PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Is John Randomized Voice Suggestions

Vaern
2019-10-13, 12:48 AM
My group has been playing Everyone Is John once every couple of weeks for a few months now, and something that comes up every now and then is the suggestion for a randomized game. I'm looking for a handful of suggestions that we could pull out of a jar.

I'm thinking that the best way to do this would be to start with a punny John name, likely based on some form of existing media. Then that Voice will be given a level 3 obsession associated with an exploit that that person or character performed, or perhaps a choice of two possible level 3 obsessions; as well as one associated skill which should help that Voice complete its ultimate objective. For example:

John Valjean
Skill - Disguise
Lvl. 3 Obsession - Choose one: Drive a figure of authority to suicide; or, Be elected mayor while in disguise and using a false name.

Johnny Roznupyerbow
Skill - Playing the fiddle
Lvl. 3 Obsession - Beat the devil in a fiddling contest

John Quixote
Skill - Jousting
Lvl. 3 Obsession - Destroy a windmill

John "J.J." Schmidt
Skill - Forgery
Lvl. 3 Obsession - Change someone's legal name to John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, so that his name is my name too

After drawing the main portion of their character, the players will be free to either fill in the second skill and the remaining obsessions on their own as they see fit or randomly draw their remaining aspects as well. I have several dozen skills already written up for this purpose, but more are always welcome. I also need a lot more level 1 and 2 obsessions to thrown into the pile, if you have any suggestions!