.

I can't wait to see Elan, Durkon, and V again!