PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next PEACH - Sorcerer - Revision for a balanced and unique class

Ramamoon
2019-10-20, 05:44 AM
So, who, or what, is a sorcerer?
According to the Player's Handbook:

Sorcerers carry a magical birthright conferred upon them by an exotic bloodline, some otherworldly influence, or exposure to unknown cosmic forces. One can’t study sorcery as one learns a language, any more than one can learn to live a legendary life. No one chooses sorcery; the power chooses the sorcerer. Magic is a part of every sorcerer, suffusing body, mind, and spirit with a latent power that waits to be tapped. Some sorcerers wield magic that springs from an ancient bloodline infused with the magic of dragons. Others carry a raw, uncontrolled magic within them, a chaotic storm that manifests in unexpected ways.

While this description depicts very cool individuals with innate powers, the mechanics behind them in D&D somehow does not support it.
Please, don't get me wrong: I do think that the designers made an amazing job to try to differentiate the sorcerer from the wizard, but now that 5 years have passed, I think we have learnt a lot in the way of how it plays, and how it should play.

For this reason I started this thread with the hope of getting some feedback from all those sorcerer-loving players (like myself) and try to get a more unique flavor for a Sorcerer.

My two cents
Inspired by previous threads (whose links I cannot add here because I have less than 10 posts!), I define the sorcerer as an arcane caster of raw magical power that can bend the rules of magic at her whim. She is the true master of innate magic.
Less versatile and more flexible than the wizard (i.e they do not always have the perfect spell for a given situation, but they can adapt more quickly), the sorcerer should be played with more "guts" rather than "brains".
Even if at the beginning I was fiddling around with the concept of the "spell points" mechanics (as described in the Dungeon Master Manual, page 288-289) I decided that it was way too powerful and... describing rather how psionic works in D&D, not magic.
I've also seen that many sorcerer variants invoke 5, or even 10 more spells known for the sorcerer: IMHO, this is definitely NOT the way to go. If somebody has seen a sorcerer in action, they would recognize the true power that is within them: they would become too powerful, and somehow less sorcerous (and more "wizardy").

Sorcerers are not wizards. I added only 3 more spells known, strongly tied to their origin, but that can be tweaked in a particular way only by sorcerers. The true uniqueness of the class lies mechanically in their metamagic, and this is the area that is more affected by this revision, with one metamagic addition and a capstone strongly based on that.
Without further ado, let's dig in and see.

Note
As you can guess, I'm not a native speaker of English, and I'm sure that I made several mistakes in writing this thread. If some parts of it are not understandable or can be interpreted in different ways I did not think of, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will clarify it in the text.
I used the blue color in the text to highlight my changes, either when old features have been modified, or when new features appear.
Considering that this post is quite long, I've been obliged to add the Origin spells and their riders in another section.

Sorcerer, Revisited

Level
Proficiency

sorcery points

Features

Cantrips Known

Spells Known

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

1st

+2

-
Spellcasting, Sorcerous Origin, Origin spells

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

2nd

+2

Font of Magic

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

3rd

+2

Metamagic

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

4th

+2

Ability Score Improvement, Sorcerous restoration

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

5th

+3

-

-

-

-

-

-

6th

+3

Sorcerous Origin Feature Ability

-

-

-

-

-

-

7th

+3

Metamagic

-

-

-

-

-

8th

+3

Ability Score Improvement

-

-

-

-

-

9th

+4

-

-

-

-

10th

+4

-

-

-

-

11th

+4

Metamagic

-

-

-

12th

+4

-

-

-

13th

+5

-

-

14th

+5

-

-

15th

+5

Metamagic

-

16th

+5

-

17th

+6

15]

18th

+6

19th

+6

Ability Score Improvement, Metamagic

20th

+6

ArchSorcery

Class Features
As a sorcerer, you gain the following class features.

Hit Points
Hit Dice: 1d6 per sorcerer level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 6 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d6 (or 4) + your Constitution modifier per sorcerer level after 1st

Proficiencies
Armor: None
Weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaves, light crossbows
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Constitution, Charisma
Skills: Choose two from Arcana, Deception, Insight, Intimidation, Persuasion, and Religion

Equipment
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:

a light crossbow and 20 bolts or (b) any simple weapon
a component pouch or (b) an arcane focus
a dungeoneer’s pack or (b) an explorer’s pack
Two daggers

Spellcasting
An event in your past, or in the life of a parent or ancestor, left an indelible mark on you, infusing you with arcane magic. This font of magic, whatever its origin, fuels your spells. See Spells Rules for the general rules of spellcasting and the Spells Listing for the sorcerer spell list.

Cantrips
At 1st level, you know four cantrips of your choice from the sorcerer spell list. You learn additional sorcerer cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the Cantrips Known column of the Sorcerer table.

Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher
You know two 1st-level spells of your choice from the Sorcerer Spells list.

The Spells Known column of the Sorcerer table shows when you learn more sorcerer spells of your choice. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 3rd level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level.

Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the sorcerer spells you know and replace it with another spell from the sorcerer spell list which also must be of a level for which you have spell slots.

Spellcasting Ability
Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your sorcerer spells, since the power of your magic relies on your ability to project your will into the world. You use your Charisma whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Charisma modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a sorcerer spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier

Sorcerous Origin
Choose a sorcerous origin, which describes the source of your innate magical power, such as Divine Soul, Draconic Bloodline, Shadow Magic, Storm Sorcery, or Wild Magic.

Your choice grants you features when you choose it at 1st level and again at 6th, 14th, and 18th level.

Origin Spells
Starting at 1st level, your chosen origin grants you specific powers. You learn one additional spell at 1st level between those available to your origin, and then again at 5th and at 9th level. The spell counts as a sorcerer spell for you, but it doesn’t count against the number of sorcerer spells you know. These spells can be replaced when you gain a level in this class only by another spell in the same list. For example, a Black Dragon sorcerer could swap Bane for Chromatic Orb as soon as she levels up, or even for Water Breathing if she is capable of casting the spell at that level.

Your origin spells have a particular rider. If a spell is an Origin Spell for you, you can apply the rider effect whenever you cast the spell. You can apply the rider effect if the spell is an Origin Spell for you even if you choose it as one of your spells known.
To apply a rider, you need to spend 1 sorcery point when you cast the spell. This means that 1st level sorcerers cannot apply riders to their Origin spell. Sometimes, you can decide to apply the rider after you hit with a spell attack (if any), or after one or more creatures have rolled their saving throw (if any); in this case, it will be specified in the rider itself. The Origin spell lists and their riders are reported as a reply to this post.

Font of Magic
At 2nd level, you tap into a deep wellspring of magic within yourself. This wellspring is represented by sorcery points, which allow you to create a variety of magical effects.

sorcery points
You have 2 sorcery points, and you gain more as you reach higher levels, as shown in the sorcery points column of the Sorcerer table. You can never have more sorcery points than shown on the table for your level. You regain all spent sorcery points when you finish a long rest.

Flexible Casting
You can use your sorcery points to gain additional spell slots, or sacrifice spell slots to gain additional sorcery points. You can also apply an appropriate rider to any spell that is an Origin spell for you. You learn other ways to use your sorcery points as you reach higher levels.

Creating Spell Slots. You can transform unexpended sorcery points into one spell slot as a bonus action on your turn. The Creating Spell Slots table shows the cost of creating a spell slot of a given level. You can create spell slots no higher in level than 5th.

--- Creating Spell Slots

Spell Slot Level

sorcery point Cost

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

Converting a Spell Slot to sorcery points. As a bonus action on your turn, you can expend one spell slot and gain a number of sorcery points equal to the slot's level.

Metamagic
At 3rd level, you gain the ability to twist your spells to suit your needs. You gain two of the following Metamagic options of your choice. You gain another one at level 7th, 11th, 15th, and 19th. You can use only one Metamagic option on a spell when you cast it, unless otherwise noted. Metamagic options do not stack with themselves, unless otherwise noted.

Careful Spell
When you cast a spell that forces other creatures to make a saving throw, you can protect some of those creatures from the spell's full force. To do so, you spend 1 sorcery point and choose a number of those creatures up to your Charisma modifier (minimum of one creature). A chosen creature automatically succeeds on its saving throw against the spell, and all the subsequent saving throws, if any.

You can use Careful Spell even if you have already used a different Metamagic option during the casting of the spell.

Distant Spell
When you cast a spell that has a range of 5 feet or greater, you can spend 1 sorcery point to double the range of the spell.
When you cast a spell that has a range of touch, you can spend 1 sorcery point to make the range of the spell 30 feet.

This metamagic stacks with itself, up to a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier; for each sorcery point spent, you can double the range of the spell.
You can use Distant Spell even if you have already used a different Metamagic option during the casting of the spell.

Empowered Spell
When you roll damage for a spell, you can spend 1 sorcery point to reroll a number of the damage dice up to your Charisma modifier (minimum of one). You must use the new rolls.

You can use Empowered Spell even if you have already used a different Metamagic option during the casting of the spell.

Extended Spell
When you cast a spell that has a duration of 1 round or longer, you can spend 1 sorcery point to double its duration, to a maximum duration of 24 hours.

This metamagic stacks with itself, up to a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier; for each sorcery point spent, you can double the duration of the spell, to a maximum duration of 24 hours.
You can use Extended Spell even if you have already used a different Metamagic option during the casting of the spell.

Heightened Spell
When you cast a spell that forces a creature to make a saving throw to resist its effects, you can spend 3 sorcery points to give one target of the spell disadvantage on its first saving throw made against the spell.

Quickened Spell
When you cast a spell that has a casting time of 1 action, you can spend 2 sorcery points to change the casting time to 1 bonus action for this casting.

Subtle Spell
When you cast a spell, you can spend 1 sorcery point to cast it without any somatic or verbal components.

Twinned Spell
When you cast a spell that is incapable of targeting more than one creature at the spell’s current level and doesn't have a range of self, you can spend a number of sorcery points equal to the spell's level to target a second creature in range with the same spell (1 sorcery point if the spell is a cantrip).

Widened Spell
When you cast a spell that affects an area of a definite shape (like a 15-foot cone, 20-foot radius cylinder and so on), you can spend 1 sorcery point per spell level to double each of the areas' dimensions: a 15-foot cone would become a 30-foot cone, and so on, thus effectively quadrupling the area (1 sorcery point if the spell is a cantrip).

Sorcerous restoration
Starting at 4th level, you can recover some of your magical energy whenever you need.
You gain access to the following options:

Quick recovery. In moments of dire need, sorcerers can tap into their inner reserve of magical energy. As a bonus action, you recover 1d4 sorcery points. If this feature brings your sorcery points above your maximum for the current level, the exceeding sorcery points are immediately transformed in spells slots (as per the Flexible Casting feature) or healing (up to 4 HP per sorcery point), or a combination of the two.
For example, if a 4th level sorcerer with 4 sorcery points employs this feature and roll a 3, she can immediately create a 2nd level slot, or a 1st level slot and heal 4 HP, or heal directly 12 HP.
At 6th level you can recover 1d6 sorcery points, at 8th level 1d8, at 10th level 1d10, at 12th level 1d12, at 16th level 2d8, and at 20th level 2d10.

Restful recovery. Sometimes, a sorcerer needs to rest and meditate to recover her full energy. After a short rest, you can recover a number of sorcery points equal to your level.
If this feature brings your sorcery points above your maximum for the current level, the exceeding sorcery points are immediately transformed in spells slots (as per the Flexible Casting feature) or healing (up to 4 HP per sorcery point), or a combination of the two, as per the Quick Recovery option.

After you have used any of these two options, you cannot use any of them until you finish a long rest.

Archsorcery
At 20th level, your manipulation of magical energies is without peer.

You can apply two metamagic options on the same spell a number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier.
Moreover, whenever you apply multiple metamagic on the same spell, you pay 1 sorcery point less (minimum 1). This applies even if the applied metamagics are the same; i.e., a double distant fireball would cost 1 sorcery Point, a twinned double-distant heightened Hold Monster would cost 9.

You add your Charisma modifier (minimum: 1) to your maximum number of sorcery Points.

Finally, choose one metamagic that you know. You get an upgraded version of that metamagic, and a new option to extend its limits.

Careful Spell
You have become very cautious when casting damaging spells.
If you use 2 sorcery points when you cast a spell, you can choose any number of creatures and they take automatically half of damage against the spell (if it deals damage), and they automatically save against the spell (reducing the damage to one fourth, if any).
You gain access to the Protective Spell option.

Protective Spell
Twice per day, when you cast a spell that forces other creatures to make a saving throw, you can redirect part of your own magical energy to protect some of those creatures.
A spell cast in this way is a Protective spell.
If you spend 5 sorcery points when you cast a spell that targets several creatures, you can choose a number of those creatures up to your Charisma modifier (minimum of one creature). A chosen creature automatically succeeds on all its saving throws against the spell, it is immune to the damage of the spell, gain resistance to all damage for 1 round, and can reroll one saving throw against one condition that is currently affecting her.
For any additional 5 Sorcery points you use when you cast the spell, you extend the resistance to all damage for 1 more round, and the creature can reroll a saving throw for another condition affecting her.

Distant Spell
From now on, you can project personal spells on others. If you expend 3 sorcery points, you can cast a spell with range of Self on somebody else within 10 ft.
You gain access to the Far Spell option.

Far Spell
Once per day, you ignore the rules of magic to cast a spell at impossible distances. A spell cast in this way is a Far spell.
If you spend 6 sorcery points and you are familiar with the target (as per the spell Scrying, page 273 of PHB) and you have something that belongs to it (i.e.: a part of the body, like a lock of hairs, or an object, like shoes) you can ignore the distance from the target, as long as both of you are on the same plane of existence: you do not need line of sight to it, but you do need line of effect.
The Far spell must target only one creature, and the target knows your name and that you cast a spell on it.
Targets in areas of dead magic or an Antimagic field cannot be affected, as well as targets that cannot be reached by normal means of travel (encased in Forcecage spell, Imprisonment and the like). In such case, the spell simply fails and you expend the relative spell slot, as well as the sorcery points.
A Wall of Force that blocks one entrance but leaves other ways to reach the target (a window, a tunnel and so on) cannot protect the target.
Spells or effects that block teleportation, like Forbiddance, give the target advantage on the saving throw (if any) of the Far spell.
If you spend 9 sorcery points, you do not need to have anything belonging to the creature, and if the spell fails you lose the spell slot but you do not spend the sorcery points.
If you spend 12 sorcery points, you do not need to have anything belonging to the creature and you just need to have a firsthand knowledge of the target (i.e., you must have met it at least once). In this case, the objective of the spell does not know that you targeted it, and if the spell fails, you lose the spell slot but you do not spend the sorcery points.

Empowered Spell
You have become so adept to empower your spells that now, you can empower also those spells that roll dice for effects but do not do damage.
Color Spray, Sleep, and even Bless can be empowered in this way. Spells with a duration different from Instantaneous are empowered for all their duration, and you can reroll up to your Charisma modifier of die rolls per round.
You gain access to the Maximized Spell option.

Maximized Spell
When you cast a spell that is eligible for the Empowered spell metamagic, you can decide to focus more energy in it. A spell cast in this way is a Maximized spell.
If you use 1 sorcery point per spell level, you can maximize all the rolled dice for the spell.
You can use the Maximized spell metamagic 2 times per day if the current used slot is 5th level or lower, and once if it is 6th or higher.

Extended Spell
When you cast a spell with duration "Instantaneous", you can spend 1 sorcery point per level of the spell to extend its duration to 1 round. If you do so, any creature that at the beginning of your next turn is in the area of the spell, will be affected again by the spell as if you just cast it. The spell will expire at the end of your next turn.
You gain access to the Persistent Spell option.

Persistent Spell
Once per day, you can stretch the duration of a spell to suit your needs. A spell cast in this way is a Persistent spell.
If you spend 9 sorcery points when you cast a spell, you increase its duration to 24 hours. If a spell requires concentration, you need to provide it; if you drop it, the Persistent spell will stop functioning for as long as you do not concentrate on it. The spell will resume as soon as you can start concentrate on it again if the 24 hours have not expired yet.

Heightened Spell
Your heightened spells are hard to resist. If a victim of a Heightened Spell fails its first saving throw, it takes a -2 penalty on its second saving throw (if any). This improvement applies also to the targets of a Pernicious Spell.
You gain access to the Pernicious Spell option.

Pernicious Spell
Once per day you can make one of your spell stick on one or more of your targets. A spell cast in this way is a Pernicious spell.
If you spend 6 sorcery points when you cast a spell that requires a saving throw, you can have all the targets of the spell to have disadvantage on the first saving throw, or you can have one of your targets to have disadvantage on its saving throws against that spell (if any) as long as the spell lasts.
If you use 9 sorcery points when you cast a spell that requires a saving throw, all the targets of the spell have disadvantage on the first and all the other saving throws of the spell.
If you spend 12 sorcery points when you cast a spell that requires a saving throw, all targets of the spell have disadvantage on the first and all the other saving throws of the spell, and they cannot use their legendary resistances to save against that spell.

Quickened Spell
You honed so much your ability to cast spells that, whenever you cast a quickened spell as a bonus action, you can cast a cantrip, 1st, or 2nd level spell in the same round if it has the duration of an action (and viceversa, if you quicken a cantrip, a 1st, or a 2nd level spell, you can then cast any spell you know that has a casting time of 1 action).
You gain access to the Immediate Spell option.

Immediate Spell
Once per day, you can easily manipulate the time needed to cast a spell. A spell cast in this way is an Immediate spell.
If you spend 4 Sorcery points when you cast a spell with the casting time of minutes, its casting time is cut to 1 minute; if it was 1 hour, it is now 10 minutes; if it was hours, it is now 1 hour; if it was 1 day, it is now 3 hours; and if it was days, it is now 1 day.
If you spend 8 sorcery points, you can cast a spell with a casting time of 1 action as a Reaction. After you have used this option, you can only cast cantrips, 1st, or 2nd level spells until the end of your next turn. You can still cast spells as bonus actions and actions as per rules.
If you spend 12 sorcery points, you can cast a spell with a casting time of 1 action as a Free action even when it is not your turn. After you have used this option, you can only cast cantrips, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd level spells until the end of your next turn. You can still cast spells as reactions, bonus actions and actions as per rules.

Subtle Spell
You have learnt how to be your own focus for your spells. From now on, you can cast Subtle spells ignoring the material component if it is worth less than 1 gp, and you need to provide half the cost for expensive material components when casting Subtle spells.
You gain access to the Innate Spell option.

Innate Spell
Once per day, you can strip one spell of all its components and cast effortlessly with a thought. A spell cast in this way is an Innate spell.
At the cost of 6 Sorcery points, the spell does not need any V, S, M (if less than 1000 gp), nor concentration. A spell without concentration lasts for its maximum duration.
At the cost of 9 Spell points, you ignore any V, S, M, or concentration, and the spell is considered a special ability that can work in zone of dead magic or Anti-Magic fields.

Twinned Spell
Your ability with twinning spells has increased so much that you can now twin cantrips and spells that targets areas (lines, cones, spheres and the like). These areas cannot overlap, and you roll just once for the damage of both areas. Targets of twinned spells can receive damage only once per casting of spell even if they find themselves in both areas. For example, twinning a Fireball in a way that both the resulting explosions would affect a dragon does not apply the damage twice, but only once.
You gain access to the Multiple Spell option.

Multiple Spell
Once per day, you can modify a spell to target as much creatures as you want. A spell cast in this way is a Multiple spell.
When you cast a spell that is incapable of targeting more than one creature at the spell’s current level and doesn't have a range of self, you can spend 1 sorcery point per spell level +3 and target two additional creatures instead of one.
If you spend 1 sorcery point per spell level +6, you can target 4 additional creatures instead of one.
If you spend 1 sorcery point per spell level +9, you can target any creature you choose within range.

Widened Spell
You have learnt to widen spells almost effortlessly: whenever you apply this metamagic, its cost in sorcery points is reduced by 2 (minimum 1). This cost reduction affects also the Expanded Spell metamagic, and it is already included in the calculation.
You gain access to the Expanded Spell option.

Expanded Spell
Once per day, you can modify a spell to create a forward expansion wave. Only damaging spells can be affected by this metamagic. A spell cast in this way is a Expanded spell.
When you cast a spell that affects an area of a definite shape, you can spend 1 sorcery point per spell level + 1 to double each of the areas' dimensions, and create an expansion wave that moves from the edge of the spell forward with the same shape and area dimensions. For example, an Expanded Burning hands would create a 30-foot cone, and other 30 feet of expansive wave in the direction of the cone. All creatures in the spell area will be affected normally by the spell, but must also make a Str saving throw or fall prone. All creatures in the expansion wave area take half the damage of the spell (or one fourth if they succeed on the saving throw, if any).
If you spend 1 sorcery point per spell level + 4, you triple all the areas' dimensions, as well as the expansive wave area and dimensions. The creatures in the spell area will be affected normally by the spell, but they must also make a Str saving throw or be pushed 30 feet away from the origin of the spell and fall prone, whereas the creatures in the expansive wave area take half damage from the spell (or one fourth if they succeed on the saving throw, if any) and must make a Str saving throw or fall prone.
If you spend 1 sorcery point per spell Level +7, you quadruple all the areas's dimensions, as well as the expansive wave area and dimensions. The creatures in the spell area will be affected normally by the spell, but they must also make a Str saving throw or be stunned for 1 round, pushed back 30 feet away from the origin of the spell and fall prone. Creatures in the expansive wave area take half damage from the spell (or one fourth if they succeed on the saving throw, if any) and must make a Str saving throw or be pushed 30 feet away from the origin of the spell and fall prone.

Ramamoon
2019-10-20, 05:45 AM
Origin Spells
Starting at 1st level, your chosen origin grants you specific powers. You learn one additional spell at 1st level between those available to your origin, and then again at 5th and at 9th level. The spell counts as a sorcerer spell for you, but it doesn’t count against the number of sorcerer spells you know. These spells can be replaced when you gain a level in this class only by another spell in the same list. For example, a Black Dragon sorcerer could swap Bane for Chromatic Orb as soon as she levels up, or even for Water Breathing if she is capable of casting the spell at that level.

Your origin spells have a particular rider. If a spell is an Origin Spell for you, you can apply the rider effect whenever you cast the spell. You can apply the rider effect if the spell is an Origin Spell for you even if you choose it as one of your spells known.
To apply a rider, you need to spend 1 Sorcery point when you cast the spell. This means that 1st level sorcerers cannot apply riders to their Origin spell. Sometimes, you can decide to apply the rider after you hit with a spell attack (if any), or after one or more creatures have rolled their saving throw (if any); in this case, it will be specified in the rider itself. The Origin spell lists and their riders are reported below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ===Draconic Origin Spells===

Level
Black
Blue
Brass
Bronze
Copper
Gold
Green
Red
Silver
White

1st
Chromatic orb* or Bane
Witch bolt or Silent Image
Sleep or Speak with animals
Speak with animals or Command
Tasha's Hideous Laughter or Earth Tremor
Bless or Ray of Enfeeblement
Ray of Sickness or Entangle
Burning hands or Detect Magic and Treasure
Ice Knife or Feather Fall
Ice Knife or Hunter's Mark

5th
Water breathing or Vampiric touch
Call lightning or Major image
Catnap or Conjure animals
Water breathing or Create food and water
Slow or Glyph of warding
Tongues or Dispel Magic
Stinking Cloud or Plant Growth
Fireball or Protection from Energy
Sleet storm or Leomund's Tiny Hut
Sleet storm or Fear

9th
Insect Plague or Antilife Shell
Mislead or Seeming
Flame Strike or Planar Binding
Destructive Wave or Hold Monster
Mislead or Transmute Rock
Flame Strike or Geas
Cloudkill or Wrath of Nature
Immolation or Dominate Person
Cone of Cold or Hold Monster
Cone of Cold or Skill Empowerment

---*: only acid orbs

---- ===Divine Origin Spells=== ------------------------------------- ===Shadow Origin Spells=== ----- ===Storm Origin Spells=== ----------------------- ===Wild Origin Spells===

Level
Spells

Level
Spells

Level
Spells

Level
Spells

1st
Shield of Faith or Divine Favor

1st
Arms of Hadar or Sleep

1st
Fog Cloud or Thunderwave

1st
Chaos bolt or Hideous Laughter

5th
Spirit Guardians/Haste/Daylight/
Animate Dead/Aura of Vitality/ or
Counterspell/Blink/Beacon of Hope/
Bestow Curse/Thunderstep

5th
Animate Dead or Fear

5th
Call Lightning or Sleet Storm

5th
Blink or Gaseous Form

9th
Hold Monster/Bigby's Hand/Dawn/
Dance Macabre/Dispel Evil and Good or Commune

9th
Enervation or Seeming

9th
Control Winds or Conjure elemental*

9th
Animate Objects or Synaptic Static

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- *. only air elementals

Origin spells: riders

Black Dragon

Chromatic Orb. If you spend 1 sorcery point when you hit the target, it will suffer additional 1d4 acid damage at the beginning of your next turn. If you cast the spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the additional damage increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.
Bane. If you spend 1 sorcery point after having seen how many creatures failed their saving throw, you can apply a -1 penalty to their AC for as long as the spell lasts.
Water Breathing. Each affected creature gains a swim speed equal to one of their normal speeds (creature's choice).
Vampiric touch. The range of the spell becomes 10 feet, and your attacks become spell attacks against the target.
Insect Plague. The swarm is so dense that deals 4d12 piercing damage (Con save for half) and one square of terrain costs 15 feet of movement.
Antilife Shell. The range becomes Self(15-foot radius).

Blue Dragon

Witch bolt. If you spend 1 sorcery point when you hit the target, the spell ends only if the targets moves away from range, not when you take an action on something else or when the target gets total cover from you.
Silent Image. You can use your bonus action to cause the image to move instead of your action.
Call lightning. The creatures hit by your lightnings that fail the Dexterity saving throw are also deafened for 1 round and prone.
Major Image. You can use your bonus action to cause the image to move instead of your action.
Mislead. You can use your bonus action to cause the image to move instead of your action.
Seeming. Creatures that use their actions to inspect the target have disadvantage on their Intelligence (Investigation) check to recognize your illusion.

Brass Dragon

Sleep. After you roll for the total hit points of creatures affected, you can spend 1 sorcery point to reroll any number of dice up to your Charisma modifier. You must abide to the new roll.
Speak with animals. Choose one target of the spell any time during the duration of the spell. If you spend 1 sorcery point, the target must make a Wisdom saving throw against your spell DC or be charmed for as long as you can speak with it.
Catnap. You can decrease the duration to 1 minute.
Conjure animals. The creatures appear with temporary hit points equal to your sorcerer level.
Flame Strike. You can shape the spell as a 10-foot high/20-foot radius cylinder, 20-foot sphere radius, or a 20-foot cube.
Planar Binding. You can expend 1000 gold pieces instead of the jewel material component to bind a creature, and if you successfully binds it, you create a telepathic link between the two of you that last as long as you are on the same plane of existence and for the spell duration.

Bronze Dragon

Speak with animals. Choose one target of the spell any time during the duration of the spell. If you spend 1 sorcery point, the target must make a Wisdom saving throw against your spell DC or be charmed for as long as you can speak with it.
Command. The spell can affect also creatures that do not understand your language.
Water breathing. Each affected creature gains a swim speed equal to one of their normal speeds (creature's choice).
Create food and water. Each creature that eats the food gains temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier that last for one hour, and each creature that drink your water has advantage on the first saving throw against poison for the next hour.
Destructive Wave. If a creature fails the saving throw, it is also pushed back 30 feet.
Hold Monster. You can apply a -1 penalty to any of the targets' first saving throw after you have seen the result of the roll if you spend 1 sorcery point.

Copper Dragon

Tasha's Hideous Laughter. You can apply a -1 penalty to any of the targets' first saving throw after you have seen the result of the roll if you spend 1 sorcery point.
Earth Tremor. You are immune to the difficult terrain you created.
Slow. You and your allies have advantage on the first attack roll against the creatures that are currently slowed.
Glyph of warding. The first saving throw against the Explosive Runes effect and the Spell Glyph has a penalty of -1.
Mislead. You can also teleport 30 feet and can make the illusory double appear where you were standing before casting the spell.
Transmute Rock. All creature have a penalty of -1 to their first saving throw.

Gold Dragon

Bless. All the affected creatures' AC is increased by 1 for the duration of the spell.
Ray of Enfeeblement. If you spend 1 sorcery point when you hit the target, it will deal only half damage with weapon attacks that use Strength or Dexterity.
Tongues. You have advantage on all ability checks based on Charisma whenever you speak with a creature that share at least one alignment component with you on the same axis (Law-Chaos or Good-Evil). For example, a NE character would have advantage on all Cha-related ability checks when talking with NG, NN, and NE creatures, as well as with LE and CE creatures.
Dispel Magic. You can add half your proficiency bonus (rounded up) to the ability check to dispel the spell after you have roll the die.
Flame Strike. You can choose one creature in the spell area not to be targeted by the spell at all.
Geas. The creature you target magically understands any language that you speak. Only creatures incapable of language (Int 2 or less) are immune to this effect.

Green Dragon

Ray of Sickness. If you spend 1 sorcery point when the target fails its Con saving throw, it is poisoned for two consecutive rounds instead of one and, if it has resistance to poison, it looses it for as long as it is poisoned. If you cast the spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the duration of the poison effect and the loss of resistance (if any) increases by 1 for each spell slot greater than 1.
Entangle. You can conjure the grasping weeds on vertical non-living surfaces as well as ceilings.
Stinking Cloud. You can move the cloud 20 feet in any direction as an action on each of your turns.
Plant Growth. You gain cover against all attacks 10 or more feet away from you while you are in the area of the spell and you cast the spell as an action. If you cast it using 8 hours casting time, you can choose up to 5 plants in the radius that will yield venomous seeds once per week. Each plant will yield 3 seeds. You can harvest those seeds and, as an action, magically apply it to one weapon or 3 pieces of ammunition. If you apply it to a melee weapon or a thrown weapon, it will deal additional 1d6 poison damage whenever it strikes an enemy for 1 minute, and then it will lose its property. If you apply it to ammunition, it will last for 2 rounds and deal 3d6 additional poison damage if it hits, and then it will lose this property. The seeds wither away after 1 week.
Cloudkill. The spell ignores ignore poison resistance of the targets, if any.
Wrath of Nature. The spell can be cast at higher levels. For each slot you use above the 5th level, the damage from the Trees is increased by 1d6 and from the Rocks by 1d8. For every two slots above the 5th level, the difficult terrain in Grasses and Undergrowth requires one extra foot of movement, and Roots and Vines target one additional creature.

Red Dragon

Burning Hands. Creatures that are 10 feet away or less from you when you cast this spell take additional damage equal to your Charisma modifier after they rolled their Dexterity saving throw.
Detect Magic and Treasure. You can also detect treasures. The limits of the original spell apply. You can sense where objects or coins are within the spell range and have a rough idea of their value. If you concentrate on a pile of coins or an object in the spell's area, you can estimate its value without error. This spell does not reveal the magical property of an object, only its monetary value.
Fireball. The explosion leaves behind a scorched burning area that deals half the damage of the first explosion (Dexterity save for one quarter) to all creatures standing there at the beginning of your next turn, and one quarter of the damage of the first explosion (Dexterity save for one eighth) to all creatures standing there at the beginning of your subsequent turn.
Protection from Energy. If you choose the fire element, the affected creature is immune to the first fire attack that deals damage to her.
Immolation. You can control the flames. As a free action while the creature is burning, you can make the flames jump also to another creature that is currently within 10 feet of the burning creature. You can assert this control whenever you want, even during another creature's turn. The new target will take 4d6 fire damage, or half of it on a successful Dexterity saving throw. If the creature fails the saving throw, it will catch on fire as per the Immolation spell, but this effect does not require your concentration. You can use this feature only once per spell.
Dominate Person. The target makes a new saving throw against the spell every time it takes damage greater than your sorcerer level.

Silver Dragon

Ice Knife. You can make the shard explosion affect all creatures within 10 feet of it.
Feather Fall. You can cast it even when any effect would make one or more creatures within the spell range fall prone. The selected creatures do not fall prone, and the spell ends.
Sleet Storm. When a creature fail the Dexterity saving throw and fall prone, you can slide it up to 10 feet within the area of the spell as a free action.
Leomund's Tiny Hut. The creatures inside the dome heal a number of hit points equal to your Charisma modifier, and gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier that last up to 1 hour after they leave the dome.
Cone of Cold. If you spend 1 sorcery point after having seen how many creatures failed their Con saving throw, you can slow one of them for 1 round. This effect disappears at the end of your next round.
Hold Monster. The targets of the spell have their speeds reduced by 10 feet regardless of the saving throw result. This effect last for 1 round.

White Dragon

Ice Knife. If you spend 1 sorcery point after having seen how many creatures failed their saving throw, you can reduce all their speeds by 10 feet for 1 round.
Hunter's Mark. You can deal the extra damage also with you spell attacks or every time the enemy fails a saving throw against one of your spells.
Sleet Storm. The area is not difficult terrain for you and you cannot fall prone due to the spell (but can fall prone due to other effects) and do not need to make a Constitution saving throw when concentrating on a spell when you are in the area. While you are in the area, you can see perfectly inside, but outside the area is heavily obscured for you.
Fear. If you spend 1 sorcery point after having seen how many creatures failed their saving throw by 5 or more, you can deal 2d10 psychic damage to them.
Cone of Cold. If you spend 1 sorcery point after having seen how many creatures failed their Con saving throw, you can increase the level of exhaustion of one of those creatures by 1.
Skill Empowerment. The target does not need to be proficient with the skill to get expertise on it. A target with expertise on one skill cannot further improve that skill with this spell.

Divine
For a divine soul, Origin spells depend on the affinity of the divine source of their power. This affinity can be Law (L), Chaos (C), Good (G), Evil (E), or Neutral (N). A divine soul sorcerer chooses her affinity at 1stlevel, as explained in the Xanathar's guide to everything, pag. 50. A spell that is not marked has no special affinity and can be chosen by any divine soul. To use the rider of a spell, you need to have the same affinity. For example, a divine sorcerer with the Good affinity that reaches 5th level can choose between Daylight and Beacon of Hope as her Origin spell, and use the appropriate rider by spending one sorcery point. If she levels up, she can add Animate dead to her list of spell known, but she can't use the appropriate rider because Animate Dead is not an Origin spell for her.

Shield of Faith. The first time any creature hits the target takes hit points damage equal to your Charisma Modifier. The type of damage is Force (L affinity), psychic (C), radiant (G), necrotic (E), thunder (N). No resistance or immunity can reduce this damage in any way. Anyone creature can be affected only once per casting of this spell.
Divine Favor. You deal 1d4 extra damage with your spell attacks and when the enemy fails her saving throw against one of your spells. The type of extra damage is Force (L affinity), psychic (C), radiant (G), necrotic (E), thunder (N).
Spirit Guardians. L affinity. Whenever a creature fails its saving throw against the spell, it take 3d8 damage, or the average (14 HP), whichever is higher. If you cast the spell at a higher level, use the average of rolled dice. You can use this effect a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier.
Haste. C affinity. The affected creatures also regenerate 1 hit point at the beginning of each of their turns.
Daylight. G affinity. You can designate any number of creatures to be immune to the negative effect. All the other creatures inside the area when you cast it take a -2 penalty to all the attack rolls during their first round.
Animate Dead. E affinity. You can sacrifice one of your undead creatures when you are damaged by an attack. Choose one undead you created with this spell within 60 feet of you when you are damaged by an attack: as a free action, that undead dies and the damage of the attack is reduced by the undead current hit points, up to a minimum damage of 0. You can use this power once per casting of this spell.
Aura of Vitality. N affinity. You can use your Aura of Vitality to affect undead creatures as well: in this case, each round at the beginning of your turn one undead creature of your choice within the aura takes 2d6 radiant damage. No resistance or immunity can reduce this damage in any way.
Counterspell. L affinity. After you rolled your ability check, you can spend 1 sorcery point to take 11 on the roll.
Blink. C affinity. Twice during the casting of this spell and before rolling the d20 die, you choose if jumping or not to the Ethereal plane.
Beacon of Hope. G affinity. Any creature affected by the spell gains damage reduction to one damage type of your choice equal to your Charisma modifier for one round.
Bestow Curse. E affinity. You can apply a -1 penalty on one creature's first saving throw after you have seen the result of the roll if you spend 1 sorcery point.
Thunderstep. N affinity. Instead of leaving a thunderous boom when you leave, you create the thunderous boom just before appearing in the designated spot.
Hold Monster. L affinity. One chaotic target takes a -2 penalty to its first saving throw.
Bigby's Hand. C affinity. The hand has AC 21 and hit points equal to your sorcerer level + Charisma modifier.
Dawn. G affinity. When the cylinder appears, one creature that fails its saving throw is blinded for 1 round.
Dance Macabre. E affinity. You can sacrifice one of your undead creatures when you are damaged by an attack. Choose one undead you created with this spell within 60 feet of you when you are damaged by an attack: as a free action, that undead dies and the damage of the attack is reduced by the undead current hit points, up to a minimum damage of 0. You can use this power once per casting of this spell.
Dispel Evil and Good. N affinity. If you chose the Break Enchantment option, you can add the Grappled, Paralyzed, Restrained, and Stunned to the removable conditions. If you use the Dismissal option, you can apply a -1 penalty on the creature's first saving throw after you have seen the result of the roll and spending 1 sorcery point.
Commune. You can ask up to 4 question to your divine source.

Shadow

Arms of Hadar. You choose which creature the arms will affect.
Sleep. This spell can affect undead creatures.
Animate Dead. One animated undead becomes a ghostly creature. It has immunity to necrotic, poison, and psychic damage, resistance to all damage (unless dealt via magical weapons or spells of 1st level or higher), takes normal damage from force attacks, and vulnerability to radiant damage.
Fear. You gain advantage on all your spell attacks against one frightened target for as long as the frightened condition lasts.
Enervation. If the target fails its first saving throw, you recover 3 sorcery point.
Seeming. The first time a creature makes and Intelligence(Investigation) check to see through your disguise, it fails automatically. This effect applies once per creature.

Storm

Fog Cloud. You can move the cloud 10 feet as a bonus action on each of your turns.
Thunderwave. This spell pushes creatures that fails their saving throw for 15 feet instead of 10 feet, and you can fly before or after this spell 15 feet instead of 10 as a bonus action.
Call Lightning. Whenever a creature in the area fails its saving throw by 5 or more, another creature of your choice within the area takes 1d6 lightning damage.
Sleet Storm. Creatures within the spell area take cold damage equal to your Charisma modifier at the beginning of your turn.
Control Winds. You can change the direction of the winds as a bonus action during your turn.
Conjure Elemental* Until the elemental is active, your Heart of the Storm feature increases to 20 feet.

Wild

Chaos bolt. If on your first roll the sum of the 2d8 dice is even, the Chaos bolt keeps jumping. From now on the bolt will keep jumping on randomly chosen enemies within the spell range for as long as the sum of the 2d8 is even and it hits; the damage will be just 2d8 (no additional 1d6). If no enemies are in range, the Chaos bolt will randomly jump on allies until you miss or roll odd with 2d8. Each creature can be targeted only once per casting of Chaos bolt. If on your first roll the sum of the 2d8 is odd, you teleport 1d6x5 feet on a random location. Roll 1d8 for the direction: 1 North; 2 North-East; 3: East; 4: South-East; 5: South; 6: South-West; 7: West; 8: North-West.
Tasha's Hideous Laughter. If the enemy rolled even on its saving throw, it also takes 2d8 point of psychic damage. If it rolled odd, you will trigger a wild surge with a result of 1 or 20 until the end of the encounter whenever you cast a spell.
Blink. Until the end of the spell, you will check if you trigger a Wild surge at the end of each of your turns even if you do not cast any spell.
Gaseous Form. The target speed in gaseous form is 20 feet, not 10 feet, and the target can talk (albeit it is not enough to cast spells).
Animate Objects. Once per casting of this spell you can switch places with one of the objects. After you use this power, you cannot use it again.
Synaptic Static. Those who fail their saving throw roll a d8 and subtract the number rolled from all their attack rolls, ability checks, and Constitution saving throws to maintain concentration.