PDA

View Full Version : Grave Cleric/Celestial Warlock combat medic

Swimbley
2019-10-15, 06:59 PM
I’ve been playing this build for a few months, 4th level grave, 3rd level Celestial Warlock pact of chain (Pixie).

Feat: Inspiring Leader

Evocations: Misty Visions, Gift of the everliving ones.

The Pixie serves as an Acolyte for RP purposes, uses heart sense to monitor alignment and condition of the party during inspiring leader ritual. Also the Pixie has a healing potion, or good berry in case of party wipe. He’s instructed to stay 40ft (one move) away from the party.

Due to aide and inspiring leader he has 16 hp, which greatly expands his survivability.

It’s pretty cool, the Grave Clerics mass heal as max die coupled with evocation has turned wipes around. Basically the pixie flys in pops the Berry and I cast prayer of healing as a 3rd or 4th level spell.

Anyhow, he’s a Dwarven Battle Cleric, pretty cool build. I could go into it more deeply, but you get the gist.

Rara1212
2019-10-17, 10:14 AM
I like the idea of using prayer of healing if party members are down after combat, and with your bonus action 30ft range Spare the Dying none of them will be in danger of dying to failed death saves.

Just remember that prayer of healing takes 10min to cast.

In some situations it might be worth even knocking your friends down to 0 to get the max healing XD

Rukelnikov
2019-10-17, 10:54 AM
Hmm, I think you may be misreading some of the rules. Prayer of Healing is 10 mins casting time, it can't be done in combat. Also, you don't have access to 3rd or 4th lvl slots.

You get 4 1st lvl slots and 3 2nd lvl ones from being a Cleric lvl 4 which recharge on a long rest, and 2 2nd lvl slots that recharge on a short rest from the Warlock's Pact Magic.

Inspiring leader for the familiar is pretty good, if you can later spare the slots try also casting Aid on it. Actually you already can, your Warlock slots recharge on a short rest, you can use one to start the day with Aid on for up to 3 characters, or both for up to 6.