PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Making a non magical bard/jester class for post apocalyptic book

booliusdoolius
2019-10-14, 04:24 PM
Hey everyone, I'm making another class, but this time, I want to make something like bard or jester, just without the spells and magical abilities. Any suggestions?

Malphegor
2019-10-16, 08:24 AM
Automatically gets the Goad feat (Minatures Handbook) to insult an enemy to make it try to attack the jester for sure.

Maybe also Scathing Wit (Dragon Compendium)- insult/mock someone to decrease their attacks?

Psyren
2019-10-16, 12:23 PM
Hey everyone, I'm making another class, but this time, I want to make something like bard or jester, just without the spells and magical abilities. Any suggestions?

Without any kind of magic, the bard is just an Expert that plays an instrument. IIRC the only non-magical ability they even get is Bardic Knowledge. What are you looking for them to be able to do?

booliusdoolius
2019-10-16, 01:27 PM
Without any kind of magic, the bard is just an Expert that plays an instrument. IIRC the only non-magical ability they even get is Bardic Knowledge. What are you looking for them to be able to do?

I want the class to have jester's ability to mock and bards musical inspiration abilities, just without magic. It's annoying, I know.

Psyren
2019-10-16, 03:03 PM
I want the class to have jester's ability to mock and bards musical inspiration abilities, just without magic. It's annoying, I know.

Sounds like you know what you want - homebrew that and slap the (Ex) tag on everything.

Troacctid
2019-10-16, 04:42 PM
Make it an alternate class feature for rogue. Replace sneak attack with some combination of bardic music and jester's performance. Bam, done.

Malphegor
2019-10-19, 11:13 AM
Rogue would be a decent chassis to base a jester on. Acrobatic tumble-type who surprises people