PDA

View Full Version : An idea for a interesting Warlock Patron/Sub class(YOUR SELF!)

FoxWolFrostFire
2019-10-17, 09:16 AM
What if, your patron was your self? To be clear, like yourself in the FAAAAAAAR Future. Sending their power back to the past to gain them the power they currently have.

Just a idea. They can get whispers of the likely future which can say Negate a crit for them selves at first level once per long or short, or roll with advantage on knowledge check. The patron them selves could be in endless change as the warlock may or may not change their future adding a bunch of fun RP options. But it is just a short but sweet idea with out alot of thought in them yet. But I'm willing to listen and hear some other cool ideas.

Ninja_Prawn
2019-10-17, 10:36 AM
You mean like... This (https://mfov.magehandpress.com/2016/01/the-future-you.html)? :smalltongue:

Millstone85
2019-10-17, 10:49 AM
That's how I would mix pact magic and psionics. Assuming 5e ever gets psionics, which makes this somewhat meta. :smallwink:

But I imagine that "endless change" is precisely what such a patron would want to avoid. They empower you so you become them, not some alternate version of them.

MagneticKitty
2019-10-17, 10:56 AM
I read the first few lines and interpreted the patron being the player (human in real life) before you clarified... And I must admit, I was slightly dissappointed to learn you meant the character. A character whose patron or god is the player or dm has always fascinated me.

Queue dramatic music.
"You ever survive when you shouldn't have? You ever feel like you're being watched? You ever think there's something with a hand in everything you do? I propose giant beings playing through our universe like gods!"
Everyone thinks they are crazy.

Misterwhisper
2019-10-17, 11:24 AM
What if, your patron was your self? To be clear, like yourself in the FAAAAAAAR Future. Sending their power back to the past to gain them the power they currently have.

Just a idea. They can get whispers of the likely future which can say Negate a crit for them selves at first level once per long or short, or roll with advantage on knowledge check. The patron them selves could be in endless change as the warlock may or may not change their future adding a bunch of fun RP options. But it is just a short but sweet idea with out alot of thought in them yet. But I'm willing to listen and hear some other cool ideas.

Not a bad idea, kind of sci-fi but cool.

1. Patron of Fate:
You are chosen by fate and it guides you with vast knowledge.
You are never considered surprised and have advantage on initiative rolls.
You also learn the shield spell, and it does not count against your spells known.

6. The Guiding Hand:
For better or worse, you are blessed to accomplish a specific goal. Once per short rest, when you would make a roll with disadvantage, you may spend a bonus action to cancel that disadvantage.

10. Spark of the Scion.
You are meant for greater things, until it is finished, you are protected by destiny.
Once per short rest, when you are reduced to 0 hit points or lower, you are left at 1 hit point instead.
When this happens you regain 1 spent spell slot if applicable.

14. Fate's Chosen.
You are nearing the goal that you are destined for, as you draw closer fate itself empowers you.
You are always under the effect of the foresight spell.