PDA

View Full Version : [How To] Make feats from certain PrC features that sound like feats but aren't.

3drinks
2019-10-20, 06:46 PM
I'm talking about abilities such as the Frenzied Berserker's Supreme Power Attack or Supreme Cleave that feel like they're natural feats in their respective chains but aren't actually feats by RAW?

Similarly related but different enough (I suppose), what about abilities that could be specialized feats but there's nothing to indicate any other growth to compare them to as such? A la the Archmage's Arcane Reach/Fire, Mastery of Counterspelling/Elements/Shaping (not the SLAs, obviously, since they would assuredly lead to a very unbalanced environment)?

Mike Miller
2019-10-20, 06:54 PM
If it works for your game, sure. Sounds like good Homebrew. There are plenty of PrCs that aren't worth class levels but have one or two abilities worth considering.

3drinks
2019-10-20, 07:11 PM
If it works for your game, sure. Sounds like good Homebrew. There are plenty of PrCs that aren't worth class levels but have one or two abilities worth considering.

That wasn't really the question, but I edited the topic title for better clarity. 😎

Hand_of_Vecna
2019-10-21, 04:32 AM
Many e6 groups do this. If you aren't familiar e6 is a bounded 3.5 that stops level advancement at 6 then has progression in the form of gaining extra feats.

The default way to do it is to make all of the PrC's prerequisites feat prerequisites. When not playing e6 you may also want to add some BAB or caster level to restrict it to the ECL the PRC would give it to you at.

If you're concerned about the balance of an individual feat you made with this method go ahead and ask about it, this rough and ready method won't be balanced everytime.

3drinks
2019-10-21, 02:53 PM
Guess that's pretty self explanatory. Makes sense.