PDA

View Full Version : D&D Puzzle that Mixes Clue and Silent Hill!

wallyd2
2019-10-16, 09:29 AM
Hello there adventurers! Hopefully you don't mind me sharing... I ran a Halloween one-shot last week that was basically, a Mystery Puzzle adventure inspired by the board game Clue with the horror aspect of Silent Hill!

Our adventuring party find themselves stepping into another dimension. The only way to save the souls of the townsfolk and escape the town is to find out who killed 5 prominent citizens of the small village town of Quiet Hill and reveal the evil that holds this place together...

So I ran this puzzle in the shell of a one-shot adventure and it was absolutely amazing. Along the way, I provided clues via undead encounters (including an encounter reminiscent of a scene from the movie, "The Ring"). The players were given five "dolls" that needed to be placed underneath five of the six paintings in an Inn within the dark dimension. The dolls were all the same but had something unique about them. One had stuffing coming out of its mouth, one was burnt, one was dirty, one was soaking wet, and the last one's neck would hold its head upright. When they solved the puzzle, the final painting revealed "who done it" and we had our final boss fight...

Here's a link to the puzzle video if you're interested!
https://youtu.be/W-RHvijMHfg

Have you ever ran a one-shot or D&D session that was based on a board game or video game before? If so... tell me about it! I wanna hear the stories. :)