PDA

View Full Version : Updated Gestalt Character Planner, free for all

Xarteros
2019-10-13, 05:03 AM
Hi all, I've been working in small stints over the course of a year or two, constantly making and modifying a 3.5-based character planner for personal use. I get occasional requests for my old v8 copy, but I'm up to v12 now so I thought it was time to hopefully draw random google searches this way.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DEdwe6GOLwc4p5s2P1srFBrgXbcJ-rE-U0djnCMbn5w/edit?usp=sharing

If you want to use it, save yourself a copy to your google drive, or download it as an .XML (I don't own excel, so I won't guarantee you that the formulas cross over neatly)

Highlights of the sheet:

Friendly-ish colour coding system to help you avoid editing the wrong thing and breaking the sheet <3
Overview page to contain the bulk of your day-to-day stats
Fully compatible with or without Gestalt rules (from Unearthed Arcana, also on D20SRD)
Automatically factors in a lot of easily-forgotten rules, like move speed affecting your jump score
Pretty easy inventory/carrying management that even converts values to tonnage if your character has crazy strength
Runs up to 45 levels of planning
Lets you punch in your class stats and skills, and dynamically updates as you build
Only suffers from slightly horrible lag... sometimes-ish (TM)
Works on phones/tablets, but not really designed for it
Has Imperial-Metric conversion for speeds! Plus, lets you keep track of crazy fast character's potential
Has plenty of room for those 9 templates you were planning on taking... if your DM lets you
Lets you separate out temporary bonuses (like your favourite buffs or stuff like rage) with a simple toggle on/off
Is free. Potentially buggy, horribly 'coded', functional-ish, but free!
Has a somewhat nice little character description page with example terms to help people describe things
Remembers that coins have weight, because it's so convenient to forget your 11-billion platinum isn't stored on your credit card
Skill synergies applied automatically where possible, listed otherwise when circumstantial
works for villains and monsters too

Feel free to modify or distribute, it's just here to help people who can't be bothered keeping track of Gestalt craziness on their own <3