PDA

View Full Version : 4E Iconic Town

Dausuul
2007-10-16, 08:24 PM
According to Chris Perkins (http://www.gleemax.com/Comms/Pages/Communities/blogpost.aspx?blogpostid=8764&pagemode=2), the 4E DMG will include a fully detailed starting town, which will be "even more iconic than Saltmarsh." What does everybody think it will be?

I say Threshold.

Karsh
2007-10-16, 08:25 PM
A town comprised entirely of taverns and sewers swarming with rats and old men with mysterious maps.

Rex Blunder
2007-10-16, 08:29 PM
Lidda's General Store; Mialee's Fitness Center; Regdar, Regdar and Hennet, Attorneys at Law.

martyboy74
2007-10-16, 08:33 PM
Lidda's General Store; Mialee's Fitness Center; Regdar, Regdar and Hennet, Attorneys at Law.

Nah, Mialee's Cosmetic Surgery: For all iconics too ugly to live!

Tor the Fallen
2007-10-16, 08:38 PM
Nah, Mialee's Cosmetic Surgery: For all iconics too ugly to live!

Yeah, I like my fantasy art with big tits, narrow waists, and unmistakable western european features.

Matthew
2007-10-16, 08:39 PM
Sounds familiar. The old Boxed Sets were a bit like that, sometimes including an Introductory Adventure; that's one thing 3e was sorely missing, Adventure Module Camaraderie.

Yeah, I like my fantasy art with big tits, narrow waists, and unmistakable western european features.

That's a different kind of fantasy adventure...

horseboy
2007-10-16, 10:59 PM
Okay, I'll say it: "Saltmarsh? Where the hell is that?"

Toliudar
2007-10-16, 11:03 PM
The setting of a classic first edition adventure, The Secret of Saltmarsh. It's been a few...okay, a LOT of years...but I think it was then a springboard for follow-up adventures.

Nonah_Me
2007-10-16, 11:11 PM

DMG II has a fully fleshed out version of Saltmarsh set after the events of the 1st Ed Module.

I like the idea of a full town being put into the DMG; I just hope they don't skimp on other things in order to bring the whole book down to a certain word/page count. I'm sure they don't want it looking like the Encyclopedia Galactica, though that'd be great for me.

Kurald Galain
2007-10-17, 06:31 AM

Never heard of it either. Then again I put down the DMG2 after five minutes because I didn't find any redeeming qualities in it :smalltongue:

Rimx
2007-10-17, 11:17 AM
Threshold fits with the whole points of lights thing. Karameikos was very sparsely populated in Experts box and B modules.