PDA

View Full Version : [Evil] Subtype Early

Reinboom
2007-10-17, 07:11 AM
Via races (race + template) and no class levels, what's the cheapest way to nab the [Evil] Subtype without quirky rules twisting?

Armads
2007-10-17, 07:16 AM
You could play a dretch. LA +2, 2 racial HD.

I believe the Planar Chausable soulmeld grants you an alignment subtype.

Clementx
2007-10-17, 05:22 PM
I am amazed that Fiendish doesn't give you the Evil subtype...but it does make you an Outsider that is Evil, so that works almost as well.

CASTLEMIKE
2007-10-17, 10:45 PM
I was thinking Petitioner might do the trick like the Ogre Petitioner in Manual of the Planes since Tainted Minions can't be PCs according to Heroes of Horror.

The Bloodstained template is only +1 but limited to Elementals or Corporeal Undead. The beings are always evil so it should qualify:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=fr/pg20011212b

The necromental is pretty another variant undead elemental with only +1 LA.

I don't believe Bodaks are given LA and they are always CE.

Corrupted Creatures from Book of Vile Darkness are always evil not sure if they were later assigned LA.

***Probably the best would be the Vashar from Book of Vile Darkness. Vile to the core Vasharans each receive a 1 extra vile feat at 1st level. Race alignment is any evil. "Vile beings like Humans". The other no LA race would be the Jerren evil "halflings" alignment any evil.

The_Snark
2007-10-18, 12:31 AM
Unholy Scion (Heroes of Horror) is an LA +5 template that turns the base creature into an outsider with the evil and native subtypes.

Doresain
2007-10-18, 01:38 PM
dont tieflings get the evil subtype? i dont know for sure, seeing as how i currently dont have my MM...

kamikasei
2007-10-18, 01:46 PM
dont tieflings get the evil subtype? i dont know for sure, seeing as how i currently dont have my MM...

Nope, they're just Outsiders with the Native subtype.

Doresain
2007-10-18, 02:14 PM
Nope, they're just Outsiders with the Native subtype.

well thats lame

JackMage666
2007-10-18, 02:21 PM
I don't believe Bodaks are given LA and they are always CE.

Bodaks arn't given LA because they're not supposed to be PCs, at all. I belive their might be LA for them in Savage Species, but still...

Imp and Quasit are relatively cheap. Carnage Demon (MM5), might due, with 3 HD, but you'd have to decide an LA with your DM (probably +2 or +3).