PDA

View Full Version : A character in search of a game

Particle_Man
2019-10-19, 12:19 PM
That feeling when I want to try out a gray elf Druid/wizard/mystic theurge/arcane hierophant and realize that no one I know runs 3.5 D&D games anymore.

Buufreak
2019-10-19, 12:35 PM
... I mean... I do.

Particle_Man
2019-10-19, 12:54 PM
Oh I figured some people here would but while I post here I don’t think I have met any of you IRL.

That said, do you live in Vancouver BC, Canada? And are you looking for a player?

RatElemental
2019-10-20, 12:02 AM
I feel the same way ever since I learned about runecasters.

Silvercrys
2019-10-20, 01:07 PM
Have a bunch of characters like this, mostly builds that come online late because my old group never went past level 9 and stuff that used non-core things because of a weird perception they had that non-core was broken.

Mike Miller
2019-10-20, 01:13 PM
If you are willing to play online, you will likely have an easier time finding a game.

Particle_Man
2019-10-20, 05:09 PM
Would that be online as in play by post or online as in, I dunno, skype or something? Where does one go to play online?

Zombulian
2019-10-20, 05:29 PM
Would that be online as in play by post or online as in, I dunno, skype or something? Where does one go to play online?

We literally have a sub-forum on this very site for online games.

Mike Miller
2019-10-20, 06:56 PM

Roll20 is one. Feel free to join the discord in my signature. We have a looking for game "l4g" channel

Lots of 3.5 chats there

Buufreak
2019-10-20, 09:27 PM
We literally have a sub-forum on this very site for online games.

How someone has been on here ~14 years and missed that is a bit beyond my scope.

Silvercrys
2019-10-20, 10:58 PM
Would that be online as in play by post or online as in, I dunno, skype or something? Where does one go to play online?You can do both, there's a play by post forum here (and other places, I'm sure, back in the 00's there were a few dedicated forums for it though they might be defunct now) and virtual table tops like roll20 where you can basically play in real time over the internet with avatars as minis and stuff. I've heard of people who use Skype to join otherwise in-person sessions on occasion as well. I'm sure there are a lot of discord servers but finding those is difficult if you don't know where to look because you mostly have to be privately invited to them.

None of that is really my speed, I play to actually get out of the house every once in a while so playing from home kind of defeats the purpose, heh. Same reason I play Magic: The Gathering in paper but not on MTGO or Arena.