PDA

View Full Version : Please critique My Build (Samurai Kobold ) (pathfinder)

Nosta
2019-10-13, 10:34 AM
I May have finally found a build but I'm afraid it may be a bit to weak (My group is far from Mix-maxers but i'd still think this build could use some help so it dose not slow my party down)

I am going with a dragon Theme and so I chose Kobold (I don't think there is any more Dragon like races that are medium size) and also since Kobolds don't have a speed reduction it fit well with the archetype I chose (warrior poet) since its more Dex based

I'll be starting around level 3 to 5 and so it may be while before i get any of the real good abilities of the class (We don't use Exp for level but achievements and such as to when we gain levels such as finishing a chapter in a game (all are games are home-brewed

For this character I am picturing a seasoned warrior I don't dear go to old but maybe all most out of middle age (Seen his fair share of wars)

I'd like to know how i am improve this build with out making it to strong so it fits with the rest of the part but dose not slow the rest of the party down.

the build

Name - ???
Race - Kobold
Class - Warrior poet
STATS (Base on 20 Point buy)
STR (10) / DEX (16) / CON (8)
INT (10) /WIS (10) Cha (16)

Armor class (21) Flat (14) Touch (19)
Base(10)
Size(1)
Natural Armor(1)
Dex(4)
CHA(3)
Armor(2)

CMD
Base(10)
BA(5)
STR(0)
DEX(3)
Size(-1)

Saves
FRT 4 / REF 5 / WIL 4 (7 VS Charm and compulsion Effects)

Offense
(Speed 60 / Initative + 8)
Melee (+1 Small Katana) = +10 (+12 iwith Challenge) /1D6 (+2 Graceful Strike) (+5 With challenge / First Attack only)
CMB (STR 0 + BAB - 1 Size)

Kobold Traits
(1) Fast But Weak (-4 STR +2 DEX -2 CON)
(2) Small Size (+1 AC / ATK ) (-1 CMB/CMD) (+4 Stealth)
(3) Armor (+1 Natural Armor)
(4) Low-lightv**ision 60FT

Traits
(1) Irrepressible You can use your Charisma modifier in place of your Wisdom modifier when attempting Will saving throws against charm and compulsion effects.
(2) Wanderlust (+10 Land speed)

Class Features (Warrior Poet)
LV(1) Skirmisher’s Challenge 1/day
LV(1) Dancer’s Grace
LV(1) Flourish (+10 Land speed)
LV(1) Graceful Warrior
LV(1) Order (Dragon)
LV(1) resolve (2 Uses
LV(2) Order Ability
LV(3) Flourish (+10 Land speed)
LV(4) Graceful Strike
LV(4) Skirmisher’s Challenge 2/day
LV(5) flourish - Harmony of the Tranquil Garden

Feats
LV(1) Quick Draw
LV(3) Improved Initiative
LV(5) Iron - Will

Equipment
(Katana) - Small (Master Work +1 To hit) = 300 GP
Bracers of Armor (+2) = 4000 GP
Belt of Dex (+2) = 4000 GP
Cloak Of resistance (+1) = 1000 GP

Trained Skills
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4).

GrayDeath
2019-10-13, 11:17 AM
There are Options in the Race Builder to build draconic Races (just ignore the huge Cost for the Dragon Type, it assumes you use it to gain access to stuff like flying and SLA`s and Breathw eapons etc). Maybe evenr efluffing an orc (and say replacing ferrocity with natural Armor in form of scales) would work well.

As for the pure mechanics: Its a reasonable build for a Kobold Fighter. As they are traditionally bad at things like that, your fear of being too weak is likely to be true, unless the rest of your Players builds similar Fluff over Mechanics" builds....

Nosta
2019-10-13, 11:41 AM
@ GrayDeath

well I want to play a non-human Race sick and tired of playing humans

and so I made a list of races , numbered them and roll and ended up landing on kobold

the party i play with is usually under powered when it comes to combat and i am usually the Big damage dealer

I could roll for another race but i have the trouble o switching characters to often and so i want to sick by this character and be more about the role-play / fluff but i want to have decent damage out put

I plan to gran a keen katana when i can but i am unsure if my feats are ok or if there is away to get a big more damage out of this character

Railak
2019-10-13, 06:34 PM
There's the Wyvaran, it's a medium sized kobold/wyvern thing.
Wyvaran
Thought to be a fusion of kobolds and wyverns, wyvarans are often found leading kobold tribes, serving wyverns, or even dwelling among true dragons. Like wyverns, they are territorial creatures, but also have an acute sense of honor. Depending on how they are treated, wyvarans can become powerful allies or deadly enemies.

Dragon Medium

BASE SPEED 30ft

ABILITY SCORE MODIFIERS

+2 Dex, –2 Int, +2 Wis

LANGUAGES draconic, common bonus (it doesn't actually say)

RACIAL TRAITS

Flight (30 ft., clumsy)
Slapping tail
Darkvision 60 ft.
Low-light vision

Everything else seems pretty okay, though your mwk katana should cost 325 not 300.