PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Aberration blood

Quentinas
2019-10-17, 03:15 AM
This feat can be taken by a monstrous humanoid? Because they are Humanoid but monstrous so i was thinking if they can take this feat by RAW( probably no but maybe i'm wrong)

frogglesmash
2019-10-17, 04:21 AM
Short Answer:No

Despite sharing a word "monstrous humanoid," and "humanoid" are two completely separate categories, therefore, by RAW, being a monstrous humanoid does not qualify you for Aberration Blood.

noob
2019-10-17, 04:35 AM
But you can probably take human heritage for being an humanoid then take aberration blood.

frogglesmash
2019-10-17, 04:42 AM
But you can probably take human heritage for being an humanoid then take aberration blood.

The number of races that are monstrous humanoids, and descended from humans is pretty small.

Kaleph
2019-10-17, 05:37 AM
That's not exactly what you were asking for, but could prove useful: aberrant dragonmark can be used in lieu of aberrant blood in order to qualify for aberrant feats (link here (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebee/20050704a)), and you can use the "Altar of the dragon's eye" magical location to get aberrant dragonmark for free as a bonus feat without meeting the prerequisites.

Sutr
2019-10-17, 06:04 AM
I believe there was also Mourning Mutate in dragon.

Quentinas
2019-10-17, 06:37 AM
That's not exactly what you were asking for, but could prove useful: aberrant dragonmark can be used in lieu of aberrant blood in order to qualify for aberrant feats (link here (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebee/20050704a)), and you can use the "Altar of the dragon's eye" magical location to get aberrant dragonmark for free as a bonus feat without meeting the prerequisites.

That is an help...except that aberrant dragonmark require to be a dragon marked race and each dragon marked race is an humanoid race obviously so a monstrous humanoid can't take this

Human heritage yes can be an idea but it come to mind only elan , halfblood daelkyr and maybe a tauric human-creature?

And thanks for mourning mutate but no dragon magazine sadly :(

Kaleph
2019-10-17, 06:56 AM
That is an help...except that aberrant dragonmark require to be a dragon marked race and each dragon marked race is an humanoid race obviously so a monstrous humanoid can't take this

You missed the part that says "without meeting the prerequisites". Please check the magical location - I'm AFB at the moment, and the text of the granted ability is rather complex, but I remember it was the easiest way to get the dragonmark with any race (hopefully I'm not mistaken).

ShurikVch
2019-10-17, 08:39 AM
That is an help...except that aberrant dragonmark require to be a dragon marked race and each dragon marked race is an humanoid race obviously so a monstrous humanoid can't take thisCataclysm Mage with Dragonmark Secret (Explorer's Handbook)?

Quentinas
2019-10-17, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the help to each one but now that i have read the magical location that was suggested is ideal thanks :)